I Found an INTERESTING Picture

2»

Comments

• MJ would not spell authorized wrong

This is the way "authorised" is spelt. x
  • AnaMarciaAnaMarcia Posts: 860
    They are beautiful pictures of Michael in 2007 for the Ebony Magazine. He must have authorized the publication of the photos when they were taken.
    Unfortunately I do not see any clues here. <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->
  • 2MuchMJLuv2MuchMJLuv Posts: 332
    Makes complete sense to me, but quite misleading from a legal perspective......especially if there is something potentially defaming included. Michael wasn't "here" to "authorize" the compilation (in it's pre-press completed form), or was he???

Don't mind me. Random thoughts here.......<!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

Please tell me I am not the only one to notice something different about this hehehe.

Gotta love Michael <3

I don't know how to upload pictures onto this forum so here is the website address. If someone knows how to upload pictures on here feel free to do so:

<!-- m -->http://i1036.photobucket.com/albums/a45 ... 124_n1.jpg<!-- m -->

Rachel
    18157_342439081176_307516706176_4826504_8269124_n1.jpg

Greetings everyone,

There is something I would like to clarify in regards to this issue.
    This book actually consists of 2 different compilations in 1, namely "A VISUAL DOCUMENTARY" and "THE OFFICIAL TRIBUTE EDITION". (The two titles are highlighted in red on the book cover.)
    "THE OFFICIAL TRIBUTE EDITION" was only added and re-published after his death. Mr.Jackson only approved "A VISUAL DOCUMENTARY", but NOT "THE OFFICIAL TRIBUTE EDITION".

This explains the reason of why the stamp of "Authorised by Michael Jackson" is positioned under the title of "A VISUAL DOCUMENTARY". (If you did notice.)

To cut the long story short, "A VISUAL DOCUMENTARY" was an earlier version published after Mr.Jackson's authorization, whilst "THE OFFICIAL TRIBUTE EDITION" is just an addition after his unfortunate passing, which has not been authorized.

I hope this clears your doubts! <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->
  • Hi VeryLittleSusie, thank you for your warm welcome. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

@2MuchMJLuv, yes, I do understand what you meant. However, I guess the book was published in the negligence that it may mislead and cause confusion to the readers.
    The author (Adrian Grant) had wanted to let the readers know that "THE VISUAL DOCUMENTARY" had been officially authorized by the man himself, and not "THE OFFICIAL TRIBUTE EDITION". Unfortunately, it is actually quite difficult to have the words "Authorized by Michael Jackson" positioned on the page, without causing any confusion that it may have. (If it were to be placed right in the center, it wouldn't be right either because this will mean that the book is being authorized on the whole.)
    Hence, the wisest move would be to have it positioned right under the title of "THE VISUAL DOCUMENTARY".

Just for your reference, here is a picture of the cover of one of the editions published (Picture courtesy of Amazon)
    51NBXCPC00L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This is the fully authorized audition and is solely "THE VISUAL DOCUMENTARY". All of the earlier editions published contain the words "Officially Approved by The King Of Pop" in the top center. However, it cannot be done in the compilation edition anymore, as it wouldn't be right since "The OFFICIAL TRIBUTE EDITION" isn't authorized. <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| -->