2000 Watts

2»

Comments

• GirlSaturdayGirlSaturday Posts: 1,020
    I haven't a clue what the song lyrics are about. When listening to the song, I was more fascinated that a deeper voice emerged. Some say it is his and others say that it was caused by studio equipment. I like the deeper voice and wondered what encouraged him to use it. It seems that for years, he made it a point to keep any deeper voice a secret. If it is his voice, I would have loved to hear it used again on other songs. His singing voice as we know it is nice. However, can you imagine him singing some of his love songs using a deeper sexy voice as well? Whew...
  • KAP93KAP93 Posts: 22
    If I'm Not Mistaken, The Song Really Is About Sex. It Was Written By Tyrese Gibson For His Album 2000 Watts.Michael Heard The Song &nd Liked It So Tyrese Just Gave The Song To Michael To Use For Invincible. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • OH MY GOD..  i am so naive!  I have NEVER thought this to be about sex...  but you are all right.  this is totally about sex.  Go Mike!  LOVE YOU MORE.  I loved this song before, now i totally love it!  <!-- s:D --> :D <!-- s:D --> <br /><br /><br />Bass note, treble, stereo control, - (THE HEIGHT OF SOUND)<br />How low can you go - (OK THINK ABOUT IT)<br />Just enough to make your juices flow - (*cough*...)<br />Press play... - (GO!)<br />Dont stop -( OH NO DONT STOP..DONT STOP TILL YOU GET ENOUGH)<br />rotate, too hot - (WTH IS BEING ROTATED....THIS IS POSITIONS!!!!...)<br /><br />You feel im real<br />tell me whats the deal - (IM REAL WHAT?...REAL STRONG CAUSE OF MY SUPER POWER 2000 WATTS....*fans self*..ok ok im calm now Eye-wink<br /><br />2000 Watts, 8 ohms, 200 volts, real strong<br />Too much of that, fuse blown - (THE HEIGHT OF EXHAUSTION!...THE FUSE BOX IS BLOWN! LIGHTS OUT..TIME FOR SLEEP)<br /><br />Be careful what you say don’t overload - (TOO MUCH WORK CAN CAUSE EXHAUSTION...OVERLOAD...EXPLODE...BAM!..BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY *NC*...THE HEIGHT OF SOUND INCREASES INTENSITY!)<br /><br />3D - (3D MAKES YOU FEEL 'IN IT' RIGHT...LIKE YOU ARE 'IN' SOMETHING)<br />Highspeed - (SELF EXPLANATORY....THE SPEED OF SOUND..THE SPEED IN MOVEMENT)<br />Dolby- (OPTIMIZE YOUR SOUND USING DOLBY TECHNOLOGY!!!)<br />Release two or three, when I reach I can go ‘til I hit my peak - (...A RELEASE IS DUE TO EXHAUSTION...TO REACH THE HEIGHT OF SOUND..FORCES AN UNCONTROLLED..WELL SOMETIMES IT CAN BE CONTROLLED TO AN EXTENT Eye-wink...SOUND....IT CAN BE RELEASED MORE THAN ONCE IN MALES...LOL.....BUT IN THIS CASE IT SEEMS HE CAN PROGRESSS UNTIL HE FILLS HE REACHED HIS PEAK..."HAVE MERRRCCCCYY"...SOMEBODY WAS BEGIN 'MERCY ME'<br /><br />Compact steelo, chico, D-Lo, highpost lady - (COMPACT STEEL IS THE HARDEST TOUGHEST...YOU GET MY DRIFT!..DIFFERENT POSITIIONS...HIGHPOST LADY - STANDING UP!)<br /><br />Shortie really wanna be there for me - (THERE WHAT?!?..IN THE STUDIO..NOPE....)<br /><br /><br />Also..  totally love MICHAELS VOICE in this.,..  thats why i loved it in the first place.  Now its Michaels low an mature voice singing about a double meaning!  Phew!!!!<br /><br />
    <br /><br />
  • PinkTopazPinkTopaz Posts: 1,013
    OH MY GOD.. i am so naive! I have NEVER thought this to be about sex... but you are all right. this is totally about sex. Go Mike! LOVE YOU MORE. I loved this song before, now i totally love it! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Bass note, treble, stereo control, - (THE HEIGHT OF SOUND)
    How low can you go - (OK THINK ABOUT IT)
    Just enough to make your juices flow - (*cough*...)
    Press play... - (GO!)
    Dont stop -( OH NO DONT STOP..DONT STOP TILL YOU GET ENOUGH)
    rotate, too hot - (WTH IS BEING ROTATED....THIS IS POSITIONS!!!!...)

You feel im real
    tell me whats the deal - (IM REAL WHAT?...REAL STRONG CAUSE OF MY SUPER POWER 2000 WATTS....*fans self*..ok ok im calm now Eye-wink

2000 Watts, 8 ohms, 200 volts, real strong
    Too much of that, fuse blown - (THE HEIGHT OF EXHAUSTION!...THE FUSE BOX IS BLOWN! LIGHTS OUT..TIME FOR SLEEP)

Be careful what you say don’t overload - (TOO MUCH WORK CAN CAUSE EXHAUSTION...OVERLOAD...EXPLODE...BAM!..BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY *NC*...THE HEIGHT OF SOUND INCREASES INTENSITY!)

3D - (3D MAKES YOU FEEL 'IN IT' RIGHT...LIKE YOU ARE 'IN' SOMETHING)
    Highspeed - (SELF EXPLANATORY....THE SPEED OF SOUND..THE SPEED IN MOVEMENT)
    Dolby- (OPTIMIZE YOUR SOUND USING DOLBY TECHNOLOGY!!!)
    Release two or three, when I reach I can go ‘til I hit my peak - (...A RELEASE IS DUE TO EXHAUSTION...TO REACH THE HEIGHT OF SOUND..FORCES AN UNCONTROLLED..WELL SOMETIMES IT CAN BE CONTROLLED TO AN EXTENT Eye-wink...SOUND....IT CAN BE RELEASED MORE THAN ONCE IN MALES...LOL.....BUT IN THIS CASE IT SEEMS HE CAN PROGRESSS UNTIL HE FILLS HE REACHED HIS PEAK..."HAVE MERRRCCCCYY"...SOMEBODY WAS BEGIN 'MERCY ME'

Compact steelo, chico, D-Lo, highpost lady - (COMPACT STEEL IS THE HARDEST TOUGHEST...YOU GET MY DRIFT!..DIFFERENT POSITIIONS...HIGHPOST LADY - STANDING UP!)

Shortie really wanna be there for me - (THERE WHAT?!?..IN THE STUDIO..NOPE....)

Also.. totally love MICHAELS VOICE in this.,.. thats why i loved it in the first place. Now its Michaels low an mature voice singing about a double meaning! Phew!!!!

[youtube:21klbshb]

[youtube:21klbshb]
    I thought everyone knew about this cuz it's so KINKY! I totally adore it, with his sexyazz deep voice.. I love how he says "shorty", too, it's so hot coming from him.. ?
  • @PinkTopaz.. i am so naive and dispy, that before today i totally thought it was just a funky dance track and Mike was singing about 3D and CD's... lmao!!!
    Now i totally understand the song and it makes total sense... OMG... i think i have just died and been taken to heaven. This takes my attraction to Mike to to a totally different level!

Thankyou for this thread. Its made my day! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • PinkTopazPinkTopaz Posts: 1,013
    @PinkTopaz.. i am so naive and dispy, that before today i totally thought it was just a funky dance track and Mike was singing about 3D and CD's... lmao!!!
    Now i totally understand the song and it makes total sense... OMG... i think i have just died and been taken to heaven. This takes my attraction to Mike to to a totally different level!

Thankyou for this thread. Its made my day! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    Mine was on this "level" since my first day of fandom.. @_@ Mike, I lloovvee ya..
  • rayvynrayvyn Posts: 139
    I wanted to know if ANYONE understands the meaning of the lyrics for this song <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
    I mean it could have a simple meaning but then again idk so here ae the lyrics and if u come up with anything please let me know <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

2000 Watts Lyrics:

Bass note, treble, stereo
    control, how low you go
    Just enough to make your juices flow
    Press play, don't stop, voltage, too hot
    You feel I'm real
    I'm everything you need, so
    tell me what's the deal
    [Chorus]
    Too much of that, fuse blown
    Be careful what you say don't overload
    Too much of that, fuse blown
    Be careful what you say don't overload
    3D, high speed, feedback, Dolby
    Release two or three, when I reach I
    can go ‘til I hit my peak
    Compact steelo, chico, D-Lo, highpost lady
    Shorty really wanna be there for me
    [Chorus]
    [Ad Libs]
    [Chorus out]

Release two or three, when I reach I can go' 'til I hit my peak?!!! You bettah weeeerk, MJ! Weeerk! LOL!
  • shamonshamon Posts: 60
    I love this song, but unfortunately, after everything I've learned from this forum, all I can think about now when I hear it is MK-ULTRA.

I am glad people are picking it up! I as well think this song is about the electroshocks that are used with the programming of MK ULTRA victims.

No it is not,this song is about a girl."shorty" is another name for girl.You guys need to stop butchrering Michael's music.How simple is it?,the lyrics are right there in front of you,this song has a sexual content to it,"can I reach my peak"if we are experinced sexually, then we should all know what reaching a peak is to a man,peace.

<!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> I applaud you!! Many thanks for staying rational <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • OMG!!!! <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x -->
    I DID NOT make this topic for people to fight!!!! There is no need for that I don't want anyone trash talking I just wanted diff opinions from everyone then I make up my mind on which I think is more plausible!!! I hate when stuff like that happens and thnx Souza and Paloma7 I was thinking that 2 for a min <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    Thnx Chamone and the other poster for trying to make Peace now I love all of u the same but this arguing over this stuff is not going to cut. it <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x --> <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> !!!!
    I thank you also word for ur opinion that was another 1 of my thoughts also but the song is just confusing for me <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

I'm sorry mj5starchick,I was just having a difference of an opinion,then Chamone took thinkgs to another level.2000 Watts is my favorite cut of the Invincible album outside of Butterflies,I just couldn't see MJ jamming to a song that means abusing your fellow man.I truly meant no harm,I was just stating my opinion.

Do that in a more respectful way next time, I am a bit tired playing cop here.

And fact? How are you so sure? Did you write it yourself? Are you Mike's best buddy? I don't think so. It's your opinion, like we have a different one. That's fine but there is no need to claim you know it for a fact, because you don't.
    The fact is you can't take MJ's music butcher it and make it be what you want it to be.Don't get mad if I call you out on it.I'm not Mj's best buddy I am a true fan,and Michael Jackson does not create music of human torture for you to jam to.It is my opinion,and if you don't like my opinion then don't put ridculous posts,and then get mad if some one calls you out.Now I was not being rude,I'm just saying what I feel.It is a fact that the song is about sex,do your research.
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    OMG!!!! <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x -->
    I DID NOT make this topic for people to fight!!!! There is no need for that I don't want anyone trash talking I just wanted diff opinions from everyone then I make up my mind on which I think is more plausible!!! I hate when stuff like that happens and thnx Souza and Paloma7 I was thinking that 2 for a min <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    Thnx Chamone and the other poster for trying to make Peace now I love all of u the same but this arguing over this stuff is not going to cut. it <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x --> <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> !!!!
    I thank you also word for ur opinion that was another 1 of my thoughts also but the song is just confusing for me <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

I'm sorry mj5starchick,I was just having a difference of an opinion,then Chamone took thinkgs to another level.2000 Watts is my favorite cut of the Invincible album outside of Butterflies,I just couldn't see MJ jamming to a song that means abusing your fellow man.I truly meant no harm,I was just stating my opinion.

And fact? How are you so sure? Did you write it yourself? Are you Mike's best buddy? I don't think so. It's your opinion, like we have a different one. That's fine but there is no need to claim you know it for a fact, because you don't.
    The fact is you can't take MJ's music butcher it and make it be what you want it to be.Don't get mad if I call you out on it.I'm not Mj's best buddy I am a true fan,and Michael Jackson does not create music of human torture for you to jam to.It is my opinion,and if you don't like my opinion then don't put ridculous posts,and then get mad if some one calls you out.Now I was not being rude,I'm just saying what I feel.It is a fact that the song is about sex,do your research.

Exactly what I did, maybe you should as well.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• I think it's his natural voice..he can go high and low any time
  • OMG!!!! <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x -->

PUUUHleeeeze.
    OMG!!!! <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x -->

PUUUHleeeeze.

Considering this comment and the "Whatevah" in the other thread, I assume we are done with this useless discussion?

Great!

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    I don´t understand why you get so annoyed with the NWO opinions...
    but in the end you seem to like them.
  • Torture Techniques at Guantánamo: “Communist Inspired” ...or Developed, Refined, and Exported by the USA?

Take the case of Gail Kastner, who was one of Dr. Cameron’s “patients.” No less than 63 times, she had 150 to 200 volts of electricity sent into the frontal lobes of her brain. Each time, this sent her body into violent convulsions. As a result, she suffered fractures, sprains, bloody lips, and broken teeth.

http://revcom.us/a/137/torture_part_1-en.html

I am with virgo75 about the 2 meanings.
    The abstract of a song lyrics is always something subceptible for many meanings even if the author doesn´t mean more that one. I think MJ likes multiple meanings.
    The MK Ultra meaning is perfectly possible, let it be.
  • mjsgirl89mjsgirl89 Posts: 378
    IMO, the song is about sex...it's possible there's a double meaning, but I agree with the other poster (sorry forgot which one)that I don't think he would make a up-beat, happy dance song about torture...most of his other most important messages in songs are generally slow songs...maybe it's just cuz I'm not big on the whole NWO/mind control and what not theroies...but this is just how I feel about it

2000 Watts is an extremely SEXXXXYYYYY song...I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • rayvynrayvyn Posts: 139
    OH MY GOD.. i am so naive! I have NEVER thought this to be about sex... but you are all right. this is totally about sex. Go Mike! LOVE YOU MORE. I loved this song before, now i totally love it! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Bass note, treble, stereo control, - (THE HEIGHT OF SOUND)
    How low can you go - (OK THINK ABOUT IT)
    Just enough to make your juices flow - (*cough*...)
    Press play... - (GO!)
    Dont stop -( OH NO DONT STOP..DONT STOP TILL YOU GET ENOUGH)
    rotate, too hot - (WTH IS BEING ROTATED....THIS IS POSITIONS!!!!...)

You feel im real
    tell me whats the deal - (IM REAL WHAT?...REAL STRONG CAUSE OF MY SUPER POWER 2000 WATTS....*fans self*..ok ok im calm now Eye-wink

Too much of that, fuse blown - (THE HEIGHT OF EXHAUSTION!...THE FUSE BOX IS BLOWN! LIGHTS OUT..TIME FOR SLEEP)

Be careful what you say don’t overload - (TOO MUCH WORK CAN CAUSE EXHAUSTION...OVERLOAD...EXPLODE...BAM!..BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY *NC*...THE HEIGHT OF SOUND INCREASES INTENSITY!)

3D - (3D MAKES YOU FEEL 'IN IT' RIGHT...LIKE YOU ARE 'IN' SOMETHING)
    Highspeed - (SELF EXPLANATORY....THE SPEED OF SOUND..THE SPEED IN MOVEMENT)
    Dolby- (OPTIMIZE YOUR SOUND USING DOLBY TECHNOLOGY!!!)
    Release two or three, when I reach I can go ‘til I hit my peak - (...A RELEASE IS DUE TO EXHAUSTION...TO REACH THE HEIGHT OF SOUND..FORCES AN UNCONTROLLED..WELL SOMETIMES IT CAN BE CONTROLLED TO AN EXTENT Eye-wink...SOUND....IT CAN BE RELEASED MORE THAN ONCE IN MALES...LOL.....BUT IN THIS CASE IT SEEMS HE CAN PROGRESSS UNTIL HE FILLS HE REACHED HIS PEAK..."HAVE MERRRCCCCYY"...SOMEBODY WAS BEGIN 'MERCY ME'

Compact steelo, chico, D-Lo, highpost lady - (COMPACT STEEL IS THE HARDEST TOUGHEST...YOU GET MY DRIFT!..DIFFERENT POSITIIONS...HIGHPOST LADY - STANDING UP!)

Shortie really wanna be there for me - (THERE WHAT?!?..IN THE STUDIO..NOPE....)

Also.. totally love MICHAELS VOICE in this.,.. thats why i loved it in the first place. Now its Michaels low an mature voice singing about a double meaning! Phew!!!!

[youtube:aezrr48n]

[youtube:aezrr48n]

I think I'll take that cold shower now. Thank you very much. LOL!!!!
  • tusia6631tusia6631 Posts: 101
    I haven't a clue what the song lyrics are about. When listening to the song, I was more fascinated that a deeper voice emerged. Some say it is his and others say that it was caused by studio equipment. I like the deeper voice and wondered what encouraged him to use it. It seems that for years, he made it a point to keep any deeper voice a secret. If it is his voice, I would have loved to hear it used again on other songs. His singing voice as we know it is nice. However, can you imagine him singing some of his love songs using a deeper sexy voice as well? Whew...
    that's what i was thinking about when i was listening to this song <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    i was fascinated with MJ's deep voice..damn! it's so sexy!! it turns me on! <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
    i think that MJ could have singed more songs with this voice..geez.. that would be awesome.. <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
    and after reading DancingTheDream's post i'm sure this song is about sex!! shamone!! it's plain to see!!! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    I've always been torn between this song being about sex , or MK ULTRA.. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • DancingTheDreamDancingTheDream Posts: 4,923
    I've always been torn between this song being about sex , or MK ULTRA.. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

what is MK ultra???
  • mumof3mumof3 Posts: 1,973
    I never knew what the song was about I thought it was about music and film just goes to show I didn't stop and think and listen

what is MK ultra???
    <!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10771<!-- l -->

• i know this is an old topic, but i wanted to post as this is a special topic for me personally. as a (once) naive MJ fan, it was my search for the meaning of these lyrics that started my interest in discovering illuminati and gov conspiracy and brain washing... although i am new believer to DH and need to catch up, a few years ago it was learning what thes lyrics were about that instigated my desire to want to learn and be aware about the truth of governments / illuminati and their evil devices. now i am learning the ins and outs of DH - so many song lyrics of mj's that i have always questioned but never understood are coming together.<br /><br />the scary thing is its not mj, britney, gaga, and others that are just affected. if they are affected and they are infecting our radios, tvs and net with their messages - we are all affected... we absorb it. not only do we absorb it but we are hooked on it. we are all slaves to the evil forces, not just the mediums that they use (the icons of pop culture)<br /><br />so eye opening. and scary. but we have the power to not be sedate, metaphorical intravenous consumers.<br /><br />i am so grateful to be learning and discovering DH. it is putting other pieces together about other things i am questioning, outside of MJ. not only am i getting my mj answers, but i am really starting a personal awakening.<br /><br />
  • MJ5StarChic, this is what I was trying to say the other day on a different forum. I dont like it when we bicker and argue, it is boring and wrong on here. Yes of course we are going to have different opinions, but thats just what they are, opinions. Lets keep the faith and the love on here people bearhug
  • /bravo/ Missyoumuch