OPUS

Comments

• O gosh Jenny your bringing on pains for wanting this thing,,,I thought it looked really big-for 249.00 it should be. I hope it is still available later in the year. <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

Honestly ..its a nice book but almost all of the pics I have seen before! A lot of the tributes I have heard before and yes I do not regret buying it .. its really big and not sure where to put something this large, its too big! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • They removed the memorial wall middle page and replaced it with something else. I really wish they hadn't done that. And hell no. I still have not received mine yet.
  • again nothing from his closest friends personally like Dame Liz, Diana, Liza, Mac etc

ok so that is weird...of course we have to keep in mind that MJ was workin with the opus ppl and thats y the estate approved this. So I cant figure why those ppl arent in there still <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->
  • I still find it all strange that his true true frinds really haven't been heard from. But then again how do WE really know who was still true to him besided Elizabeth for sure.
  • MJJ1982MJJ1982 Posts: 1,282
    They removed the memorial wall middle page and replaced it with something else. I really wish they hadn't done that. And hell no. I still have not received mine yet.

You mean that they removed this:

<!-- m -->http://deal85.com/wp-content/uploads/11 ... n-opus.jpg<!-- m -->
  • Well, I finally got my...tracking info from FedEx today! So if it's accurate, my OPUS will arrive tomorrow (22nd!). Hope it's true. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • Oh good, I'm glad to hear that! I guess there's still hope to get them before Christmas.
  • Lady JLady J Posts: 455
    Please..once again!!! Did they remove the Memorial wall????
    They removed the memorial wall middle page and replaced it with something else. I really wish they hadn't done that. And hell no. I still have not received mine yet.

Please don´t tell me they put the coffin pic instead! <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • Finally got mine, but haven't had a chance to look at it yet. Might start later tonight. Too much going on over Xmas! Sigh. But I love it...peeked a little bit just to catch a glimpse of that beautiful face. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> It's huge. It's heavy. It's amazing. Can't wait to look at every single page!!!
    It seems like most people didn't receive it before Christmas. That's not nice at all!
  • suomursusuomursu Posts: 111
    Wow I want one! Quite expensive though...

But how is this possible (if MJ is dead):

"The only new publication approved and endorsed by Michael Jackson himself, and by the estate of Michael Jackson"

http://www.krakenopus.com/family/michaeljackson/about.php

Or is this a project pre-"death"?
  • I did not receive the Opus yet. Pre-order Sep. 24.
    I've send an email to Ticket Master and the answer was that is not their responsibilty and they gave me 2 emails from krankengroup.com.
    I send them today a "nice" email.
  • Wow I want one! Quite expensive though...

But how is this possible (if MJ is dead):

"The only new publication approved and endorsed by Michael Jackson himself, and by the estate of Michael Jackson"

http://www.krakenopus.com/family/michaeljackson/about.php

Or is this a project pre-"death"?

MJ was working on the OPUS with the krakenopus group pre-June 25.
  • So guys,I know we buy everything that just has the impression of Michael on it. I got that big box thingamajig at Wal Mart today. I want the Opus just because it is the only thing endorsed by the estate. IT IS JUST SO EXPENSIVE...and it would have been expensive wether or not June 25th had happened...all the Opus's are. Was it worth the buy and are you satisfied? Is it something you buy because of what it is-or something that if you had never heard of it you wouldn't miss anything? I read Jenny saying alot of it she had seen and read before...which was kind of odd to me.
  • So guys,I know we buy everything that just has the impression of Michael on it. I got that big box thingamajig at Wal Mart today. I want the Opus just because it is the only thing endorsed by the estate. IT IS JUST SO EXPENSIVE...and it would have been expensive wether or not June 25th had happened...all the Opus's are. Was it worth the buy and are you satisfied? Is it something you buy because of what it is-or something that if you had never heard of it you wouldn't miss anything? I read Jenny saying alot of it she had seen and read before...which was kind of odd to me.

I personally do NOT buy everything that "just has the impression of Michael on it." I have never felt the need to buy everything with his name or likeness on it or in it. I don't even have all of his CD's. For me, that's just not the point. I buy what moves me...that which has meaning and value. I bought the Opus because it's a comprehensive work that covers his entire career through 2009. I bought it because it is supposed to have some (no, not all) photos and other content that are not published elsewhere. I bought it because it is oversized, with large photos, and it is done with quality. But mostly, I bought it because Michael himself was involved in it. So if he gave it his seal of approval, then surely it would be worth the price I paid, which was $180 (including shipping). Would I pay $300? No. $250? Probably not. But under $200 I was willing to spend for this incredible volume that honors the magic and talent of Michael Jackson. It's a collector's item, something I can pass down, and something I will truly cherish. And there won't be too many other things that I will buy like that, because I don't buy things just because they have his name or likeness on them.

I personally do NOT buy everything that "just has the impression of Michael on it." I have never felt the need to buy everything with his name or likeness on it or in it. I don't even have all of his CD's. For me, that's just not the point. I buy what moves me...that which has meaning and value. I bought the Opus because it's a comprehensive work that covers his entire career through 2009. I bought it because it is supposed to have some (no, not all) photos and other content that are not published elsewhere. I bought it because it is oversized, with large photos, and it is done with quality. But mostly, I bought it because Michael himself was involved in it. So if he gave it his seal of approval, then surely it would be worth the price I paid, which was $180 (including shipping). Would I pay $300? No. $250? Probably not. But under $200 I was willing to spend for this incredible volume that honors the magic and talent of Michael Jackson. It's a collector's item, something I can pass down, and something I will truly cherish. And there won't be too many other things that I will buy like that, because I don't buy things just because they have his name or likeness on them.
    Ok I was not trying to offend. I dont buy EVERYTHING either-especially all the crappy books or magazines....do have all the cds. I wanted this also because he was working on it and its estate approved and looks like something worht having on many many levels...as you said to pass down. I wanted to get it while it was at that special price but was not able to ,and possible when I am able to get it ,it will be sold out.

Ok I was not trying to offend. I dont buy EVERYTHING either-especially all the crappy books or magazines....do have all the cds. I wanted this also because he was working on it and its estate approved and looks like something worht having on many many levels...as you said to pass down. I wanted to get it while it was at that special price but was not able to ,and possible when I am able to get it ,it will be sold out.

Hey, girl. I know you were not trying to offend anyone. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> Just wanted to make it clear that I am not a person who buys everything with MJ on it. Sure, some people do that, and that's great if they want to do that. I've seen some great MJ collections of others! But I just don't do that. I'm selective and try to get only what will be most meaningful...to me. So no offense taken at all.
  • @christiana
    ok -whew lol <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> Got to be careful on this board anymore! I understand what you are saying,I try to be the same way-the only commemerative magazine I bought was Ebonys' because it WAS the most respectful with none of the gossip.(Nice pics too). My mom is a big Elvis person and wont buy anything that is not approved by the Presley etstate.
  • lisap27lisap27 Posts: 1,100
    OMG.. i was just reading who put tributes in the book and my dads name is there.. spelt exactly the same and everything... hahahahaha.. how weird is that.. its not my dad by the way but.. that was weird.. <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
  • Just received the OPUS!
    Very big, very heavy!
    This reminded me of TNZ's article "And the Opus goes to ...or Augumented Reality of Marketing" ... Jackson - coming soon to your coffee table, because for the moment this is the only place I can put this album.
    The photos are beautiful, but I have to read the text too (soon).
    Very important guyz: Is there something written about his fans??? Do they mention them in a certain way in this book?
  • As I said above I received the Opus today. I just looked through it. But something caught my eye at the end. There is a list of people who wrote tributes in this album. Here are the names (in the order that their tributes appear in the Opus): Reverend Jesse Jackson, Quincy Jones, Berry Gordy, Neal Preston, Suzanne de Passe, Tony Jones, Smokey Robinson, Jim Britt, Raphael Saadiq, David Foster, Teddy Riley, Jimmy Jam, Travis Payne, Paula Abdul, Cris Judd, John Landis, Peter Guber, Steve Whitsitt, John Singleton, Deborah Nadoolman Landis, Kimora Lee Simmons, Matthew Rolston, Lionel Ritchie, Wade Robson, David Blaine, Ken Kragen, Alan Buz Kohan, Jane Goodall, Annie Salijevic, Nate Giorgio, David Nordahl, Celine Lavail, Sugar Ray Leonard, Frank DiLeo, Jerry Greenberg, Shaquille O'Neal, Mike Tyson, Savion Glover, Olivia Newton-John, Arsenio Hall, Jane Fonda, Verdine White, Spike Lee, Reinet "Willow" Loubser.
    Who's missing from this list? Maybe Elizabeth Taylor, maybe Kenny Ortega, maybe Miko Brando?
    Until page 100 there are mostly pictures with Michael as a child.
    Much too many photos with Jackson 5.
    1 photo with Fred Astaire.
    1 photo with Janet (in the studio at Scream) and Janet also appear in a group photo with Jackson 5 + the 3 sisters.
    2 photos with Diana Ross, 1 photo with Jane Fonda, 1 photo with Tatum O'Neal, 2 photos with Brook Shields, 1 group photo with Elizabeth Taylor, Liza Minelli, Whitney Houston, another photo just with Liza M., 2 photos with Oprah (?), 1 photo with Elizabeth Taylor (in a period when she was very fat), 1 photo with Macaulay Culkin (and Mickey Mouse), 1 photo with Princess Diana, 1 photo with Lisa Marie (and a huge group of children). Lisa also appears with Michael in a photo visiting a children hospital.
    A portrait of Prince called "Prince, The Boy King", which is beautiful by the way.
    2 photos with Frank DiLeo.
    Another small group photo in which among others is Lisa Marie too.
    2 photos from 2009: 1. Arriving amid a crush of paparazzi to see Oliver! at London's Theatre Royal in March 2009 and 2. Still got it: Michael at 50 in rehearsals for his planned This is it series of concerts at London's O2 arena. Sadly, his untimely passing meant the show would not go on.
    And this is it guys.
    My opinion?
    As I already said too many photos with Michael as a child and teenager.
    Too many (much too many) photos with the Jackson 5.
    Zero photos with Mr. and Mrs. Jackson.
    Zero tributes from Elizabeth Taylor or Macaulay Culkin (and probably many other celebrity close friends).
    And the most important thing: no photo with his children.

I have this strange feeling that someone is trying to make me acknowledge the fact that Michael was black and that the most important period in his life was Jackson 5 period.
    And I don't think is just a feeling. I'm almost convinced that this is the message of this album.
    And I don't think that this was Michael's idea. Somebody else took over the creation of this album after June 25.
    Even if the publisher says that only the Estate representatives were involved in this, I don't believe him. I think the family was very involved too.
    But then: why there is not a single photo of the parents? and also no photos of the children?
    <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • LeahLeah Posts: 13
    Im hopfully going to buy it when i get payed next which is in about 2 months time <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> , Does any one no if they stop selling it after a certain amount of time? I hope not <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->

L.O.V.E
    I can't wait to receive mine...

Leah, they stop selling when they are all sold.
    I ordered it via ticketmaster, but as far as I can see they don't sell it anymore. They redirect you to krakenopus now.