Elizabeth Taylor Funeral Service Today

123457»

Comments

• fordtocarrfordtocarr Posts: 1,547
    I have a question as this is Elizabeth's thread. It's about the DC. Doesn't it say name of funeral...??? What is that? Where is says Mount Sinai Mortuary. I noticed yesterday, that the sign out front of Forest Lawn calls it a memorial park and a mortuary. So they embalm, prepare the body there and "house" it too. Both places do, Mount Sinai, and Forest Lawn. WHY move from one to the other if they both do both? Why wouldn't the person just say, go to Forest Lawn to be "prepared" an have the service and burial there?
    I understand that Mount Sinai does jewish preparations, DON'T Forest Lawn? Does Michael's say he was Prepared someplace else then moved to FL??
    Just weird to me, esp. when Elizabeth had soooo little time before the funeral, to be moved from the hosp. to MSM then moved again to FL.
  • scorpionchikscorpionchik Posts: 2,669
    I don't know what DC says, it is not real one anyway, but Elizabeth Taylor yesterday was buried at the Great Mausoleum in Glendale FL. I don't get valid reason why would they trick people. We are not talking about another hoax right?

http://dailynews.mycapture.com/mycapture/enlarge.asp?image=34827297&event=1199469&CategoryID=26369&picnum=23&move=F#Image
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    I don't know what DC says, it is not real one anyway, but Elizabeth Taylor yesterday was buried at the Great Mausoleum in Glendale FL. I don't get valid reason why would they trick people. We are not talking about another hoax right?

http://dailynews.mycapture.com/mycapture/enlarge.asp?image=34827297&event=1199469&CategoryID=26369&picnum=23&move=F#Image

Maybe to trick the protesters.

What protesters? Who was protesting and why?
    Here is an article that would clear things up. I will quote only the important phrase:
    "She was interred at the Great Mausoleum, "sheltered beneath a soaring marble Michelangelo angel," the statement concluded.
    Forest Lawn in Glendale is also where Elizabeth's longtime close friend, Michael Jackson , is entombed. It was not immediately clear if Elizabeth chose to be buried near her friend or if it was merely a coincidence."

<!-- m -->http://movies.yahoo.com/news/usmovies.a ... y-glendale<!-- m -->
    I don't know!!
    I don't know!
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    I found this...... <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

rElizabeth Taylor, who converted to Judaism in 1959, is getting a Jewish funeral today at Forest Lawn cemetery in Glendale, California. It has absolutely nothing to do with Michael Jackson being entombed nearby. It's simply the preferred cemetery.

<!-- m -->http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-ne ... ting-place<!-- m -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Grace wrote:

Has anybody seen a reliable source for the news that Elizabeth died?
    Any reliable source? Not a tabloid, not a web gossip, a reliable source?
    I am not talking BBC or Reuters either.
    Who broke these news first? Twitter?
    Just asking.
    <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

scorpionchik wrote:

<!-- m -->http://dailynews.mycapture.com/mycaptur ... ve=F#Image<!-- m -->

I look at 23 photos of that link and they are all limousine, police and journalists who seem to be taking photos between them.
  • Liz' final resting place is blocked out on the DC. If it's all over the news that she is buried at FL, why block it? I don't think she's at FL.
    Maybe this is how TMZ received the DC.
    I read that the news of Elizabeth Taylor's funeral came out only a few hours before it started, so maybe it was blocked out because Elizabeth's family didn't want the crowd to gather there. Maybe they weren't 100% sure when the DC would get out for the public, so they thought that if it was out too soon, people would get enough time to go there.
    I'm just guessing though, I don't know the procedure how a DC gets to the press.
    Okay, another question. Do we really know anything about Elizabeth being Jewish after the marriage where she converted? OR was this just something the press ran with? Because, we know she celebrated Christian holidays...She got Michael to celebrate his first Christmas. And she celebrated Halloween (non-Christian and Jewish). I have had Jewish friends and they do NOT celebrate Christmas.
    Ideas? Smoke screen? I know sometimes we do things for the people we love (as Michael celebrating Christmas for Elizabeth then feeling awful afterward... and Elizabeth converting for her husband) but later we give up the other persons beliefs after we don't have the person any longer.
    Grace wrote:
    Has anybody seen a reliable source for the news that Elizabeth died?
    Any reliable source? Not a tabloid, not a web gossip, a reliable source?
    I am not talking BBC or Reuters either.
    Who broke these news first? Twitter?
    Just asking.
    <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
    scorpionchik wrote:

<!-- m -->http://dailynews.mycapture.com/mycaptur ... ve=F#Image<!-- m -->

I look at 23 photos of that link and they are all limousine, police and journalists who seem to be taking photos between them.

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> No, trust me, they were taking photos of arriving limos. As I said, Elizabeth was already at FL, so the only family arrived in limos at 2.11, without body. I was there.Actually I see my vehicle at one of the photos. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    Okay, another question. Do we really know anything about Elizabeth being Jewish after the marriage where she converted? OR was this just something the press ran with? Because, we know she celebrated Christian holidays...She got Michael to celebrate his first Christmas. And she celebrated Halloween (non-Christian and Jewish). I have had Jewish friends and they do NOT celebrate Christmas.
    Ideas? Smoke screen? I know sometimes we do things for the people we love (as Michael celebrating Christmas for Elizabeth then feeling awful afterward... and Elizabeth converting for her husband) but later we give up the other persons beliefs after we don't have the person any longer.

Yes, she was jewish therefore she was buried so quick. She was converted, but she might celebrate christmas with her friends. I really never think those details are big deal in general. You have to calm down, Ford. This has nothing to do with Michael being alive or dead. mixed-smiley-030.gif
    Okay, another question. Do we really know
    Yes, she was jewish therefore she was buried so quick. She was converted, but she might celebrate christmas with her friends. I really never think those details are big deal in general. You have to calm down, Ford. This has nothing to do with Michael being alive or dead. mixed-smiley-030.gif

NICE
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Elizabeth Taylor Buried Close To Michael Jackson
    The legendary actress' funeral has taken place at Forest Lawn cemetery...

11:06, Friday, 25 March 2011
    Hollywood legend Elizabeth Taylor has been laid to rest at the Forest Lawn Memorial Park cemetery in Los Angeles.

The screen icon, who passed away earlier this week after suffering from congestive heart failure, is thought to have been buried near her close friend, Michael Jackson
    <!-- m -->http://www.mtv.co.uk/artists/elizabeth- ... el-jackson<!-- m -->
  • backstagerbackstager Posts: 291
    Elizabeth Taylor Buried Close To Michael Jackson
    The legendary actress' funeral has taken place at Forest Lawn cemetery...

11:06, Friday, 25 March 2011
    Hollywood legend Elizabeth Taylor has been laid to rest at the Forest Lawn Memorial Park cemetery in Los Angeles.

The screen icon, who passed away earlier this week after suffering from congestive heart failure, is thought to have been buried near her close friend, Michael Jackson
    <!-- m -->http://www.mtv.co.uk/artists/elizabeth- ... el-jackson<!-- m -->

And by "is thought to have been buried near her close friend" I'm assuming they are referring to the many fans that think Michael Jackson is actually in that crypt.
  • mjlovebugmjlovebug Posts: 122
    Consider this, maybe FL IS the final resting place of Michael Jackson. It is not uncommon for people of wealth two assigned a resting place for themselves and their loved ones so they can be close long before it is expected for them to die. Do you not think it's odd that there are empty spots to left and right of Michael jackson's resting place that was bought by the family. If I had read correctly and the media saying that she was buried next to Michael. This is not in no way making me have the slightest doubt that he is alive for the above reasons that I gave. I do believe that when he does die FL will be his final resting place. So it's understandable why Elizabeth Taylor was buried there. Because one day he will join her. i thank that the other spots are for other loved ones as wwell. you guys freak out of over the silliest things

as for why their was a funeral to fast, it is Jewish la to have the body in the ground as fast a possible

also the westboro church was going to picket her funeral, so maybe this was a way to avoided then

you guys freak out of over the silliest things
  • GalaxyGalaxy Posts: 69
    <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • Lovely OneLovely One Posts: 430
    Don't worry guys...Michael is alive <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

It is most certain that Liz and Michael bought funeral plots together years ago. Just because the crypt
    is Michael's doesn't mean he is in there. Maybe SOMEDAY Michael will be buried in that spot but not
    now....Have faith! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891

What protesters? Who was protesting and why?

These. <!-- l -->viewtopic.php?f=172&t=18415<!-- l -->