"The Man in the Mirror" (a look at us)

2»

Comments

• SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    I voted option 1. I have always loved Michael as far as I remember. I fell in love with his voice and I remember as a teen, as soon as I heard his voice/music on the radio I ran to turn to volume up <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> at that time I couldn't afford to buy his music so I used to let the radio often on in the expectation of one of his songs to be played.... and I used to say "God please an MJ song". That situation made it even more amazing to listen to one of his song... it's like I was granted a gift.
    I have never had the chance to go to a concert or anything like that though. But it doesn't matter I don't like over-crowded places I am so shy. I tried to follow what was new about him artistically talking, never read any tabloid, never bought one. I don't know much about his habits and preferences and all these little details, I always loved Michael for his music and for his message, this is important to mention. I stand by him because of that also, he has something to say, he feels concerned and has a good heart. I never believed the allegations, not for one second and was outraged and hurt when all that happened. I felt like a member of my own family was accused. Well I always stood by him even from so far and always will. Blessings. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    I loved Michael ever since I was a child. Thriller was released when I was 7 but even before that I loved his very earliest songs, Ben was one of my favourites. I always felt a kinship with him in a way because he had an isolated childhood and so did I, though I never experienced the awful things he did, his suffering was so many times worse. I was like many people shocked when he "died", more so than I could have imagined, I cried so much for days, until the questions and intuition took over. He had and continues to have such a huge impact on my life and I'm glad that even when I read all the garbage that was printed about him I instinctively knew that's all it was. Garbage. The accusations against him were ridiculous and the witchhunt he suffered would not have happened to anyone else, it was more than most people could bear. Yet he did so with grace and humility and I hope he gets his payback from all those who wronged him.

Yes. Please. It's my greatest wish.
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    I vote for the second option
  • I voted 1.
    Since I was about 10 I loved Michael and I never stopped loving him. His songs and his moves always gave me so much inspiration to move on, not only at my dance lessons when I was a teenager but also later during hard times. In the last decade there's still inspiration, but even more there's a strong admiration I feel about Michael. That is because of the tough times he's been through and the way he coped with them, that he still believes in the world, that he's determined to heal the earth with so much passion. I think it's breathtaking <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Everlasting LOVE to you Michael
  • 1st for me as well I am only a few years younger than Michael Born in 1961 so have I have been enjoying his music pretty much from the start
  • L.O.V.E.
  • You don't really have a choice for it on the poll, but Bashir made me wash my hands of Michael. I essentially walked away and didn't even think about MJ again until the O2 conference.

Thanks, Bec! I hope that those who want to offer an explanation that's not captured in the poll will post, like you, and say so (explain).

Isn't it funny how peoples perceptions can be so different yet the end result be the same?

It was because of the Bashir documentary that sealed in my heart that people were out to destroy Michael's reputation and image. I saw right through Bashir and I was not an avid fan, only a distant admirer of the man's talent. I was not surprised that the next thing to come were those accusations. I never believed any of it and it is the reason I stopped following and believing what the tabloids wrote especially where celebrities are concerned.

My option was #2, but the way. I'd have to say now that I'd fall into the #1 category as he hasn't left my mind since June 25, 2009.
  • I was like many people shocked when he "died", more so than I could have imagined, I cried so much for days, until the questions and intuition took over. He had and continues to have such a huge impact on my life and I'm glad that even when I read all the garbage that was printed about him I instinctively knew that's all it was. Garbage. The accusations against him were ridiculous and the witchhunt he suffered would not have happened to anyone else, it was more than most people could bear. Yet he did so with grace and humility and I hope he gets his payback from all those who wronged him.

Yes. Please. It's my greatest wish.

I couldn't have voiced this better. Thanks trustno1. Blessings <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->