Michael Jackson's Son -- Healing the World

2»

Comments

• Thanks for sharing .......... nice to read something positive for a change...
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    Awwww this is wonderful! I would love to help out as well!

Go for it ! <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->

I don't know how <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->
    I've looked around for possible opportunities like this in my area, but can't find any.
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    Starting the Day with a Smile

by: Alicia

Mike was an ordinary kid. He went around doing ordinary things. At school, he was a good student, not perfect, but he got good enough grades. He wasn't the most popular kid in school, but he got along with everyone. He had a group of very close friends at school, they hung out after class together.

Mike worked at the local drug store before and after school. He did it to earn some extra cash. One day, he was ringing up the total for a customer. Suddenly, a guy comes in holding a gun.

"Everyone drop down!" he says, "or I'm going to shoot!" all the shoppers dropped to the floor. The robber comes up to Mike. He holds out the gun. "Open the drawer." he orders.

"Easy does it." Mike said as he opened the drawer slowly.

"Put all the money in here." The robber said holding out a bag. Mike obeys. Then, he slowly hands the bag over to the robber.

The robber turns to see if any of the customers had gotten away. Mike calmly picks up the phone and dials 911. the robber turns back and sees Mike. In panic, he shoots him. For a moment, the robber is in shock. Then he runs out with the sack of money. Mike had been fatally wounded.

He died at the hospital. The next day, some of his closest friends and relatives came to his funeral. Some of his teachers were there too. It was raining hard. The school choir sang a song, and a priest was hired to lead the ceremonies. Mike's parents stood in the front row under an umbrella. After the ceremony was over, some of Mike's friends and talked with them. After the crowd had dispersed, only Mike's parents were left. They stood under the rain, saying good bye to their only son. A stranger came over to Mike's grave. He puts a bouquet of flowers on the headstone. Mike's mom walks up to the stranger.

"Did you know my son?" she asked.

The stranger nodded, "Yeah," he said, "I saw him everyday."

"Funny," she said, "I've never seen you."

The stranger turns and smiles, "You probably haven't." he says, "You see, I went to the drug store everyday in the morning to buy a cup of coffee, and everyday your son would be there. When I bought my coffee, he would always say, 'have a nice day mister' And he would smile at me. He was a nice kid. He was the only kid at that store who bothered to be polite. It's good to start off my day with a cup of coffee. But it was also good to start my day with a smile. I'll miss your son. He helped me get through my day. He probable didn't even know my name, and I don't know his. But, I'll never forget the kid down at the drug store who bothered to smile."

http://www.oocities.com/treejumper1/smile.htm

L.O.V.E. to you, MJFAN7, and a dear hug.
  • Thanks Grace, for your touching story.

"If you have only one smile in you, give it to the people you love. Don't be surly at home, then go out in the street and start grinning 'Good morning' at total strangers."
    — Maya Angelou
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    If Grace that story is very touching, thanks for posting
  • Awwww this is wonderful! I would love to help out as well!

I've looked around for possible opportunities like this in my area, but can't find any.

Do something of your own, by being helpfull around you. Sure you can find <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Do something of your own, by being helpfull around you. Sure you can find <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

i help at church, and of course i help any chance i can with other people, i was just hoping there was more i could do, i feel like i do so little <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

i help at church, and of course i help any chance i can with other people, i was just hoping there was more i could do, i feel like i do so little <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

it's never little to do something <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> Did you had a look on the web ? maybe some job you could do "online" (spreading info about organisation, help them to manage wbesite or forum, or things like this) If you don't have much to do around you, you can maybe do something from distance. Here i have some people who create us some banner for the pets we have on adoption. We're not gifted for photo creation, and she does, so she helps shelters this way, by making nice pictures and banners to spread on forum...

Maybe there is some work like this you could do to help some people you know.

it's never little to do something <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> Did you had a look on the web ? maybe some job you could do "online" (spreading info about organisation, help them to manage wbesite or forum, or things like this) If you don't have much to do around you, you can maybe do something from distance. Here i have some people who create us some banner for the pets we have on adoption. We're not gifted for photo creation, and she does, so she helps shelters this way, by making nice pictures and banners to spread on forum...

Maybe there is some work like this you could do to help some people you know.

i have looked at the web, and the humane society is having volunteers to help take care of the animals, and im really thinking about doing that because i love animals. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> im just afraid ill get too attached to one <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

You know, it doesn't matter what you do. Important is that you can help with your heart, because then you'll feel motivated to go on. Don't do things what other people tell you what you should do. There're so many ways to help, fe there're a lot of lonely old people in a carecentre who need a little chat by a cup of tea or you can help in a fairtrade shop or something. You'll find what suits you. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> Keep the faith.
  • If only today's parents could do the same by teaching there kids as Michael did.
    I'd love to help even if my parents never really taught that <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> , and I'm determined to follow Michael's (and people as him) example in the future (I'm stilla minor, si I have limited occasions to help, not as Prince)
  • I'm sure Michael and his kids will keep doing their best to heal this world !