OPUS

13»

Comments

• Question..
    do you think that later on it will become a good investment?
    I already have one, and I'm contemplating buying another and keeping it sealed.
    Do you think later down the road it'll be a money draw?
  • Question..
    do you think that later on it will become a good investment?
    I already have one, and I'm contemplating buying another and keeping it sealed.
    Do you think later down the road it'll be a money draw?

YES on both. Earlier in the thread I saw that Princes' Opus is like 2 grand. When they are gone they are gone is my understanding and they are so pricy to begin with its not like something that is gonna be laying around at resale shops <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> They are advertised as something that can be passed down as a keepsake so yeah I think it would be a good invest. I want one and I hope when I can get one they are still available.
  • darkchilddarkchild Posts: 1,161
    I cannot afford the Opus right now! I am just too poor! <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
  • I cannot afford the Opus right now! I am just too poor! <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
    I feel you...and no end in site <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o -->
  • NOPE I just looked no 8/25/58-06/25/09, no R.I.P. nope..there is a sections with the title "Legends don't die" with a page of tributes from Shaq, Olivis Newton John, Arsenio Hall, but there is pages of others talking about Michael, again nothing from his closest friends personally like Dame Liz, Diana, Liza, Mac etc, there is anoother section titled "A Life with Michael" which is Fans' Tributes. Then in the last pages there is Personal Tributes in order of how they appeared in the Opus:
    Rev. Jesse Jackson, Quincy Jones, Berry Gordy,Neil Preston,Suzanne De Passe, Tony Jones, Smokey Robinson,Jin Britt,Raphael Saadiq, David Foster,Teddy Riley,Jimmy Jam,Travis Payne, Paula Abdul,Cris Judd,John Landis,Peter Guber,Steve Whitsitt,John Singelton,Deborah Landis,Kimora Lee Simmons,matthew Rolston, Lionel Richie,Wade Robson, David Blaine,Ken Kragen,Alan Buz Kohan,Jane Goodall, Annie Salijevic,Nate Giorgio,David Nordahl,Celine Laveil, Sugar Ray Leonard, Frank Dileo, Jerry Greenberg, Shaq,Mike Tyson,Sevion Glover,Olivia Newton John,Arsenio Hall,Jane Fonda,Verdine White,Spike Lee and Reinet "willow"Loubser.

All these people wrote a story of how they met or an experience etc.

So if there is one you want me to read and break down in here for you let me know and I will read it and share.. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Again the book is 400+ pages and I just got it yesterday before work so tonight I will do alot of reading. I can jump ahead to any part you guys want .

AGAIN of couse people talk like he is gone but nowher in this opus does it say RIP or Dates of his death. visibly on one page as a memorial..

I just spent a couple of days looking into all these people. Trying to find out how close Michael himself was to them. Kind of came up with mixed results. I know some of the artists he was close with. Nate I think he was still friends with prior to June 25th 09. The only person I can see as a more recent friend is the Annie girl and I never heard of her before. She wrote a blog entry (I cant find it now) about him and being on the TII rehearsals but insisting on only sharing the childhood story in the opus. My friend has her on fb (uses a different last name on it though) but I wasnt approved when i requested to add her. She just seems to be the only one who I heard was around more recently. I wasnt so surprised about Liz Taylor not being in it though. She's an older lady. Was Mac still close to Michael at all?

Upon reviewing all the 'evidence' and the lack of tributes from his closer friends in general, not just in this book - Chris Tucker and Liz Taylor mostly - I've been finding this whole situation more and more bizarre. I can't claim I believe in the hoax yet though but you guys have collected some amazing information here and I'll keep reading with an open mind.
  • i didnt notice this thread here lol, ty ROFL, How are you guys getting Opus like 170-$250 for it? When i looked was, like 350-$800 at least lol, like $88 for postage & handling off kranken website, but $249 for book, but kranken is sold out atm.
  • I bought mine last year when they were taking pre-publication orders. The regular price at that time as I understood it was to be around $250. If you ordered it before it was printed it was offered at a lower price, and that offer was for a short time only. I paid a total of $193 and that included shipping. I bought it through Ticket Master. You had to register with them in order to buy it. Those who are trying to get one should probably start with Ticket Master and ask them about the book and see what they say.

Earlier in August 09 I was surfing the internet trying to read everything I could about MJ, when I stumbled upon and article about MJ and the Opus book. In the article there were pictures of MJ and an executive of Opus showing MJ a preview of the book. And they were saying how excited he was about the book. I thought I had bookmarked that site but I hadn't, bummer! And I couldn't find it again. So when I read that the project was to continue and the book was going to be published, I was elated!

I paid for it in September 09 and they promised it would be delivered before Christmas and it was. The only thing is the special card that would allow you to watch special MJ videos over the internet did not come with it and they said they were trying to come up with another way to do the video viewing that would keep those who didn't buy the book but some how got their hand on the card from viewing the videos. I Think that email came some time earlier in 2010 and I have heard nothing since then.

I bought the book in support of MJ! If it is selling for the $600-800, it is because it is no longer being printed! And you know what happens to the price when things go out of print!

Blessings!

P.S. I simply love the book!
  • willddoMJwillddoMJ Posts: 699
    that post has nothing do with this topic? <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->
  • stephsteph Posts: 177
    that post has nothing do with this topic? <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->[/quote
    that`s what i was thinking ?