Sunglasses

2»

Comments

• found it. last paragraph about look alike dancers.
    <!-- m -->http://news.softpedia.com/news/Michael- ... 7141.shtml<!-- m -->

This also includes illusions in the manner of reputed magician Criss Angel, which would have Michael float above the stage and then land on a specific spot, the aforementioned source reveals.

th_phpxN1SArPM.jpg

But we never saw this in in the TII movie...

Other surprises would include, according to reports, many look-alikes that would dance and provide the wow factor, while also acting as diversions in case Michael grows tired. “A small army of Michael Jackson look-alike dancers might be recruited as a backup troupe to handle the more challenging routines so the 50-year-old singer won’t be strained during the nightly 100-minute production, his first since 1997.” Ortega adds. For more on what insiders have to say of Michael’s much-mediated comeback, including of his upcoming album

I can not remember which MJ impersonator it was but one of them gave an interview in which they stated that they were about to meet to discuss being in the "This Is It" shows but they never actually had a chance to do that. To me, this suggests that the film is actually all Michael except for the stunt double for the window scene in "Smooth Criminal".

when i watch the video here at home it always feels like the real deal. in the theater for the midnight showing it seemed kind of odd at times. i certinly don't like to entertain the idea of doubles outside of the usual diversion and saftey issues. i just thought it interesting that this showed up.i actually hadn't picked up on the might be recruited part.

back again: anyone else notice the older video he is wearing a heavy coat when everyone else is just in sweats?
    another thought on the sunglasses: maybe he didn't want poeple to notice or be self concious about him observing them.
  • CCCC Posts: 2,136
    found it. last paragraph about look alike dancers.

This also includes illusions in the manner of reputed magician Criss Angel, which would have Michael float above the stage and then land on a specific spot, the aforementioned source reveals.

th_phpxN1SArPM.jpg

Other surprises would include, according to reports, many look-alikes that would dance and provide the wow factor, while also acting as diversions in case Michael grows tired. “A small army of Michael Jackson look-alike dancers might be recruited as a backup troupe to handle the more challenging routines so the 50-year-old singer won’t be strained during the nightly 100-minute production, his first since 1997.” Ortega adds. For more on what insiders have to say of Michael’s much-mediated comeback, including of his upcoming album

I can not remember which MJ impersonator it was but one of them gave an interview in which they stated that they were about to meet to discuss being in the "This Is It" shows but they never actually had a chance to do that. To me, this suggests that the film is actually all Michael except for the stunt double for the window scene in "Smooth Criminal".

I THINK I SAW IN TII THAT THE STUNT DOUBLE FOR SMOOTH CRIMINAL WAS MISHA (?) AND IS SO, SO WEIRD THAT THEY DIDN´T HAVE THIS DANCERS ONE WEEK BEFORE TO GO TO LONDON AND IS WEIRD THAT THEY DIDN´T HAVE ANY CONTRACT WITH THE MAGICIANS OR THE GROUP WHO WILL SING BEFORE HIM AT EVERY SHOW... SO MUCH THINGS WITHOUT AN ANSWER... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • according to the complaint filed by Joseph Jackson and his Attorney, it looks like Michael may have had some Gluacoma issues.
  • according to the complaint filed by Joseph Jackson and his Attorney, it looks like Michael may have had some Gluacoma issues.

i'm not much on the elvis and mj stuff but if memory serves me this is another thing that elvis was supposed to have had. and i think a connection to diebetis (the supposed needle marks)?
  • heisinme09heisinme09 Posts: 494

Wow! This is pretty huge, if you ask me! Kenny Ortega flat out admitting in this March 2009 article that "look alike dancers" would possibly spot him in the O2 shows if he got tired during the run???????!!!!!

WHAT????? <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->

I've never really been one to ascribe to the Double's Theories, but man, that's a big piece of information to digest! Has this article ever been posted on the Forum before and discussed? THIS IS DEFINITELY NEWS TO ME!!!

Peace!
  • found it. last paragraph about look alike dancers.

Wow! This is pretty huge, if you ask me! Kenny Ortega flat out admitting in this March 2009 article that "look alike dancers" would possibly spot him in the O2 shows if he got tired during the run???????!!!!!

WHAT????? <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->

I've never really been one to ascribe to the Double's Theories, but man, that's a big piece of information to digest! Has this article ever been posted on the Forum before and discussed? THIS IS DEFINITELY NEWS TO ME!!!

Peace!

it was . it didn't get much attention at the time.
  • darkchilddarkchild Posts: 1,161
    I had recently bought and watched a video titled "What killed 'The King Of Pop' " and in it they had Navi talking about Michael and he actually stated that one of the shots in TII was NOT Michael for the guy moved differently then Michael and if anyone knew how Michael moved it was him(Navi) for he lived and breathed learning EVERYTHING Michael so I wonder how much truth is in that..

Yes, I bought same video recently. What Navi said about he that he had been a decoy for MJ since 1993, and that he had studied MJ's movements was very interesting. That he could tell it was MJ by the way he gestured.
    Especially about how Navi was called to do some of the TII visuals and how that did not materialize. Very interesting observations. Thanks for sharing and God bless you!
  • darkchilddarkchild Posts: 1,161

th_phpxN1SArPM.jpg

I THINK I SAW IN TII THAT THE STUNT DOUBLE FOR SMOOTH CRIMINAL WAS MISHA (?) AND IS SO, SO WEIRD THAT THEY DIDN´T HAVE THIS DANCERS ONE WEEK BEFORE TO GO TO LONDON AND IS WEIRD THAT THEY DIDN´T HAVE ANY CONTRACT WITH THE MAGICIANS OR THE GROUP WHO WILL SING BEFORE HIM AT EVERY SHOW... SO MUCH THINGS WITHOUT AN ANSWER... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

I was if that was Earnest Valentino or Navi who was called for TII visuals. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->