New behind the scenes on Bashir interview!

2»

Comments

• SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Souza....thank you for that background about the BeeGee's and the song, "Why"...I didn't realize there was a connection....and yes, TOTALLY agree with you about Michael being perfectly suited to their music....I believe I saw or read an interview where they were listed as a favorite of his...to me, they personify harmony....literally, wrote the book....and Michael was as gifted, if not more, than they at this amazing skill....it is their signature sound and it is his, as well....I have loved The BeeGee's since I was a teenager, many moons ago...one of my all time faves is "Lonely Days"....LOVE IT!...and the resurgence of their career during the Saturday Fever Era, which was basically the Off The Wall Era too, was a HEYDAY of AWESOME MUSIC!....a great time to be young and loving to dance!

I was both thrilled and saddened to hear of Michael's collaboration with them before Maurice's death....oh, how great that would have been!....just like Mike making music with Stevie, Paul, Freddie and other music legends....they all saw what we saw...they were fans of Michael too....Michael was simply the greatest of them all and everybody wanted to work with him!

Oh I could go on and on about the BeeGees... Actually I love most of their music. But let me stop here before I go way off topic <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• liegiliegi Posts: 640
    I heard the BeeGees live BEFORE the disco craze. They were fantastic!!! Was Why an old song (cover) or a new composition? I loved that.
  • Love this video.........it seems to show Michael relaxed, love that. However, it was the last two words Michael said that really brought everything into perspective for me.....they were talking about the extra guy that was taking pictures or something. I didn't catch his name too well. At the end, Michael turned and said, "......he's loyal.".

These last two words caught my attention too. i felt like MJ really meant this "He's loyal" part , like someone who was suffering from the lack of the loyalty from his circle himself. Too relevant ! ...too sad.
  • DancerDancer Posts: 1,225
    Did you know this one?
    I just LOVE it when Michael speaks about plants and that they have emotions...
    [youtube:364ei0pj]
  • THIS MADE ME LAUGH SO FREAKIN HARD!! I HAD TO REWIND TO SEE IF HE WAS DRINKING WINE!!! LMAO !!!

:

I wondering what the hell is that big ass bottle in his hands, damn i didnt know michael rolls like that <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • ba ha ha.... "it's like Tatum O'neal in two years" OH NO MIKE, He didn't just say that! <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • around 4:43 (maybe a little before that) you can hear Hamid say "Salaam alikume sister" This is a greeting in Islam. It means Peace be upon you...he added sister because it was a female Muslim he was directing his salaam to, who was it in the room who was the female Muslim? Was it Grace? Hmmm.
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    I could watch MJ all day long. Be nice if there was a transcript of that video, since some words of Michael are hard to hear. Bashir's volume should be turned way down (if not off). Michael just exudes love. It's funny about the women throwing pants, and MJ covers his mouth laughing. It reminds me of when he is sitting in front when Diana Ross is performing and she comes and sits right down on his lap. He covers his mouth exactly the same, so shy and embarrassed. Love it! <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->
  • yes, transcripts would be better
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    I could watch MJ all day long. Be nice if there was a transcript of that video, since some words of Michael are hard to hear. Bashir's volume should be turned way down (if not off). Michael just exudes love. It's funny about the women throwing pants, and MJ covers his mouth laughing. It reminds me of when he is sitting in front when Diana Ross is performing and she comes and sits right down on his lap. He covers his mouth exactly the same, so shy and embarrassed. Love it! <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->

For the parts that I couldn't hear, I just used the French subtitles and translated them to English. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • OMG I'm definitely a huge Bee-Gees fan. Love that Barry and that whispering voice. S.E.X.Y
    I also love, love, love Hall and Oates. I wanted to marry Darryl Hall for many many years. It was my fantasy. But the Bee-Gees and Michael, I would've just died. That would have been fabulous <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> Heavenly.
  • Did you know this one?
    I just LOVE it when Michael speaks about plants and that they have emotions...
    [youtube:3pss8lah]

OMG!!! I think that too!!! I have 1 plant (I call it Plantee <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> ) and i always ask it to forgive me when I take too long to water it LOL)

***ooh <!-- s:ugeek: -->:ugeek:<!-- s:ugeek: --> bitting 3 nails at same time*** so <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o -->
  • I love the bit where bashir tells him he is looking sexy and women will be taking off their pants and throwing them at the screen.

MJ knew... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

This part was priceless. I loved how he was chugging the bottle of water back too. Too cute for words really. !!!!