Prince’s “Welcome 2 America” Press Confusion…Er Conference

Comments

• trublutrublu Posts: 1,011
    I can take or leave Prince but what upset me was what I read about MJ fans not being welcome on a Prince site.

Unfortunately I think it goes both ways..

I just hope that if some Prince fans joined this site that they wouldn't be victimized because they like Prince. I may be naive but I don't think that would happen. I hope not anyway.
  • I can take or leave Prince but what upset me was what I read about MJ fans not being welcome on a Prince site.

That indeed isn't nice, but that doesn't mean that MJ fans would not want to have dealings with Prince fans or would not welcome Prince fans here. If so, that would be "an eye for an eye", and that can never be the intention.
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400

There is just something about this making me go check if the domains <!-- w -->www.princedeathhoax.com<!-- w --> and <!-- w -->www.princehoaxforum.com<!-- w --> are still available. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

There is just something about this making me go check if the domains <!-- m -->http://www.princedeathhoax.com<!-- m --> and <!-- m -->http://www.princehoaxforum.com<!-- m --> are still available. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

There is just something about this making me go check if the domains <!-- m -->http://www.princedeathhoax.com<!-- m --> and <!-- m -->http://www.princehoaxforum.com<!-- m --> are still available. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

We are laughing now, but purple is the colour of mourning for royalty. A "prince" is royalty as well.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

We are laughing now, but purple is the colour of mourning for royalty. A "prince" is royalty as well.

You know I bet someone somewhere is busy buying those domain names as we speak <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

On a serious note, if prince also faked his death..well wow.
  • miriam34miriam34 Posts: 146
    I like Prince, he is a very good musician too, of course i LOVE more Michael but this no means Prince is very good in his music too...and i like his simpaty too...
    Just saying...

• On prince.org they are comparing pics of both press conferences. Just to give you an idea of the atmosphere I'll paste something here.

A prince fan comments:
    the difference in these pictures is Prince looks really good and healthy and obviously had no problems speaking and Michael looks like some drag queen alien and from what I can remember he could barely speak in sentences at that news conference.
    Then an MJ fans steps in and replies:
    One could also argue that the difference between these pictures is that Michael looks really good and healthy and obviously had no problems speaking and Prince looks like some drag queen alien and from I remember he looked like a nasty mofo.

Nice...
    Dear oh dear..

Still I refuse to accept that some MJ fans and some Prince fans cannot get along.

Again, I do not even understand where the route of the problem lies...

It's like the whole Elvis and MJ thing...I just don't get it! Are we only allowed to like one?
  • awesome1awesome1 Posts: 565
    Mike and Prince are both Fantastic Atrists and entertainers, but i canot understand why prince fans are soo against michael
  • I'd love for MJ and Prince fans to unite because I happen to be a fan of them both! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    To me it's similar to the Elvis connection. To me Elvis and Prince music is okay, but I'm just not into them like I am MJ. Those guys might be very talented and famous, nothing wrong with them, but if I was into them I'd be on their sites. I'm not averse to learning about them a little here. I think they were both equally top rivals of Michael's in certain ways. They may yet each have some part to play in Michael's hoax. I've seen this video of Prince talking about Michael, and some other stories concerning Prince. And I respect that there's people here who have all kinds of other interests besides MJ, myself included. There has been some discussion on Prince coming from Edomite background, descendant of Esau who is twin brother of Jacob from whom came the 12 tribes of Israel. <!-- m -->http://prince.org/msg/7/341711%20-<!-- m --> There may be nothing to it or something, IDK.

• From MoQuake.com, regarding the video footage that was played during the press conference:

I was there. Stephen Hill (BET) said it was from the O2. The first clip was Prince playing Guitar. The second clip was the Controversy/Housequake medley with clips of celebrities at the concerts talking about how much they liked Prince's music. I don't know that it was a finished DVD per se, but the clips were definitely from the O2 concerts. They showed the O2, the symbol stage, Cora, Maceo, and the Twinz. I'm trying to remember exactly what Stephen Hill said about the clips (ie. did he use the word "dvd").
  • looking at the pic reminds me of somthing wonder wat it could be <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> mike said see you in july month before he 'died'. prince see u in december or will u die a month before lol <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Actually, there IS talk about that very same issue on prince.org <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    Uh-Oh....I think were in trouble P-Fans.
    please, please, please don't let this be another MJ type of deal....that would be TOO much to handle..

wow well us and them better get in case tat is wat its meant to be

Prince fans uniting with Michael Jackson fans..? That ain't gonna happen. There's no respect for Michael Jackson among Prince fans. Bring Michael Jackson up on a Prince forum, and you'll get executed right away.

I know us mj fans will never unite wit prince fans and i don't want it to happen cause i do not like prince like the people here but we still have to prepare ourself if it is going to happen

jawdrop2.gif

Your reply made me stare at my screen in disbelief King Of Pop... <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

i'm sorry but i do not like prince

And because YOU don't like Prince YOU don't want Prince fans and Michael Jackson fans to unite. Oh my...

Are there more groups of people you don't like and don't want any dealings with because their taste or interests differs from yours..?

<!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

i don't know if it happens someday i will unite any 1 else is ok prince is ok but i just don't like him i do not mean to disrespect people i'm so sorry if we were going to unite i would join
    looking at the pic reminds me of somthing wonder wat it could be <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> mike said see you in july month before he 'died'. prince see u in december or will u die a month before lol <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Actually, there IS talk about that very same issue on prince.org <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    please, please, please don't let this be another MJ type of deal....that would be TOO much to handle..

Prince fans uniting with Michael Jackson fans..? That ain't gonna happen. There's no respect for Michael Jackson among Prince fans. Bring Michael Jackson up on a Prince forum, and you'll get executed right away.

I know us mj fans will never unite wit prince fans and i don't want it to happen cause i do not like prince like the people here but we still have to prepare ourself if it is going to happen

jawdrop2.gif

Your reply made me stare at my screen in disbelief King Of Pop... <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

And because YOU don't like Prince YOU don't want Prince fans and Michael Jackson fans to unite. Oh my...

Are there more groups of people you don't like and don't want any dealings with because their taste or interests differs from yours..?

well prince hated michael so i don't know if it happens someday i will unite any 1 else is ok prince is ok but i just don't like him

Prince hated Michael?? And you base that on...???

• looking at the pic reminds me of somthing wonder wat it could be <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> mike said see you in july month before he 'died'. prince see u in december or will u die a month before lol <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

jawdrop2.gif

well prince hated michael so i don't know if it happens someday i will unite any 1 else is ok prince is ok but i just don't like him

from wat i read and heard bout him and mike
  • sorry if there are any prince fans i have upset
  • Looks like the same red curtain back drop as in those pictures of Michael popping up.

And doesn't Prince look awfully "MJ-ish"? His shirt and the sunglasses... reminds me alot of what Michael (or whoever it was) wore for the 02 announcement.

Also I find the title interesting, "Welcome 2 America", because I've heard Prince speak about how he doesn't support politics. I don't know, his speech just makes me think that it's going to be more than just a concert.

Not to mention, the photo, one of his eyes is covered...makes me think of the illuminati.

And about the "purple day in December". Obviously he's referring to "Purple Rain", right? But I thought about looking deeper into the meaning of the color purple.
    Purple is the color of good judgment. It is the color of people seeking spiritual fulfillment. It is said if you surround yourself with purple you will have peace of mind. Purple is a good color to use in meditation.

Purple has been used to symbolize magic and mystery, as well as royalty. Being the combination of red and blue, the warmest and coolest colors, purple is believed to be the ideal color. Most children love the color purple. Purple is the color most favored by artists. Thursday's color is purple.

Also, regarding violet crystals -
    Violet gemstones are associated with mysticism and purification. They are used for meditation and to sharpen psychic awareness, connection with higher self, and to increase imagination and inspiration.
    <!-- m -->http://crystal-cure.com/purple.html<!-- m -->

Just thought it was interesting...
  • SkySky Posts: 62

On prince.org they are comparing pics of both press conferences. Just to give you an idea of the atmosphere I'll paste something here.

A prince fan comments:
    the difference in these pictures is Prince looks really good and healthy and obviously had no problems speaking and Michael looks like some drag queen alien and from what I can remember he could barely speak in sentences at that news conference.
    Then an MJ fans steps in and replies:
    One could also argue that the difference between these pictures is that Michael looks really good and healthy and obviously had no problems speaking and Prince looks like some drag queen alien and from I remember he looked like a nasty mofo.

Nice...
    Ridiculous shit! On a lighter note, maybe he is heading where MJ is <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> Til the strom is over.
  • SkySky Posts: 62
    Looks like the same red curtain back drop as in those pictures of Michael popping up.

And doesn't Prince look awfully "MJ-ish"? His shirt and the sunglasses... reminds me alot of what Michael (or whoever it was) wore for the 02 announcement.

Also I find the title interesting, "Welcome 2 America", because I've heard Prince speak about how he doesn't support politics. I don't know, his speech just makes me think that it's going to be more than just a concert.

Not to mention, the photo, one of his eyes is covered...makes me think of the illuminati.

And about the "purple day in December". Obviously he's referring to "Purple Rain", right? But I thought about looking deeper into the meaning of the color purple.
    Purple is the color of good judgment. It is the color of people seeking spiritual fulfillment. It is said if you surround yourself with purple you will have peace of mind. Purple is a good color to use in meditation.

Purple has been used to symbolize magic and mystery, as well as royalty. Being the combination of red and blue, the warmest and coolest colors, purple is believed to be the ideal color. Most children love the color purple. Purple is the color most favored by artists. Thursday's color is purple.

Also, regarding violet crystals -
    Violet gemstones are associated with mysticism and purification. They are used for meditation and to sharpen psychic awareness, connection with higher self, and to increase imagination and inspiration.
    <!-- m -->http://crystal-cure.com/purple.html<!-- m -->

Just thought it was interesting...

YES! And YES!

jawdrop2.gif

from wat i read and heard bout him and mike

Again I amjawdrop2.gif

And that was brought to you by...? Right, the MEDIA. And what does Mike always say...?

"Just because it's in print doesn't mean it's the gospel."
  • no not from media i do not belive them i got it from books bot michael can we plz let tis go i'm sorry if i upset any 1
  • not another 02 press conference again <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • same glasses, same identical shirt(eventhough michael designs were sliver) the red curtain, and 2 sentences???

[youtube:3likgsg2]
    no not from media i do not belive them i got it from books bot michael can we plz let tis go i'm sorry if i upset any 1

You didn't upset me at all. I am just very curious where you got that from. I never heard Mike say he hated Prince, and I never heard Prince say he hated Mike. As far as I am concerned it was a healthy and friendly rivalry between them and in my opinion they had respect for each other. I even think they might have been better friends than any of us have ever known.