Memorial stone in Gary

2»

Comments

• DatrootDatroot Posts: 1,314
    They don't look like birth to death dates - just two random dates.

True - at least we can keep hope because it doesn't actually say Date of Death: June 25, 2009.

There is a picture of E'Cass? I don't see it - can you tell me which one? Thanks.

Its on the back of the stone - someone posted a pic of it on the other forum.
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    [URL = <!-- m -->http://img709.imageshack.us/i/50788578.jpg/<!-- m -->] <!-- m -->http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/5177/50788578.jpg<!-- m --> [/ IMG] [/ URL]

Uploaded with [URL = <!-- m -->http://imageshack.us<!-- m -->] ImageShack.us [/ URL]

Lacta89 If that's what I like about Joe, ... the always happy, no matter what happens, one day after the "death" of his son is so happy .... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    Amazing how quick they are to get this monument up (which looks like more of an advertising plaque), and there is still no name on the grave. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • lomaloma Posts: 1,366
    ..and there is a pic of E'cass on the back of the stone.
    <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    I noticed that.
    And It's the most famous picture of him that says
    "E Cassanova" on it. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
    It's a HOAX!
    That's probably what Joe's smiling at.
    And in all "live" pictures, it's conveniently blocked out
    by someone's head or something.
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    Here you go......see this at the end. <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o -->
  • Since they put the pic of Ecas on there, maybe Ecas was the one that passed on that day. Why else would they put a pic on a memorial stone for MJ.
  • pepperpepper Posts: 558
    The monument was made by an Indiana company and donated to the city of Gary. It sounds like it was a gift, no one asked them to make it.

Here is the link to an enlarged photo of the stone front and back.
    <!-- m -->http://www.stoneplans.com/mj.htm<!-- m -->

Company to donate stone monument to singer’s hometown of Gary, Ind.

Updated 5:28 PM Monday, July 13, 2009

A local monument company has a big role in a memorial service for Michael Jackson in Gary, Ind., this weekend.

Stone Plans, a maker of stone memorials and monuments, with offices at 2331 Gettysburg Ave. and in Richmond, Ind., is donating an 8-by-5-foot monument to the King of Pop’s hometown.

The $28,000, custom-etched monument will be unveiled during a memorial service there Friday, July 10.

Work on the 5,000-pound monument started this week, said Darren Boykin of Stone Plans. It got some finishing touches Thursday, July 9, and will be shipped to the city in northwest Indiana this morning. This memorial was designed, manufactured, engraved at Stone Plans corporate facility in Richmond within a short 48 hour time period.

“The city (Gary) gave birth to the King of Pop,” Boykin said. “Not a local artist or a national artist, but an international superstar. I want them to be proud. I want them to look at the monument and say, ‘Wow. He was one of us.’”

<!-- m -->http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/day ... 98928.html<!-- m -->
  • imo i believe that the legandary musical genius michael jackson has passed and will be no more but the film director michael jackson is very much alive. i believe michael just laid to rest the king of pop not the man himself. that for me explains a lot such as the familys emotions they are sad that he has given up his singing career but at the same time they are happy because they know he is still alive. i believe that this year was to let people get used to the idea of michael not being around because as a film director he wont be in the spotlight as much as he was before.

I agree totally. He will return as Michael the man and not Michael the performer.

It does appear from all information I have read about the stone that the company simply wanted to make the stone for the City of Gary, they were not asked to make it.

As for the picture of the impersonator. Whoever chose the pictures, like a lot of people out there probably wouldn't know an impersonator from MJ even if he told them himself. Only true, I repeat true, fans would know.

This stone should not discourage any of you who believe he is alive. It hasn't discouraged me. Why, it is simply proof of how well the hoax is working! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> Understand, no one can prevent people who really believe MJ is dead from doing things like this out of respect for him. After all the MJ haters have done to him, this is quite refreshing! I must say they did a heck of a job on that stone, and so quickly. I'd put my company info on it too! <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->

I also feel that this is why Joe is always laughing, grinning and smiling, he's just blown away at how the people are falling for the hoax "hook, line, and sinker" no questions asked, and he doesn't know how to hide it. He's a proud papa with his chest stuck out, knowing that his son could pull off something of this magnitude! Has anyone seen him smoking any cigars lately? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

And one last thing. There is plenty of room on the front of that stone to chisel in other comments when MJ returns. Which is what I think they will do.

In the words of MJ, "Keep the faith, don't let nobody turn you round!" Keep the faith while riding high up "on the wings of love!"

Blessings to you all!