Elizabeth Taylor Funeral Service Today

Comments

• Iam watching KTLA right now (news channel from Los Angeles) and you see the media and all there. Not quite the "circus" that Michael's funeral and memorial was but still alot of attention

While i do find it a bit odd that Liz is going to be buried at FL and they confirmed she too with be buried in the moselium NEAR Michael and not near her parents as thought still for me this doesnt change a thing and Michael is alive
  • _Anna__Anna_ Posts: 1,739
    I looked at TMZ LIVE and all the people from there, behind Harvey, all are wearing black
  • brunob12brunob12 Posts: 162
    Elizabeth said she wanted to be buried next to Mike? And how did she knew he would die before her? I mean, I know life is unpredictable but how can you assume someone almost 30 years younger will die before you?

All of this remembers me of Katherine's interview with Oprah <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

Edit: 77th post <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    If Liz really wants to be buried close to MJ, it's not that weird if she is buried at FL. Maybe Mike really bought those spots. I guess Liz assumed she would go first anyway, since there is an age difference of more than 25 years. So why would this be such an issue?

I bet those gay-haters weren't expecting this either, are they spotted yet?

I agree with Grace, how would some of you react when things will really get tough?

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• _Anna__Anna_ Posts: 1,739
    Elizabeth said that after June 25 2009
  • pepperpepper Posts: 558
    kdkennedy74, I agree with you.
    "I don't know what to make of this article. Having the service the day after her death is rather quick and everything I have heard up until this is that she would be buried with her parents. To me personally this makes more sense as I would think her children and grandchildren would want her to be in the family plot. While I admire the friendship that she and MJ had, I do not believe that she would override her wishes to be next to her parents. Maybe I am wrong but from everything I have read she was close to her parents so there was not an estrangement there to make her change her mind. MJ and ET were best friends but I feel that blood is thicker than water so I am not buying this. Like I said, could be wrong, but will wait and see. I think this is more media drama. Even if this is true what I am understanding the reports to say is that she will be in the same cemetary but not necessarily the same location".

I am thinking more media drama to get people like us stirring. Also I would tend to agree with the family plot and being next to her parents. I think TMZ is just playing with our emotions. As for arrangements being made so quickly as posted previously, I am sure Liz's arrangements were made along time ago. As for all of this happening so quickly, this could just be a set up and have been said purposely so the family could have private time at another date. Let's wait until scorpionchik gets back from FL. Maybe she'll find something out for us. Take care, Love to All

It makes me think of how Elizabeth didn't want to get involved in all the "hoopla" at Michael's Memorial at the Staples Center. Most likely she and her family both realized that the quicker everything is done and over with, the sooner the "hoopla" will end. So having the funeral the day after her death (especially since it was "expected") is one way to end a lot of media speculation, drama and hoopla. IMO

And thanks also to scorpionchik for going to check this out.
  • fordtocarrfordtocarr Posts: 1,547
    Elizabeth said that after June 25 2009

even still, just means, when they both are dead, she wants to be near him. Not that well, he IS dead so when I am, put me by him.
  • fordtocarrfordtocarr Posts: 1,547
    You know, when it was Michael's funeral, I don't remember seeing these buildings and the guard post right there. I remember a long drive. I'd have remembered because these buildings look the tudor style like Hayvenhurst is.
  • ROFLROFL Posts: 530
    Sorry that grief, however real or unreal, is received as if it's offensive. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> It's an emotion. Either it will pass or it won't but there's no need for the mods to be insensitive to people who are feeling it after receiving this sad news. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> That is certainly not Michaelish. I have nothing more to say on this discussion, so I'll just read for awhile.
    I didnt say grief is offensive and Im not being insensitive and it has nothing to do with being a mod, if i were a simple member i would have said the same...and there's nothing like "Michaelish" to me. Carry on
  • let's just sit back and watch and wait , calmly
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    Sorry that grief, however real or unreal, is received as if it's offensive. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> It's an emotion. Either it will pass or it won't but there's no need for the mods to be insensitive to people who are feeling it after receiving this sad news. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> That is certainly not Michaelish. I have nothing more to say on this discussion, so I'll just read for awhile.
    I didnt say grief is offensive and Im not being insensitive and it has nothing to do with being a mod, if i were a simple member i would have said the same...and there's nothing like "Michaelish" to me. Carry on

Carry on what? and I don’t comprehend the last part: …and there’s nothing like “Michaelish” to me?
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    Just now turned on the live stream, has anyone arrived? I think we would have seen them by now, the funeral's supposedly started 7 minutes ago .. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • Tink.I.AmTink.I.Am Posts: 878
    Not one option, there are several. Still.
    Calm down for your own sake please. There is no reason to freak out. Not a single reason.
    Forgotten what we learned so far?
    What will happen to you then when times will get really rough?
    I am really worried.

One step back and breathe, breathe, in and out.
    Then sit down and have a yoga sequence.
    Clean up for your own sake please. It is all for love.

totaly agree... it's all fine. It's sad that she is gone but she was old and sick/ill. I believe michael will let us now in his own time. Now we should let him have his time to rmember his beloved friend.
  • kdkennedy74kdkennedy74 Posts: 264
    Went to TMZ website and can't find the live feed...anyone have the link?
  • becca26becca26 Posts: 789
    So she is not going to be near her parents? Is there even space near MJs Tomb? Is his name even put on it yet? Did Elizabeth ever go and visit that tomb? Sorry but just doesn't sound right to me. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • YuliaYulia Posts: 122
    they stopped streaming.... This is just a nightmare... it has to be
  • kdkennedy74kdkennedy74 Posts: 264
    Thank you Yulia, I was looking all over their site for it <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • becca26becca26 Posts: 789
    Also wonder whats going to be in her will? Did she leave anything to MJ or his children?
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    Just saw an advrtisement for tonights episode of Entertainment tonight stating they will be sharing where Elizabeth Taylor ‘WILL BE BURIED’ and disclosin contents of her Will on tonight’s episode. Somebody is full of shit. Don’t know who, but what ever happens...
  • finfinfinfin Posts: 648
    Went to TMZ website and can't find the live feed...anyone have the link?
    Try this X17online
    <!-- m -->http://x17online.com/celebrities/rip/x1 ... uneral.php<!-- m -->

and this TMZ
    <!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2011/03/24/livestrea ... -glendale/<!-- m -->
  • finfinfinfin Posts: 648
    Who Officiated Michael's funeral/burial ???
    <!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2011/03/24/liz-eliza ... n-cemetery<!-- m -->

Home : Liz Taylor : Liz Taylor's Funeral -- The A-List Rabbi
    Liz Taylor's Funeral -- The A-List Rabbi
    55 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

0324-rabbi-liz-taylor-ex.jpg

Liz Taylor's funeral will be officiated by a man with plenty of celebrity experience -- because he's helped bury dozens of them ... TMZ has learned.

Taylor is having a traditional Jewish burial ceremony at Forest Lawn cemetery in Glendale, CA right now -- and the man doing the service is Rabbi Jerry Cutler.

Cutler has presided over the funeral services for Milton Berle, Shelley Winters, Walter Matthau, Red Buttons and Jan Murray.

We're told Cutler had met Taylor through Jon Voight ... and Taylor's family specifically requested Rabbi Cutler to do her funeral.
  • Tink.I.AmTink.I.Am Posts: 878
    video from tmz... not much to see

<!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/?mediaKey=42fc2dd4-c ... reURL=true<!-- m -->
  • ni-co-leni-co-le Posts: 535
    They just showed on dutch television shownieuws sbs 6 that she is burried at forest lawn just 1 day after she died because she turned to be judish religion ...i saw a few seconds of it thats all they showed.... <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> on forest lawn it is ... <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o -->
  • YuliaYulia Posts: 122
    <!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2011/03/24/liz-taylo ... rest-lawn/<!-- m -->

click the : MORE FOREST LAW CELEBS..... and go through the gallery. there's no Michael, but anyway, they show here only people from Liz's era - old times actors and singers
  • I damn them all to hell.... why . WHY they allowed this LIE to last 20 months! WHY!!
    My heart is torn apart... I can't even talk. I can't believe my fear was true. This was never a hoax

Come on get a grip dear. If she is burried there it doesn't mean Michael is there.. Probably she was not on the hoax, and she did thing that Michael is there and wanted to be near him. Does that mean Michael is dead? NO.. I think this is more of a lie than anything else. Just let's wait and see, please do not give up hope. Have faith.