What is up with Janet

MJ King Of PopMJ King Of Pop Posts: 209
edited January 1970 in General Hoax Investigation
yesterday i was reading the news of the world and they had a pice with Janet the head line was:

MICHAEL'S CRUEL JIBES ABOUT MY BIG BUTT MADE ME STARVE MYSELF

she said he told her she needed to be thinner and pointed to a girl with his ideal figure she was white svelte and had a petit bot.She also said that he had all sorts of names for her

Michael would never do that.This makes me angry <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x -->

L.O.V.E

Comments

• SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    "Michael would never do that."

How would you know. When I gain too much weight my brothers can be mean as well, believe me and I know that they love me to death.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• "Michael would never do that."

How would you know. When I gain too much weight my brothers can be mean as well, believe me and I know that they love me to death.

your right i wouldn't know
  • KimKim Posts: 245
    I don't believe that Michael would say something like that...
    I'm just saying...Look at Debbie Rowe... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

Absolutely agree with you Souza! My step brothers can say really mean jokes to me sometimes, if i'm gaining weight, but i know that they are doing it only because they can't talk serious with me about this stuff and they want me to look great and feel healthy.I'm kinda like Janet i can get a lot of weight, but then lose it very fast.
    I don't know what Michael would say, but unfortunately we don't know him personally and we don't know what he may or may not say. Michael is a sweet and kind person for sure, but maybe he was being a little bit mean to Janet because that's the only way it will work on her. You know maybe nice and kind conversations did not work on her.
    But again it may be just another TABLOID TRASH! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • I guess when it comes to family they can say whatever they want, because of course their family...it doesn't mean it's right...but family is different opposed to saying it to someone who is not your family.
    I mean...Debbie Rowe is not super skinny... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • I don't believe that Michael would say something like that...

But Debbie Rowe is not a performer as Janet <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> Janet has to dance and move a lot while singing at her concerts, it will be pretty hard to do with extra weight on.
    Michael loved all people, no matter if they were fat or super skinny, I wish all people were like him, but for a performer is better to be fit <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    I don't believe that Michael would say something like that...

But Debbie Rowe is not a performer as Janet <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> Janet has to dance and move a lot while singing at her concerts, it will be pretty hard to do with extra weight on.
    Michael loved all people, no matter if they were fat or super skinny, I wish all people were like him, but for a performer is better to be fit <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Aaaahaaa! Now I know what you mean! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> You are right about that.
  • Bee BeeBee Bee Posts: 391
    She's always been complaining about that! When they were young, he teased her about it, and she can't get herself to forgive him, even though - when asked - she admitted that he apologized later on. La Toya wrote in her book that Janet can hold a grudge for a very long time... I believe that. She has issues and she loves to blame others for them, as it seems.

If Michael wanted his younger sister to lose weight, I'm on his side, seriously.
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    That's what brother's do. It might not be nice and definitely not right, but it's life. Janet you are lucky you didn't have my brother. Time to get over it and move on I say.
  • katoooooookatooooooo Posts: 371
    michael himself told that he was saying that to janet when she was young in the book «Moonwalk»
  • angranityangranity Posts: 339
    Uhm, how can you say he would never do that? We can never know what was going on with his family.

Also, I think that's just how brothers are supposed to be when they care. They don't want their sisters to be fat or anything, - I think. That wouldn't be good for Michael either. Just saying.. not intending to offend anybody. <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->
  • Janet also writes about this in her new book, "True You." She aknowledges that she may have taken her brothers teasing a bit hard. On pg. 26 of the book she states,"My opinion of myself-even my literal vision of myself-was determined by how I thought others perceived me. I emphasize "thought" because I really didn't know. My brother Mike may not have seen me as fat; he was just teasing. But I took his teasing to heart. I embraced it, internalized it, and without knowing it, became tormented by it for years to come." ~
  • katoooooookatooooooo Posts: 371
    michael himself told that he was saying that to janet when she was young in the book «Moonwalk»
    oops mistake it's in ''the Michael Jackson tapes''
    here is the part
    ''I said you have to lose weight cause you look like a fat cow. I would tell her and that was mean of me to say that. She would say Shut up and I'd say you shut up. But i was determinated to make my sister look good because deep in my heart I love her and I want to make her shine and when she became a star on, you know...records, I was so happy and proud because, you know, she did it''

Not only my sibling will tell me but my kids. Oh yes they can be pretty mean at times <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> but they do it because they love us.
  • I don't believe that Michael would say something like that...

I agree with you he wasn't in love with Debbie, he wanted someone who can give him children, look it did not last did it? I think Michael likes sexy girls without any fat on them... By the way he accepts every type of people,and yes there should be more people like him but if he had to chose a woman to marry it will be a sexy girl. I am sure he will not marry or be with a woman who weighs 200lbs and over.. just a thought.
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    I hope that Michael is not that vain and will marry who ever he falls in love with who treats him like a man is suppose to be treated. If she happens not to be young and pretty and the perfect size zero, I would hope that would not be the determining factor. I’ve known people who have married just the opposite from what was expected of them and are very happy and compatible.
  • I hope that Michael is not that vain and will marry who ever he falls in love with who treats him like a man is suppose to be treated. If she happens not to be young and pretty and the perfect size zero, I would hope that would not be the determining factor. I’ve known people who have married just the opposite from what was expected of them and are very happy and compatible.

i agree with you 100% it should be this way. appearances shouldn't count it is what you have inside of you, in your heart.. blessings.
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    I don't see anything wrong with this. My brother used to call me with different names which were not very nice at all. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> And my mom warns me when I gain a couple of weights. It's for my health also, not only for the way I look. I'm sure that Michael did it for the same purposes. Nothing bad or wrong in this.
  • good grief <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
    my brother would put your head between his knees and jump up and down <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • Michael wanted you to look good, Janet! And now you do, it worked. That's all I gotta say. Michael knows what it takes to be a good performer and he obviously know a thing or two about being skinny. Janet's gorgeous and she partially has Michael to thank. <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    I guess I just take it that it is what it is. He could have said nothing and she could have gained 50 lbs. and been happy or not. There's possible more blame on their parents trying to make them superstars and successful, and MJ is saying he wanted her to be successful, so he's pressuring just like their dad Joe. Joe could have given up on the Jackson5 dream, and just worked with cranes, and they all could have been happy and poor, and no one would have ever heard of them. MJ was a very typical outspoken brother who like most men also happened to like legs and butts of women. No problem, and if he had said nothing, Janet would/could have blamed it on some other factor like mean friends or being big-boned. Garnering sympathy from fans with a victim story is always advantagous.

Personally when I saw one interview of Janet talking about this, my opinion was that she was overly sensitive, and perhaps the media encouraged her to put a little blame on MJ, because it's always open season on tearing him down.

My brothers sometimes put me down, and my sons their sister occasionally. That's family life, and there's love between us all in the end.
  • I hope that Michael is not that vain and will marry who ever he falls in love with who treats him like a man is suppose to be treated. If she happens not to be young and pretty and the perfect size zero, I would hope that would not be the determining factor. I’ve known people who have married just the opposite from what was expected of them and are very happy and compatible.

According to Lisa, Michael made comments about her weight too. It seems to me that Michael can be rather vain when it comes to appearance, not only his own (which is probably due at least in part to his own physical insecurities) but other people's as well.

I've read about him making fun of Janet's weight before; in fact, I think he has even addressed it himself. Quite frankly, I think it's downright rude to make fun of anyone, including family members. Being related to someone shouldn't be a free pass to make fun of them. And considering how often Joe and other family members made fun of Michael's nose, you would think that he would have been more sensitive towards Janet's feelings. I have a lot of respect for Janet, and I don't blame her one bit for calling Michael out on his rudeness towards her. It obviously still bothers her or she wouldn't keep addressing it.
  • cassicassi Posts: 175
    I hope that Michael is not that vain and will marry who ever he falls in love with who treats him like a man is suppose to be treated. If she happens not to be young and pretty and the perfect size zero, I would hope that would not be the determining factor. I’ve known people who have married just the opposite from what was expected of them and are very happy and compatible.

According to Lisa, Michael made comments about her weight too. It seems to me that Michael can be rather vain when it comes to appearance, not only his own (which is probably due at least in part to his own physical insecurities) but other people's as well.

I've read about him making fun of Janet's weight before; in fact, I think he has even addressed it himself. Quite frankly, I think it's downright rude to make fun of anyone, including family members. Being related to someone shouldn't be a free pass to make fun of them. And considering how often Joe and other family members made fun of Michael's nose, you would think that he would have been more sensitive towards Janet's feelings. I have a lot of respect for Janet, and I don't blame her one bit for calling Michael out on his rudeness towards her. It obviously still bothers her or she wouldn't keep addressing it.

I love the honesty, and i agree. we all love mike but right is right and wrong is wrong. he's human like the rest of us, therefore he has faults too.

I love the honesty, and i agree. we all love mike but right is right and wrong is wrong. he's human like the rest of us, therefore he has faults too.

I also agree...sometimes it plays more on your mind when a family member says it rather than someone you don't really know.