Michael Jackson and Bristol Palin to duet?

Here is the article:

Bristol Palin may have gotten the boot on Dancing with The Stars, but the popular and controversial daughter of political titan Sarah Palin may have a new project in the works.

And you're not going to believe it.

Rumors are swirling that the Michael Jackson's family is planning a duets album for charity to be released sometime next year. If the album ultimately manifests, the Jackson family will include no shortage of stars to "sing" with the late King of Pop in the same way Frank Sinatra recorded song and duets with contemporary artists after his passing in 1998.

However, unlike Beyonce and Justin Bieber, who are rumored to already be on board for the record, other "celebrities" who sing (or at least think they can sing) may also be featured.

So who us on the short list, you ask?

If rumors are true, close Michael Jackson friend Paris Hilton will sing with Michael Jackson as will Bristol Palin, who apparently can dance and sing.

Would you listen to a Michael Jackson duet with Bristol Palin? More importantly, would you buy that album?

<!-- m -->http://www.examiner.com/michael-jackson ... in-to-duet<!-- m -->

What do people think about this?

Comments

• I hope they'll record this with Michael live in the studio... <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • trustno1trustno1 Posts: 654
    The circus gets more and more bizarre...
  • The circus gets more and more bizarre...
    You can say that again... <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • Whaaaaaaaat?! <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o -->
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    delete...note to self. no need to be mean.
  • bonitabonita Posts: 172
    DAMNITTT!!! I hope this isnt true. I hate the Palins with a fiery passion. <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: -->
  • Snoopy71Snoopy71 Posts: 952
    delete...note to self. no need to be mean.

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

...I think I'll follow your lead, cause I don't have anything nice to say either <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • mjj4ever777mjj4ever777 Posts: 1,467
    oh boy <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> ...what will they think of next???
  • delete...note to self. no need to be mean.

...I think I'll follow your lead, cause I don't have anything nice to say either <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

Totally agree with you guys! I also didn't know that Michael considered Paris Hilton is be a close friend(?). I know he knew her Mother pretty well when they were younger and Paris likes to claim that Michael named his daughter after her (I tend not to think so), but I didn't know they were such close buds. I kind of doubt that really. Plus this article is from the examiner.

Totally agree with you guys! I also didn't know that Michael considered Paris Hilton is be a close friend(?). I know he knew her Mother pretty well when they were younger and Paris likes to claim that Michael named his daughter after her (I tend not to think so), but I didn't know they were such close buds. I kind of doubt that really. Plus this article is from the examiner.
    i Highly doubt they where close friends. You know how journalist take things way out of context. They probably saw that pic she tweeted when they where at a party together and came to the conclusion that they where the bestest friends in the world!

Haha - I'm with you all. I'll just... refrain from being mean. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    DAMNITTT!!! I hope this isnt true. I hate the Palins with a fiery passion. <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: -->
    Haha! Media and the world love fiesty people. Just from seeing Sarah's election speeches and other interviews I'm not impressed.

Paris Hilton is sitting close beside Michael in several pics, but he isn't even looking at her in any of them, no arms around nothing, so they mean nothing. He probably thinks of her what he thinks of Madonna, earlier comments anyway.
    Also when Michael went out maybe several times with Pamela Anderson in I think 2008 or 9, she said he asked her to be in an up-coming video. Maybe it is this video being discussed here. Maybe she is one of the stars hear who can barely sing, but I think she dances pretty good. She's a real stage performer with a lot of mystique, and I can see why Michael likes her. Here's just one of her Dances with the Stars 2010:

<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssdYQOwh ... re=related<!-- m -->

And what is it with Dancing with the Stars. Bristol Palin, Katherine Jackson, Pamela Anderson, Latoya, and then Nigel Lithgoe made the comment backstage about finding the next Michael Jackson. He likes Pamela, and so did obviously MJ.
    <!-- m -->http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/strictly-c ... on-to-win/<!-- m -->
  • msteetee34msteetee34 Posts: 1,234
    I wouldn't want to hear a duet with her and MJ sorry not interested. They need to let me do a duet with MJ even though I can't sing that great.lol
  • becca26becca26 Posts: 789
    Oh please God NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. This has to be a hoax <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • ...the night Billie Joe McAllister jumped off the Tallahatche Bridge. Not gonna believe it until I see/hear it.
  • Its herIts her Posts: 1,137
    Here is the article:

Bristol Palin may have gotten the boot on Dancing with The Stars, but the popular and controversial daughter of political titan Sarah Palin may have a new project in the works.

Rumors are swirling that the Michael Jackson's family is planning a duets album for charity to be released sometime next year. If the album ultimately manifests, the Jackson family will include no shortage of stars to "sing" with the late King of Pop in the same way Frank Sinatra recorded song and duets with contemporary artists after his passing in 1998.

However, unlike Beyonce and Justin Bieber, who are rumored to already be on board for the record, other "celebrities" who sing (or at least think they can sing) may also be featured.

So who us on the short list, you ask?

If rumors are true, close Michael Jackson friend Paris Hilton will sing with Michael Jackson as will Bristol Palin, who apparently can dance and sing.

Would you listen to a Michael Jackson duet with Bristol Palin? More importantly, would you buy that album?

What do people think about this?

Eh...

I DON'T believe it.

I think this is a total CROCK. Either that, or MJ has gone desperate, or (gasp), soft! <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

For a long time no one would even attempt to cover his songs, because how does one dare to compete with pure gold, especially while he is around(alive), to hear you?

Or, perhaps MJ just never lent his songs out to other voices, while alive, and only NOW?

While I was in a snack shop, a couple months ago, I heard another artist do a BEAUTIFUL job, sounding almost, just like MJ, himself, on MJ's demo of "Fall Again", on the Timeless Classics radio station!! I knew it wasn't MJ because the ending wasn't his, but there was too much activity in the store to hear who the artist was. I haven't heard it since, either, and this is my home station!

I always thought it was a desperate (and underhanded) attempt, on the piggybacking artist(s) to shoot for an easy hit, singing with very very familiar, popular "canned" vocals of someone deceased, who probably would object, if they were alive (!), instead of a project where both artists can add their flavor to the mix, in a new arrangement. It is kind of about purity. One shouldn't mess with the Classics.

An example of the better way to do this would be the MJ/ will i am arrangement of The Girl Is Mine I love both styles, but the 2008 version is less "cute", & more playful and hot, with MJ flitting ALL over the background, in a way I haven't heard since the song, Even Though You're Gone. My favorite part. MJ SHINES, as always <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: --> I LOVE it <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

As long as MJ is pretending he is dead, there will be people who may try to cut a deal with "the estate" of self-servingly, trying to add their voice, "posthumously" to some songs of his. A leech is a leech is a leech. IMHO, I can't imagine the living genius co-operating with this <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: --> The story has HOAX written all over it. <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->

To answer the question, I already have multiple copies of MJ's marketed songs. There isn't a voice on the planet, which would improve them any. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> Or coax cash out of my hands. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Now, if MJ has something <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> up his sleeve, which we've never heard, and wants to do a duet with an exceptional talent, along the lines of, say, I Just Can't Stop Loving You <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> that is another story... <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    Its Her I think you are right.
    Nobody can sing like MJ......
  • OneLoveOneLove Posts: 470
    It can't be true because it says Bristol can dance. That gave it away! lol
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400

Ha! Is the one who wrote this a psychic? How did he know? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• can not figure out why my mind works the way it soes but this makes me think of what we saw in tii . the jcsly duet with judith. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> sorry i just get pictures <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->
  • Oh God!!!! Look, I love Michael, But the Palins piss me off!!! <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: --> Sarah's annoying and her daughter feeds for attention. If they are doing it I have a feeling Michael has nothing to do with it. It looks like this is just another way for Palins to "get famous". I mean really A t.v show????? <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> who wants to watch a washed up politician???? I love Michael to death! but I would not buy that album! Sorry Love!
  • wonder who they mean by michael jacksons family. who has the authority? if it is for real.
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221

!NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
  • jilljill Posts: 917
    If there is any truth to this there is a reason people. Look beyond what you are seeing and hearing in the media. THINK ABOUT IT for yourselves.....
  • i wonder how often we get sidetracked by dislike of this person or that in a clue before we really look at what it is about?