Michael Jackson and Bristol Palin to duet?

2»

Comments

• As soon as I heard Bristol was being considered for a duet, I sent in my own audition tape.

It go's a little something like this "BOOM SHUCKA LUCKA LUCKA BOOM SHUCKA LUCKA LUCKA".

What do you think? Can I stand tall with the Palin's of this world? LOL. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • The Palin stuff again? I'm just getting over the DWTS stuff. Just because her mom was running for president (which I think was a bad idea in the first place, because it seems to me that she didn't care about Bristol ((weird name)) getting pregnant with that dude,which makes me wonder,"how could she control th U.S., when she can't control her daughter???", then they can't even think of a date to get married on) and then she has her own stupid show (((trying to be like Oprah <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> ))); c'mon media. Try to make something up that we will beLIEve. Just because she can *coughs/she/coughs/didn't//win/coughs/coughs* dance, that doesn't mean she can sing. She needs to get rid of some of that baby fat!!! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

--reason <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • jilljill Posts: 917
    This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about. People commenting on things they don't even have the facts on. Sarah Palin never ran for president, she was McCain's running mate when HE ran for president. She has not made a decision whether she will run for president in 2012. If you would take the time to watch her show on the discovery channel you would see it is nothing like Oprah's. She is showing the activities and out doors of Alaska, that's it. It is not a political show. There were on 7 episodes filmed and that will be the end of it. It was filmed to primarily boost tourism in Alaska, her home state. If you would take the time to listen to her personally as she speaks you will see that the warped views that are portrayed of her by the mass media don't even resemble HER views. Search it out for yourself. Don't let others spoon feed you what they want you to believe.
  • While I don't think they will do a duet, what I found interesting was that Len called Bristol a Thriller. Jennifer Grey said this is it. Kyle had a Motown shirt on with tape over the Mo part. Plus Rob Wade and his back up singer are associate w/the show. Muy interestante. Que tal?
  • This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about. People commenting on things they don't even have the facts on. Sarah Palin never ran for president, she was McCain's running mate when HE ran for president. She has not made a decision whether she will run for president in 2012. If you would take the time to watch her show on the discovery channel you would see it is nothing like Oprah's. She is showing the activities and out doors of Alaska, that's it. It is not a political show. There were on 7 episodes filmed and that will be the end of it. It was filmed to primarily boost tourism in Alaska, her home state. If you would take the time to listen to her personally as she speaks you will see that the warped views that are portrayed of her by the mass media don't even resemble HER views. Search it out for yourself. Don't let others spoon feed you what they want you to believe.

If you were referring to me...
    "Sarah Palin never ran for president, she was McCain's running mate when HE ran for president." My bad, I thought she did. I never really cared about presidential stuff, anyway. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

(the rest) I have other shows to watch.
  • Snoopy71Snoopy71 Posts: 952
    This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about. People commenting on things they don't even have the facts on. Sarah Palin never ran for president, she was McCain's running mate when HE ran for president. She has not made a decision whether she will run for president in 2012. If you would take the time to watch her show on the discovery channel you would see it is nothing like Oprah's. She is showing the activities and out doors of Alaska, that's it. It is not a political show. There were on 7 episodes filmed and that will be the end of it. It was filmed to primarily boost tourism in Alaska, her home state. If you would take the time to listen to her personally as she speaks you will see that the warped views that are portrayed of her by the mass media don't even resemble HER views. Search it out for yourself. Don't let others spoon feed you what they want you to believe.

If you were referring to me...
    "Sarah Palin never ran for president, she was McCain's running mate when HE ran for president." My bad, I thought she did. I never really cared about presidential stuff, anyway. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

(the rest) I have other shows to watch.

I love when threads spin out of control... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

@reasonables+luvs+MJ....you are not entirely wrong. It has been stated by Sarah Palin that she is considering running for president in the 2012 campaign. This is one of the reasons why she QUIT her job as Governor of Alaska to do a book tour and to be a national spokesperson for various Republican functions, most recently the Tea Party movement.

The resignation of Sarah Palin as Governor of Alaska was announced on July 3, 2009 and became effective on July 26. Sean Parnell, the lieutenant governor, took Palin's place as governor.

<!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resignation_of_Sarah_Palin<!-- m -->

@jill....you do give good advice...ONE SHOULD ALWAYS RESEARCH THINGS FOR THEMSELVES BEFORE MAKING A COMMENT OR STATEMENT.

However, Sarah Palins tv "show", although "intending" to increase Alaskan tourism as you say, may have negated itself because her resignation cost her own state tax payers over $40,000, not including the cost of a special legislative session partly linked to her departure. (proverbial robbing "Peter to pay Paul")(refer to link above)

I suggest the link above as a starting point...but as common sense dictates, use many sources and refer to the one most credible. Upon doing so, you may realize for yourself why so many are opposed to some of Sarah Palins views.

....MY APOLOGIES TO THE READERS OF THIS THREAD FOR THIS LITTLE "TANGENT"..... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> I believe the topic at hand was....Michael Jackson & Bristol Palin to sing a duet....of which I still have nothing nice to say, so I'll remain quiet on that subject. <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| -->
  • In addition to everything Snoopy said, I think it is rather ironic (and dare I say slightly hypocritical) that Sarah goes on about how wonderful the Alaskan outdoors is, but yet while Governor, she fought against increased protection for beluga whales and polar bears, and proposed drilling for oil in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. In addition, she even proposed a $150 bounty for every wolf carcass that was brought in. Personally

I think the biggest reason she is doing this new show is to try to soften her public image. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to hear that she has decided to enter the Primaries shortly after the show ends.
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    All I know is the media went crazy with Sarah back then like she was Princess Diana. I know she is super conservative, right-wing and said she was proud to be labelled a redneck. I try to stay out of politics. Anyway I remember this being on the net about turkeys being beheaded behind her talking, not sure if deliberate, and then a video that said her laugh sounded like a turkey, but now I can't find that one. Sorry it's off topic and I mean no disrespect. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    [youtube:f4c50qk8]
    [youtube:f4c50qk8]
  • Snoopy71Snoopy71 Posts: 952
    To me it just seems this "duets" album is just another way for no talents to ride Michael's "coat-tails". To cash in on associating themselves with Michael and his name.

I mean no disrespect, but this "duets" album is the dumbest idea yet! <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

Michael doesn't need to sing with anyone like they NEED to sing with him...anyone feel me on this?! <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

****whoops! I said I wasn't going to say anything....my bad <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->