MJ's New Album-Pitting Family against Friends?

SinderellaSinderella Posts: 1,334
edited October 2010 in News
Source:http://www.showbiz411.com/2010/10/27/michael-jackson-new-album-stalled
It’s not easy putting out this new Michael Jackson album. In fact, it’s turned into a war among family and friends.

There are big, big problems concerning which tracks to put on an album of unreleased material that’s supposed to be in stores for Christmas. Right now, even as you read this, Sony Music is struggling with all the parties involved to finalize details and start making CDs.

The biggest issues have come because of what’s known as the “Cascio” tracks. Five of them are so good that they’ve been slated for inclusion. But there’s the rub. According to sources, co-executor John McClain has poisoned the water with Katherine Jackson regarding the Cascio family. On Monday, Mrs. Jackson apparently insisted that no tracks from the Cascio sessions be included.

Adding to the anti-Cascio field are Tito Jackson‘s sons, known as the 3 T’s. The middle T, Taryll, is said to be very bitter about the Cascios. “For years the T’s tried to get Michael to record their songs,” says an insider. “Now they’re faced with the fact that Michael recorded with the Cascios, and not them. They’re not happy.”

Adding to the trouble is that the T’s and McClain have evidently drawn Michael’s two eldest children into the fight. Prince and Paris were with their father when he stayed at the New Jersey home of close family friends Dominic and Connie Cascio from August to November, 2007. They witnessed their father working with Cascio sons Eddie and Frank, and singer Bobby Ewing.

The Ts, who are close to the children, especially Terrell, according to sources, have pressured the children to say the vocals on the tracks are not those of their father. Initially, Prince Jackson, 13, had vouched for the recordings. But recently, an email was sent to the estate’s executors from Paris, 11, claiming the voice belongs to an impostor. The only problem, sources say, is that the email was time stamped while Paris was in school.

In the end, it may not matter what the Ts, Michael’s children, or his mother, or John McClain thinks. Sony made a deal with the estate earlier this year that could be worth $200 million. They’re so keen on the Cascio tracks they even hired forensic audiologists to make sure the vocals are Michael’s and not those of an imitator. The Jackson family will likely have to accept those findings and let the estate and Sony proceed with the album.

Hmmm...Thoughts everyone??
This album is meant to be about to shipped out worldwide for sale in November..and they are still deciding on tracks....
I don't see this being out before Xmas..Sorry.Those on pre order,I think you're looking at Jan..earliest!

Comments

• I think it's interesting in itself that they even acknowledge the possibility of it being an imposter...

But I have to question the accuracy of this article because there are many typo's...3T is referred to as The 3 Ts, lol... and Taryll is spelled differently each time.
  • SinderellaSinderella Posts: 1,334
    I think it's interesting in itself that they even acknowledge the possibility of it being an imposter...

But I have to question the accuracy of this article because there are many typo's...3T is referred to as The 3 Ts, lol... and Taryll is spelled differently each time.

I question the accuracy of any article to do with Michael Jackson,his family or Sony since forever.

All I know is that for an album which is LONG awaited by millions,IS a Michael Jackson album,and could be a number one seller for Xmas 2010 there is ZERO promo or marketing being done for it globally.Personally,it is my belief that it is nowhere near coming out in November.
    If this article is accurate...it doesn't even have a complete track list yet.
  • I think the important part of this message is that Sony "hired a forensic audiologist" to determine if it is Michael's voice. It's notable that they are mentioning a possible imposter. It will be interesting to see where this leads...I'm betting that the family and Sony are in on this together...another piece of the Bam. They test his DNA, his voice....what else? Handwriting on the will???
  • ijcslyijcsly Posts: 128
    maybe we could snag a forensic audiologist to compare O2 Mike with our MJ and whilst
    they're at it let them compare Dave Dave on LK to our MJ <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    If it notifies this one it is real <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> ... this becomes very interesting <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • All I know is that for an album which is LONG awaited by millions,IS a Michael Jackson album,and could be a number one seller for Xmas 2010 there is ZERO promo or marketing being done for it globally.

A new Michael Jackson album doesn't need huge promotional campaigns right now, the sales will skyrocket anyway. Like you said - the album is long awaited by millions, and everybody already knows it's coming, whenever that may be, and will buy it.
    I think the important part of this message is that Sony "hired a forensic audiologist" to determine if it is Michael's voice. It's notable that they are mentioning a possible imposter. It will be interesting to see where this leads...I'm betting that the family and Sony are in on this together...another piece of the Bam. They test his DNA, his voice....what else? Handwriting on the will???

Yeah I agree,if there is a pt2 i will get it up asap.

They need to get someone in to get EVERYTHING tested LOL.
    Like IJCSLY suggests
    maybe we could snag a forensic audiologist to compare O2 Mike with our MJ and whilst they're at it let them compare Dave Dave on LK to our MJ <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

I reckon if we all put a few ££ $$ Euros in haha,we'd have enough for a session with one in no time.EH,if Justice can raise $800 from selling 'rocks of love' pretty sure we could get a forensic audiologist!!
    If it notifies this one it is real <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> ... this becomes very interesting <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

Well,like i said i will keep my eye out for more on it,and try validate it with more info if its out there (Y)
    All I know is that for an album which is LONG awaited by millions,IS a Michael Jackson album,and could be a number one seller for Xmas 2010 there is ZERO promo or marketing being done for it globally.

A new Michael Jackson album doesn't need huge promotional campaigns right now, the sales will skyrocket anyway. Like you said - the album is long awaited by millions, and everybody already knows it's coming, whenever that may be, and will buy it.

I know it is MJ,and he doesn't need the 'usual' campaigns artists have 99% of the time however,to a huge portion of the population MJ is gone.Those people won't be checking for a release date.My father is a massive Michael Jackson fan and he didn't have a clue.So I know what your saying, but there needs to be SOME and so far i've seen NONE.
  • I agree with all of this - seems odd that there is no mention of a new CD coming out...even on MichaelJackson.com. The only thing they have on there is the DVD box set of short films.

I thought there was a producer for this CD (ughh - can't remember the name) and if that is the case, wouldn't this person be in charge of coordinating what music goes onto the CD? Why McClain and T3 and Katherine? Something doesn't sound right by this story so I have to consider most of this story untrue until I hear more. Thanks for posting this Sind!!
  • darkchilddarkchild Posts: 1,161
    maybe we could snag a forensic audiologist to compare O2 Mike with our MJ and whilst
    they're at it let them compare Dave Dave on LK to our MJ <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

You took the words right out of my mouth. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> You have hit the nail on the head. Excellent point and well-said! Bless you!
    All I know is that for an album which is LONG awaited by millions,IS a Michael Jackson album,and could be a number one seller for Xmas 2010 there is ZERO promo or marketing being done for it globally.

Well-said, Mo. I love it! Bless you! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • cin_pytcin_pyt Posts: 632
    I think the important part of this message is that Sony "hired a forensic audiologist" to determine if it is Michael's voice. It's notable that they are mentioning a possible imposter. It will be interesting to see where this leads...I'm betting that the family and Sony are in on this together...another piece of the Bam. They test his DNA, his voice....what else? Handwriting on the will???

yup here comes BAM. who really did die June 25, 2009? Was it Michael Jackson? I can imagine specials on this like a big unsolved mystery. Where is the real Michael Jackson? BAM!!!! Get ready! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> fake will, fake death, fake autopsy yep something big is gonna happen.
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    For some reason I can just see Michael feeding these kinds of stories to the media, just adding more confusion, planting seeds of doubt about imposters, family fights etc. just like an artist puts a dab of paint here and there. He's creating the hoax masterpiece. I remember in the Lisa Marie fan site she had said that when she first met him she was glad she heard him swear like an ordinary person, something like he didn't care what the media had to say, "F--k the media" or something, and she said that if he noticed that the media had something wrong he was more inclined to just ignore it and let whatever happen, where she wanted to correct the mistake and fight for it. Now he's saying you told lies about me, well then I'll give you plenty of lies to go with. Our challenge is to discern media TRASH (cans) from truth.

Could someone give me the link to where Lisa and Michael's chronological relationship is because my computer was redone? Thanks.
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    But recently, an email was sent to the estate’s executors from Paris, 11, claiming the voice belongs to an impostor. The only problem, sources say, is that the email was time stamped while Paris was in school.
    <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

I don't think that people know that an album is supposed to be released.... even fans are not all aware, and I also think that even if it is Michael Jackson some advertisement is required... just to let people know. Now we are almost in November...and if we take into consideration all the process that is behind the release of an album... all over the world it stays very little time... but I'm not an expert.
    But recently, an email was sent to the estate’s executors from Paris, 11, claiming the voice belongs to an impostor. The only problem, sources say, is that the email was time stamped while Paris was in school.
    <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

I don't think that people know that an album is supposed to be released.... even fans are not all aware, and I also think that even if it is Michael Jackson some advertisement is required... just to let people know. Now we are almost in November...and if we take into consideration all the process that is behind the release of an album... all over the world it stays very little time... but I'm not an expert.

No,your exactly right Sarah.I was with a friend yesterday,she doesn't work in the same industry as me,she is your typical very normal member of the general public.She is a MJ fan,always has been.I told her while we were in the car with an MJ cd on that he was supposed to have a new album out....*while trying to convert her to being a believer lol*she had NO clue about it.She hadn't heard a thing or seen any advertising for it <<<Her own words.
    As big as Michael Jackson is,the majority of people don't look into things, don't read emails they sign up for say from amazon or HMV or wherever...they NEED to see posters,marketing,TV commercials and so on.But there is nothing.
    Record labels are about 2things money and making more of it,it isn't news and everyone knows it.They will target as many groups of the public as possible to get an album sold.MJ is no exception.

@VFTS you're welcome <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    Could someone give me the link to where Lisa and Michael's chronological relationship is because my computer was redone? Thanks.

Do you mean when it started or the thread or what doll?Let me know and I will happily sort you a link out x
  • Bee BeeBee Bee Posts: 391
    I think it's really sad and kinda telling that Michael's family is struggling with the Cascios and bearing them such ill will. From what we know, the Cascios have always been very close and loyal to Michael, unlike his family... Those songs should be released.
  • trublutrublu Posts: 1,011
    I hate to quote the Sun but..
    Jacko clan fury at CD 'imposter'

By PETE SAMSON, US Editor

Published: Today
    Add a comment (5)

A BLOCKBUSTER new Michael Jackson CD is under threat - because his family say some songs are by an IMPOSTER.

The album was set to trigger a Christmas sales bonanza.

But furious relatives of the tragic superstar claim Jacko did NOT sing on some of the tracks. Their objections could delay the CD - the first with unreleased Jackson material since his death last year.

Tribute ... family service for Jackson

The wrangle could complicate a £125million deal between music giant Sony and the singer's estate.

Jacko expert Roger Friedman said family members are particularly unhappy about several songs recorded by friends of the Thriller star in 2007. They claim the tracks do not include his voice. It is thought Jacko's children have been drawn into the row.

They are being asked to say whether their father was staying in New Jersey with pals when the songs were recorded there.

A forensic audiologist has also been asked to test whether the vocals are the singer's.

A Jacko source said: "With so many rivals wanting control of Michael's legacy a new album was never going to be easy.

"Sony want this ironed out quickly. If they get this out for Christmas it will sell boatloads."

Jacko was 50 when he died after taking a cocktail of drugs.

Former bodyguard Matt Fiddes said he discussed with Jackson's brother Jermaine the possibility of "kidnapping" the star to get him off prescription drugs.

Fiddes said: "We talked of getting him away from the doctors and people around him who were supplying this stuff."

<!-- m -->http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... oster.html<!-- m -->

I find the imposter part interesting and that they apparently wanted to kidnap him?? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
    I hate to quote the Sun but..
    Jacko clan fury at CD 'imposter'

By PETE SAMSON, US Editor

Published: Today
    Add a comment (5)

A BLOCKBUSTER new Michael Jackson CD is under threat - because his family say some songs are by an IMPOSTER.

The album was set to trigger a Christmas sales bonanza.

But furious relatives of the tragic superstar claim Jacko did NOT sing on some of the tracks. Their objections could delay the CD - the first with unreleased Jackson material since his death last year.

Tribute ... family service for Jackson

The wrangle could complicate a £125million deal between music giant Sony and the singer's estate.

Jacko expert Roger Friedman said family members are particularly unhappy about several songs recorded by friends of the Thriller star in 2007. They claim the tracks do not include his voice. It is thought Jacko's children have been drawn into the row.

They are being asked to say whether their father was staying in New Jersey with pals when the songs were recorded there.

A forensic audiologist has also been asked to test whether the vocals are the singer's.

A Jacko source said: "With so many rivals wanting control of Michael's legacy a new album was never going to be easy.

"Sony want this ironed out quickly. If they get this out for Christmas it will sell boatloads."

Jacko was 50 when he died after taking a cocktail of drugs.

Former bodyguard Matt Fiddes said he discussed with Jackson's brother Jermaine the possibility of "kidnapping" the star to get him off prescription drugs.

Fiddes said: "We talked of getting him away from the doctors and people around him who were supplying this stuff."
    <!-- m -->http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... oster.html<!-- m -->

I find the imposter part interesting and that they apparently wanted to kidnap him?? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

Think you will find this goes with that and is the whole MF interview :

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/people/michael-jackson-kidnap-plot-revealed-20101029-176wn.html

I stand by what I have previously said-this album is not going to be out in 2010.
    Glad I made this thread now as it's the same story in two seperate media forms and although it is...the sun....it says pretty much the same as my original link.Minus the cocktail of drugs and dying part....that wasn't needed.
    FUCK THE SUN.
  • trublutrublu Posts: 1,011
    FUCK THE SUN.

Indeed!

Thanks for the link. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    FUCK THE SUN.

Indeed!

Thanks for the link. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Your very welcome!!
    Anything else you find related,let me know =]
  • Snoopy71Snoopy71 Posts: 952
    I don't know what to make of this, but someone clearly wants this album released under a "cloud of controversy". <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->

With the talk of doubles and imposters and hoaxes it makes you wonder if this is yet another piece of the hoax? First the O2 announcement, then the movie TII content was questionable, now the new album is too? Even pictures of Michael are being considered questionable ,"photoshopped" or fake. The fact the kids are being brought in to "verify" the voice is suspect (kind of like when they said Prince had to be present when Dr. Murray performed CPR on Michael to validate it.)

Someone is trying to tell us something and they are driving the point home with a hammer! The question is what? ...if it doesn't look like him (O2 announcement), doesn't move like him (TII), doesn't sound like him (new album)....then it's not him? ...and the kids can validate it? <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
    I don't know what to make of this, but someone clearly wants this album released under a "cloud of controversy". <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->

With the talk of doubles and imposters and hoaxes it makes you wonder if this is yet another piece of the hoax? First the O2 announcement, then the movie TII content was questionable, now the new album is too? Even pictures of Michael are being considered questionable ,"photoshopped" or fake. The fact the kids are being brought in to "verify" the voice is suspect (kind of like when they said Prince had to be present when Dr. Murray performed CPR on Michael to validate it.)

Someone is trying to tell us something and they are driving the point home with a hammer! The question is what? ...if it doesn't look like him (O2 announcement), doesn't move like him (TII), doesn't sound like him (new album)....then it's not him? ...and the kids can validate it? <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->

My thoughts exactly snoopy-i love your name also btw

Also while looking at all these things that AREN'T him, lets not forget the game which is now not coming out until 2011 due to them finding out they can make it better..another product worth millions...another delay.The other company behind the game for anyone not in the know-is actually Triumph International-MJ's company being run atm by Al Malnik but with the agents name listed as Vincent Chieffo, c/o John Branca's office address.
    It was halted in 2007 and re started in August 2009 before the forest lawn funeral had even taken place.
    Before he was 'buried' they had started back up the company that owns EVERYTHING with Michael Jackson or his face or image on.I mean...everything from mugs to games to shirts to bath towels.
    You'd think if his estate was so broke they'd be pushing these out to get the dollars rolling in...
    FACT:Al Malnik once claimed he was the biological father of Blanket,and is also Blankets godfather...strange right?
    So who really is running TI?Michael but running it behind these men?
    Also,if TI is part of the estate,doesn't Katherine now have control over it not Branca? or did I just make that up??

Apparently they started making the game when MJ was 'alive'.They needed his dance moves to copy over into the game-obviously as it's a MJ dance game..and it's called the experience...
    however,if you watch the only piece of promo for it available on youtube-where else? you will see the moves aren't top notch,they are less than perfect and since MJ is a perfectionist and is the lord of dance moves....surely he'd make sure it was the best game visually and everything else of all time?He is thr king of breaking records and being the best why not give a shit about a dance game named after you.
    So is he stopping it from coming out or was someone else used to make that game as well as TII/02??
    Who is going to call 'grieving' children liars?Surely they know their own dad's voice...it's foolproof to get them in and give a story.
    Personally I have said for a long time,the kids are a huge part of the answer to all this.

I think the game and album need looking into a lot more closely..AND who is behind them.
  • I don't know what to make of this, but someone clearly wants this album released under a "cloud of controversy". <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->

My thoughts exactly snoopy-i love your name also btw

Also while looking at all these things that AREN'T him, lets not forget the game which is now not coming out until 2011 due to them finding out they can make it better..another product worth millions...another delay.The other company behind the game for anyone not in the know-is actually Triumph International-MJ's company being run atm by Al Malnik but with the agents name listed as Vincent Chieffo, c/o John Branca's office address.
    It was halted in 2007 and re started in August 2009 before the forest lawn funeral had even taken place.
    Before he was 'buried' they had started back up the company that owns EVERYTHING with Michael Jackson or his face or image on.I mean...everything from mugs to games to shirts to bath towels.
    You'd think if his estate was so broke they'd be pushing these out to get the dollars rolling in...
    FACT:Al Malnik once claimed he was the biological father of Blanket,and is also Blankets godfather...strange right?
    So who really is running TI?Michael but running it behind these men?
    Also,if TI is part of the estate,doesn't Katherine now have control over it not Branca? or did I just make that up??

Apparently they started making the game when MJ was 'alive'.They needed his dance moves to copy over into the game-obviously as it's a MJ dance game..and it's called the experience...
    however,if you watch the only piece of promo for it available on youtube-where else? you will see the moves aren't top notch,they are less than perfect and since MJ is a perfectionist and is the lord of dance moves....surely he'd make sure it was the best game visually and everything else of all time?He is thr king of breaking records and being the best why not give a shit about a dance game named after you.
    So is he stopping it from coming out or was someone else used to make that game as well as TII/02??
    Who is going to call 'grieving' children liars?Surely they know their own dad's voice...it's foolproof to get them in and give a story.
    Personally I have said for a long time,the kids are a huge part of the answer to all this.

I think the game and album need looking into a lot more closely..AND who is behind them.

Actually, only the Playstation 3 and the Xbox 360 versions of the game are delayed until 2011.

The Nintendo Wii, the Nintendo DS, and the Playstation Portable versions are still coming out on November 23rd, 2010.
  • There is something I just dont understand...When did the Cascio recordings become part of the 200 million deal with Sony? I thought I had read that other record companies would want to bid for the Cascio collection <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->
    The Jackson estate just signed a record deal with Sony Music that could be worth $200 million, but it includes re-releases of previously recorded music, live albums, and an album of unreleased songs that were in the Sony vaults or recorded during Jackson’s contracted time with the label.

That deal does not include newly discovered material. This could mean that other record companies could bid for the collection of songs.

<!-- m -->http://www.showbiz411.com/2010/05/02/ex ... um-in-2007<!-- m -->

Edit: <!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=48&t=9393&hilit=cascio+collection<!-- l -->
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    Sinderella,
    MJonmind wrote:

Do you mean when it started or the thread or what doll?Let me know and I will happily sort you a link out x
    I believe it's website, blog or something from Lisa. I got it from a link on one of the threads here. It went through events by dates, giving her words about MJ, starting from at least 1992 to almost present. Thanks.
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    " But recently, an email was sent to the estate’s executors from Paris, 11, claiming the voice belongs to an impostor. The only problem, sources say, is that the email was time stamped while Paris was in school."

This is from the original article.....Katherine wouldn't probably know how to use the computer, so maybe it was Michael that sent that email himself, to start all this contraversy
    " But recently, an email was sent to the estate’s executors from Paris, 11, claiming the voice belongs to an impostor. The only problem, sources say, is that the email was time stamped while Paris was in school."

This is from the original article.....Katherine wouldn't probably know how to use the computer, so maybe it was Michael that sent that email himself, to start all this contraversy

Very possible!It's highly confusing.....yet interesting to watch unfold.
    KEEP WATCHIN
    haha
    Actually, only the Playstation 3 and the Xbox 360 versions of the game are delayed until 2011.

The Nintendo Wii, the Nintendo DS, and the Playstation Portable versions are still coming out on November 23rd, 2010.

I will believe that when I see it.I still..and it is Nov 3rd today...am yet to see 1 poster,article,review,TV ad,online commercial,blog,ANYONE talking about it apart from us and people on the youtube video-which I already said about and it looks totally fake.
    I have mentioned it to a number of people who own these consoles and not one of them had a clue it was due out.....so what market are they hoping to reach?Just anyone who happens to be shopping for a new game in November?I don't think so.

I know it's MJ but how do they expect to reach maximum selling potential when it is right on top of xmas,there are at least another 20 games out,a few high profile ones like call of duty-yes I know they aren't in the same catergory but you know what..that means nothing when the sales are counted and the chsrts are compiled.
    Every game...COD or MJ requirs marketing and advertisement at ANY time of year, let alone less than 2months to Christmas.
    They will already lose a ton of money from not having the two main versions xbox and PS3 out in time.