Michael Jackson Estate, AEG Pays Memorial

edited January 1970 in News
Michael Jackson Estate, AEG Pays Memorial
Originally posted 14 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Michael Jackson's estate and AEG have agreed to pay the City of Los Angeles $1 million to cover the cost of the MJ memorial last year.

0618-michael-bn.jpg

In addition the estate and AEG will pay $300,00 for crime fighting equipment, as a make-good for the memorial expenses.

City officials determined $1.3 mil will cover the costs of police services, permits, Sanitation Department and Transportation Department expenses incurred for the memorial.

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/18/michael-j ... -memorial/<!-- m -->

Comments

• SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    So, all costs are covered so people can't whine about that anymore when he comes back. The actors can be paid their fees with the rest of the $ 300,000. Interesting they agreed on this now...

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• 1VLOVE1VLOVE Posts: 91
    He's on his way back. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • suspicious mindsuspicious mind Posts: 5,984
    any one sense an urgency , or is it just time for me to buckle up?
  • Yep - they are tying up loose ends. Good. This will shut up the complainers.
  • Doctor DeathDoctor Death Posts: 484
    Hmmm.....

Paying all the costs after THIS long?

Looks like the time is ripe.....eh Souza? <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Its like they're gearing up for BAM, because its not that this couldnt have been done last year....I mean c'mon, AEG did a lotta good money with TII and ticket sales to the funeral.... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

Loos like the time is indeed R.I.P.e
  • cin_pytcin_pyt Posts: 632
    TIME TO PAY $$$$ AND IT'S APPROPRIATE THAT WAY NO TAXPAYERS CAN SAY OOH WE PAID FOR A DUDE THAT WASN'T DEAD. SO, GEE HRE WE HAVE IT RESIDENTS OF L.A. THE MEMORIAL WILL NOT COST US CUS MJ GOT IT COVERED CUS HE'S THAT GOOD. NOW TIME TO PREPARE FOR BAM! WHOOHOO MIKE!! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    any one sense an urgency , or is it just time for me to buckle up?

I would if I were you, because the BAM is only the beginning of the battle.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• Michael Jackson Estate, AEG Pays Memorial
    Originally posted 14 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Michael Jackson's estate and AEG have agreed to pay the City of Los Angeles $1 million to cover the cost of the MJ memorial last year.

0618-michael-bn.jpg

In addition the estate and AEG will pay $300,00 for crime fighting equipment, as a make-good for the memorial expenses.

City officials determined $1.3 mil will cover the costs of police services, permits, Sanitation Department and Transportation Department expenses incurred for the memorial.

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/18/michael-j ... -memorial/<!-- m -->

Maybe I'm reaching but found this interesting...

<!-- m -->http://www.unicef.org/statistics/index_24302.html<!-- m -->
    From the "Unite fore Children" website...

Multiple Indicator Cluster Survey (MICS)
    UNICEF assists countries in collecting and analyzing data in order to fill data gaps for monitoring the situation of children and women through its international household survey initiative the Multiple Indicator Cluster Surveys (MICS).

Since the mid-1990s, the MICS has enabled many countries to produce statistically sound and internationally comparable estimates of a range of indicators in the areas of health, education, child protection and HIV/AIDS. MICS findings have been used extensively as a basis for policy decisions and programme interventions, and for the purpose of influencing public opinion on the situation of children and women around the world. To learn more about MICS, watch our videos.

Results from MICS4 surveys, carried out in 2009-2011, will become available from 2010 onwards. MICS4 data will allow countries to better monitor progress toward national goals and global commitments, including twenty of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) as the target year 2015 approaches.

Background

MICS1 - The MICS was originally developed in response to the World Summit for Children to measure progress towards an internationally agreed set of mid-decade goals. The first round of MICS was conducted around 1995 in more than 60 countries.

MICS2 - A second round of surveys was conducted in 2000 (around 65 surveys), and resulted in an increasing wealth of data to monitor the situation of children and women. For the first time it was possible to monitor trends in many indicators and set baselines for other indicators.

MICS3 - The third round of MICS, which was carried out in over 50 countries in 2005-06, has been an important data source for monitoring the Millennium Development Goals with 21 MDG indicators collected through MICS3 (particularly indicators related to health, education and mortality). MICS3 was also a monitoring tool for other international goals including the World Fit for Children, the UNGASS targets on HIV/AIDS and the Abuja targets for malaria.

Survey tools

The MICS survey tools are developed by UNICEF after consultations with relevant experts from various UN organizations as well as with interagency monitoring groups. UNICEF works closely with other household survey programmes, in particular the Demographic and Health Surveys (DHS) programme, to harmonize survey questions and modules and to ensure a coordinated approach to survey implementation, with the objective to provide comparability across surveys and to avoid duplication of efforts. The survey questionnaires are modular tools that can be adapted to the needs of the country.

Implementation and capacity building

MICS surveys are typically carried out by government organizations, with the support and assistance of UNICEF and other partners. Technical assistance and training for the surveys is provided through a series of regional workshops where experts from developing countries are trained on various aspects of MICS (questionnaire content, sampling and survey implementation, data processing, data quality and data analysis, and report writing and dissemination).

Survey results

Results from MICS, including national reports and micro level datasets, are widely disseminated after completion of the surveys and can be downloaded from the MICS pages on childinfo.org.

Increasing periodicity in MICS4

Starting with MICS4, UNICEF now provides assistance to countries at more frequent intervals - every three years instead of every five years. This provides the opportunity for countries to capture rapid changes in key indicators, particularly the MDGs.
    sorry bad thought crept in <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> what if aeg just trying to divert attention from them as being a possible bad guy?
    sorry bad thought crept in <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> what if aeg just trying to divert attention from them as being a possible bad guy?

Randy Philips was at the funeral, the green screened one, remember? <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Randy Philips was at the funeral, the green screened one, remember? <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

i know it"s just that the what if's kind of creep in there and scare me occasionally <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • heisinme09heisinme09 Posts: 494
    Hope this isn't a stupid question....but why would AEG be on the hook for any of these expenses anyway? I can see the Estate doing this as a measure of goodwill, but for all intents and purposes, as far as the general public is concerned, and as of the date of the Memorial, AEG was simply the backer of the This Is It Concert Series and the owner of the Staples Center, am I right? Why would they be liable or responsible in any way for expenses incurred by the city from Michael Jackson's Memorial?

Please forgive me in advance if I'm overlooking the obvious answer here!
  • Hope this isn't a stupid question....but why would AEG be on the hook for any of these expenses anyway? I can see the Estate doing this as a measure of goodwill, but for all intents and purposes, as far as the general public is concerned, and as of the date of the Memorial, AEG was simply the backer of the This Is It Concert Series and the owner of the Staples Center, am I right? Why would they be liable or responsible in any way for expenses incurred by the city from Michael Jackson's Memorial?

Well.. AEG provided MJ's doctor, right?
    Hope this isn't a stupid question....but why would AEG be on the hook for any of these expenses anyway? I can see the Estate doing this as a measure of goodwill, but for all intents and purposes, as far as the general public is concerned, and as of the date of the Memorial, AEG was simply the backer of the This Is It Concert Series and the owner of the Staples Center, am I right? Why would they be liable or responsible in any way for expenses incurred by the city from Michael Jackson's Memorial?

wasn't there this thing about the memorial and a cast of charachters. remember evryone playing themselves.that is with the exception of curtis smith or whatever his name. who played the so called part of the minister and micheal who was identified as archives not the the deceased.
  • alivealive Posts: 369
    Wow! It's on! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • heisinme09heisinme09 Posts: 494

******************************************************************************************************
    Well, that's still up for speculation as I've read in more than one place that Murray never signed a contract with AEG or was paid a dime for his services....but that being said, let's just say AEG did provide his doctor and of course, they were the backers of the concert run...remember at that point, July 7, 2009, there wasn't even talk of a movie called This Is It yet....but this is my whole point! AEG should ostensibly have had no other connection to the Memorial and its expenses....so for them to come out now and pony up the dough along side the Estate shows me that the two entities have been tied at the hip for some time now....simply because AEG was behind the show that ultimately "killed" MJ, as that would be a matter of conjecture, it would not, in my opinion, make them liable for these Memorial expenses....I don't know....that's just what jumps out at me...but on the other hand, I do believe in The Hoax....all of these thoughts I've written would only really be relevant if MJ was indeed murdered...if so, it makes AEG and the Estate Executors look like they are culpable somehow....but since I believe in The Hoax, this must all be part of The Plan somehow....right? I do think that having these expenses paid by anyone other that the city of L.A. will go far with goodwill once the BAM occurs...once it comes out that MJ is alive, if L.A. had had to eat those expenses, MJ would have been raked over the coals for it!
  • mjfansince4mjfansince4 Posts: 1,030
    doesn't it seem like loose ends are being tied up? when he comes back people are going to complain and attack him for stupid things they don't see are already taken care of. that's when it's our turn to stand up.

i'm ready for the BAM and for the ride after. i'll be here michael.
  • Hope this isn't a stupid question....but why would AEG be on the hook for any of these expenses anyway? I can see the Estate doing this as a measure of goodwill, but for all intents and purposes, as far as the general public is concerned, and as of the date of the Memorial, AEG was simply the backer of the This Is It Concert Series and the owner of the Staples Center, am I right? Why would they be liable or responsible in any way for expenses incurred by the city from Michael Jackson's Memorial?

******************************************************************************************************
    Well, that's still up for speculation as I've read in more than one place that Murray never signed a contract with AEG or was paid a dime for his services....but that being said, let's just say AEG did provide his doctor and of course, they were the backers of the concert run...remember at that point, July 7, 2009, there wasn't even talk of a movie called This Is It yet....but this is my whole point! AEG should ostensibly have had no other connection to the Memorial and its expenses....so for them to come out now and pony up the dough along side the Estate shows me that the two entities have been tied at the hip for some time now....simply because AEG was behind the show that ultimately "killed" MJ, as that would be a matter of conjecture, it would not, in my opinion, make them liable for these Memorial expenses....I don't know....that's just what jumps out at me...but on the other hand, I do believe in The Hoax....all of these thoughts I've written would only really be relevant if MJ was indeed murdered...if so, it makes AEG and the Estate Executors look like they are culpable somehow....but since I believe in The Hoax, this must all be part of The Plan somehow....right? I do think that having these expenses paid by anyone other that the city of L.A. will go far with goodwill once the BAM occurs...once it comes out that MJ is alive, if L.A. had had to eat those expenses, MJ would have been raked over the coals for it!

Yeah you make some good points. It's hard to know fact from fiction at this point...for all we know things like this could be completely made up. I can't wait until the truth is out... no matter what it is...
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    Yes seems that the end of the ARG part is near but the real fight has not begun. Be prepared Army of Love to be part of History.
  • DatrootDatroot Posts: 1,314
    I saw a video where Randy Phillips categorically denied having anything to do with hiring Murray. He said MJ insisted on him being hired. AEG wanted to hire an English doctor.
    What makes me smile is the title because in french AEG Pays Mémorial means something <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • pepperpepper Posts: 558
    wasn't there this thing about the memorial and a cast of charachters. remember evryone playing themselves.that is with the exception of curtis smith or whatever his name. who played the so called part of the minister and micheal who was identified as archives not the the deceased.

Yep. Here it is. From the IMDb - The Internet Movie Database

<!-- m -->http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1471193/<!-- m -->
    Michael Jackson Memorial (2009) (TV)

Directors:
    Gregg Gelfand
    Kenny Ortega

Release Date:
    7 July 2009 (USA)

Genre:
    Music | Reality-TV

Plot:
    A live telecast of the public memorial service for the king of pop, Michael Jackson.

Cast
    (Credited cast)

Michael Jackson ... Himself (archive footage)

rest of cast listed alphabetically:

Elizabeth Berkley ... Herself
    Kobe Bryant ... Himself
    Mariah Carey ... Herself
    Berry Gordy ... Himself
    Judith Hill ... Herself
    Jennifer Hudson ... Herself
    Jackie Jackson ... Himself
    Janet Jackson ... Herself
    Jermaine Jackson ... Himself
    Jesse Jackson ... Himself
    Joe Jackson ... Himself
    Katherine Jackson ... Herself
    La Toya Jackson ... Herself
    Sheila Jackson Lee ... Herself
    Marlon Jackson ... Himself
    Paris Jackson ... Herself
    Randy Jackson ... Himself
    Rebbie Jackson ... Herself
    Tito Jackson ... Himself
    Shaheen Jafargholi ... Himself
    Magic Johnson ... Himself
    Bernice King ... Herself
    Martin Luther King III ... Himself
    Charles Klapow ... Himself
    Queen Latifah ... Herself
    Caroline Ledgin ... Herself
    Trey Lorenz ... Himself
    John Mayer ... Himself
    Prince Michael II ... Himself
    Prince Michael ... Himself
    Orianthi ... Herself
    Kenny Ortega ... Himself
    Usher Raymond ... Himself (as Usher)
    Lionel Richie ... Himself
    Smokey Robinson ... Himself
    Al Sharpton ... Himself
    Brooke Shields ... Herself
    Lucius Smith ... Himself (as Rev. Lucius Smith)
    Tyne Stecklein ... Herself
    Stevie Wonder ... Himself
    Arthur Andelson ... Himself - VIP audience (uncredited)
    Corey Feldman ... Himself - VIP audience (uncredited)
    Gladys Knight ... Herself - VIP audience (uncredited)
    Vicki Roberts ... Herself - VIP audience (uncredited)
    Dionne Warwick ... Herself - VIP audience (uncredited)

Produced by
    Renato Basile .... producer
    Ken Ehrlich .... executive producer
    Ken Ehrlich .... producer
    Michael Levitt .... producer

Makeup Department
    Lawrence Davis .... hair stylist: Jennifer Hudson

Production Management
    Phillip Sino-Cruz .... production manager

Second Unit Director or Assistant Director
    Lori Margules .... associate director

Sound Department
    Andrew Fletcher .... sound mixer

Camera and Electrical Department
    Darin Haggard .... camera operator

Other crew
    Xaque Gruber .... executive assistant
    James Phares .... assistant: Kenny Ortega
    Chantel Sausedo .... talent executive
    Augie Vargas .... script coordinator

<!-- m -->http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1471193/fullcredits#cast<!-- m -->
  • pepperpepper Posts: 558
    What makes me smile is the title because in french AEG Pays Mémorial means something <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

French to English translation

AEG Country Memorial

<!-- m -->http://translate.google.com/#auto|en|AE ... 3%A9morial<!-- m -->

French to English translation

AEG Country Memorial

<!-- m -->http://translate.google.com/#auto|en|AE ... 3%A9morial<!-- m -->

AEG Pays Mémorial means that AEG is a country with great history. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • CCCC Posts: 2,136
    the pictures that are used lately are funny... <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    that MJ smiling picture like... "come on!"