What is up with Janet

2»

Comments

• MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    I don't think you can have it both ways. We love MJ's love for women, his love for his family especially Janet and his mother who also has extra lbs., and his vanity (in the amount that gave him the sex appeal and confidence on stage and his endearing bold candor in his lyrics and other speaking). It all goes together as a package deal. TAKE it out and I'm not sure we'd like what we saw as much. His is an irresistable charisma of peacock, lion and lamb. I think MJ and Janet will just have to work out their relationship issues, and I feel they love each other dearly.
  • MashMikeMashMike Posts: 1,312
    Well, it's true what Janet said,I read in his "Moonwalk" that he would make some remarks about her fat butt and show some pictures of cute top models with perfect bodies, so what??? When i used to gain weight my brother would do just the same thing , i don't konw why she has brought up that subject now? <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • allforloveallforlove Posts: 299
    I hope that Michael is not that vain and will marry who ever he falls in love with who treats him like a man is suppose to be treated. If she happens not to be young and pretty and the perfect size zero, I would hope that would not be the determining factor. I’ve known people who have married just the opposite from what was expected of them and are very happy and compatible.

According to Lisa, Michael made comments about her weight too. It seems to me that Michael can be rather vain when it comes to appearance, not only his own (which is probably due at least in part to his own physical insecurities) but other people's as well.

I've read about him making fun of Janet's weight before; in fact, I think he has even addressed it himself. Quite frankly, I think it's downright rude to make fun of anyone, including family members. Being related to someone shouldn't be a free pass to make fun of them. And considering how often Joe and other family members made fun of Michael's nose, you would think that he would have been more sensitive towards Janet's feelings. I have a lot of respect for Janet, and I don't blame her one bit for calling Michael out on his rudeness towards her. It obviously still bothers her or she wouldn't keep addressing it.
    I agree, it's rude to make fun about her weight. I do believe he did it, hoping she would lose some weight and thinking that it would be better for her because of her insecurity. But most of the time it has an opposite effect. Nevertheless it was wrong of him but in a strange kind of way it also makes me happy. To know he's not that perfect, but sometime act like a jerk is some kind of a relieve.
  • Well, it's true what Janet said,I read in his "Moonwalk" that he would make some remarks about her fat butt and show some pictures of cute top models with perfect bodies, so what??? When i used to gain weight my brother would do just the same thing , i don't konw why she has brought up that subject now? <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

Janet has talked about this before, and she addresses it in her new book too (which discusses her lifelong weight issues). I think that is why it has been brought up again.
  • MashMikeMashMike Posts: 1,312
    I know but i think she takes MJ's words too seriously and cannot move on, it's time to close that page of her life and move on , i think no matter what she has always been pretty
  • this is a hoaxied reach but this subject kind of reminds me of the part of the bashir mj interview that we saw and michael made the comment that black people have big butts. i don't understand the dwelling on it so much on janets part , especially after the death of the person you are talking about.
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    this is a hoaxied reach but this subject kind of reminds me of the part of the bashir mj interview that we saw and michael made the comment that black people have big butts. i don't understand the dwelling on it so much on janets part , especially after the death of the person you are talking about.
    But he totally says it in a teasy sweet way, afterall he is a black man himself. I mean he could have said black women have big boobs. WOuld that be considered mean? I think this is way over-blown. I agree that Janet is simply making too much of it, especially like you say after your loved one is supposedly gone.
  • MJFAN7MJFAN7 Posts: 3,063
    They were just kids, I'm sure he never meant to intentionally hurt her feelings. He called her "Dunk" or whatever, then again I wouldn't believe the tabloids unless I saw Janet say this herself in a video. I thought she had always laughed along with him when he would tease her.
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    my brother would put your head between his knees and jump up and down <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • When Janet talks about Michael’s little teasing and her laughing yet sensitive reaction when they were kids, it is for many of us recognizable and a normal family thing. I think it shows that, although her family is a family in music and entertainment, it is also a normal family like you and I have.
    And I think that Janet’s weight changes now and then are recognizable for many women, which shows that she is a normal and sympathetic person coping with also uncertainties sometimes.

L.O.V.E.
  • msteetee34msteetee34 Posts: 1,234
    I think MJ did tease Janet but in a loving way that only a brother can do. When you have lots of siblings that's bound to happen. Someone is going to clown on somebody. It's like that in my family. Sometimes my sister says things to me that I think are rude but to her she is helping me. So I just say oh well that's just how she is. I just think MJ may have said it a little too much that Janet was self conscious about it. I doubt if Janet ever told him at the time that he made her feel bad by teasing her. I've actually seen footage on Youtube of MJ teasing his family when he was young. I've also seen Tito do it as well. It's just a family thing I can talk about my family but you can't type thing. I don't think MJ meant any harm by it.