TIAI November 3

13»

Comments

• I think souza has a great idea but it cant be done on this site itself, so as to not impede this progress I have a Idea.

We can open a Sub Site, There can be a main header/gfx/description etc..
    Then a signature list. Each person that donates gets there Name on the Army of L.O.V.E list. The list will be only for the ones that donated.
    A specific charity or foundation can be chosen, legaly easier to choose one specific charity or foundation that is verified.
    The money that is donated which can be 1 dollar and beyond will go into a special escrow foundation.charity account. It will be overseen by The Escrow company so no Hanky panky can happen in any way and no legal issues can be brought.
    Once the Goal is achieved at whatever number that is set(ie, $5000) from the donations which will be shown on top of the signatures then the escrow will announce that money has been sent to the charity/foundation everyone chose to donate to. then a new charity can be chosen from that point on and it just continues.

What ya think.

I think that's an excellent idea, this way we have control over the money we as a group have gathered. This takes away my main concern about donating to charities - many times the money which is donated doesn't end up with the people you donated for and who really need it. That is why I have always preferred donating goods which are really needed or deeds, as in building schools hospitals water wells etcetera, over money. The way Badkolo suggested us to donate alleviates this issue.
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    I give badcolo's plan my vote. We must be organized about this. And I put both hands up to participate. Seems like the Army is mobilizing. Sweet. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> Oh, and I love the whole team aspect of this. All for one and one for all.
  • loyalfanloyalfan Posts: 1,641
    what if micheal can somehow organise a way for us ordinary people to ....
    1.in our own community................collect books,toys,clothes.etc...............any thing needed.
    2.organise a collection of these things....
    3.i would be more than happy to do this,and store them at my home until collection.
    unfortunately,as micheal surely understands.a lot of us have little money to actually post stuff,
    so if that would be a possibility,to compile a list of us who will help
    then orgainise collection
    I AM READY TO START STRAIGHT AWAY....xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    I think souza has a great idea but it cant be done on this site itself, so as to not impede this progress I have a Idea.

Then a signature list. Each person that donates gets there Name on the Army of L.O.V.E list. The list will be only for the ones that donated.
    A specific charity or foundation can be chosen, legaly easier to choose one specific charity or foundation that is verified.
    The money that is donated which can be 1 dollar and beyond will go into a special escrow foundation.charity account. It will be overseen by The Escrow company so no Hanky panky can happen in any way and no legal issues can be brought.
    Once the Goal is achieved at whatever number that is set(ie, $5000) from the donations which will be shown on top of the signatures then the escrow will announce that money has been sent to the charity/foundation everyone chose to donate to. then a new charity can be chosen from that point on and it just continues.

What ya think.

That's a great idea, kinda like I proposed but I had never heard of The Escrow Company. This should be easy to organize as well and motivate people to donate.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• AdiAdi Posts: 1,834
    I think souza has a great idea but it cant be done on this site itself, so as to not impede this progress I have a Idea.

What ya think.

This is a really great idea. I think it could work very well.
    <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • First of all, excellent ideas Souza, I'm in all the way and I fully support this initiative. I think this is the best way to start this movement. If you allow me, I would like to add some comments to each of your great suggestions:
    1.)- I once watched a video on YouTube and I thought it was a fantastic idea. They printed a fake New York Times that made up good news, to see how people would react.

As you can see people get happy from good news, and I think good news should be published more, to bring hope and positiveness back. I don't think we should make something up, but search for the good news (that is mostly somewhere on the last page between some annoying ads), and publish them on a seperate site. One way or another we need to make sure this "good news" site is known world-wide and of course we need someone (or more than one) to manage and update this site. Mo and I have our hands full with this one, so if there are people willing and able to start such a project, shout out! If we link it to this one, we know we won't get the attention we should want, but if we make a seperate site that doesn't have Michael Jackson Death Hoax on the front page, we might get some attention and if we will get lot's of visitors on there, we might even get some income from ads which we can donate to charity. We can post the same on this website, but I think that if the two sites are linked, people would more easily click away. Once people know this is all a hoax and accept its purpose, it wouldn't be a big deal anymore, but before that, my opinion is to keep the sites seperate. We can use this forum to collect the articles, so that the one(s) managing the site can copy and paste it from here. I think that if we also publish good news about celebs (besides all other good news) instead of the gossip and slander we see on Entertainment Something etc., the chances of getting attention will even be bigger. Let me know your thoughts on it.

You are absolutely right, we shouldn't be connected to the hoax, because we will lose a lot of credibility and readers. We should aim to restore the decency and honor in journalism, bring back hope for a better world and increase the faith in good and in people generally. We need to become a brand, something connected to the Army of LOVE (It's all for L.O.V.E.), to have distinct traits, logo, objectives and strategies, like a real movement to change the world. We can write and post objective journalistic reports, have special columns in which we present dedicated people who have struggled to do something good in this world, for people, environment, humanity... We can bring awareness to critical issues in this world that are left aside by the media, we can support honorable initiatives, we can post free links and ads of charity organizations that we find as trustworthy, encouraging people to donate. We can write articles to restore the name of stars who are cruelly attacked by the media (Michael as well as others). We can try to debunk some of the BS that is posted in the media, we can try to find untold stories about simple and famous people, without searching for scandals and gossip, but for the good side of people. And this list can go on forever, because the main purpose is to be different, to be reliable, honest, decent and to bring hope instead of fear or despair.

I graduated journalism, but never practiced due to the lack of freedom of expression, decency and honor. However, I would be more than happy to write articles, columns and reports for our project and to use my abilities to this purpose. Although I must admit I have a pretty tight schedule at work, I will manage somehow to write the assigned column/article in time, if we shall go for this option (site), which I see as one of the best ways to start spreading the message.
    2.)- Another idea is to open a thread where people can post their daily good deeds. I always try to do something for someone else each day, whether that is a colleague, a friend or someone at the local supermarket. I think that if people post that in a thread on the forum, it will motivate others to do the same. Even the small things like helping old people cross the street or help your colleague out when he or she is so busy they don't know where to start again.

That will be very helpful.
    3.)- Just an idea when you have to organize a day at work with your colleagues. Instead of going on a survival trip, or something like that, you can do something for someone else. Here in Holland there are foundations that introduce companies to a charity where they can help out, for example taking children that are ill to the zoo, helping out on a farm where they take in abused and sick animals or taking the elderly who are lonely for a day out. Just a few examples of the possibilities. It's fun, good for the teambuilding whithin your company and most of all: you help out. Lots of volunteers rely on donations, but also hard labour is very well appreciated!

Wow, I should really suggest this to my board.
    4.)- Many old people are lonely. People take in abandoned animals, adopt children that need a chance in life, but the elderly are often forgotten. Why not adopt a grandma/mother or a grandpa/father who is lonely? Visiting them once a week, doing some groceries for them, taking them out on a trip sometimes and make sure they are not alone with Christmas does a LOT for these people. I think it's shameful that so many old people who made sure we can live the lives we live today, are left behind to die alone.

This is indeed a problem, we should take more care of the elderly.
    5.)- Go through your house and see if you have stuff you haven't used in ages. If you don't use it, you don't need it. Donate it to the Salvation Army, or other organisations like that. Give it to a neighbour or a friend who can use it, or sell it all and donate the money to charity. Your house will be more tidy and someone else is happy, a win-win situation. I am probably moving out of my house soon and my whole basement is full of stuff I haven't used in years. I won't take it with me but donate it to an organisation who will GIVE (not sell) the stuff to people who need it. If you know people in need yourself, go bring it yourself. The happy faces will give you a nice boost and will motivate you to do it more often.

Very true, it is really rewarding when you do that, trust me!
    6.)- For those who dare and are well-spoken; contact your (old) school and ask if you can give a lecture on L.O.V.E. There are many good writers on this board and if some could write a good presentation, we could translate it into our own language and use it. We could represent a non-profit organisation with the same name as the website mentioned in point 1, and draw more attention to it. I must say I don't like to speak in public at all, but if someone would be able to present a fantastic speech, I might grow myself some balls to do it.

Good idea.
    7.)- I think we should choose one or two global charities we will support on this site. Bringing attention to their work by giving them a full page on the website where we explain their work and link to their website. Because I know there are organisations that are not trustworthy, I suggest we take some from the list that Mike supported (as I assume he only gave money to organisations of which he knew would actually use the money for the good) and make a poll or something to choose one or two, so everyone (or most) will agree on it. I say we go for a charity that helps children in need. Not only because they are what Mike has been fighting for his whole life, but because they really are the future, we need to make sure they have one. If we make sure they will have proper education, a loving childhood and healthy food, the rest will get better as well. My hope is that one day we need to open a dictionary or history book to what charity was all about, because we don't need it anymore. Maybe a little too optimistic, but that is how it should be.

Very very true, as I previously said, we can post free ads on that new site and presenting the organizations in detail, to encourage involvement and create trust.
    8.)- Last but not least, as we are here because of one person only, we should continue to get Mike's name cleared. I am busy translating the article of Forbes Everett Landis {http://education.ezinemark.com/does-american-dream-have-to-die-with-michael-jackson-16b169402f1.html} to Dutch and I am going to send it, along with an intro, as a letter to every Dutch newspaper, hoping one or more will publish it. Once I finish it, I will post it in a seperate thread, so other Dutch members can use it for whatever necessary. Maybe others can find the time to do the same in their own language.

I am working on the same thing as well, translating that article into Romanian. Should we create a thread to put all the translated articles in different languages?

LOVE,
    Andy
  • These are great ideas, ppl! I have as few questions though:

It is okay to spread the idea via Twitter and Facebook?

My second question: How do I get people's attention in my Facebook network? I feel that 85% of the time when I write something on the wall on FB, it gets ignored or a few may comment, but that's it. Usually, I'll get mostly "Likes" on many of my statuses and/or several from this forum and the other forum will comment. Or a few close friends may as well.
    Basically, I'm talking about many of the people I graduated with from high school and 8th grade. How do I get them to pay attention? <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891

What ya think.

This is a great idea! But for a start we've already started talking about donating to an orphanage to make the change. Here's the link of the post if you would like to join us. Since we set up for the new web-page, we can start doing somethings here too. We don't need to make the donation right now. We will wait since the new page will be created but we can start making the list here for the ones who would like to join it. What do you guys think?

http://michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15371&p=257370#p257370
    I think we should take a breath and that we should think about making a thread where people can post whatever charity they want. We will see which ones are verified and will create a poll as to which one we should start with. The one with the most votes will be first, then the one with the second most votes, etc. In that way everyone will be involved.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

I think we should take a breath and that we should think about making a thread where people can post whatever charity they want. We will see which ones are verified and will create a poll as to which one we should start with. The one with the most votes will be first, then the one with the second most votes, etc. In that way everyone will be involved.

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited that I can not even take a breath lol. I'm SOOOOOOOO happy to see we're finally starting doing something all together. This is definitely going to make a change! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

• PureLove, I'm excited and happy as well about this positive development as well as I understand and share your enthusiasm but...let's take one step at the time. Remember, Rome wasn't built in one day either. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

This whole new turn needs to be looked into, worked out and a plan has to be created. If we just rush into things the chance of not succeeding is big, and that's something we wouldn't want. Failing or a messy action would harm the initiative. We can only start this once, so I strongly suggest we first create a solid foundation to start from.

I want to add that if someone wants to take the initiative to run a website for all this, I am fully prepared to design a website for it, at no costs of course. If desired, I will provide a fully functioning website, but the initiator will have to take care of the updates him/herself.
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    Enjoy this video
    [youtube:20b78ck0]

God bless you, Paula, today and every day!
  • These are great ideas, ppl! I have as few questions though:

My second question: How do I get people's attention in my Facebook network? I feel that 85% of the time when I write something on the wall on FB, it gets ignored or a few may comment, but that's it. Usually, I'll get mostly "Likes" on many of my statuses and/or several from this forum and the other forum will comment. Or a few close friends may as well.
    Basically, I'm talking about many of the people I graduated with from high school and 8th grade. How do I get them to pay attention? <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->

Anyone? I have a lot in my network who don't comment a lot on my statuses. How do I get them to pay attention? Any suggestions? <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> xD
  • I think souza has a great idea but it cant be done on this site itself, so as to not impede this progress I have a Idea.

Then a signature list. Each person that donates gets there Name on the Army of L.O.V.E list. The list will be only for the ones that donated.A specific charity or foundation can be chosen, legaly easier to choose one specific charity or foundation that is verified.

What ya think.
    I don't have a problem with this idea but, I do have a problem with the highlighted part. If someone (like myself) doesn't want attention drawn to their charity work, naming them out loud is uncomfortable.
    Also putting some out front and not others makes some people feel inferior.

<!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_News<!-- m -->
    Street News is a street newspaper sold by homeless in New York City, USA. Established in 1989, it is the earliest modern street paper still extant and the beginning of the American street newspaper movement. It aimed to provide a way of self-sufficiency to the many homeless and unemployed in New York.

I know of this Street News because in my area where I live I see the homeless selling the newspaper in front of stores where people shop.
    Example store: New Seasons.

I also see every day Jehova Witnesses "pioneering" only instead of walking miles and door to door, they set up lawn chairs and sit in front of a beauty supply store
    (on the corner) and pass out the Awake magazine to passerbys.

I also know they go door to door but, the main idea is to set up on a corner where traffic is heavy. This is a non-threatening way to get the news to people. If someone doesn't want the info no big deal. The amount of people who pass by on a daily is huge so eventually the paper will get into someones hands.
    The info I provided is to show how this can be accomplished.

<!-- m -->http://www.streetnewsservice.org/<!-- m -->
    This website can be used as an example for ideas.
    <!-- m -->http://www.streetnewsservice.org/search ... te=English<!-- m -->

Peace
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864

My second question: How do I get people's attention in my Facebook network? How do I get them to pay attention? <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->

Bumping this again as it went unnoticed:
    there are some useful sites in the web providing information on what is about using social media like facebook, twitter etc. for charity purposes etc.
    (P.S. some useful techniques for non-profit organizations may be learned from <!-- e --><a href="mailto:heather@diosacommunications.com">heather@diosacommunications.com</a><!-- e --> who sends out interesting newsletters and facts for NGO/NPO.)
  • It is okay to spread the idea via Twitter and Facebook?

My second question: How do I get people's attention in my Facebook network? How do I get them to pay attention? <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->

Bumping this again as it went unnoticed:
    there are some useful sites in the web providing information on what is about using social media like facebook, twitter etc. for charity purposes etc.
    (P.S. some useful techniques for non-profit organizations may be learned from <!-- e --><a href="mailto:heather@diosacommunications.com">heather@diosacommunications.com</a><!-- e --> who sends out interesting newsletters and facts for NGO/NPO.)

Thanks, Grace. =]
    Ok, so what do we do? Are we going to create a new web-page? Some of the believers say that they don't want their names to be seen on the donation list. Can we find a solution to that? I think to be anonymous is way so much better too. Are there any volunteers to create the web-page? Or is the new section of the Charities of this forum is enough for us? Need your opinions guys.
  • <!-- s:ugeek: -->:ugeek:<!-- s:ugeek: -->
    Just a thought.

I think since it is supposed to be money donated to a charity, "We" as members of The army of L.O.V.E. should be the name it is donated under to the charity as a group effort.

Anyone who donates to the fund could do it anonomously. Is it really necessary to put names on a list to show who did what and who didn't ?

This topic went stale for the last 5 days...

Oh I know why because there is "Breaking News" <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

See how easily we can get distracted?
    <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
    Peace
  • Ok, so what do we do? Are we going to create a new web-page? Some of the believers say that they don't want their names to be seen on the donation list. Can we find a solution to that? I think to be anonymous is way so much better too. Are there any volunteers to create the web-page? Or is the new section of the Charities of this forum is enough for us? Need your opinions guys.

My preference at this stage of the Hoax is to use the new charity section of this forum rather than a web page - it is simple and enable people to participate in discussion and contribute to charities without being placed under pressure to do so, this can then develop into something else later.
    I also favour anonymity as list of "names" will place unnecessary pressure on individuals and at the end of the day, charity needs to come from the Heart rather than peer pressure.

This is my humble opinion - I favour keeping things simple initially and see how it develops before investing time in creating a more dedicated "infrastructure". The Hoax in itself (as pointed out by Im_convinced) is a big distraction and we have still much to learn about our journey and final destination.

PureLove feel free to PM me if you wish to discuss further.

With L.O.V.E
    Ok, so what do we do? Are we going to create a new web-page? Some of the believers say that they don't want their names to be seen on the donation list. Can we find a solution to that? I think to be anonymous is way so much better too. Are there any volunteers to create the web-page? Or is the new section of the Charities of this forum is enough for us? Need your opinions guys.

My preference at this stage of the Hoax is to use the new charity section of this forum rather than a web page - it is simple and enable people to participate in discussion and contribute to charities without being placed under pressure to do so, this can then develop into something else later.
    I also favour anonymity as list of "names" will place unnecessary pressure on individuals and at the end of the day, charity needs to come from the Heart rather than peer pressure.

This is my humble opinion - I favour keeping things simple initially and see how it develops before investing time in creating a more dedicated "infrastructure". The Hoax in itself (as pointed out by Im_convinced) is a big distraction and we have still much to learn about our journey and final destination.

With L.O.V.E

A list of names is not a good idea for many reasons. I don't think we should discuss in PM, but I think we should discuss whaat to do further. We can just post the charities on here, which will be highly ignored (not very busy in those sections yet) or we can make a seperate website and make the group bigger. But in that case someone really needs to stand up to volunteer managing the website (someone who can design websites and work with Dreamweaver etc.).

• SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    It seems that nobody is willing/has the skills/has the time to admin the website (I personally have no skills at all in this aera and not many time). Also as stated, a lot of things happened with the hoax development so not everydoby is concentrating on the charity sub-forum... maybe that it should be 'advertised' differently in the sub-forum sections because you have to scroll down the whole page to 'find' it... I don't know if it is possible to 'elevate' it? (I don't even use the proper vocabulary I hope I am clear enough <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> ).

Well, all this is still in my mind even if I have not posted much about the subject. It is just that nothing is very clear for the moment apart from the fact that we have to do something together as part of the 'Army of Love'. I think that a first step would be to raise the interest in that mission for what it is, meaning not only giving to charities but rather emphazising on the concept of acting as a whole, a team, with the idea that together we can make a change even if we do not move mountains. It is the gesture/the intent that counts after all. So in my little mind the first step is to raise interest in the charities sub-forum section in order to gather information, ideas etc. ... information that will be used in the potential future website. I see the charity section as a kind of think-thank. We must find/think/reflect on what is going to be put in that website too. This will also be less 'fearful' for a potential website manager... maybe that people will be more willing to do the job. Blessings.
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    I didn´t even know what dreamweaver was <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> , surely i won´t make a good site administrator.

Seems like not many are stepping in to take that responsability, so in this case, better to work the charity/ advice pages already created within this forum?
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    I didn´t even know what dreamweaver was <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: --> , surely i won´t make a good site administrator.

Seems like not many are stepping in to take that responsability, so in this case, better to work the charity/ advice pages already created within this forum?

I still don't know what Dreamweaver is about <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> but the name of that software sounds good *dream weaver* ... let us dream .... and yes I think that working on the charity sub-forum is a necessary and almost compulsory start as per the recent hoax related times we're living..."Breaking news" is still a ... breaking ... news... needs time.

I noticed that the sub-forum has been 'elevated' <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

With L.O.V.E

A list of names is not a good idea for many reasons. I don't think we should discuss in PM, but I think we should discuss whaat to do further. We can just post the charities on here, which will be highly ignored (not very busy in those sections yet) or we can make a seperate website and make the group bigger. But in that case someone really needs to stand up to volunteer managing the website (someone who can design websites and work with Dreamweaver etc.).

I can not create a web-page as I have no clue about doing that stuff but I can manage and take care of the new web-page. Making posts, telling it to people. I can do it all. I have so much time to do it as I work at home as a scriptwriter and I can have lots of free time especially when I'm done with the script. Just let me know what we all want to do. And I'm here. Actually on the post I made on the Charities section, we made a start and found out some of the orphanages that we can make the donation to. So we can make the same post somewhere else where everyone else can see and start doing it right now.
    As this was not seen or simply ignored, just wanted to re-post it.

Souza, how about asking the members about this issue? Do they want a new web-page to be created or do they want to stay here and keep on talking about the issue on the charities section? Can you make a post to all members of this forum? Or maybe a topic about it? Because I don't believe that all of the members are aware of the situation. Maybe there will be some volunteers who can create the web-page after they all hear what we're trying to do.