YouTube Front Page...

melodymelody Posts: 196
edited January 1970 in General Hoax Investigation
Has anyone checked out the YouTube front page today? It features Criss Angel & some of his favorite videos. The strange thing is not just the inclusion of Thriller (screenshot below).

I was going to chalk it up to coincidence until I checked out the user who uploaded the short film (MichaelJacksonLifes - kind of like MichaelJacksonLives) and after viewing their profile, I just thought it plain odd that in addition to Thriller, the only other video they've uploaded is Liberian Girl. Check out their account for yourself:

<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/user/MichaelJacksonLifes<!-- m -->

Maybe Criss Angel is just messing with us? <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| -->
I think he selected which videos to showcase.

Comments

• mjsgirl89mjsgirl89 Posts: 378
    OMG...I noticed that 2!!!! really weird!!! don't really know what to make of it <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • mumof3mumof3 Posts: 1,973
    chris angel tweeted look out for the front page of google and you tube just a little while ago today he said it was exciting

so what does that mean not quite sure.
  • Thanks for sharing - I'll check this out later. What was his personal message?
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    He did select them, it says
    Whether it's walking on water or getting "hit" by a car, Criss Angel has built a reputation as one of America's top magicians. Here are some of his favorite videos, as well as a personal message made just for you.
    Have you seen the front pages of Google and UTube? Check them out !!! Today is a big day for all of us! Thank you all for your loyal support

this is what he said on twitter
    Have you seen the front pages of Google and UTube? Check them out !!! Today is a big day for all of us! Thank you all for your loyal support

this is what he said on twitter

Nothing's on google? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • ITS BEEN VERY STRANGE, BEEN ON THE HOME PAGE ALL DAY.
    COULD IT BE A MESSAGE OR A CLUE? <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->
  • I saw this too! Made me look twice...<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Also, when I saw it was posted 9 months ago, I was like "Meh. Coincidence." Then I saw "HD" and for some reason "Hoax Death" popped into mind. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • He did select them, it says
    Whether it's walking on water or getting "hit" by a car, Criss Angel has built a reputation as one of America's top magicians. Here are some of his favorite videos, as well as a personal message made just for you.
    <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> aw i love criss! it makes me happy to know that one of his favorite videos is thriller! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    im freakin out over the premiere of mindfreak coming this week!!
  • Does anyone else think that Criss is looking like MJ in his video? His hair and jaw line are eerily similar! <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o -->
    I did think that I turned the picture upside down and he did a bit.
  • I noticed that too <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
    It's AWESOME! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • melodymelody Posts: 196
    Ooooh, I should follow Criss Angel on Twitter then. <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->

Hmmm, all the more suspicious. He could've picked the "Thriller" from the "michaeljackson" official YouTube page which has like 77 million views. The one Criss picked has a duration of 10:51 (perhaps to relate it back to the numerology: 1 + 0 + 5 + 1 = 7). The one on <!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/michaeljackson<!-- m --> is 13:43 long.

This must mean something. <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: -->
  • Ooooh, I should follow Criss Angel on Twitter then. <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->

Hmmm, all the more suspicious. He could've picked the "Thriller" from the "michaeljackson" official YouTube page which has like 77 million views. The one Criss picked has a duration of 10:51 (perhaps to relate it back to the numerology: 1 + 0 + 5 + 1 = 7). The one on <!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/michaeljackson<!-- m --> is 13:43 long.

LOL - I thought you were joking with the 77 million views...but you weren't <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> Our Michael sure is popular! Your observations are very interesting...thank you.
    Ooooh, I should follow Criss Angel on Twitter then. <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->

Also, it was uploaded by MichaelJacksonLifes (MichaelJacksonLives), like you said in the original post <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • something wierd had to happen on my birthday <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • Another thing I noticed was when you search in youtube so i type m and usally miley cyrus is on top but Michael recently went back on top same thing with that bieber thing I think Michael is trying to tell us someone
  • 2MuchMJLuv2MuchMJLuv Posts: 332
    Speechless <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o -->
  • Dreamer? Jermaine is the dreamer <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • melodymelody Posts: 196
    Dreamer? Jermaine is the dreamer <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

lol! I didn't even realize that connection:
    meetjermainejacksonthed.png

Maybe Jermaine had a hand in this.

Aside from that, looking at the actual song itself, the lyrics are very similar to MJ's message in TII and Earth Song:
    Gazing through the window at the world outside
    Wondering will mother earth survive
    Hoping that mankind will stop abusing her sometime

After all there's only just the two of us
    And here we are still fighting for our lives
    Watching all of history repeat itself
    Time after time

I'm just a dreamer
    I dream my life away
    I'm just a dreamer
    Who dreams of better days

I watch the sun go down like everyone of us
    I'm hoping that the dawn will bring a sign
    A better place for those Who will come after us ...
    This time

I'm just a dreamer
    I dream my life away oh yeah
    I'm just a dreamer

Your higher power may be God or Jesus Christ
    It doesn't really matter much to me
    Without each others help there ain't no hope for us
    I'm living in a dream of fantasy
    Oh yeah, yeah, yeah

If only we could all just find serenity
    It would be nice if we could live as one
    When will all this anger, hate and bigotry ...
    Be gone?

I'm just a dreamer
    I dream my life away
    Today
    I'm just a dreamer
    Okay
    I'm just a dreamer
    Who's searching for the way
    Today
    I'm just a dreamer
    Dreaming my life away
    Oh yeah, yeah, yeah

@voiceforthesilent:
    LOL - I thought you were joking with the 77 million views...but you weren't <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> Our Michael sure is popular! [...]

Insanely popular.

I mention the number of views because they indicate which video everyone logically searches for/ends up clicking on. Plus, the number of views (among other things) have a hand in where videos rank in the search results. The full length shortfilm that the official "michaeljackson" youtube page has favorited on their profile ranks #1. Criss went out of his way to find the other video which isn't even the full version.

Maybe the intention here was to get that certain video (and username) on the first page of search results. In all my days of "Michaeling" on youtube (lol), I don't think I ever came across MichaelJacksonLifes before Criss showcased his/her video (and not surprising - with only two videos uploaded on an account with little activity [as evidenced by the last time they logged in: 4 months ago; the last time they commented/friended anyone: 9 months ago] it would be hard to find them).

At the moment, when you type in "Liberian Girl", MichaelJacksonLifes doesn't even show up within the first TEN pages of search results (I didn't bother checking after the 10th page; the common person wouldn't even bother checking past page 1). I wonder where MichaelJacksonLifes' version of "Thriller" ranked before Criss' "promotion"; now it's the sixth video down. Mission accomplished? Perhaps more people will click the username to check out what other videos they have and finally watch "Liberian Girl" <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> Another intended purpose possibly?

At the very least, this is all an amazing coincidence; at the most, it appears to be part of the hoax in some small way (well it seems small to me; maybe it's bigger than I think).
  • I saw this too! Made me look twice...<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Also, when I saw it was posted 9 months ago, I was like "Meh. Coincidence." Then I saw "HD" and for some reason "Hoax Death" popped into mind. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

HD = Hoax Death... wow, never thought of that before! Brilliant.
  • weird that hes the top 7th musician on youtube
  • dose any 1 have a link to wat was on the front page of google.I didn't see it cause i didn't go online tat day.Wish i had. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • m8ightym8ighty Posts: 99
    ....... no disrespect, but lets stop trying relate every little thing to the MJ hoax and focus on hard hitting evidence..... the reason why conspiracy theorist are frowned upon is because they start coming out with such far fetched theory's to the point where its just ridiculous and not taken seriously. If we are to open the eyes of the closed minded we must do it in such away that they cant refute are claims.... with L.O.V.E.
  • ....... no disrespect, but lets stop trying relate every little thing to the MJ hoax and focus on hard hitting evidence..... the reason why conspiracy theorist are frowned upon is because they start coming out with such far fetched theory's to the point where its just ridiculous and not taken seriously. If we are to open the eyes of the closed minded we must do it in such away that they cant refute are claims.... with L.O.V.E.

How many different threads are you going to post the exact same comment in? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    And this is your only contribution? <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->