EPIC RECORDS says "I'M BACK" with the link to the Bad video.

Comments

• PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    Going back to Epic would mean the end of Sony era? Could all this hoax be just for contractual policy? "Sony" Michael Jackson being free and back to Michael?

That's very a interesting mini-theory. There's certainly something going on with the many references to Bad era Michael in this whole fake death thing. You also can't ignore the Sony involvement. Are they in on it? Are they being hoaxed as well? Stay tuned... it's a great story for sure.

Epic Records is owned by Sony. Voice made this post on the first page. I do believe that there are some key people who know about the hoax at Sony too.
    Thank you for sharing this - this is really interesting.

Epic Records is owned by Sony Music Entertainment.
    Today

Epic Records is today owned by Sony Music Entertainment. Sony bought CBS Records in 1987, and the company was renamed Sony Music in 1991. In 2004, Sony merged with another powerhouse music distributor, BMG, bringing labels such as Epic, Arista, Columbia, RCA, Jive, and many others under one parent company, Sony BMG. In February 2009, singer/songwriter Amanda Ghost was appointed president of Epic Records.[3] Later in the year, Sony BMG Music (during a reconsolidation of labels) merged Epic and Columbia's operations, and subsequently formed the Columbia/Epic Label Group — but both labels continue to operate as separate brands. Sony BMG's Legacy Recordings reissues the company's classic and catalogue titles.

<!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epic_Records<!-- m -->
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    Yeah I know it's a subsidiary, they did all of MJs albums, is that right?

I think it's a legit clue (the, "I'M BACK"----> Bad video link). I also think it's almost 100% necessary for someone at Sony to be in on this. It would explain a great deal, especially in regards to this new Michael hoax album.

I think it's a legit clue (the, "I'M BACK"----> Bad video link). I also think it's almost 100% necessary for someone at Sony to be in on this. It would explain a great deal, especially in regards to this new Michael hoax album.

Exactly. Totally agree. Michael must have some strong links with Sony.
  • And check what is written on the pic.

ISSUE O7

Issue 07 could mean track 7 of Michael, which is Breaking News. Will there be breaking news??

Thats wat i was thinking maby they will give us a clue or maby Mike will come out. <!-- sparty/ -->party/<!-- sparty/ -->
  • Mm, very promising. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Even if it is a new album, to me, that's still pretty cool. Can't wait for the final Blue Gangsta and the full A Place With(out) No Name, since Dr. Freeze says they're going to be on the second album.

what is this Blue Gangsta talk?
    Are you referring to Gangsta, his song with Tempamental?
    He is saying "I'm the NEW gangsta!"
    I don't know if thats what the Blue Gangsta thing means....
    Never heard about this stuff until the Death Hoax started.
  • Yeah I know it's a subsidiary, they did all of MJs albums, is that right?

The Jacksons were signed to Epic, so Mike goes WAY BACK with Epic. Sony owning them is icing on the cake <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->. I don't think its really MJ having connections, I think its MJ himself posting "I'm Back". Why not? He's powerful enough, isn't he?

Off Topic: Purelove, I know where you're coming from and thanks for trying to look out for the forum. I'm getting the same vibes from those two as well.
  • CCCC Posts: 2,136

The Jacksons were signed to Epic, so Mike goes WAY BACK with Epic. Sony owning them is icing on the cake <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->. I don't think its really MJ having connections, I think its MJ himself posting "I'm Back". Why not? He's powerful enough, isn't he?

Off Topic: Purelove, I know where you're coming from and thanks for trying to look out for the forum. I'm getting the same vibes from those two as well.

Could be that MJ made a deal with Sony to stay away from SOny owning Epic, like if Sony give to him Epic to leave Sony??? So now MJ owns Epic???
  • xxmjxxxxmjxx Posts: 304
    I saw that Epic records changed their banner, added Michael on his toes and they made an interesting post. Here is a screenshot for you guys to see.

2vd43k0.jpg

The video they give the link of is the BAD video. But instead of Bad, they wrote I'm Back. I'm not so sure what to make of it but can it be about the person called Back or is it a clue about him turning back? What do you guys think about this? And just for the record, the Official Michael Jackson Twitter Page posted this picture just an hour ago.

34q2rl5.jpg
    Thanks for this....when i saw that pic of him on the stairs......wow my heart missed a beat. <!-- smichael-jackson/ -->michael-jackson/<!-- smichael-jackson/ -->
  • Yeah I know it's a subsidiary, they did all of MJs albums, is that right?

Could be that MJ made a deal with Sony to stay away from SOny owning Epic, like if Sony give to him Epic to leave Sony??? So now MJ owns Epic???

CC - could you explain your thought a little more? I'm not following you but it's an interesting idea. I just don't know how it would benefit either Sony or Michael.

About Michael leaving Sony - that new history breaking deal with Sony that the Estate made was for 10 years, right? We mustn't forget that he's forever (or unless it's sold) tied to Sony with the ATV catalog. He has a lot at stake being 1/2 owner. However, with his clout in Sony/ATV and with his value in Epic, that would make him pretty powerful in the Sony world as he holds a lot of influence in both subsidiaries, IMO.

I keep thinking about a video I saw (still waiting for the next part to come out) where they said Michael has been buying up stock in Sony Entertainment. I would die laughing if he came back and said he outwitted Sony by buying up the majority of Sony stock. However, I think that's impossible as one would have to disclose who they are. But it's fun to think about.

I, also think that Sony is involved in this hoax. At least some at the top would need to know. There is no way that they can't be. But that's just my belief. Blessings.
  • CCCC Posts: 2,136
    Hi! english is not my language and for me is dificult to write exactly what i´m thinking... but i´ll try...
    Mj say he OWNS half of Sony, so maybe at some point sony say: It´s enough, you can take it from here and MJ say: OK, I leave you but I want Epic... something like that LOL and that´s when MJ became the Epic owner.
    At some point (i think in the killer thriller party speech) Mj say that he only have to do 1 more bookset for sony and he will be free so... maybe this is it was the bookset and now he is free...
  • Steve Popovich is the one to the Right of Mike.
    Rest in Peace

356x238c_1307725301.jpg

OrangeLotus_8.jpg
    Steve Popovich is the one to the Right of Mike.
    Rest in Peace

356x238c_1307725301.jpg

OrangeLotus_8.jpg

Rest in Peace.
  • I've already posted this picture in another thread, but i think that it's more appropriate to post it here <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    195779_19691681472_3410039_n.jpg

They are pushing BAD era very hard now <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    I've already posted this picture in another thread, but i think that it's more appropriate to post it here <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    195779_19691681472_3410039_n.jpg

They are pushing BAD era very hard now <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Woahh, I haven't seen this one before. Thank you for posting it Kristina. What's with the Bad era? This question is in my head all the time. <!-- ssuspicious// -->suspicious//<!-- ssuspicious// -->
  • anewfananewfan Posts: 1,125
    )I moved this discussion to the proper place out of respect for people who don't like all this pointless fighting.
    http://www.michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=18198&start=475

@moon......Are you a moderator of the forum?
  • )I moved this discussion to the proper place out of respect for people who don't like all this pointless fighting.
    http://www.michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=18198&start=475

No. Why do you ask?
  • I've already posted this picture in another thread, but i think that it's more appropriate to post it here <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> 195779_19691681472_3410039_n.jpg They are pushing BAD era very hard now <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

I would guess these are two reasons why BAD album/era is so important.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_(album)
    Bad saw Jackson exercise even more artistic freedom than he did with his two previous Epic releases (Off the Wall and Thriller). On Bad, Jackson composed nine of the album's eleven tracks and received co-producer credit for the entire album

Bad was the first studio album Jackson released after leaving The Jackson 5 and the first in an almost five-year period following Thriller.[6] Bad was the third, and final, musical collaboration between Jackson and Quincy Jones.
    I've already posted this picture in another thread, but i think that it's more appropriate to post it here <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> 195779_19691681472_3410039_n.jpg They are pushing BAD era very hard now <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Bad saw Jackson exercise even more artistic freedom than he did with his two previous Epic releases (Off the Wall and Thriller). On Bad, Jackson composed nine of the album's eleven tracks and received co-producer credit for the entire album

Bad was the first studio album Jackson released after leaving The Jackson 5 and the first in an almost five-year period following Thriller.[6] Bad was the third, and final, musical collaboration between Jackson and Quincy Jones.

Yes, but what's Bad album's and era's connection with the hoax?
  • I've already posted this picture in another thread, but i think that it's more appropriate to post it here <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> 195779_19691681472_3410039_n.jpg They are pushing BAD era very hard now <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Yes, but what's Bad album's and era's connection with the hoax?

Ok, I see it this way: Thriller album is Michael's most successful album. Michael expected BAD to outsell Thriller, but was unsuccessful in his attempts. I think BAD started this self competition for Mike, he wanted to outdo Thriller. In an interview Michael says that he never keeps Grammys, Awards or anything in his house because he wants to constantly feel like he hasn't accomplished anything. The BAD era has a lot to do with anti-industry and its the era when people began to question his appearance and his choice of style and song. After BAD, everything he did was 'shocking' and 'controversial'. Thriller era, he was America's Prince who could do nothing wrong <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->. BAD era, he breaks away from his good boy image and shows his true creativity and originality. BAD is where it starts, in my opnion. BAD is when Michael became Michael. And I believe there is more than just one reason why this hoax is necessary in his career. TII concert tickets were selling like hot cakes, but the TII concert announcement was just a bit of a shake up for us, to get some new and exciting attention. The hoax is the pre-show and of course there is more to come (lets hope).
    BAD era probably has more significance than just this, but this is the best I can do right now. I'm pretty sleepy!
  • anewfananewfan Posts: 1,125
    )I moved this discussion to the proper place out of respect for people who don't like all this pointless fighting.

No. Why do you ask?

Usually moderators or admins are the only ones that are able to move posts to different threads, so I was curious.
  • )I moved this discussion to the proper place out of respect for people who don't like all this pointless fighting.

No. Why do you ask?

Usually moderators or admins are the only ones that are able to move posts to different threads, so I was curious.

I didn't move anything, i think my post was taken out of context. I was going to post a reply to someone, but figured it would be better if I put it in the Negativity Thread instead of here and the post in question was not meant to hurt Jentletouch's feelings, but merely to explain to him/her why I felt a certain way. You know, freedom of expression, that whole thing <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->. I felt it would be more appropriate there and I thought I was doing the right thing. But if not, I apologize to anyone who disagrees. Souza hasn't said anything about it so I'm not too worried, and its sort of old news by now anyway if it was ever news to begin with. But my intentions were to keep this thread on topic since I felt bad that I had participated in getting it off topic in the first place.
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    <!-- sbounce/ -->bounce/<!-- sbounce/ --> Every day a beautiful news ... and we are approaching to the fateful day ... WOWWW <!-- sbounce/ -->bounce/<!-- sbounce/ --> I'm very curious and impatient..... <!-- sgeek/ -->geek/<!-- sgeek/ --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->

<!-- smoonwalk_/ -->moonwalk_/<!-- smoonwalk_/ -->
  • lomaloma Posts: 1,366
    Topic was deleted I guess.
    http://www.michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=19565
    ^Silly user bashing here. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

loma do you know which mod created that thread in General talk? I didn't create that post. Why need to bring the discussion out there? <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> Can you delete it pls? I know Souza locked it but still I want it to be deleted. It looks like I created it but I didn't.
  • shelby61shelby61 Posts: 305
    1. "Bad" Michael Jackson 4:07
    2. "The Way You Make Me Feel" Michael Jackson 4:57
    3. "Speed Demon" Michael Jackson 4:01
    4. "Liberian Girl" Michael Jackson 3:53
    5. "Just Good Friends" (featuring Stevie Wonder) Terry Britten, Graham Lyle 4:06
    6. "Another Part of Me" Michael Jackson 3:54
    7. "Man in the Mirror" Siedah Garrett, Glen Ballard 5:20
    8. "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" (featuring Siedah Garrett) Michael Jackson 4:11
    9. "Dirty Diana" Michael Jackson 4:41
    10. "Smooth Criminal" Michael Jackson 4:17

I copied this from the Wikipedia - I think that this whole "Event" (I don't like calling it a hoax, because there is so much more to it than just a hoax) is based on the BAD Album. If you look at all the subplots of this "Great Show" ie the memorial, etc... it seems to tie into all the titles of the songs. Liberian Girl for sure is the basis of this whole "Event" except on a world wide scale. Man in the Mirror was definitely talked about alot and also Smooth Criminal. Many of the songs from This is It are from the BAD album. Perhaps we need to take a closer look at the words of these songs and what they meant to Michael.