Hearing rescheduled for October...trial not till 2011 :)

lovemj4everandeverlovemj4everandever Posts: 573
edited January 1970 in General Hoax Investigation
Dr. Conrad Murray is back before a Los Angeles judge on Monday, but he won’t be facing the gavel of justice for another five months.

RadarOnline.com has learned the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office and Dr. Murray’s legal ace Ed Chernoff have hatched a deal for the involuntary manslaughter charges in the case of Michael Jackson to be heard in January, next year.

“The preliminary hearing will last anywhere from 2-4 weeks," a source close to the case tell us.

Both camps will push the judge to sign off on the date for the closely watched celebrity trial at Monday’s hearing at 12:30pm PST.

VIDEO: Jermaine Jackson Wants To Meet With President Obama About Monument For Michael

Dr. Murray, the pop singer’s personal physician, has pleaded not guilty to charges of involuntary manslaughter.

The purpose of a preliminary hearing is for the judge to decide if there is enough evidence to send the case to trial, or if not, to dismiss it.

After an eight-month investigation, Los Angeles prosecutors charged the Houston-based cardiologist with allegedly administering a lethal cocktail of painkillers and anesthetics to Jackson in the hours before he died on June 25, last year.

Involuntary manslaughter carries the shortest sentence of any homicide charge in California.

If convicted, Murray faces up to four years in prison.

While Dr. Murray was recently photographed in Miami with his infant son and girlfriend while on vacation, sources tell RadarOnline.com he is grieving the unexpected death of one of his employees’ children.

“Dr. Murray is having a very tough time because of the death,” a source said. “Dr. Murray regards his employees as family.”

Full story here...
<!-- m -->http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2 ... nuary-2011<!-- m -->

Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- When Dr. Conrad Murray returns to a Los Angeles court Monday afternoon, he is likely to be hounded by dozens of Michael Jackson fans angry about the pop star's death.

Monday's hearing is expected to be quick. It will set a date for the preliminary hearing in the involuntary manslaughter case against Murray, his lawyer said.

The judge has indicated the preliminary hearing will be in October and is expected to last more than a week.

The Los Angeles County coroner ruled that Jackson's death on June 25, 2009, was from an overdose of propofol, a powerful anesthesia used to put surgical patients to sleep.
Video: Dr. Conrad Murray a 'fall guy'?

Murray, hired as Jackson's personal doctor while the singer rehearsed for his comeback concerts, admits giving him propofol as a sleep aid. But Murray's lawyer said the amount was much smaller than what was found in Jackson's body during the autopsy.

"The fact [of the way] that he died was a mystery a year ago, and still is," Houston attorney Ed Chernoff told CNN in an exclusive interview recently.

Members of Jackson's family have attended each hearing since Murray's arrest in February.

When brother Jermaine Jackson left the last hearing in June, he indicated some of them were not satisfied with the case against Murray.

"Dr. Murray's the fall guy," Jermaine Jackson said after the hearing. "This is bulls**t."

California authorities announced last month that seven other doctors and a nurse who treated Jackson will not face criminal prosecution in connection with the singer's death.

Judge Michael Pastor denied a request by the state medical board to order Murray to stop practicing medicine as a condition of his bond while he awaits trial. His lawyer said he has no California patients, although he continues to treat patients in Nevada and Texas.

Jackson fans have organized protests at each hearing, taunting Dr. Murray as he entered and departed the courthouse.

One fan website said they would follow Murray "into the streets" after Monday's hearing with banners on an overpass of the Hollywood Freeway.

Read CNNs full story here...
<!-- m -->http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/08/23/jac ... r.hearing/<!-- m -->

Oh what a circus! Oh what a show! We love you, Michael! And YES! We will be there!

<!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: --> <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: --> <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->

Comments

• <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> As expected.
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    I like the dotted tie.
  • MashMikeMashMike Posts: 1,312
    the show must go on
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    Be interesting to see if this reporter's account of the situation is accurate or not. Hearing hasn't happened yet, don't forget. Let's stay tuned and see.
  • keep us posted, especially people who live out of the U.S.A.
    THANKS. LOVE ALWAYS
  • backstagerbackstager Posts: 291
    I wonder who's telling them these things. I'm excited for October though. Thriller Month <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> As for the delay-- can't say I'm too surprised.
  • Lady JLady J Posts: 455
    which day on october?
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Yeah, and according to TMZ next week will be fine. Go figure... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• which day on october?

26th, i think.
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    TRIAL??? Ohh God!!! He's NOT coming back guys. How is he going to come back after all of these hearings and now trial? This is too deep!!! I don't expect a come back no more <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • awesome1awesome1 Posts: 565
    TRIAL??? Ohh God!!! He's NOT coming back guys. How is he going to come back after all of these hearings and now trial? This is too deep!!! I don't expect a come back no more <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

See i can see him coming back before a trial, or even during the trial itslef. but i also question that if michael did hoax his death, then why is murray going to trial and possibly prison for something that he hasnt done

See i can see him coming back before a trial, or even during the trial itslef. but i also question that if michael did hoax his death, then why is murray going to trial and possibly prison for something that he hasnt done

I used to believe in a come back but not after all of this. <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> And yeah I never understood why he included Murray into this if he wanted to disappear <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> I don't know really, I'm so confused. But after all of these hearings, how is he going to come back and what is he going to say? This hoax started to seem like a fairy tale to me
    <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • nefarinefari Posts: 1,227
    I cannot understand why anyone is losing faith. This is all so ridiculous. The dragging it out is precisely the reason I do beLIEve and Murray's constant mugging for the camera. The dogging us out on the non BeLIEver forums which is going on as I type this btw. It's all part of a much grander picture, a very scripted one.
    I cannot understand why anyone is losing faith. This is all so ridiculous. The dragging it out is precisely the reason I do beLIEve and Murray's constant mugging for the camera. The dogging us out on the non BeLIEver forums which is going on as I type this btw. It's all part of a much grander picture, a very scripted one.

It's because of the trial. Trial is not a game. Hearing was simpler but trial, no way. Faith is great but until when???
    Until I see a living Michael, a real body or I die myself. I stand firm on my beliefs and I do not waver.
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Means this hearing was this morning, instead of this afternoon.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Until I see a living Michael, a real body or I die myself. I stand firm on my beliefs and I do not waver.

It's good for you. I'm just so so sad at the moment. And I'm losing hope to see him alive again. Belief and faith is so good but I have to use my logic too. Sorry if I made you feel bad <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
    Sweetie you did NOT make me feel bad. I just stand strong each and every day because I think we all need to not forget how utterly silly this is getting. Murray wants to use a Coke *the drink* addiction as a defense against Michael and yet a photo pops up of Murray strolling along with a Coke and a smile with a recycle bin in the Back ground <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    This has Michael movie written all over it. It's just too darn good.
  • I wonder who's telling them these things. I'm excited for October though. Thriller Month <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> As for the delay-- can't say I'm too surprised.

october surprise <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    Sweetie you did NOT make me feel bad. I just stand strong each and every day because I think we all need to not forget how utterly silly this is getting. Murray wants to use a Coke *the drink* addiction as a defense against Michael and yet a photo pops up of Murray strolling along with a Coke and a smile with a recycle bin in the Back ground <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

I know that Michael is alive, I'm just losing hope to see him alive again. That would be beyond perfectness if he comes back of course <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> This movie deserves a beautiful, happy ending <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->
  • TRIAL??? Ohh God!!! He's NOT coming back guys. How is he going to come back after all of these hearings and now trial? This is too deep!!! I don't expect a come back no more <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

Why did Michael Jackson go to trial for something he didn't do?

No reason to be worried, guys. For all we know, Michael may be counting on Murray to go to trail and/or be convicted. What a great way to prove his point that the media and government will do just about anything to cover their tracks. And innocent people can spend there lives paying for something they didn't do. It's all a show.
  • DancerDancer Posts: 1,225
    I agree. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • A hearing, not a trail

Why did Michael Jackson go to trial for something he didn't do?

No reason to be worried, guys. For all we know, Michael may be counting on Murray to go to trail and/or be convicted. What a great way to prove his point that the media and government will do just about anything to cover their tracks. And innocent people can spend there lives paying for something they didn't do. It's all a show.

"Didn't it take too long for just being a show?" That's what my half of brain thinks about. But I do want to listen to the other half and try to keep the faith and believe in this show thing. HUGS to my sweet believer family. LOVE YOU ALL GUYS.
    A hearing, not a trail

there's another hearing in October and January the 4th, there's a trial.