MJ: Vote For the Greatest Singer of All Time NME

13»

Comments

• SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    <!-- sbeerchug -->beerchug<!-- sbeerchug --> <!-- sparty/ -->party/<!-- sparty/ -->
  • Mammu94Mammu94 Posts: 232
    yeesssssssss <!-- spenguin/ -->penguin/<!-- spenguin/ -->
    MJ fans are still the best!!
  • simalvessimalves Posts: 730
    Have you seen their rant about how he should not have won. Read the comments on the page, they really let her have it.

<!-- m -->http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog= ... &tb=1&pb=1<!-- m -->
    Michael Jackson: The Greatest Singer Ever…Really?

So Michael Jackson has topped our poll of the Greatest Singers Ever. Ever. Really?

Jackson’s pipes had some fine moments during his early career. ‘I Want You Back’, ‘I’ll Be There’ and ‘She’s Out Of My Life’ were all brilliant displays of youthful soulfulness and heart.

continued...

But it’s clear that for about 20 years towards the end of his career Michael Jackson’s voice was a parody of what it had formerly been. It had disappeared up its own backside, full of weird whoops, ghostly shrieking and so many vocal ticks that it deserved its own definition in the medical dictionary. Or, in fact, perhaps it did. I think it was called ‘Shamone-itis’.

Out of the list, my personal favourites are Kurt Cobain whose ghostly howl was profoundly affecting, like he was emoting every vowel...

...and David Bowie, who also sometimes pushed himself into parody, but whose best vocal performances lurch from cooingly gentle to matter-a-fact honest
  • GINAFELICIAGINAFELICIA Posts: 6,506
    Have you seen their rant about how he should not have won. Read the comments on the page, they really let her have it.

<!-- m -->http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog= ... &tb=1&pb=1<!-- m -->

So Michael Jackson has topped our poll of the Greatest Singers Ever. Ever. Really?

Jackson’s pipes had some fine moments during his early career. ‘I Want You Back’, ‘I’ll Be There’ and ‘She’s Out Of My Life’ were all brilliant displays of youthful soulfulness and heart.

continued...

But it’s clear that for about 20 years towards the end of his career Michael Jackson’s voice was a parody of what it had formerly been. It had disappeared up its own backside, full of weird whoops, ghostly shrieking and so many vocal ticks that it deserved its own definition in the medical dictionary. Or, in fact, perhaps it did. I think it was called ‘Shamone-itis’.

Out of the list, my personal favourites are Kurt Cobain whose ghostly howl was profoundly affecting, like he was emoting every vowel...

...and David Bowie, who also sometimes pushed himself into parody, but whose best vocal performances lurch from cooingly gentle to matter-a-fact honest

yeah they just don't get it....
    A singer is not only a voice.
    The others - good
    Michael - magical <!-- sbearhug -->bearhug<!-- sbearhug -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221

continued...

simalves
    Soldier

Topics: 58
    Private message Top

Report this postReply with quote Re: MJ: Vote For the Greatest Singer of All Time NME
    Post Number:#56 by GINAFELICIA » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:47 am

simalves wrote:

<!-- m -->http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=<!-- m --> ... &tb=1&pb=1

continued...

Still I have not seen the artists of now that does what Michael did in the scenes, and fewer these artists of now record an album it can be that a song is good, others are a garbage
  • MashMikeMashMike Posts: 1,312
    But who really cares for what they say?? These mean people are just mad that now, again MJ is #1, that his fans all over the world stood as one and voted for their favourite artist. What's wrong with them? They had the chance to vote for their favourite artist too but they weren't as active as we were and now they complain about it. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> Let's not pay attention to such mean and tasteless comments, neglection is the best tool. We all know that MJ is unique, noone will ever fill his shoes.