Place For Faith/KEEPING THE FAITH

Comments

• Also, just to warn you Poetry, the mods may move your thread to the General section since there is already a thread similar here: <!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=59&t=15293<!-- l -->. Just giving you a heads up.
  • "God does not command that we do great things, only little things with great love." Mother Teresa
  • Also, just to warn you Poetry, the mods may move your thread to the General section since there is already a thread similar here: <!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=59&t=15293<!-- l -->. Just giving you a heads up.

I went ahead and merged the posts from that topic with this one. They were created with the same intent, so now we can keep it all in one place!

Great ideas PoetryInMotion and MJsBabyDoll!
  • Hello everybody!

There are so many wonderful messages here and I wanted to respond with a few verses that apply to so many different messages from "those having an off-day" like the forum category says, so I said to myself "why not have just an entire place where we can come together during those off-days and inspire each other through God's strength and share some scripture and love?" I hope that's okay that I started this new topic here.

I will start off with 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, talking about L.O.V.E........

"It does not delight in evil,
    But rejoices in the truth.
    It always protects, trusts, hopes, and preserves.
    There is nothing love cannot face;
    There is no limit to its faith, hope, and endurance.
    In a word, there are three things that last forever:
    Faith, hope, and love;
    But the greatest of them all is love."

Above my bed I have part of 1 Corinthians..."Love is patient, Love is kind. Love always protects, always trusts. always hopes, always perseveres."

And on the other wall I have "Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away" ...I LOVE that!! I see it everyday when I wake up and it puts me in a peaceful and grateful mood and ready to start the day. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • Hello everybody!

There are so many wonderful messages here and I wanted to respond with a few verses that apply to so many different messages from "those having an off-day" like the forum category says, so I said to myself "why not have just an entire place where we can come together during those off-days and inspire each other through God's strength and share some scripture and love?" I hope that's okay that I started this new topic here.

I will start off with 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, talking about L.O.V.E........

"It does not delight in evil,
    But rejoices in the truth.
    It always protects, trusts, hopes, and preserves.
    There is nothing love cannot face;
    There is no limit to its faith, hope, and endurance.
    In a word, there are three things that last forever:
    Faith, hope, and love;
    But the greatest of them all is love."

Do You Know How Much Your Love Means... Do You Know Know How Many Hearts You've Lifted... Your Love Is Healing.... Such A Beautiful Feeling.... Your Love Is Precious... Keep Shining Through The Darkest Season...Your Life Has Such A Perfect Reason...
    [youtube:2ii916pd]
  • Kahlil Gibran on Love

When love beckons to you, follow him,
    Though his ways are hard and steep.
    And when his wings enfold you yield to him,
    Though the sword hidden among his pinions may wound you.
    And when he speaks to you believe in him,
    Though his voice may shatter your dreams
    as the north wind lays waste the garden.

For even as love crowns you so shall he crucify you. Even as he is for your growth so is he for your pruning.
    Even as he ascends to your height and caresses your tenderest branches that quiver in the sun,
    So shall he descend to your roots and shake them in their clinging to the earth.

Like sheaves of corn he gathers you unto himself.
    He threshes you to make you naked.
    He sifts you to free you from your husks.
    He grinds you to whiteness.
    He kneads you until you are pliant;
    And then he assigns you to his sacred fire, that you may become sacred bread for God's sacred feast.

All these things shall love do unto you that you may know the secrets of your heart, and in that knowledge become a fragment of Life's heart.

But if in your fear you would seek only love's peace and love's pleasure,
    Then it is better for you that you cover your nakedness and pass out of love's threshing-floor,
    Into the seasonless world where you shall laugh, but not all of your laughter, and weep, but not all of your tears.
    Love gives naught but itself and takes naught but from itself.
    Love possesses not nor would it be possessed;
    For love is sufficient unto love.

When you love you should not say, "God is in my heart," but rather, "I am in the heart of God."
    And think not you can direct the course of love, for love, if it finds you worthy, directs your course.

Love has no other desire but to fulfill itself.
    But if you love and must needs have desires, let these be your desires:
    To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night.
    To know the pain of too much tenderness.
    To be wounded by your own understanding of love;
    And to bleed willingly and joyfully.
    To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving;
    To rest at the noon hour and meditate love's ecstasy;
    To return home at eventide with gratitude;
    And then to sleep with a prayer for the beloved in your heart and a song of praise upon your lips.
  • And this is the ultimate in love for self and faith in family.. Out of the mouths of babes...

[youtube:20pq6e7w]
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    Great thread. I also think that faith in God can be found in all the Creation and it is so vast that finally everything brought us back to God. I don't know why but I love little birds, in front of the window of my kitchen there is cherry tree (I looove cherries) and often in the morning there are tits coming there and I don't know why but I love them so much and they remind me God and it gives me strength just to stare at them. That's why I have birds in my dreams... (now I understand <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> ). In fact faith can be found in all the Creation "Faith is found in the winds" Michael sings, that's so true. God bless you all.

Mesange-C.jpg
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.
    Mother Teresa

Faith has to do with things that are not seen and hope with things that are not at hand.
    Thomas Aquinos
  • It's wonderful to see so many positive and faith filled messages and lovely posts....it makes my heart really happy...Thank You everyone!

I love you all and God Bless you <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

I didn't know where to post this so I will post it here....

L.O.V.E Beckons
    How deep is this thirst that no other can fill?
    The wheel of time turns running until
    Love's sweet embrace enraptured stands still
    Cosmic connections have journeyed through space
    Drawing us nearer, closer with their grace
    Bleeding hearts try to contain their pain
    Hot tears fall as the moon waxes and wanes
    Tender kisses carried by the breeze
    This is how our love visits to ease
    That lonely space within the soul
    Shaking us, stirring us and gently cajoles
    Our spirits to wake up and rise once more
    Enflamed and shining to step through that door
  • Oops, I didn't realize there was already a thread for this when I started that other one. Sorry about that! And thank you for the heads up that my post would be moved to this thread.....and it is! There are so many great words of love, faith and inspiration here.

RalphWaldoEmersonQuote.jpg
  • This is a nice thread! Uplifting! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Some great songs of love and light!

[youtube:2vqjegh2]
    B Howard - Ananda

That's a great song. It's like all my fave musicians mixed up together, ya know, like,in this song, B. Howard's music sounds like Michael Jackson mixed with Yanni, with some John Tesh on the side and a dash of Martin Page, lollllz <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->
    life-hope-quotes-13.png
    events1_quote.gif
  • martinlutherking1.jpg

“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”

With L.O.V.E
  • This is one of my favorite songs. Enjoy

Love and Blessings

[youtube:2fp9yvuf]
  • Youngatheart, I loooove that!

emily_dickinson_loved_unabl.gif
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
  • Paintings by artist Iwasaki Chihiro:
  • awwww wow....love those gorgeous paintings truthprevails....thanks for posting those! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

and here's another poem/prayer I wrote today....it's my own experience but as I read it back...I thought maybe this was Michael's experience too...hope you like it and it's not too serious....

ACCUSED
    You know my heart, You know my pain
    Without You in my life, I know there is nothing to gain
    Many have accused me of things that were not true
    I had no one else, but I always had You
    I walked alone
    From dusk till dawn
    With bleeding feet and empty hands
    A heart so heavy but I continued to make a stand
    Sitting in the darkness, wading through the mud
    I kept my sights on the heavens above
    Standing alone being accused
    Until in my mind I became confused
    I have looked to You for my release
    This endless torment has to cease
  • Goodnight everyone!

goodnightgodblessFG02.jpg

And thank you PIM for having the same idea to inspire faith....so now our threads are merged!

inspiration-picturebyhkoppdelaney.jpg
  • Youngatheart: thank you for posting the video with the African children's choir, I uploaded the song "He has the whole world in his hand" just last summer, they sing that song as well, I love how they sing so full of pure love, they are precious beyond words. I am certain that GOD is smiling down everytime they sing praises to him.

I have been reading the chapter Psalms in the bible, it is very uplifting. Also GOD is the provider of all things, he tells us if we ask in faith he will provide us our every need, it is true.

PoetryInMotion: I agree entirely to the fact it is spiritual, and not religious, and yes they are very different things from one another, like night, and day. Spirituality gives life, religion smoothers it with the rules of men.

And like many of you have seen me say before on this site, I say this again, just because it is true, love is not a feeling, it is a action. Every good deed we do out of selflessness for others is LOVE, no matter how small the deed if done without expectation of any return of favor. When GOD says "I am LOVE" this is what he means, he did many wounderful things for others while here on earth, and so we all can do great things for others will we are here on his earth.
  • trustno1trustno1 Posts: 654
    I also agree with Poetry that this doesn't just have to be about religion. I'm not a religious person but I do have a spiritual side, I don't believe this is all there is. There are too many unexplainable things out there no matter how advanced our science and technology is. Magic exists all around us if we only care to look! Thanks for the Emily Dickinson quote, that is beautiful. Love to all.
  • smasma Posts: 231
    40947_122583171127883_100001286027506_156877_4192582_n.jpg
This discussion has been closed.