becca26becca26 Posts: 789
edited January 1970 in General Hoax Investigation
On Dec 14th will you buy the new album? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

I dont think I will after hearing that. <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

Comments

• becbec Posts: 6,387
    Yeah my first answer upon reading this title is, no one? lol
  • becca26becca26 Posts: 789
    Yes I agree Bec, I hope it doesn't hurt Michael in anyway. <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • OneLoveOneLove Posts: 470
    My answer is yes because it is in Michael's name. Just because we can't be sure if he sang or what not in a song doesn't mean we should diss his album! We need to bring his name to the top again. Non believers have no idea that this hoax stuff is going on. We don't want to hear that his album flops do we? Remember he only owed Sony one more box set! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • My answer is yes because it is in Michael's name. Just because we can't be sure if he sang or what not in a song doesn't mean we should diss his album! We need to bring his name to the top again. Non believers have no idea that this hoax stuff is going on. We don't want to hear that his album flops do we? Remember he only owed Sony one more box set! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

I completely agree. 100%
    I'm not wanting anything to hurt Michaels name, but if its not his voice then it like selling a lie, he is all about exposing lies, the album only has the name Michael on the front, I don't know Im torn, his family don't seem to be on board. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
    And they got it. Number Ones was it. And if you don't count that then Thriller 25th counts. And if you don't count that then TII counts too.

So he's out of that deal 3x over. Not to mention Sony just resigned the rights to MJs music to a record breaking contract last spring. So that argument of "one more box set" doesn't apply anymore.
    And they got it. Number Ones was it. And if you don't count that then Thriller 25th counts. And if you don't count that then TII counts too.

So he's out of that deal 3x over. Not to mention Sony just resigned the rights to MJs music to a record breaking contract last spring. So that argument of "one more box set" doesn't apply anymore.

Good point.
    I'm not wanting anything to hurt Michaels name, but if its not his voice then it like selling a lie, he is all about exposing lies, the album only has the name Michael on the front, I don't know Im torn, his family don't seem to be on board. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

Well they weren't on board for Breaking News that's for sure. lol

I'll bet that it's not going to be on the album.
  • My answer is yes because it is in Michael's name. Just because we can't be sure if he sang or what not in a song doesn't mean we should diss his album! We need to bring his name to the top again. Non believers have no idea that this hoax stuff is going on. We don't want to hear that his album flops do we? Remember he only owed Sony one more box set! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

I completely agree. 100%
    F

Well, we haven't heard any new songs on a box set yet. Just most of his iconic songs. Well only his iconic songs. Except This is it. Which was still an old song. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Well they weren't on board for Breaking News that's for sure. lol

I'll bet that it's not going to be on the album.

Who knows what 5 "new" songs will be on "Michael" It just doesn't feel right, something is off. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| -->

I completely agree. 100%

That is their point, they know every Michael fan will buy anything with his name!
    Were being fooled, trust me!

And I realize that it could be a total joke.. but don't you think it'll look like Michael can't sell an album? In a way? I don't mean it wouldn't do well, but to MJ standards, it might not, and I desperately want his name to be back on top and to say to remind everyone why he's the King of Pop
    I can only hope this album stays true to Michael. We don't want a goofy auto tuned album.

I completely agree. 100%

That is their point, they know every Michael fan will buy anything with his name!
    Were being fooled, trust me!

And I realize that it could be a total joke.. but don't you think it'll look like Michael can't sell an album? In a way? I don't mean it wouldn't do well, but to MJ standards, it might not, and I desperately want his name to be back on top and to say to remind everyone why he's the King of Pop

No matter what happens, he will be number 1!, NO MATTER WHAT!
    IT WILL ALWAYS BE THE BEATLES, ELVIS PRESLEY AND MICHAEL JACKSON!
    NO ONE CAN GO AND TRY TO BEAT THESE MEN, ESPECIALLY WITH THE MUSIC TODAY, YOU REALLY THINK IT IS POSSIBLE!
  • Whichever song they release next will be my deciding factor. If the next one sounds the same, I don't think I will purchase it. We'll see.

Well, we haven't heard any new songs on a box set yet. Just most of his iconic songs. Well only his iconic songs. Except This is it. Which was still an old song. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Yes we have. Number Ones had One More Chance which was unreleased, and Ben (live) which was also unreleased. Thriller 25th had For All Time which was unreleased, and 5 new remixes on it. 3 of which were essentially brand new songs start to finish with old names. TII had two versions of This Is It on it. When he made the statement about owing Sony two new songs he clearly said "and they can be any old songs. I have hundreds of old songs..."
  • mjfansince4mjfansince4 Posts: 1,030
    okay i know this could be complete hearsay, but harvey said that "breaking news" isn't the first single for the album. how do we know it's even on the album? i'm not throwing in the towel yet.
  • simalvessimalves Posts: 730
    I would if Another Day was on it.

Michael is one artist I would pay to hear.

Yes we have. Number Ones had One More Chance which was unreleased, and Ben (live) which was also unreleased. Thriller 25th had For All Time which was unreleased, and 5 new remixes on it. 3 of which were essentially brand new songs start to finish with old names. TII had two versions of This Is It on it. When he made the statement about owing Sony two new songs he clearly said "and they can be any old songs. I have hundreds of old songs..."

Okay you have made your point but regardless you don't get what i mean, i can't explain further. As a whole : a new Michael Jackson Album. All new songs. The box set thing was not to be taken that seriously when i said it okay?

Okay you have made your point but regardless you don't get what i mean, i can't explain further. As a whole : a new Michael Jackson Album. All new songs. The box set thing was not to be taken that seriously when i said it okay?

Oh but it should be taken seriously because we have MJ on camera making that statement, so you're not pulling it out of thin air, most certainly not.

I'm just saying, the statement is outdated and the conditions of the contract he was referring to in it have been met long ago.

I'm trying to keep the information accurate, nothing more.
  • I would if Another Day was on it.

Michael is one artist I would pay to hear.

I didn't feel that strongly towards Another Day. I can't pinpoint what it was about it that didn't do it for me, but .. well, actually I guess I like Michael's songs that show off his vocals more. Like I find the music in the background to be distracting. That song though, I 100% say is Michael.

Oh but it should be taken seriously because we have MJ on camera making that statement, so you're not pulling it out of thin air, most certainly not.

I'm just saying, the statement is outdated and the conditions of the contract he was referring to in it have been met long ago.

I'm trying to keep the information accurate, nothing more.

Well i know that. That's why i said when i said, it shouldn't have been taken seriously, not when Michael said it. When he said it, it should of been taken seriously. He was angry. But since it's a thing of the past, why debate over it?
    Because you were passing on misinformation and I was correcting you.
    I stand corrected. It wasn't a big deal, we all know Michael wasn't truly talking about a few remixes though.
  • I would buy it,Whether any of the songs are 100 % Michael or not it still has to have some of Michael in it there fore it will go in with the rest of my collection of his music...