Age mixup again - 14ish in 1974?

2»

Comments

• I have all of these interviews and performances on dvd it's called the Jackson's greatest tv performances.
    It's jam pact with lots of tv appearances and interviews from throughout their career as a group.
  • SkySky Posts: 62
    Another proof might be what Joe stated in an interview with a german newspaper:

"We used to have a pit bull for quite a while, and one day it tore from his kennel. Michael, he was just six years old, and his two years younger brother Randy were playing in front of the house, and the dog ran directly towards them. Michael was on top of the car roof with just one jump, Randy was bitten in the Achilles tendon, which still causes him problems. By then it was clear: Michael is moving like just no other."

For the whole interview look at <!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=59&t=11180&start=0<!-- l -->

Well that's odd I'm pretty sure we didn't have breeds of pit bulls yet around when I was six, I'm a year younger than MJ ????

Yes we had, and even far before the 1960's.

Pit Bull Terrier

History/Origin:
    His ancestors were brought to the United States in the mid - 1800's by Boston-Irish immigrants. Originally bred from a variety of bulldogs and terriers, American breeders increased his weight and gave him a more powerful head. A forbearer to the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, they were originally bred to be a fighting dog. Bull baiting was banned in England in 1835 and these dogs are no longer being bred to fight. There is some complication in registries of this breed. The AKC considers the American Staffordshire Terrier as separate and distinct from the American Pit Bull Terrier, yet the UKC will register both as American Pit Bull Terriers (APBTs).

In America, the Pit Bull flourished. It was one of the most popular breeds, highly prized by a wide variety of people. The Pit Bull was used to represent the US in WW1 artwork; popular companies like RCA and the Buster Brown Shoe Company used the breed as their mascots. A Pit Bull named Petie starred in the popular children's television series, Our Gang; a Pit Bull mix named Stubby became a decorated WWI hero. Pit Bulls accompanied pioneer famiels on their explorations. Laura Ingalls Wilder of the popular Little House books owned a working Pit Bulldog named Jack. Famous individuals like Theodore Roosevelt and Helen Keller owned the breed. It was during this time that the Pit Bull truly became America's sweetheart breed, admired, respected and loved.

In 1898 the United Kennel Club was formed with the express intent of providing registration and fighting guidelines for the now officially-named American Pit Bull Terrier. Later, those who wished to distance themselves from the fighting aspect of the breed petitioned the American Kennel Club for recognition of the Pit Bull so that it would be eligible for dog shows and other performance events. The AKC conceded in 1936 but only under the stipulation that the dogs registered with them be called "Staffordshire Terriers", the name of the province in England the breed supposedly originated in. Upon acceptance of the breed, many people dual-registered their dogs with both the AKC and the UKC.

The AKC eventually closed it's studbooks to American Pit Bull Terriers. They allowed registration only to those dogs with parents registered as Staffordshire Terriers. For a short period in the 1970's, the AKC reopened its studbooks to American Pit Bull Terriers. In 1973 the AKC added the prefix "American" to the breed's name in an effort to distinguish it from the newly recognized Staffordshire Bull Terrier. Today, only those dogs with AmStaff parents are eligible for registration. Both the UKC and the ADBA allow registration of AmStaffs, but in these organizations the dogs carry the original name, "American Pit Bull Terrier."

But not in the USA, I don't remember at any time of them being in the USA til much later on. German Shepard's and another breed can't remember which one. BUT the point is one MJ did not like dogs , the other one " many pictures with dogs, and even a German Shepard , so which is it? That is the whole point they say crap and forget what they have said, so how can you even go by what has been said in the Jackson family?
  • Another proof might be what Joe stated in an interview with a german newspaper:

"We used to have a pit bull for quite a while, and one day it tore from his kennel. Michael, he was just six years old, and his two years younger brother Randy were playing in front of the house, and the dog ran directly towards them. Michael was on top of the car roof with just one jump, Randy was bitten in the Achilles tendon, which still causes him problems. By then it was clear: Michael is moving like just no other."

For the whole interview look at <!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=59&t=11180&start=0<!-- l -->

Well that's odd I'm pretty sure we didn't have breeds of pit bulls yet around when I was six, I'm a year younger than MJ ????

Pit Bull Terrier

History/Origin:
    His ancestors were brought to the United States in the mid - 1800's by Boston-Irish immigrants. Originally bred from a variety of bulldogs and terriers, American breeders increased his weight and gave him a more powerful head. A forbearer to the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, they were originally bred to be a fighting dog. Bull baiting was banned in England in 1835 and these dogs are no longer being bred to fight. There is some complication in registries of this breed. The AKC considers the American Staffordshire Terrier as separate and distinct from the American Pit Bull Terrier, yet the UKC will register both as American Pit Bull Terriers (APBTs).

In America, the Pit Bull flourished. It was one of the most popular breeds, highly prized by a wide variety of people. The Pit Bull was used to represent the US in WW1 artwork; popular companies like RCA and the Buster Brown Shoe Company used the breed as their mascots. A Pit Bull named Petie starred in the popular children's television series, Our Gang; a Pit Bull mix named Stubby became a decorated WWI hero. Pit Bulls accompanied pioneer famiels on their explorations. Laura Ingalls Wilder of the popular Little House books owned a working Pit Bulldog named Jack. Famous individuals like Theodore Roosevelt and Helen Keller owned the breed. It was during this time that the Pit Bull truly became America's sweetheart breed, admired, respected and loved.

In 1898 the United Kennel Club was formed with the express intent of providing registration and fighting guidelines for the now officially-named American Pit Bull Terrier. Later, those who wished to distance themselves from the fighting aspect of the breed petitioned the American Kennel Club for recognition of the Pit Bull so that it would be eligible for dog shows and other performance events. The AKC conceded in 1936 but only under the stipulation that the dogs registered with them be called "Staffordshire Terriers", the name of the province in England the breed supposedly originated in. Upon acceptance of the breed, many people dual-registered their dogs with both the AKC and the UKC.

The AKC eventually closed it's studbooks to American Pit Bull Terriers. They allowed registration only to those dogs with parents registered as Staffordshire Terriers. For a short period in the 1970's, the AKC reopened its studbooks to American Pit Bull Terriers. In 1973 the AKC added the prefix "American" to the breed's name in an effort to distinguish it from the newly recognized Staffordshire Bull Terrier. Today, only those dogs with AmStaff parents are eligible for registration. Both the UKC and the ADBA allow registration of AmStaffs, but in these organizations the dogs carry the original name, "American Pit Bull Terrier."

But not in the USA, I don't remember at any time of them being in the USA til much later on.

The fact that you don't remember them doesn't mean they weren't there.
    For a short period in the 1970's, the AKC reopened its studbooks to American Pit Bull Terriers
    Famous individuals like Theodore Roosevelt and Helen Keller owned the breed. It was during this time that the Pit Bull truly became America's sweetheart breed, admired, respected and loved.

Theodore Roosevelt
    Born: October 27, 1858
    Died: January 6, 1919

Helen Keller
    Born: June 27, 1880
    Died: June 1, 1968

Pit Bull Terrier

History/Origin:

But not in the USA, I don't remember at any time of them being in the USA til much later on.

For a short period in the 1970's, the AKC reopened its studbooks to American Pit Bull Terriers
    Famous individuals like Theodore Roosevelt and Helen Keller owned the breed. It was during this time that the Pit Bull truly became America's sweetheart breed, admired, respected and loved.

Theodore Roosevelt

Helen Keller
    YES, and they COSTS dollars back then, I don't think they were RICH yet, but whatever your always right! You still CANNOT always go but what has been said by them, it's all freaking show biz, some things u guys cannot get.
  • <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
    Actually I did not post this in order to discuss pitbul breeding in the US back then ... <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400

Pit Bull Terrier

History/Origin:

Theodore Roosevelt

Helen Keller
    YES, and they COSTS dollars back then, I don't think they were RICH yet, but whatever your always right! You still CANNOT always go but what has been said by them, it's all freaking show biz, some things u guys cannot get.

Hmmmm, to be honest, I think you just realized you might have been wrong and you hate it. And it's not even a big deal. You 2 were discussing and one won. pooh pooh... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

Next time you might be right. Can we stop the childish behaviour please and maybe we should get back on topic? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• Thanks, Souza! Same time - same thought <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    Uh, no I don't hate it, but a person can never ever be right here in this forum? That's not childish? Don't know what is.Don't cross the admins, go with flow, be that sheep.<!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Uh, no I don't hate it, but a person can never ever be right here in this forum? That's not childish? Don't know what is.Don't cross the admins, go with flow, be that sheep.<!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

You were NOT right this time, whether Mo is an admin or not. Deal with it.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• ooh oooh gonna watch those vids in the morning cause I'm tired now LOL