Lady JLady J Posts: 455
edited January 1970 in News
I found this few minutes ago on facebook

30495_397232911308_245985381308_4346475_4756492_n.jpg

Comments

• rowdyangelrowdyangel Posts: 546
    I found this few minutes ago on facebook

30495_397232911308_245985381308_4346475_4756492_n.jpg

Lol. I like the strapline on this. And look closely at the bottom of the stone. A nice advert for them!! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> http://www.stoneplans.com

They are a company based in Indiana - look at this http://www.stoneplans.com/mj.htm

Apparently this was unveiled in July 2009!
  • Lady JLady J Posts: 455
    well.....this is getting too hard and now I´m slowly understanding what happened last year <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->

the bottom, you know but the stone is still there - i hate that <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> that destroys my hope,man.
  • rowdyangelrowdyangel Posts: 546
    well.....this is getting too hard and now I´m slowly understanding what happened last year <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->

the bottom, you know but the stone is still there - i hate that <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> that destroys my hope,man.

It was unveiled on 10th July 2009, so it's not recent.
  • mirandacncmirandacnc Posts: 405
    wow and look at joe..laughing it up and it was 3 days after the memorial.... <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • wow and look at joe..laughing it up and it was 3 days after the memorial.... <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

I was just thinking, Joe sure is happy with his son being ''dead''.

What about ''Never can say goodbye'' does this mean he can't say goodbye? Is that some kind of phrase or something that you write on tombs? Don't know?
  • well.....this is getting too hard and now I´m slowly understanding what happened last year <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->

Wow! If they unveiled this on July 10, 2009....they wasted no time at all getting it made and displayed!!!!! Seems like a rush job to me........but whatever.
  • suspicious mindsuspicious mind Posts: 5,984
    that is surely too fast
  • suomursusuomursu Posts: 111
    Michelangela: Never can say goodbye is a song of the Jackson 5.
    Michael J. Jackson. They aren't revealing his middle name...

Wow! If they unveiled this on July 10, 2009....they wasted no time at all getting it made and displayed!!!!! Seems like a rush job to me........but whatever.

really? i did not know that..

and yes joe is smiling a lot like he did when he supported his label and infront of his encino home few days after MJ "died"
  • Michelangela: Never can say goodbye is a song of the Jackson 5.
    Michael J. Jackson. They aren't revealing his middle name...

Thanx but does that mean that he can never say goodbye? It depends how you translate it. In my language that would mean that.

So for me, he didn't say goodbye yet. Yes they were very careful about the middle name.
    It's weird though, We had Elvis Aaron Presley but no Joseph or Joe?????
  • moyrummoyrum Posts: 78
    So when MJ comes back what are they gunna do the memorial stone just break and throw it away <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
    So when MJ comes back what are they gunna do the memorial stone just break and throw it away <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

my mum asked me the same question one hour ago and this worries be a bit
  • DatrootDatroot Posts: 1,314
    They don't look like birth to death dates - just two random dates.
  • imo i believe that the legandary musical genius michael jackson has passed and will be no more but the film director michael jackson is very much alive. i believe michael just laid to rest the king of pop not the man himself. that for me explains a lot such as the familys emotions they are sad that he has given up his singing career but at the same time they are happy because they know he is still alive. i believe that this year was to let people get used to the idea of michael not being around because as a film director he wont be in the spotlight as much as he was before.
    imo i believe that the legandary musical genius michael jackson has passed and will be no more but the film director michael jackson is very much alive. i believe michael just laid to rest the king of pop not the man himself. that for me explains a lot such as the familys emotions they are sad that he has given up his singing career but at the same time they are happy because they know he is still alive. i believe that this year was to let people get used to the idea of michael not being around because as a film director he wont be in the spotlight as much as he was before.

Yes - Jermaine did say - my brother, the legendary King of Pop Michael Jackson passed away.
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Take Joe is laughing 26/06/09 ... very nice Joe <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • imissMJ147imissMJ147 Posts: 123
    Well it says "King of Pop Michael J. Jackson" so it could mean that the King of Pop side of him died. Because it's not showing MJ as a person just his singing career side.
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    It's the mask part of Michael, not the person behind, that died.
    yes and reffering to the dates it is not like that for example *29. August 1958 † 25.June 2009

or 29. August 1958 - 25. June 2009

I agree with Datroot <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • Good point <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> that it brings only the dates, do not cross <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> no "death day" <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Right, just two very significant dates in his life. No one can argue with that. When will the next BIG date be? Resurrection?
    Joe Jackson's back in Gary today, still trying to bank on Michael in death

GARY | Construction of a performing arts center, museum, hotel and mega entertainment complex honoring Michael Jackson and his family are expected to be part of a major announcement today in Gary.

The Jacksons got their start in Gary, and patriarch Joe Jackson is back in the city this week.

Tuesday, he visited his former house at 2300 Jackson Street for an unveiling of a monument to his late son, King of Pop Michael Jackson. Later, Joe Jackson joined Gary Mayor Rudy Clay and Jackson Family Foundation President Simon Sahouri at the Gary Access Center, 839 Broadway, to tape a segment for a local cable show called "Eye on Gary News," hosted by LaLosa Burns, spokeswoman for Clay.

Joe Jackson dropped the words "recording studio" and "golf course" during discussion of the project, but Burns said details of the plan should be saved until today's announcement.

She said that, for years, people have talked about a Jackson family museum and performing arts and cultural center coming to Gary. She asked Joe Jackson why now is a good time for the project.

He referred to The Jackson 5 song, "Goin' Back to Indiana," and said although his son Michael is no longer around, Joe Jackson is here to carry on his legacy. Other stars who started their rise in the city have not returned to Gary, but the Jackson legacy will, he said.

"I've never seen nowhere where they brought something back," he said. "We're bringing something back."

Clay told The Times last week that the project site being explored is close to the Borman Expressway.

Sahouri said Joe Jackson insisted on having this project in Gary to create jobs, continue the Jackson legacy and to make Gary a destination, attracting people from around the world.

Jackson said it's something his son Michael Jackson would have wanted. He wanted to give back to Gary. June 25 marks one year since Michael Jackson died in Los Angeles at age 50.

Other cities wanted this project, but Joe Jackson stood firm on having it in Gary, Clay said.

Clay estimated it will draw hundreds of thousands of people each year, and the development will serve as a magnet, attracting other businesses into the city. In the United States alone, 10 million people are members of Michael Jackson's fan club, Clay said.

"This is our moment in time," he said.

Burns said she's almost certain that businesses will be knocking on Gary's door after today's announcement.

Shamone!

[OP sez: I still think this a shitty idea. The Region Rat in me wonders why on Earth anyone would want to come to Gary, Indiana.]

<!-- m -->http://community.livejournal.com/ohn.../47457298.html<!-- m -->
  • lacta89lacta89 Posts: 88
    Papa Joe looks so damn happy.....hmmmmmm <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
    ..and there is a pic of E'cass on the back of the stone.
  • They don't look like birth to death dates - just two random dates.

True - at least we can keep hope because it doesn't actually say Date of Death: June 25, 2009.

There is a picture of E'Cass? I don't see it - can you tell me which one? Thanks.