London tribute 2010 for Jackson cancelled

Secret DoveSecret Dove Posts: 412
edited January 1970 in General Hoax Investigation
Credit goes too Shirley from MJHD.net
Vienna
- The Michael Jackson tribute concert in London that was scheduled for next June has been cancelled, as the show's Austrian organizer announced Friday that is being liquidated.

Promoter Georg Kindel and his now-defunct company World Awards Media and Jackson's brother Jermaine had already disappointed European fans in summer by first announcing a Vienna tribute concert for September and then cancelling it because of a lack of stars and funds.

World Awards Media's majority owner, Vienna-based consumer fund Superfund, issued a press release on behalf of Kindel's company, saying that it would be dissolved.

After the failed Vienna show, Jermaine Jackson said London would be the ideal concert location because that was where Michael Jackson had planned to stage his comeback concerts.

Jackson died from medication overdose in June, shortly before the scheduled London performances.

Read more: <!-- m -->http://www.monstersandcritics.com/news/<!-- m --> ... z0a37xIRNn

<!-- m -->http://www.monstersandcritics.com/news/<!-- m --> ... nizers-say

Comments

• MJJ1982MJJ1982 Posts: 1,282
    I can't find the article on that website.

I'm very disappointed if this is true...
  • it sounds a bit fishy to me <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
    I want to hear it from JerKmaine himself...
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    Whahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha, I NEVER would have thought that would happen, <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• surprising <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • LorrieLorrie Posts: 232
    Interesting how the article states Michael died from a "medication overdose." That's a polite way to put it and nice to see.
    I can't find the article on that website.
    Here's the working link:
    London tribute for Jackson cancelled, Austrian organizers say

The article's source is Deutsche Presse-Agentur, so it looks legit and reliable. The website Monsters and Critics is legit and reliable also, despite the odd name.
    Thank you Lorrie.
  • bobobobo Posts: 44
    I'm happy. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    I'm not so happy, because I cancelled my trip to the exhibition, just to go to the tribute...
    My suspicion grew in the last few weeks, so I should have known better.
  • Wow! that is quite a surprise <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o -->
    It's not really a surprise to me, but I'm just disappointed...
  • hmm 3 months was too quick for a worldwide tribute concert, but a year has to be enough time...I wonder why it was canceled?
  • Eva REva R Posts: 1,217
    I am also a bit disappointed. I wanted to go there. I thought Michael would come back there... I thought people would lose hope if London tribute were over or something.
    I just hope nobody will lose faith!!
  • so does that mean christmas comeback is ready to go now?!1 <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> omg atleast we sont have to wait a year im sure this means christmas guys!!!!! <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • so does that mean christmas comeback is ready to go now?!1 <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> omg atleast we sont have to wait a year im sure this means christmas guys!!!!! <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Why do you think he'll come back on Christmas? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> Just because the London tribute was cancelled doesn't mean he's coming back Christmas day! <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> I wouldn't get your hopes up. If nothing happens, you don't be disappointed... <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| -->
  • KukiKuki Posts: 346
    Again................... <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: -->
  • TerezaTereza Posts: 2,074
    Something tells me that it is not going to be Christmas Day...but that's just my intuition.
    Of course, I would be more than happy about it.
    But I think it's better for us to just let it surprise us someday.
  • Here is the link to the story posted by the OP:
    http://www.monstersandcritics.com/news/europe/news/article_1520090.php/London-tribute-for-Jackson-cancelled-Austrian-organizers-say

And another story about this:

JERMAINE JACKSON'S TRIBUTE SHOW FOR MICHAEL IN JEOPARDY
    18 December 2009 16:21
    A global tribute to MICHAEL JACKSON planned by older brother JERMAINE has been thrown into jeopardy following the liquidation of the Austrian company organising the event.
    Jermaine teamed up with promoters at World Awards Media to schedule a star-studded show in Vienna, Austria on 26 September (09) in honour of the late King of Pop, but the event was scrapped amid planning problems and shifted to London for June 2010.
    But now the rescheduled show looks to be in trouble - an executive decision to dissolve World Awards Media was made at the end of November (09). A company statement did not provide further details.
    Former World Awards Media chief promoter Georg Kindel told the Austria Press Agency he did not know if Jermaine would still be going ahead with the event.
    The Thriller hit maker died on 25 June (09), aged 50.
    http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/jermaine-jacksons-tribute-show-for-michael-in-jeopardy_1126169
  • Sorry guys but I have to say-I told you so! On the thread asking who will be going most of you were showing great interest and some were even going from other countries and I said I will not go, not plan to go etc as look what happened to the last one in Vienna. This does not surprise me in the least. If after all these aborted half hearted attempts if he does eventually manage to pull one off there will be no ticket sales and no audience as no-one will have any faith in him. So much for all you who thought it would be Michaels big comeback.
    If Michaels "death hoax" was left to the sole responsibility of Jermaine to organise then Michael would now be doing the gruelling 02 concerts and would be in the "land of the living" as Jermaine could not organise a drunken *iss up in a brewery!!
    <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • I'm sorry for you, guys, who planned to go there. Although i'd unlikely have the opportunity, it is still very disappointing. Hoax or not, MJ deserves a great tribute and the impotence of people involved in organizing it is just frustrating....

I'd have to laugh though if now AEG will step in... that would be some deja-vu!
  • Cancelled two times - smells like HOAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • angelshadowangelshadow Posts: 8,257
    Yes two cancellations ......... Hoax
  • Yes two cancellations ......... Hoax

I agree with you <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • LoesLoes Posts: 612
    Cancelled two times - smells like HOAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, no, we need 7 cancels .... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

2ebaamu.jpg
  • larablarab Posts: 323
    this is funny <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->