Guardianship

mjboogiemjboogie Posts: 1,067
edited January 1970 in General Hoax Investigation
Hi everybody! Did we ever find out what the custody status of MJ"s children are? I know that initially Momma Katherine was/is awarded TEMPORARY custody. Is it still TEMPORARY ? Or......has it been changed to PERMANENT since all of the court things have been taken place? Has anyone researched this thoroughly or found out anything new regarding Guardianship? Thanks. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> Seem like it would be PERMANENT by now right?

Comments

• I dont think she will be granted perm custody because MJ's "leave of absence" is only temporary. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    She would have to go back to court to file for permanent guardianship. I really don't think that there is a need to. I believe Michael is alive and will eventually get his children back. A temporary guardian would have been necessary for any extended period of time that he would have been away or incapacitated to care for them in that he was the sole caretaker, i.e. hospitalization, etc. The reason I believe that he is alive is because if he were indeed dead, a temporary guardianship would not have customarily been applied for. Temp means the custodial parent will be back or that someone else would be taking over the custody permanently besides Katherine or Michael which was perplexing. That was my first ah-ha moment from day one. I wondered why she filed for temporary if Michael was dead? Then I though, I certainly hope that Diana Ross isn't taking them permanently because she has been completely out of the picture and does not appear to want that responsibility. Does anyone know if the children have been receiving Social Security Dependent benefits? That would clear a lot of things up. If they are indeed receiving SS benefits, then that would throw the hoax completely out of the door. However, I don't think that they have. The media would have been all over it. They are more than likely being cared for out of the money that Katherine gets from the estate.
  • She would have to go back to court to file for permanent guardianship. I really don't think that there is a need to. I believe Michael is alive and will eventually get his children back. A temporary guardian would have been necessary for any extended period of time that he would have been away or incapacitated to care for them in that he was the sole caretaker, i.e. hospitalization, etc. The reason I believe that he is alive is because if he were indeed dead, a temporary guardianship would not have customarily been applied for. Temp means the custodial parent will be back or that someone else would be taking over the custody permanently besides Katherine or Michael which was perplexing. That was my first ah-ha moment from day one. I wondered why she filed for temporary if Michael was dead? Then I though, I certainly hope that Diana Ross isn't taking them permanently because she has been completely out of the picture and does not appear to want that responsibility. Does anyone know if the children have been receiving Social Security Dependent benefits? That would clear a lot of things up. If they are indeed receiving SS benefits, then that would throw the hoax completely out of the door. However, I don't think that they have. The media would have been all over it. They are more than likely being cared for out of the money that Katherine gets from the estate.

It sounds like you may have a great point which needs further exploring. Time to look into the permanent vs temporary custodial situation a little more and also the SS benefits. I, too, don't think they are drawing SS benefits. Is there a way to find out?
  • mjboogiemjboogie Posts: 1,067
    Boy am I glad I started this thread!! Indeed temporary custody hugh? Well perhaps it could have been plausible unless maybe Momma Katherine might be turning them over to Auntie Janet or Rebbie maybe? You know God forbid but what if MJ's mom gets ill or something u know? How would that work ?

Temporary, should have been permanent from the get go right UNLESS another relative possibly could have been selected to raise them.

Also the only way we could find out if those kids are receiving Social Security for MJ is if we have the kids social security numbers right? Does anyone here know how we would find this out???? Thanks Lets go investigators!!!!

I still say MJ is not deceased "temporarily deceased" but I aint gonna lie what we uncover regarding the social security death benefits would shed lots of light!! My mom died when I was 9 and my sisters and I received hers. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • simplymesimplyme Posts: 649
    I dont think she will be granted perm custody because MJ's "leave of absence" is only temporary. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Katherine was granted permanent guardianship back in August 2009.
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    Guess I was so distraught back then that I missed it. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • simplymesimplyme Posts: 649
    Guess I was so distraught back then that I missed it. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
    I forgot to mention that since SS was mentioned in the paperwork, I'm thinking they applied. There would be no reason for them not to receive benefits. Some of the court documents and proceeding have been sealed. That was probably one of those items as it's not public business. That will probably never be known.
  • I dont think she will be granted perm custody because MJ's "leave of absence" is only temporary. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    2thumbs.gif
  • Jacko's Kids Get Booked
    Originally posted Aug 3rd 2009 11:30 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

Michael Jackson's sons Michael Jr. (in red) and Prince Michael (in blue) and their entourage were spotted going to an L.A. bookstore this weekend.

0803_jackson_kids_90802w10_jackson_b-gr_02_bauer_exc-1.jpg

On Monday, a judge named Katherine Jackson permanent guardian of all three of Michael's children.

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2009/08/03/jackos-kids-get-booked/<!-- m -->
  • GirlSaturdayGirlSaturday Posts: 1,020
    Remember...according to the will if something were to happen to Mrs Jackson then the kids are assigned to live with Diana Ross and not their aunts.