Michael 'denied' his addictions, Katherine Jackson says

mac5kmac5k Posts: 338
edited January 1970 in General Hoax Investigation
Michael Jackson's Mother Speaks About His Drug Problems in 'Oprah' Preview

Michael Jackson's parents will appear on The Oprah Winfrey Show Monday, and among the topics that will be covered in the interview are the late's singer's death, his addictions and the family's feelings about the forthcoming album of previously unreleased studio material, Michael .

In this clip from the show, we see Michael's mother, Katherine, answering Oprah's question about whether she had ever spoken with her son about his addictions.

Michael Jackson Remembered

"I spoke to him about them once, when I had heard [about them]," she replies, her eyes welling up with tears. "And he denied it. I was telling him I didn't want to hear one day that he had overdosed because it would break my heart, it would kill me to. But he kept saying he wasn't, he wasn't on it, 'Mother you don't believe me.' He kept saying that: 'My own mother don't believe me.' "

Katherine and other members of the Jackson family are said to be opposed to the release of some of the songs on Michael. According to TMZ, Jackson's children Paris and Prince think some of the songs were recorded by an impostor—but Sony hired an audiologist who confirmed that they are authentic. The album will be released on December 14, and on Monday — the day of the Oprah interview with his parents — a song from the album will premiere on MichaelJackson.com.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/51942/231405#ooid=M5Z3lzMTrbk_vO_UH61TuBBeCVsTsUYv

Comments

• Michael Jackson's Mother Speaks About His Drug Problems in 'Oprah' Preview

Michael Jackson's parents will appear on The Oprah Winfrey Show Monday, and among the topics that will be covered in the interview are the late's singer's death, his addictions and the family's feelings about the forthcoming album of previously unreleased studio material, Michael .

In this clip from the show, we see Michael's mother, Katherine, answering Oprah's question about whether she had ever spoken with her son about his addictions.

Michael Jackson Remembered

"I spoke to him about them once, when I had heard [about them]," she replies, her eyes welling up with tears. "And he denied it. I was telling him I didn't want to hear one day that he had overdosed because it would break my heart, it would kill me to. But he kept saying he wasn't, he wasn't on it, 'Mother you don't believe me.' He kept saying that: 'My own mother don't believe me.' "

Katherine and other members of the Jackson family are said to be opposed to the release of some of the songs on Michael. According to TMZ, Jackson's children Paris and Prince think some of the songs were recorded by an impostor—but Sony hired an audiologist who confirmed that they are authentic. The album will be released on December 14, and on Monday — the day of the Oprah interview with his parents — a song from the album will premiere on MichaelJackson.com.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/51942/231405#ooid=M5Z3lzMTrbk_vO_UH61TuBBeCVsTsUYv

Okay, so I guess I am trying to understand where is the release of songs have to do with Katherine bringing up about MJs denial of being addicted?
  • InfinityLady,

The airing of the interview will coincide with the release of the song. It's a plug. It's a marketing ploy. Publicity 101.
  • _Anna__Anna_ Posts: 1,739
    God, I can't take this anymore..... How many times will they keep saying he was a drug addict and give these tearful interviews? if this is to be revealed (the hoax) why they keep putting us down? At least this is how I feel. Do I have to blindly believe in this situation even if they constantly say such sad things, Katherine in tears, and all that? I mean I am a believer, but my faith is dropping volumes
  • trustno1trustno1 Posts: 654
    Anna just remember how much they've built up the drugs angle since way back when, the idea was to convince everyone he was frail incapable and addicted so when he "died" people wouldn't question it too much. Remember the Propofol was used to knock patients out not to give them a good night's sleep and they would feel awful upon waking. Then there's the autopsy results...It's understandable to have doubts but we can't let our beliefs be shaken every time a family member does an interview, look at Janet on Larry King last night and how she was grinning when talking about MJs death, after making a big point of seeming confused about where she was at the time she found out. For every Katherine interview there are numerous other Jackson interviews that tell another story. Keep the Faith. Love to all.
  • TarjaTarja Posts: 645
    Anna just remember how much they've built up the drugs angle since way back when, the idea was to convince everyone he was frail incapable and addicted so when he "died" people wouldn't question it too much. Remember the Propofol was used to knock patients out not to give them a good night's sleep and they would feel awful upon waking. Then there's the autopsy results...It's understandable to have doubts but we can't let our beliefs be shaken every time a family member does an interview, look at Janet on Larry King last night and how she was grinning when talking about MJs death, after making a big point of seeming confused about where she was at the time she found out. For every Katherine interview there are numerous other Jackson interviews that tell another story. Keep the Faith. Love to all.

Although I have ups and downs more than a pregnant woman, I feel what you are saying and you are right.. but.. it's so hard sometimes when everythng seems to work bad for us
  • I might be naive, but I don't see Michael in his mother's face, openly lying to her. I can't even picture that scenario.
  • ^ Especially because he loved her so much
  • I don't think michael was/is addicted to medication drugs because he love his children.
    But i also have doubts now and then because of Katherine, why she lie instead of stay in silence, but on the other hand she is also a mother, and a mother protect her child always.

L.O.V.E
  • I don't think michael was/is addicted to medication drugs because he love his children.
    But i also have doubts now and then because of Katherine, why she lie instead of stay in silence, but on the other hand she is also a mother, and a mother protect her child always.

L.O.V.E

I guess I see it differently. I don't see her lying. She said she confronted him "once" when "she heard rumors". This could have been years ago. He denied it was true. Maybe I see it wrong...but I don't see her lying. People are reading into the meaning - maybe it's me? IDK...I never thought Michael was a drug addict.
  • InfinityLady,

The airing of the interview will coincide with the release of the song. It's a plug. It's a marketing ploy. Publicity 101.
    Wich makes me wonder... If the jacksons are so against this album why on earth are they promoting it? Lol Everything is connected isnt it? lol
  • mjboogiemjboogie Posts: 1,067
    I am totally confused totally confused. BECAUSE on one hand we have the Jacksons saying they are against the album not MJ's voice ect ect......THEN we have them promoting? Doing interviews with Ophrah? ......

Think about this guys ok if Rebbie, and Katherine, and Janet (when she was on Ophrah) are saying MJ was in denial and all of that then.........WOULDN"T THAT HELP MURRAY IN HIS CASE????Q@Q@ The family is pushing the drug theory right?? <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> ?
  • _Anna__Anna_ Posts: 1,739
    That is something that makes your brain explode. On one side we have TMZ reporting that the children say that it's not Michael's voice and that they release a fraud, and on the other hand we have Jackie saying how great is his new album.
  • I was telling him I didn't want to hear one day that he had overdosed because it would break my heart, it would kill me to.

Ok, so oficially he OVERDOSED, right? But somehow this news DIDN'T KILL HER!
    How is it possible?? <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • simalvessimalves Posts: 730
    @susie That is the first thing that struck me. It did not kill her and she is strong enough to look after 3 kids and do interviews/tributes etc.

I think the kids saying its not their fathers voice, is the same negative publicity they used at the time of TII. Remember Joe saying TII was full of doubles, and even non fans bought or went to see the movie just to spot the doubles. Now many non fans will buy the new Michael Cd to find the impostor and Michael's message will be heard by a wider group of people. By now Michael/Sony know that even if only half of the songs on the album are genuine, his fans will still buy it, but they have to target a larger audience than just fans and since the rest want to disprove Michael, they are using this tactic.
  • where does them saying he was in denial leave their original accusations of murder?
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    This all depends on what type of addiction we are talking about.......

Michael denied his addictions........There are many forms of addictions.

One example is not being able to control the urge to shop.....shopaholic

Another is eating disorders....anorexia..bulimea etc

Another .....compulsive obsessive disorder..

And there is body dysmorphia........

So who is to say that the family are not talking about one of these things.???

Isn't it the media who are saying MJ was addicted to Pain Meds
    So the family are just going along with it...

If he was diagnosed with Lupus, of course he would be on alot of medications....My mother was on 14 different types of Meds, 3 times a day.

Necessity, does not mean addiction. All medications have side effects.

Who has taken Allergy relief medication??? Do you know that psuedoepherdrine is a type of "Speed". People are buying it in bulk and melting it down to produce to illegal drug "Speed".............so many over the counter medication can have significant side-effects.....and some being mood altering as well.

Do you really believe MJ could perform as a father if he was affected????

I am a former pain medication addict, and former alcoholic and former bulimic and eating disorders....I lived with it for 20 years...
  • miriam34miriam34 Posts: 146

Although I have ups and downs more than a pregnant woman, I feel what you are saying and you are right.. but.. it's so hard sometimes when everythng seems to work bad for us

I agree <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • I know one thing, that Michael adores his mother, and he is very close with her. He would not lie to her. Michael is not a drug meds addict. I agree, he may have been taking some medication pills for the pain, lupus etc. but not excessively. Katherine is covering up, and that's what mothers do. I have 2 boys, who are adults and I will always defend them, and protect them until I die. So I understand katherine 1000 percent. She knows that her son is alive and she has to go along with it, even if she knows it is wrong. She wants the safety of her son.
  • This all depends on what type of addiction we are talking about.......

But as far as I know, these are not addictions...
  • PJ4MJPJ4MJ Posts: 323
    I might be naive, but I don't see Michael in his mother's face, openly lying to her. I can't even picture that scenario.

Katherine says she asked him, and Michael said he wasn't on it. In my opinion, he was speaking the truth; therefore, not lying to his mother. It just sounds like she didn't believe him, which may or may not be true. All of this could be part of the hoax and just another opportunity to show that people take what they hear and interpret it how they want.
  • chappiechappie Posts: 529
    [youtube:2iyq9vtw]

Funny how a lonely day,
    can make a person say
    What good is my life
    Funny how a breaking heart,
    can make me start to say
    What good is my life
    Funny how I often seem,
    to think I'll find another dream
    In my life
    Till I look around and see,
    this great big world is part of me
    And my life
    This is my life
    Today, tomorrow, love will come and find me
    But that's the way that I was born to be
    This is me
    This is me
    This is my life
    And I don't give a damn for lost emotions
    I've such a lot of love I've got to give
    Let me live
    Let me live
    Sometime when I feel afraid,
    I think of what a mess I've made
    Of my life
    Crying over my mistakes,
    forgetting all the breaks I've had
    In my life
    I was put on earth to be,
    a part of this great world is me
    And my life
    Guess I'll just add up the score,
    and count the things I'm grateful for
    In my life
    This is my life
    Today, tomorrow, love will come and find me
    But that's the way that I was born to be
    This is me
    This is me
    This is my life
    And I don't give a damn for lost emotions
    I've such a lot of love I've got to give
    Let me live
    Let me live
    This is my life
    This is my life
    This is my life

What if he was addicted?
    Is that my problem?
    Is that your problem?
    I don't think so.
    That's his private life.
    But imo he was not addicted to drugs, but to many other things.
    His own children, his music, his family, his fans, movies and many more other things.
    But the most important thing, he was living his life.

Have a nice day

Chappie
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    This all depends on what type of addiction we are talking about.......

But as far as I know, these are not addictions...

All these things are addictions. The person feels empowered and unable to control the desire or need to repeat these behaviours and feel totally powerless. The brain releases a chemical called THIQ, which is released into the body once a person takes the first bite, or first drink, or goes shopping, or looks into the mirror and hates what they see.
    These are all compulsive behaviours, that makes the person feel "Out of Control" and they can't stop even though they want to. I have studied this for many years, as I too was a victim of this terrible disease for many years. God Bless..xoxo
  • maybe this is why we are seeing arnie again.
    pee in a cup: drug test?
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    I wonder where Arnie is recently.
    He's overdue. LOL
  • Also if any of you read Latoya's book she did say her mother was not the quiet meek person that she showed to the public and that she was an actor at times "My mother's Jekyll-and-Hyde behaviour" So Katherine is not that innocent, quiet, meek woman after all and if she wants to give the media a good show even with all the tears to protect her son then she will give them a show of their life. Also before Michael's death you hardly ever saw Katherine in the public eye but now she's everywhere. Think about it folks they are all giving us a good and somewhat convincing act.