Proof They Rehearsed the Memorial - Orianthi :)

13»

Comments

• HazzelyHazzely Posts: 1,443
    This is awesome news!
    Finally we have the photos also not only the audio. =)

@Hazzely

Do you have the audio recording from the Memorial rehearsal that the fans captured outside the Staples Center on June 3, 2009? I found it once on youtube but it has disappeared. Do you know where I can find it again? <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->

Yes I have it <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    Going to search it now
  • HazzelyHazzely Posts: 1,443
    Ok here it is
    <!-- m -->http://mjmylullaby.tumblr.com/post/1082 ... rld-at-tii<!-- m -->

I uploaded it on my blog since it wasn't on the internet and here we don't have an option for videos

x :3
  • ElsaElsa Posts: 341
    No, this was not in the movie. On Mike's Dangerous and History tours, the only thing that played from We Are The World was just an orchestra version of about one minute leading into Mike's performance of Heal The World. In my opinion, there is NO way the TII singers would have sang We Are The World in concert, and certainly not Orianthi. I firmly beLIEve this is Mike's way of letting us know that the Memorial was indeed rehearsed. There is audio of Orianthi singing her part caught on audio tape from fans outside the staples center on June 3, 2009. It is very poor quality made from the outside of the Staples Center but I will see if I can find it.

Again, this is FIRMLY my opinion. No way Orianthi would have solo sang any part of We Are The World on a concert tour...this is the memorial they are rehearsing for. Then again, I'm a 100000% beLIEver that This Is It was never meant to be a tour and that Mike is 100000000000% alive... <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->

I can see some people aren’t understanding the significance of what lovemj4everandever has said.

Orianthi is seen with the microphone and without her guitar on the stage rehearsing/singing/talking - but we recognise it as a moment from the memorial during We Are The World. If this rehearsal was for TII she would be listed as a singer in the Tour Credits. She is not! See <!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=48&t=982<!-- l -->. So she was not meant to sing in the concerts and this has to be a rehearsal for the memorial.

The memorial had to be rehearsed but why was it filmed?

Is it the same reason given for filming the rehearsals for TII- for Michael’s private archives? He wants a record of a part of the rehearsal of his memorial? He’s supposed to be
    dead!!!
  • Ok here it is
    <!-- m -->http://mjmylullaby.tumblr.com/post/1082 ... rld-at-tii<!-- m -->

I uploaded it on my blog since it wasn't on the internet and here we don't have an option for videos

x :3

Thank you! <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: --> <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: --> Is there anyway to get the original video footage? The video by the fans was timestamped June 3, 2009. Any possibility of getting it? Thanks for this post though! Much love to you! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • No, this was not in the movie. On Mike's Dangerous and History tours, the only thing that played from We Are The World was just an orchestra version of about one minute leading into Mike's performance of Heal The World. In my opinion, there is NO way the TII singers would have sang We Are The World in concert, and certainly not Orianthi. I firmly beLIEve this is Mike's way of letting us know that the Memorial was indeed rehearsed. There is audio of Orianthi singing her part caught on audio tape from fans outside the staples center on June 3, 2009. It is very poor quality made from the outside of the Staples Center but I will see if I can find it.

Again, this is FIRMLY my opinion. No way Orianthi would have solo sang any part of We Are The World on a concert tour...this is the memorial they are rehearsing for. Then again, I'm a 100000% beLIEver that This Is It was never meant to be a tour and that Mike is 100000000000% alive... <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->

I can see some people aren’t understanding the significance of what lovemj4everandever has said.

Orianthi is seen with the microphone and without her guitar on the stage rehearsing/singing/talking - but we recognise it as a moment from the memorial during We Are The World. If this rehearsal was for TII she would be listed as a singer in the Tour Credits. She is not! See <!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=48&t=982<!-- l -->. So she was not meant to sing in the concerts and this has to be a rehearsal for the memorial.

Is it the same reason given for filming the rehearsals for TII- for Michael’s private archives? He wants a record of a part of the rehearsal of his memorial? He’s supposed to be
    dead!!!

That's another very interesting point in itself, so really good thinking there! <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: --> Also, Michael is not listed as a singer or dancer either in the "live show" credits. LOL! Just as the Smooth Criminal and the Creator! Of course, we beLIEvers knew he wasn't going to "sing or dance" in the live shows, only in the movie! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> (Just like Orianthi which is why this rehearsal footage is part of the This Is it outtakes footage!) <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • These are all very interesting observations, guys! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> I think we can all agree that the Memorial was rehearsed. Some say of course they had to rehearse it, it was quite a show and you don't wanna screw it, right? But then again, including it in the TII bonus seems really weird, even morbid, as someone called it <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> It'd be good to have a proof that the fan footage of Orianthi singing was really on that day (June 3rd?) Cause if it was then it's 10000% hoax.

The credits issue is also very interesting. If everyone else was listed in the "live show" credits, why not MJ? I mean already the fact that they listed anyone in live show credits is strange: it never made it to live shows...I don't quite understand that. What does it mean for us? I personally wouldn't rely on that. It's like that Conrad Murray movie and the details that are always being changed on IMDb. Once MJ was listed as director & character and then it was removed stating it's archive footage, whatever.

In any case, let's keep it up, great work!
  • Looks like they are both smiling to me.

But, regardless, if she is crying that really doesn't mean anything. If I had a child and was at a memorial for him, and had to see his casket and all his friends grieving, I would be crying regardless of whether or not he was really dead.

Yes, I agree. And don't forget the final sentence in the memorial booklet that read "Without the love and support of Michael's mother, Ms. Katherine Jackson, this PROGRAM would not have been possible."

Onward with the PROGRAM, the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH! <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: --> <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->

The Memorial Booklet is called a "Program". Programs are things they hand out at events (even memorials) if there are going to be a lot of speakers etc so that you will know who will be there etc.
  • No, this was not in the movie. On Mike's Dangerous and History tours, the only thing that played from We Are The World was just an orchestra version of about one minute leading into Mike's performance of Heal The World. In my opinion, there is NO way the TII singers would have sang We Are The World in concert, and certainly not Orianthi. I firmly beLIEve this is Mike's way of letting us know that the Memorial was indeed rehearsed. There is audio of Orianthi singing her part caught on audio tape from fans outside the staples center on June 3, 2009. It is very poor quality made from the outside of the Staples Center but I will see if I can find it.

dead!!!

Actually I have to see the memorial again. I didn't really remember Orianthi doing We are the World there. I will look at that too.
  • The Memorial Booklet is called a "Program". Programs are things they hand out at events (even memorials) if there are going to be a lot of speakers etc so that you will know who will be there etc.

That's true and the memorial was also a TV program. In fact, it was a "reality TV" program (according to the IMDB) unlike Princess Diana's program which was classified as "news" (in the IMDB). Mike's "reality TV memorial" won best "variety show" of the year! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> And without Katherine's support, neither PROGRAM would have been possible. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • It'd be good to have a proof that the fan footage of Orianthi singing was really on that day (June 3rd?) Cause if it was then it's 10000% hoax.

The proof comes and goes. It video gets uploaded to Youtube with the timestamp of June 3rd, and then someone manages to get it taken down. Maybe someone has a copy of the video that the audio is taken from and can post it here for all to see. It does exist! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • I dont see how theres any way that they would be rehearsing this for the concerts. For the sake of argument lets just say that the concerts were going to take place (which I'm skeptical about) and Orianthi was going to be singing a part in We Are the World (which is weird in the first place), why would she be singing MICHAEL'S PART?? She could have sang any other part, but she is singing his. Don't you think that he would sing his part if the song was going to be performed during the concerts?

I understand what some of you are saying about this not being proof that they rehearsed the memorial during TII because they cant just throw something together like that without having a rehearsal first. I do believe that they rehearsed the memorial, I just think that the rehearsal took place during the filming of TII which was why the footage was included in the outtakes in the first place. If anyone could find a clip or a picture of Orianthi wearing that same outfit in any of the known footage from TII then we would know for sure.

Peace and Love to all.
  • If anyone could find a clip or a picture of Orianthi wearing that same outfit in any of the known footage from TII then we would know for sure.

Peace and Love to all.

Good point.
  • CCCC Posts: 2,136
    If anyone could find a clip or a picture of Orianthi wearing that same outfit in any of the known footage from TII then we would know for sure.

Peace and Love to all.

Good point.

I dont have here the movie but i think she wears the same during the solo with the other guy at the guitar... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> she´s wearing "nikes" i think...
  • If anyone could find a clip or a picture of Orianthi wearing that same outfit in any of the known footage from TII then we would know for sure.

Peace and Love to all.

Good point.

I dont have here the movie but i think she wears the same during the solo with the other guy at the guitar... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> she´s wearing "nikes" i think...

She has it on in the movie just before the guitar duet with the other player. It's the pieced together clip where Mike is standing behind her (wearing the same clothes that he has on during Man In The Mirror), just before the guitar duet but after the commentary by the other guitar player. The outfit is black shirt next to body, then greenish colored tight fitting above the knee dress, then short outer long sleeve black jacket with the sleeves pushed up to the elbows, dark jeans, sunglasses and cap. She also has it on during parts of Beat It (only parts as that clip is pieced together from many clips). There are just glimpses, I mean a second or less, during other songs, too, where she has it on. The "blue lighting" in the movie sometimes distorts the color of the above knee dress, (second layer of clothing) but the outfit is the same.

I have the DVD here...when I get time I will take some stills. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • She also has it on and there is a really good shot of it right after Michael's speech about Just BeLIEve and have faith. Nikes and all.... It's under the blue lighting so is one of those that looks distorted for the color of the second layer of clothing (between greenish and gray) but it is the same outfit.

This outfit is not to be confused with another similar outfit that she wears in the movie also. The other outfit consists of a gray outer jacket that has black stripes like armband stripes on the sleeves, and with that jacket she is wearing tights not jeans.

The outfit that she wears during the memorial rehearsal is seen numerous times in This Is It.
  • I do believe that they rehearsed the memorial, I just think that the rehearsal took place during the filming of TII which was why the footage was included in the outtakes in the first place

Exactly! Agree 10000000000%! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

• Is there anyway to get the original video footage? The video by the fans was timestamped June 3, 2009. Any possibility of getting it?

i think this would be the most important proof needed.

also, if the audio by fans was taken at Staples Center, then it was most likely a real rehearsal for the memorial. June 3, they would still have been at The Forum. they only transferred to Staples that last week.

i love this thread, but i hope it's not going to be a letdown...
  • also, if the audio by fans was taken at Staples Center, then it was most likely a real rehearsal for the memorial. June 3, they would still have been at The Forum. they only transferred to Staples that last week.

This calls for my correcting something....the video footage actually doesn't say that it is at the Staples Center, that was just impulsive statement. You're right. They were at the forum. On the video footage that is timestamped June 3rd where you can hear WATW being rehearsed and Orianthi singing Michael's part actually does not state where they are. It is taken by two or three fans who are listening inside the building but outside the doors of the main venue...in other words, like the corridor/the hallway in between the exterior doors of the building and the interior doors that actually lead to the audience seating area of the venue. So once again, that was simply my mistake when I said it was taken at the Staples Center. The video footage that accompanies the audio is timestamped June 3rd and it matches the outtakes from This Is It. Thanks for keeping me on my toes! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • Okay, I found this one. It's from the same day, June 3rd at the Forum but only includes The Way You Make Me Feel. There is a series of these that were uploaded to youtube including the Rehearsal of WATW with Orianthi singing Michael's part on this same day. The youtuber's account "SummerCrane" was suspended (as usual concerning anything that is proof - <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->). Anyway, the audio that "Hazzely" posted above is taken from one of the videos from the same day.

I still will post some stills of Orianthi is this same outfit when I get a chance in the next day or two unless someone beats me to it.

[youtube:zdexsdls]
  • This suspension of accounts is very silly...it only confirms our findings. Anyway...

Sorry, how do we know this video with The way you make me feel is from June 3rd? Just a question <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->
  • CCCC Posts: 2,136
    also, if the audio by fans was taken at Staples Center, then it was most likely a real rehearsal for the memorial. June 3, they would still have been at The Forum. they only transferred to Staples that last week.

This calls for my correcting something....the video footage actually doesn't say that it is at the Staples Center, that was just impulsive statement. You're right. They were at the forum. On the video footage that is timestamped June 3rd where you can hear WATW being rehearsed and Orianthi singing Michael's part actually does not state where they are. It is taken by two or three fans who are listening inside the building but outside the doors of the main venue...in other words, like the corridor/the hallway in between the exterior doors of the building and the interior doors that actually lead to the audience seating area of the venue. So once again, that was simply my mistake when I said it was taken at the Staples Center. The video footage that accompanies the audio is timestamped June 3rd and it matches the outtakes from This Is It. Thanks for keeping me on my toes! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

if the audio is from the forum... even better! they were rehearsing before that we think!!! <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
    the images are from the staples... for sure! (the floor of the stage a staples is shiny)