The U.S. military - MUST SEE!

truthprevailstruthprevails Posts: 878
edited January 1970 in News
I think more people, especially Americans, should see this:

[youtube:1jc4p6cf]

[youtube:1jc4p6cf]

The whole notion that the U.S. stands for democracy and human rights is BS. The American media keep people in the dark by never showing the atrocities of the war in Iraq or Afghanistan (or of war in general!), and never telling the story of the other side... They go on and on about how 9/11 was a great tragedy. Approx. 3,000 people died on 9/11. To put things in perspective, over 100,000 civilians have died in the Iraq war. It's worth checking the body count (which the American media don't talk much about):
<!-- m -->http://www.iraqbodycount.org/<!-- m -->
<!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Iraq_War<!-- m -->

Comments

• 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    Truthprevails, thanks for posting this. I couldn't watch all of it though as I got too upset and too emotional. Its a discrace. They have absolutely no respect for anything living........from the age of 5, I have always hated war. I remember writing on my text books at school, "Make love, not War". And to this day, I still feel the same way. How can we stop this???? Who can stop this??? It absolutley sickens me to death. I have banned the use of toy weapons in my house, and confiscate weapons any child playing with . My 7yo is so afraid of dying already. He has a fear of blood and weapons, and I will continue to educate the children around me, and warn them of the dangers in front of them......
    Make L.O.V.E, not war xoxoxo
  • SangreSangre Posts: 648
    There will always be groups who refuse to play by the rules. It's tragic what one man can do to another human being. <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Sorry if the following images are very strong, but this is reality of the Iraq war. Not only the people of the United States must look at what really happens, the whole world must watch what the media refuse to show.

39024.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

39034.jpg

39043.jpg

39062.jpg

39072.jpg

39122.jpg

4006.jpg

• KirscheKirsche Posts: 2,082
    OMG <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
  • LoudLoud Posts: 303
    I think that some TV stations do show how cruel war is. It just depends on which channel you watch, but that they do not show how cruel war is is not true from what I have observed on TV so far.

What sucks me is how America is presented sometimes in the media and how some of them like to see themselves... that they want to rescue people from their political presure. This is crazy!!! <!-- s:twisted: -->:twisted:<!-- s:twisted: -->

thruthprevails thank you for this videos they are so sad and I really hate to see it!! <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x -->
  • Can I ask an honest question? If people think the USA is so bad why do they have so many illegal immigrants from all over the world? Why do people from other countries, when asked, usually say they want to go to America? Maybe they should move to China or Korea or somewhere. Just a thought. I am not bashing your thoughts - don't bash mine. I do agree - war is cruel. Thanks.
    What I'm most sick of all this, is that they, the United States they spend making lists of terrorist countries or countries that "belong to the axis of evil", or countries that do not respect human rights " <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: -->
    voiceforthesilent, that is the American government's foreign policy <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • voiceforthesilent, that is the American government's foreign policy <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

No, Americas foreign policy is that America welcomes all nations, all religions, all people. Do all other countries? It's never stated that people are welcome by coming in illegally yet they risk life and limb every day to do just that. Why - if it's such a bad place?

I'm a little confused because none of this is promoting L.O.V.E. It seems to me that this forum is only fueling a hatred for America and it's people. I, for one, think that this is totally wrong and not what Michael is promoting at all. We are all in this together for better or for worse. Try a little compassion and kindness. Thanks.
    Do Not Think That voiceforthesilent Promoting hatred so the American people, That wars are a reality and in Iraq There Are Also Other countries like England. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    Can I ask an honest question? If people think the USA is so bad why do they have so many illegal immigrants from all over the world? Why do people from other countries, when asked, usually say they want to go to America? Maybe they should move to China or Korea or somewhere. Just a thought. I am not bashing your thoughts - don't bash mine. I do agree - war is cruel. Thanks.

Simple answer! It happens that I work with people who came from another country to live somewhere else...why illegal, well because obviously it is difficult to go to another country and just live there. People from different countries have in America or Germany a much better life than in their country this is the only reason why they are leaving their homes not because they really love Germany or USA.

This topic is MUCH more complex than what you has mentioned in your comment.
    voiceforthesilent, that is the American government's foreign policy <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Exactly!! <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x -->
    Can I ask an honest question? If people think the USA is so bad why do they have so many illegal immigrants from all over the world? Why do people from other countries, when asked, usually say they want to go to America? Maybe they should move to China or Korea or somewhere. Just a thought. I am not bashing your thoughts - don't bash mine. I do agree - war is cruel. Thanks.

Maybe you misunderstood me or I made myself not clear enough. I pointed out that the media SOMETIMES shows how good America (ideology, laws,democracy and so on) is for other people (that is why they fight against other systems to instal their ideology (key word propaganda)). In this comment I am just talking about POLITICS and not how people really feel in America or about the wars which are started by the government (I can differentiate). It wasn´t hatered against american people who do not want those cruel things ( I am sure that most of the people did not support Bush and his crazy ideas).

I think I didn´t make myself clear. If you have any questions please ask me I am glad when I can explain what my intention was when I wrirte something (I just do not piont every thought out which I have in mymind and this leads to a misunderstanding) . It is hard for me to write in english (I am ill a little bit right now). I think we are not far apart with our thoughts... just misunderstanding. I do NOT hate America!!! I just hate how Bush behaved but this is a total different point and that is why I sounded like I would generalize what I really hate to do!
    The problem of immigration is another, most people who migrate do so risk has by necessity. <!-- s:geek: -->:geek:<!-- s:geek: -->
  • @ voiceforthesilent:

I am not trying, by any means, to promote hatred of the U.S. I am trying to promote understanding... I'm a realist and don't think that ignorance accomplishes anything of value, particularly in this amazingly inter-connected world. And it doesn't help Americans themselves! Check out how much of the U.S. taxpayer money is spent on WAR and you'll realize that American foreign policy is NOT benefiting U.S. citizens! All this war-mongering and terrible allocation of resources is doing American citizens a huge disfavour! Not to mention the creation of ill will, as opposed to good will, in the world vis-a-vis the U.S.... How do you expect an Iraqi child whose entire family has been killed by U.S. troops to feel about the U.S.?! How do you expect people raped or tortured by U.S. troops to feel?! Do you think they'll regard Americans as "liberators" who did a great thing? I'm not saying those people would be justified in retaliating through terrorism, but isn't this precisely what the U.S. is doing in countries like Iraq and Afghanistan? How did the U.S. respond to 9/11? With understanding and compassion and LOVE? It doesn't look that way...

Another thing: Don't conflate the issue of America's highly problematic foreign policy with a sweeping "the U.S. is bad" argument. I didn't say that. Some people can live just fine in the U.S., particularly if they're OK living in a bubble and not giving a damn about the world at large.
    All countries have their issues, and many people (like me) don't want to live in their native countries b/c of political corruption and/or insufficient opportunities and/or messed-up distribution of income and/or other factors, but the difference between the U.S. and most other countries in the world is this:
    (1) The U.S. has more power, and thus greater capacity to influence events in the entire world. (Check out where most multinationals originated, for example. Or supranational institutions like the UN, WTO, IMF. Countries such as, say, Slovenia, don't have much say in global matters!)
    (2) Few countries equate the U.S. in its arrogance and claims of being no. 1, standing for democracy, bla bla bla. There's a lot of fake patriotism going on, with huge numbers of flags everywhere (do you see the French flag everywhere in France?), "God bless America" mentioned in a lot of political speeches etc. As a foreigner living in the U.S. for 8 years, I often felt uncomfortable...

In any case, I think a lot of things going on in the U.S. are shady (9/11, the H1N1 paranoia and the mass propaganda about vaccinations, the general paranoia about all the "enemies' out there) and it's much better for people to be informed - about their own country AND about the world at large - than to be uninformed. I personally believe we have to question everything, and do a lot of reading!!
  • Truthprevails, thanks for posting this. I couldn't watch all of it though as I got too upset and too emotional. Its a discrace. They have absolutely no respect for anything living........from the age of 5, I have always hated war. I remember writing on my text books at school, "Make love, not War". And to this day, I still feel the same way. How can we stop this???? Who can stop this??? It absolutley sickens me to death. I have banned the use of toy weapons in my house, and confiscate weapons any child playing with . My 7yo is so afraid of dying already. He has a fear of blood and weapons, and I will continue to educate the children around me, and warn them of the dangers in front of them......
    Make L.O.V.E, not war xoxoxo

Hi, 2good2btrue:
    War is always a highly disturbing reality, and no one ever wins. (There's no such thing as a winning side, in my view!) It's great that you are trying to educate people around you, and I hope that your 7-year old grows up into an MJ-type of person who believes in love and hope and music as opposed to violence, hatred and wars. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> Sometimes I wonder what would happen if instead of bombs and missiles and tanks the U.S. (or whichever country wages war) sent boom boxes blasting out John Lennon's "Imagine" or MJ's "You Are Not Alone..." <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> It's a dream, but maybe that's the point: More people have to believe in dreams and implement them!
  • There will always be groups who refuse to play by the rules. It's tragic what one man can do to another human being. <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

I agree, but we shouldn't assume that we know who the "enemy" is. It can be very hard to tell, because of all the propaganda around us. The U.S. media always talk about the nuclear facilities of other countries (such as Iran), but don't often talk about the nuclear facilities on U.S. soil. BTW, the U.S. is the first country to develop nuclear weapons, and the ONLY country to have used them in warfare (against Japan).
    <!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_we ... ted_States<!-- m -->
    After WWII the U.S. forced Japan to demilitarize (the Japanese constitution was written by the U.S. occupation), but the U.S. itself didn't demilitarize... If one isn't willing to lead by example, isn't it hypocritical to blame other parties for failure to act unilaterally? It's like a bully wondering why people don't just meekly submit to their requests or why people complain...
    truthprevails, well said. In war no one wins , the next link shows the other side of the coin , American soldiers returning to their country crippled , if not come back dead. The images are also very strong , each decides whether to watch them.

<!-- m -->http://www.aporrea.org/internacionales/n93695.html<!-- m -->
  • goodgirlgoodgirl Posts: 118
    I think this hoax is not about to keep our eyes close to the painful reality and give LOVE speeches over dead bodies, remember all the redirects from TIAI at the beginning ? this hoax is to open our eyes to see the truth, and the truth is U.S govt is responsible for most of the evil things happening right now......

Don't worry nobody's saying America is bad, it's like after 9/11 everyone was saying all the Muslims are bad......

People want to come here for better life and for safety when they don't feel safe enough their back homes, bombs and wars.........

This i found today, God bless Iran.......

[youtube:2lb9wfzy]
  • SangreSangre Posts: 648
    The worst part is that even if I'm a good person and even if I don't hurt anyone then nothing guarantees that no one else will hurt ME. Generally speaking.
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    @ voiceforthesilent:

I am not trying, by any means, to promote hatred of the U.S. I am trying to promote understanding... I'm a realist and don't think that ignorance accomplishes anything of value, particularly in this amazingly inter-connected world. And it doesn't help Americans themselves! Check out how much of the U.S. taxpayer money is spent on WAR and you'll realize that American foreign policy is NOT benefiting U.S. citizens! All this war-mongering and terrible allocation of resources is doing American citizens a huge disfavour! Not to mention the creation of ill will, as opposed to good will, in the world vis-a-vis the U.S.... How do you expect an Iraqi child whose entire family has been killed by U.S. troops to feel about the U.S.?! How do you expect people raped or tortured by U.S. troops to feel?! Do you think they'll regard Americans as "liberators" who did a great thing? I'm not saying those people would be justified in retaliating through terrorism, but isn't this precisely what the U.S. is doing in countries like Iraq and Afghanistan? How did the U.S. respond to 9/11? With understanding and compassion and LOVE? It doesn't look that way...

Another thing: Don't conflate the issue of America's highly problematic foreign policy with a sweeping "the U.S. is bad" argument. I didn't say that. Some people can live just fine in the U.S., particularly if they're OK living in a bubble and not giving a damn about the world at large.
    All countries have their issues, and many people (like me) don't want to live in their native countries b/c of political corruption and/or insufficient opportunities and/or messed-up distribution of income and/or other factors, but the difference between the U.S. and most other countries in the world is this:
    (1) The U.S. has more power, and thus greater capacity to influence events in the entire world. (Check out where most multinationals originated, for example. Or supranational institutions like the UN, WTO, IMF. Countries such as, say, Slovenia, don't have much say in global matters!)
    (2) Few countries equate the U.S. in its arrogance and claims of being no. 1, standing for democracy, bla bla bla. There's a lot of fake patriotism going on, with huge numbers of flags everywhere (do you see the French flag everywhere in France?), "God bless America" mentioned in a lot of political speeches etc. As a foreigner living in the U.S. for 8 years, I often felt uncomfortable...

In any case, I think a lot of things going on in the U.S. are shady (9/11, the H1N1 paranoia and the mass propaganda about vaccinations, the general paranoia about all the "enemies' out there) and it's much better for people to be informed - about their own country AND about the world at large - than to be uninformed. I personally believe we have to question everything, and do a lot of reading!!

Very powerful post. I really appreciated reading it.
    The thing is that on the quest of the Truth we may find some truths we didn't expect and a lot of people react with rebuttal. They prefer to stay "safe" in their original beliefs because facing the truth is sometimes not as joyful as it seems and may be very surprising, moving, unexpected, shocking and demanding. But I myself put the truth above my personal (pre-conceived?) beliefs and even if it doesn't fit these beliefs, has a dig at my proud or whatever, it is highly necessary to overcome these feelings, to question, to investigate onself in order to understand what the world really is and maybe find the truth.
    I second what you said it is always about governments, about systems and organizations who mislead people. In this world built upon lies the truth is rarely blatant, it's hidden and we have to make the job and dig deeper to see it. What's happening in Irak and Afghanistan can't be denied or put aside because it implies that we're critizing the U.S. policy. This is also part of it. Proud has to be put aside and US citizens should be the first to be against these atrocities committed with on their backs and in the name of their country and hopefully some citizens already shown their outrage.
  • i hate wars. but i don't hate u.s. u.s is a country full of opportunities. in their native countries they can't find a job,give a good education to their kids or shelter, that's why many people come. they only see the good of u.s. but in the other hand the military system in u.s is corrupt and only want wars. but not the American civilians, the americans civilians are different. they are the same as any ohter country. there's good and bad. some americans go to the navy thinking they are fighting for a good cause. later on they find out how cruel the war really is. that's why many soldiers comeback and never want to go to Iraq ever again. so not all the soldiers are cruel.
    please don't see u.s as a whole.
    God I Do Not Hate America, I'm on this forum because I love an American, Michael Jackson. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • Mj5StarChickMj5StarChick Posts: 939
    Woah those pics really opened my eyes at what is going on in this horrible tasteless war <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> My sister has plans to join the Army and my cousin just left for the Navy on Memorial Day <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> My brother was also in the Navy when he was 17 until he was 24 <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> When my brother was in the Navy they were going to have his ship head to the war and he just had a nonchalant attitude and said he was gonna fight for the country he represents but my mom was very scared <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> My aunts husband was in the Airforce and he has been in Iraq and my aunt was scared for him and her and her boys had to travel so much she just wanted him to stop but he refused. I have known military for idk how long with soo many people being in the service around me i just don't want to have any part of it because i feel it would be me doing something that i know i am to afraid to do <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> My dreams are focused on entertainment and show business not a war that hurts me so deeply <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x --> I HATE war why does it have to be one? It is just senseless soo many lives being claimed everyday and hour sooo many families suffering the loss of Children,Grandchildren,Grandparents,Mothers,Fathers <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x --> <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> !!!! I cry for them because some people lose their only child and it hurts the most when a child dies <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> My greatest wish even if I'm not here to see it is for their to be world peace. That's my greatest wish for everyone to finally be happy.
    Mj5StarChick, that was my intention to publish those terrible photos, raise awareness, in war there are no winners