Michael Jackson: is Lady GaGa planning to release epic....

LoveNeedsExpressionLoveNeedsExpression Posts: 543
edited January 1970 in News
<!-- m -->http://www.examiner.com/x-52612-Jackson ... ing-of-Pop<!-- m -->

Michael Jackson: is Lady GaGa planning to release epic music film as did the King of Pop?

The world was impacted by the sudden death of Michael Jackson in 2009. Fans from all over the world have been devastated by the loss. Jackson was truly the King of Pop, and arguably the king of music. He has inspired countless generations of music fans from various genres, and it is obvious that even despite his passing, the legacy of incredible music that he has left behind will live on forever. According to a new report, one such artist who has been inspired by the legend is Lady GaGa.

As MTV UK reports, Lady GaGa is allegedly planning to create an epic film, as did Michael Jackson with his much loved film, Moonwalker. According to the report, a source told the News of the World: "GaGa is a real creative genius and is thinking about new possibilities all the time. She's very excited about a movie, but she wants to do it right. She wants to work with the best people in the business. GaGa wants to emulate what Michael Jackson did during the eighties. You can already see that with her music videos. Every one of them is a mini event. So it's only logical she moves that on to the big screen.”

Michael Jackson is a legend not only for his incredible talent, but for his reputation of excellence. Of his desire to be a trailblazer, an innovator -- and he truly was. Lady GaGa videos are absolute events. She also creates epics as evidenced by past videos, and it is certain that if the singer does venture to do a film, it will not only be an epic success, but it will be creative, and unlike anything seen before.

Do you still watch Moonwalker? What do you think of the possibility of Lady GaGa making a film?

Comments

• ROFLROFL Posts: 530
    talk about creativity...
  • Do you still watch Moonwalker
    Yes - I've seen Moonwalker.

What do you think of the possibility of Lady GaGa making a film?
    Count me out of the masses who may be excited to see that...I try to be nice so I won't say anything more.
  • mumof3mumof3 Posts: 1,973
    moonwalker was ahead of it's time and excellent I like lady gaga but she is not in the same league as michael
  • mjjglorymjjglory Posts: 58
    I've heard the structure of the fim will be based on her songs like " Telephone " etc.

As for me I can listen to Gaga's songs but I'm not fond of them , besides her Alejandro song even shocked me , no the music and singing is great but the video... I think soon she 'll perform naked to take the attention? She is a talented girl ,I agree but too much extavagant. Just my thought.

She'll never reach Michael's level . Period.
  • liegiliegi Posts: 640
    I agree. She's over the top for me. Overkill.
  • I've heard the structure of the fim will be based on her songs like " Telephone " etc.

As for me I can listen to Gaga's songs but I'm not fond of them , besides her Alejandro song even shocked me , no the music and singing is great but the video... I think soon she 'll perform naked to take the attention? She is a talented girl ,I agree but too much extavagant. Just my thought.

She'll never reach Michael's level . Period.

Well, while she may not top MJ's level, i think it's great that she's being inspired by Michael. x] <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • SangreSangre Posts: 648
    Being inspired does not mean you repeat what Michael Jackson has already done. Lady Gaga is artistic in a lot of ways, she can write catchy pop songs - she shouldn't have to copy the King of Pop, but she does and I don't appreciate it.
  • teine21teine21 Posts: 898
    Being inspired does not mean you repeat what Michael Jackson has already done. Lady Gaga is artistic in a lot of ways, she can write catchy pop songs - she shouldn't have to copy the King of Pop, but she does and I don't appreciate it.

& when she's not copying everything MJ's done, she's doing everything Madonna's done. Very creative person. Let's not forget where she got the "inspiration" for Alejandro listen to Ace of Base "Don't Turn Around" & Madonna "La Isla Bonita". Familiar sound right?
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    Do you still watch Moonwalker

Count me out of the masses who may be excited to see that...I try to be nice so I won't say anything more.

+1
  • Being inspired does not mean you repeat what Michael Jackson has already done. Lady Gaga is artistic in a lot of ways, she can write catchy pop songs - she shouldn't have to copy the King of Pop, but she does and I don't appreciate it.

& when she's not copying everything MJ's done, she's doing everything Madonna's done. Very creative person. Let's not forget where she got the "inspiration" for Alejandro listen to Ace of Base "Don't Turn Around" & Madonna "La Isla Bonita". Familiar sound right?

Actually I noticed the Madonna and Ace of Base influence right off hand when I first listened to "Alejandro". xD
  • liegiliegi Posts: 640
    Yes, she is a post-modern Madonna, not a Michael Jackson. Completely different artists. Michael was a musical prodigy.
  • nick_93nick_93 Posts: 269
    It saddens me to see you guys have such a contrary opinion of Gaga to me. I can't think of any other artist like her in this day and age. Quite frankly, I don't care if she's copying Madonna or MJ, she's found inspiration in them and that's great. I also don't think I've ever seen an artist be such an individual in the sense of the strange things she wears and says. She is an amazing artist who I've been very privlleged to see on more than one occaison live and she's make great music to the genre I love - pop. Even in my books she does not go near MJ but I do find her an amazing person <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • It saddens me to see you guys have such a contrary opinion of Gaga to me. I can't think of any other artist like her in this day and age. Quite frankly, I don't care if she's copying Madonna or MJ, she's found inspiration in them and that's great. I also don't think I've ever seen an artist be such an individual in the sense of the strange things she wears and says. She is an amazing artist who I've been very privlleged to see on more than one occaison live and she's make great music to the genre I love - pop. Even in my books she does not go near MJ but I do find her an amazing person <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Right. I'm STILL glad she is being inspired by MJ and other sources, tho. <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • lilwendylilwendy Posts: 788
    ROTFL!! We are all so funny!!! It is absolutely hilarious to hear us all saying don't even try to compare anyone to MJ!!! I feel the same way too!!! We are all like proud mamas protecting our young!!! The claws come out... oh no you didn't! Don't even! No one comes close! He is beyond an incredible artist like some of these others... he is GENIUS! PRODIGY!!

I am not laughing at you because I do the same thing!

I just have to laugh!

Love you guys!
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    ROTFL!! We are all so funny!!! It is absolutely hilarious to hear us all saying don't even try to compare anyone to MJ!!! I feel the same way too!!! We are all like proud mamas protecting our young!!! The claws come out... oh no you didn't! Don't even! No one comes close! He is beyond an incredible artist like some of these others... he is GENIUS! PRODIGY!!

I am not laughing at you because I do the same thing!

I just have to laugh!

Love you guys!

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • CCCC Posts: 2,136
    Do you still watch Moonwalker

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • I agree. She's over the top for me. Overkill.

I agree. Can't stand her actually
    MJ & Madonna were such HUGE icons because they did what nobody else did during their time. MJ goes beyond that, the J5 transcended genre & layed the blueprint for artist today. From that MJ went on to be the greatest entertainer not only because he could put on a show but because he was a musical GENIUS. There is a difference between what he's done in his 40+ years as an artist & what Gaga does. & there is a difference between being inspired by someone & wanting to be what they were for music & trying to copy EVERY thing they've already done SUCCESSFULLY & PHENOMALLY. Of course if you're always trying to emulate someone else & trying to top them, you will fail in comparison. I'm not saying that just because I'm an MJ fan, but because that's just common sense. She'd do better trying to do stuff as big as things MJ did but different. CREATIVE & ORIGINAL. She has the potential, I guess, although I have yet to see MUSICAL GENIUS in her, rather than just SHOCK VALUE. & everyone is right about MJ being a prodigy, it's true! He can't be topped, he's uncomparible so I wish people would just do their own thing & stop trying. He was the KING of POP & should go down in history as that. People need to not aim to take his place but to be as great of an artist & PERSON as he was & that is not achieved by COPYING him but by taking inspiration from what he's done & doing something just as great. Realize though that he is MICHAEL JACKSON. Who in the world's name is more recognized, loved, admired & iconic than that, in every corner of the world? That's right, NO ONE. Gaga has a long way to go to reach that level & the way she's going with her Alejandro video type imagery, idk about that.
  • She's a fine and dandy entertainer but has she really done anything innovative herself? She gets a lot of praise for a whole lot of recycling. Of course the praise seems to come from generations who weren't alive or old enough to appreciate the people she is copying.
    She's a fine and dandy entertainer but has she really done anything innovative herself? She gets a lot of praise for a whole lot of recycling. Of course the praise seems to come from generations who weren't alive or old enough to appreciate the people she is copying.

That's true. Another thing about her is she gets so much attention for being "weird" or "crazy" but the only reason she is those things is to get ATTENTION. lol. If she didn't wear weird outfits & do crazy videos/performances do you think we'd hear about her as much? Probably not, to be honest. So she over does everything just to stand out, whereas a true artist wouldn't have to, the talent & music would speak for itself. However, she does get attention from the older generation, my two favorite J5 members liked her & see creativity in her, MJ supposedly wanted her for his TII shows & Jackie attended her concert & loved it. She is creative as far as her shows & outfits go, I'll give her that but innovative, nope.
    She doesn't wear wacky outfits for the purpose of gaining attention. She does this because that is her, she is unusual and different and if people weren't so judgmental and watched some of her interviews, you'd know she's like that and that she has been all her life. Maybe I am being ignorant because I haven't been around long enough to experience MJ and Madonna in their peak. But Lady Gaga is one of the best in MY generation and I understand and appreciate her for who she really is. As she says, she's an artist that allows her fans to bring out the crazy inside. I don't think MJ would appreciate negative talk of such an artist especially since there's been talk of him liking her work. It's all for LOVE people <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    She doesn't wear wacky outfits for the purpose of gaining attention. She does this because that is her, she is unusual and different and if people weren't so judgmental and watched some of her interviews, you'd know she's like that and that she has been all her life. Maybe I am being ignorant because I haven't been around long enough to experience MJ and Madonna in their peak. But Lady Gaga is one of the best in MY generation and I understand and appreciate her for who she really is. As she says, she's an artist that allows her fans to bring out the crazy inside. I don't think MJ would appreciate negative talk of such an artist especially since there's been talk of him liking her work. It's all for LOVE people <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Well, I'm sorry I offended you. But it's just my opinion of her. I don't know what she's like out of the spotlight, neither do you so who knows if she truly IS like that. & even in her interview which I have SEEN, she's talked about how she was always an outsider, quiet & never got any attention. She was even bullied. So she would wear weird outfits to draw attention to herself. Which isn't a bad thing, it the way she does it now, which goes too far at times that I was referring to. As for her work, I never said she wasn't talented or had potential, but she overshadows that with her controversial behavior, costumes & videos. For instance, I saw a performance where she just sat down at the piano, she was still wearing a crazy Gaga outfit, but she was just singing. Her & the piano. That was when I actually HEARD her voice rather than just seeing her go wild onstage, lol. Just like you get defensive about Gaga, I get defensive about MJ.
  • I'm sure if Gaga were to release a movie it would be a success, but in my opinion no movie she ever makes will be anywhere near as amazing as Moonwalker. I know she is inspired by MJ (its kind of obvious even to people that know almost nothing about her) and Cyndi Lauper, and the Rolling Stones, and all that great stuff, and that's great! She is talented and she makes good music...I don't exactly like her videos very much though. Sometimes I wonder if she says she's inspired by Michael just so she can get away with copying him and trying to be the "next" him. I mean there's obviously no way to know that unless you know her personally, but it's just a thought.
    Don't get me wrong, I consider myself a fan of hers...but really it's starting to get VERY irritating to me how much the pubic compares her to Michael Jackson. Like...it bothers me to think that so many people out there believe that it's actually possible for her to be the "Michael Jackson of today's generation."

... <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> like are you kidding?
    It takes a lot more than releasing a "creative movie" to be on Michael's level. That SHOULD be painfully obvious...
    I mean Moonwalker was enjoyable for children as well as adults, and was part of so many people's childhoods, whether it was children of the 80s, 90s, or 2000s, because when I was little we all loved it and now as teenagers we all still love it and kids still love it as well, it truly is timeless. I wonder if the same will be able to be said about Gaga's new video.

Well, I'm sorry I offended you. But it's just my opinion of her. I don't know what she's like out of the spotlight, neither do you so who knows if she truly IS like that. & even in her interview which I have SEEN, she's talked about how she was always an outsider, quiet & never got any attention. She was even bullied. So she would wear weird outfits to draw attention to herself. Which isn't a bad thing, it the way she does it now, which goes too far at times that I was referring to. As for her work, I never said she wasn't talented or had potential, but she overshadows that with her controversial behavior, costumes & videos. For instance, I saw a performance where she just sat down at the piano, she was still wearing a crazy Gaga outfit, but she was just singing. Her & the piano. That was when I actually HEARD her voice rather than just seeing her go wild onstage, lol. Just like you get defensive about Gaga, I get defensive about MJ.

Thanks for responding <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    Lol, don't worry no one has offended me it's all good. Well I met her once when she came down here to Australia and she was really genuine, she told me I was "cute" for getting her autograph for my sister haha! I guess I can agree with what you're saying in regards to the bullying thing. Yeah, it's okay no one has said she's not talented or has potential but the fact that people are just talking about her is a positive I believe, because she's created gossip and at least people are talking about her. Yep I really like when it's just her and the piano, it shows her true talent. I also think, most artists have their trademarks which people know them for so I guess Gaga's wackiness is that. It may be a bit cringe worthy because it's so unusual etc but I really like the way she goes to extreme lengths in terms of art, it's a great viewing spectacle. Well thankfully, I get just as defensive about MJ because although I hold MJ in higher regard, I love Gaga and believe she's a wonderful artist. I hate it when people call MJ a pedo and weird things like that and that Gaga has male genitals etc. It's not fair. It's a constant battle sticking up for MJ with kids at school especially when we love him so much <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • CCCC Posts: 2,136

I think she want to get some attention, look how she look before...
    <!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM51qOpw ... re=related<!-- m -->
    <!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8CUn2Vs ... re=related<!-- m -->