Conrad Murray Wrongful Death Suit Tossed ... Almost

edited January 1970 in News
Conrad Murray Wrongful Death Suit Tossed ... Almost
20 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Dr. Conrad Murray could be temporarily off the hook in the federal wrongful death lawsuit involving Michael Jackson -- all because Joe Jackson left some key information out of the paperwork.

0806-conrad-murray-joe-jackson-getty-ex-credit.jpg

TMZ has learned a federal judge is taking Jackson and his attorney Brian Oxman to task for failing to specify where two of the defendants -- health clinics where Dr. Murray practiced -- conduct their business. Without that information the judge can't determine if the federal court has jurisdiction over the case.

The judge has given Jackson one week to amend the complaint or have the suit tossed.

Even if this case is dismissed, Dr. Murray might not be fully in the clear. Jackson has a lot of options -- including refiling the federal suit with Murray as the lone defendant.

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/08/06/doctor-co ... h-lawsuit/<!-- m -->

Comments

• Hmmm... its looking good for Dr Murray, isnt it?
  • Everything is going good for Murray <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • ... I hope that's a good thing <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    "all because Joe Jackson left some key information out of the paperwork"..... Joe...Joe,.. Did you forget something? <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • mumof3mumof3 Posts: 1,973
    Its looking very good for the Doc Its all very strange why dont other people see how strange it is meaning the general public they just accept it
  • didn't something similar happen to this supposed suit just a few weeks ago?
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Like Joe would be that stupid... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Joe Jackson Wrongful Death Suit Filed
    6/25/2010 1:58 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

Joe Jackson's wrongful death lawsuit against Dr. Conrad Murray has been filed in federal court.

According to the records department at the federal court in downtown Los Angeles, the lawsuit has officially been filed.

As TMZ first reported, Joe is suing Conrad Murray for unspecified damages in connection with the death of Michael Jackson.

In the complaint, Joe alleges Dr. Murray withheld vital information from the doctors and EMTs who were trying to save Michael's life -- specifically, information that he had administered Propofol.

UPDATE 2:10 PM PT: The federal court clerk says they just kicked the lawsuit back to Joe's attorney Brian Oxman because there's a "mistake" in the paperwork. So it will have to be refiled. Oops.

UPDATE 3:00 PM PT: Everything is in order and the lawsuit has been filed again.

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/25/joe-jacks<!-- m --> ... ad-murray/

<!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • its ALMOST time for the suit to be tossed...it can only be tossed if its revealed that he didnt kill anybody <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • UPDATE 3:00 PM PT: Everything is in order and the lawsuit has been filed again.

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/25/joe-jacks<!-- m --> ... ad-murray/

<!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
    <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • its ALMOST time for the suit to be tossed...it can only be tossed if its revealed that he didnt kill anybody <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

i like it
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    its ALMOST time for the suit to be tossed...it can only be tossed if its revealed that he didnt kill anybody <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Same thing I was thinking <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    "UPDATE 2:10 PM PT: The federal court clerk says they just kicked the lawsuit back to Joe's attorney Brian Oxman because there's a "mistake" in the paperwork. So it will have to be refiled. Oops."

The federal court clerk "kicked the lawsuit back"...just like MJ "kicked the bucket"? Kinda strange wording.

And maybe the "mistake" is there was no wrongful death because Michael is still very much alive! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    didn't something similar happen to this supposed suit just a few weeks ago?

"The judge has given Jackson one week to amend the complaint or have the suit tossed."

TMZ has now kindly linked the story you're talking about to their latest post when you click on "the complaint". <!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/25/joe-jacks ... ad-murray/<!-- m -->

It's the article posted by paula-c above.
  • sk2001sk2001 Posts: 238

Exactly!!
  • Hmm... <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • sweet1sweet1 Posts: 312

Exactly!!

Joe is merely following the script! Keep the Faith!
    <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • This doesn't even make sense. Joe filed a civil suit against Murray. It was wrongful death, but it was a civil suit meaning that it was for money. Civil=money Federal=Jail Time. The federal suit, the one that could land Murray in jail, is filed by the DA's office and reads "The people of California vs. Conrad Murray. So the judge may be throwing out Joe's civil case, but that has no bearing on the involuntary maslaughter case. Maybe this is another test in not believing everything we read in the media.
  • To edit my above post: Civil=money damages Criminal=Jail time; either one can be tried in a federal court. The facts are the same though. Joe's case is a civil one for money. The DA/prosecutors case is the criminal case that would put Murray behind bars if convicted. If Joe's case is thrown out that doesn't mean that Murray won't have a criminal trial.
  • I don't know if it's just wishful thinking, but to me it seems like all the latest articles from TMZ relate to TS and/or the BAM. As I previously said in one of my posts, the disrupted parts in a sentence, separated by the rest with dots or dashes, look like bearing a meaningful message. In this particluar case, the "... Almost" from the title and the phrase "Jackson has a lot of options.." triggered references on the BAM, in my opinion. The BAM is close and there is more than one option to perform it, it all depends on Michael and the most appropriate context and opportunities, as well as the time dots, which we still don't seem to be able to connect.

LOVE,
    Andy
  • GlindaGlinda Posts: 658
    Maybe we hear more about this next monday. I keep my eyes and ears open. <!-- s:geek: -->:geek:<!-- s:geek: -->
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Maybe we hear more about this next monday. I keep my eyes and ears open. <!-- s:geek: -->:geek:<!-- s:geek: -->

Or Friday (The 13th)...

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• Could this be related to the BAM/restoration? Could the words "left some key information out of the paperwork" be related to Michael's trials? He is a genius...all of these stories set up weeks ago and now are starting to give us more and more information as we get closer (I think) to the Bam. Beyond genius. I would not want to oppose Michael in a chess game.
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    Could this be related to the BAM/restoration? Could the words "left some key information out of the paperwork" be related to Michael's trials? He is a genius...all of these stories set up weeks ago and now are starting to give us more and more information as we get closer (I think) to the Bam. Beyond genius. I would not want to oppose Michael in a chess game.

Or maybe quite simply, Key information = MJ's not dead!
  • GlindaGlinda Posts: 658

Or Friday (The 13th)...

Yes that could be possible as well <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
    (gets popcorn)