Lloyds of London - Medical exam NEVER DONE

Comments

• becbec Posts: 6,387
    Lloyd's contends it shouldn't have to pay the insurance policy because: "AEG and/or Jackson, knew but did not disclose that Jackson was taking prescription drugs and/or drugs prior to and at the time of his death
    It shouldn't pay the insurance not because of drugs but because Michael... is alive. So even worst for legal trouble. Where does this bring Michael if he comes back and is proved alive? He is so not coming back...

What you mean? It's a long winded article to remind everyone that no insurance claims will be made/paid. That's excellent for a comeback.

Like onthewingsoflove said, this was established in 2009, these reminders must be for you newbies, heartphantom, lol.
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    This is the article published by onthewingsoflove

Michael Jackson's Drug Use Could Void Concert Promoter's Insurance Policy
    By Julie Kent. Published on 08/08/2009 - 9:58am
    Michael Jackson was due to kick off an unprecedented string of 50 concerts in London just days after his untimely death, and like all good concert promoters do, the ones behind Jackson's gigs took out an insurance policy in case anything would happen to delay or cancel any dates. According to the LA Times, however, that insurance policy may not pay out. The $17.5 million accident insurance policy could be void if "illicit" drugs are involved.

Lloyd's of London would cover any losses sustained by the promotion company AEG Live if Jackson suffered any mishaps leading to the cancellation of his shows, which were due to begin July 13.

The LA Time stated that the policy read:

"This insurance does not cover any loss directly or indirectly arising out of, contributed to, by or resulting from . . . the illegal possession or illicit taking of drugs and their effects."Jackson, 50, died on June 25 at his rented LA home. While the Los Angeles County Coroner has not yet formally ruled on his cause of death, investigators and privately hired pathologists told the Jackson family that he likely died of a massive drug overdose.

AEG says that they're waiting on the coroner's findings before attempting to collect on the policy. A representative for Lloyd's said:

"The policy document is confidential and the details of it have not been made public by Lloyd's. I am afraid we can't offer any comment."

Prior to his death, Jackson's doctor, Conrad Murray, gave the singer multiple benzodiazepine sedatives and the anesthetic propofol. Preliminary findings showed that Jackson's body had traces of several drugs in his system, including the anesthesia and sedatives.

Murray also said that Jackson had been taking the powerful painkillers Demerol and oxycodone before his death.

<!-- m -->http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/10935<!-- m -->
  • heartphantomheartphantom Posts: 722
    Lloyd's contends it shouldn't have to pay the insurance policy because: "AEG and/or Jackson, knew but did not disclose that Jackson was taking prescription drugs and/or drugs prior to and at the time of his death
    It shouldn't pay the insurance not because of drugs but because Michael... is alive. So even worst for legal trouble. Where does this bring Michael if he comes back and is proved alive? He is so not coming back...

What you mean? It's a long winded article to remind everyone that no insurance claims will be made/paid. That's excellent for a comeback.

Like onthewingsoflove said, this was established in 2009, these reminders must be for you newbies, heartphantom, lol.

Ok bec, then i will re-read maybe i didn't understand what we are talking about, thanks.
  • Miss.PeppersMiss.Peppers Posts: 998
    Lloyds will win this and the estate will lose. Without a doubt. This will be one interesting court case... and i hope the court case is in the UK. HOPE!!!!!! Because there will be less BS about it in the UK. Plus none of the stalkers will be able to stand around or fly banners about the place and report BS about the proceedings.

Heck.. if its in London, i might even go and report back to you guys!
  • so how long have people been trying to suggest that michael had a drug problem and these people gave out insurance without attending to the details for the kind of money we are talking about. really. <!-- smichael-jackson/ -->michael-jackson/<!-- smichael-jackson/ -->

What I don't understand is how any of us can actually state that Michael never had a drug problem in the past.Who are we to say he didn't?Think about it,if he never had a drug problem then why did Elizabeth Taylor personally fly with him to take him to a rehab center?Sounds like a past drug problem to me IMO.Why would she lie about it,she had absolutely nothing to gain from lying about it and you could tell in the way she always talked about Michael that she loved him very much and he was a very close friend of hers.No matter what we want to believe about what Michael did or didn't do we need to remember that he was a human being and had his own faults just like everyone else...

IT could be he was addicted to pain killers when he was much younger, when he got his scalp burned. I do not believe he was on drugs now. Not when he was with his children, he wouldn't teach that to his children.
  • If Lloyd of London does not want to pay,it means Michael is alive and it will be agains the law for them to pay when a person is alive.. They have to find a solution so they suggested that Michael lied so they can get out of it. This is one step to the right direction for us.
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Michael is an addict who hid his own addiction to the public (not to misinterpret this is a situation that can Planter in the trial) as well as hiding the existence of a doctor, how can we accuse Murray of irresponsibility, if Michael had refused to take the tests?
    Katherine first AEG was accused before the death of Michael, and now AEG and Michael are being sued for fraud.
  • CCCC Posts: 2,136
    I think that the policy is for the london concert not before or after, is a good point... he can´t do the shows if he is dead, of course but i think this policy must have a date on it, a date about from when the policy starts to run... (sorry english is not my language) he died in LA not in London so maybe this is a good point too... and they do the medical examination for this reasson so i don´t understand why this is a problem now... he was in perfect health according to this medical examination and thet´s why they do the policy! this is BS and Lloyds will not pay to AEG or maybe they will pay and when MJ come back AEG will be on fraud... who knows??!!
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    Michael suffered from chronic pain. Naturally he took routine medication to manage that as does every and anyone else who suffers from chronic pain. That does not automatically equate to being an addict. I can't stand to hear Michael being called an addict by anyone who can't back it up with some proof, i.e. was in his company when he was using and/or jonesing <!-- scrash/ -->crash/<!-- scrash/ --> <!-- scrash/ -->crash/<!-- scrash/ -->
  • scorpionchikscorpionchik Posts: 2,669
    When it comes to the subject that you/us do not have knowledge, reading a little bit from here and there about law, insurance law, or any other field, does not give anyone knowledge about those industries. Because it's simply impossible to learn via only internet reading for a few min. or hours. random information of a little part of the huge industry. As a result, facts are interpreted the way we want, not the way it is. It is not useful. No offense. ok?
    As for this policy, it has nothing to do whether Michael is alive or not. Lloyds will not pay not because Michael is alive (for them MJ is dead), but because of violation of policy terms and fraud I already explained. For me though it is clear that AEG and broker really lied to Lloyds to get that policy involving the doctor who gave false results. Why they did it, that's a different subject.
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    MJ was a fraud

I think that in terms of their dimension Linguistics fraud is based on hoax. <!-- smj_bad/ -->mj_bad/<!-- smj_bad/ --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Ya I think the big thing that MJ "lied" about was dying. I think the insurance company Lloyd's of London has interesting initials...LOL. "LOL: MJ Lied".

I agre !!!! They have put two years but have understood !!!! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> <!-- sbounce/ -->bounce/<!-- sbounce/ -->

<!-- smoonwalk_/ -->moonwalk_/<!-- smoonwalk_/ -->
  • CCCC Posts: 2,136
    MJ was a fraud

I think that in terms of their dimension Linguistics fraud is based on hoax. <!-- smj_bad/ -->mj_bad/<!-- smj_bad/ --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Ya I think the big thing that MJ "lied" about was dying. I think the insurance company Lloyd's of London has interesting initials...LOL. "LOL: MJ Lied".

I agre !!!! They have put two years but have understood !!!! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P --> <!-- sbounce/ -->bounce/<!-- sbounce/ -->

<!-- smoonwalk_/ -->moonwalk_/<!-- smoonwalk_/ -->
    <!-- sbearhug -->bearhug<!-- sbearhug --> <!-- slolol/ -->lolol/<!-- slolol/ --> (with a big smile on my face!!!) thank you andrea!
  • loyalfanloyalfan Posts: 1,641
    a good point about the fact that AEG could be done for fraud.........................maybe thats what michael has planned for them !!!! PAY BACK TIME!
  • muilti-million dollar

What is muilti? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> Does this word exist?
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    multi + guilty = muilty.

Name clearing and nailing time.... where's my popcorn?

popcorn2.gif
  • multi + guilty = muilty.

Name clearing and nailing time.... where's my popcorn?

popcorn2.gif

Popcorn.. can I have some too <!-- sbeerchug -->beerchug<!-- sbeerchug -->
  • Lloyd's of London -- Overdose Clause?
    7/3/2009 3:41 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

A spokesperson for Lloyd's of London tells us she's never heard of a case where her company has insured someone for a drug overdose.

AEG, the company that was promoting Jackson's London concerts, claimed yesterday the policy it took out from Lloyd's did not cover death from natural causes but did cover overdoses.

Louise Shield -- the head of communications for Lloyd's of London -- tells us such a policy is "odd" and that she's never heard the company insuring for drug overdoses.

What's more -- Shield says the company typically requires a "medical assessment" .... a physical before the policy is written.

As we first reported, Jackson's body had dozens of injection sites in various places. So the question -- how could a policy be issued with clear evidence of a problem? Ha, good question!
    Shield would not comment on the policy, and found it strange AEG discussed it publicly. She's not saying if overdoses were covered or not.
    <!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/2009/07/03/lloyds-of ... se-clause/<!-- m -->
    <!-- ssuspicious// -->suspicious//<!-- ssuspicious// -->
  • scorpionchikscorpionchik Posts: 2,669
    Lloyd's of London -- Overdose Clause?
    7/3/2009 3:41 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

As we first reported, Jackson's body had dozens of injection sites in various places. So the question -- how could a policy be issued with clear evidence of a problem? Ha, good question!
    She's not saying if overdoses were covered or not.

No, it is never covered.

by scorpionchik » June 7th, 2011, 10:04 am

When it comes to the subject that you/us do not have knowledge, reading a little bit from here and there about law, insurance law, or any other field, does not give anyone knowledge about those industries. Because it's simply impossible to learn via only internet reading for a few min. or hours. random information of a little part of the huge industry. As a result, facts are interpreted the way we want, not the way it is. It is not useful. No offense. ok?
    As for this policy, it has nothing to do whether Michael is alive or not. Lloyds will not pay not because Michael is alive (for them MJ is dead), but because of violation of policy terms and fraud I already explained. For me though it is clear that AEG and broker really lied to Lloyds to get that policy involving the doctor who gave false results
    . Why they did it, that's a different subject.
  • Okay now i got it (i think). If Lloyd's pay the insurance that is a total cancel of BAM, because THAT will be a fraud. Remember the FBI article on 9/3/9 (or was it 9/3/10?) about people who fake their deaths to get money from insurance companies.
  • heartphantomheartphantom Posts: 722
    I believe the same but i thought i didn't understand too well the topic. Thanks, Kristina.
  • Michael is an addict who hid his own addiction to the public (not to misinterpret this is a situation that can Planter in the trial) as well as hiding the existence of a doctor, how can we accuse Murray of irresponsibility, if Michael had refused to take the tests?
    Katherine first AEG was accused before the death of Michael, and now AEG and Michael are being sued for fraud.

Is that the truth???? Remember do not believe everything that you read.. Michael is alive, so that's why they are throwing this story..
  • suspicious mindsuspicious mind Posts: 5,984
    so how long have people been trying to suggest that michael had a drug problem and these people gave out insurance without attending to the details for the kind of money we are talking about. really. <!-- smichael-jackson/ -->michael-jackson/<!-- smichael-jackson/ -->

What I don't understand is how any of us can actually state that Michael never had a drug problem in the past.Who are we to say he didn't?Think about it,if he never had a drug problem then why did Elizabeth Taylor personally fly with him to take him to a rehab center?Sounds like a past drug problem to me IMO.Why would she lie about it,she had absolutely nothing to gain from lying about it and you could tell in the way she always talked about Michael that she loved him very much and he was a very close friend of hers.No matter what we want to believe about what Michael did or didn't do we need to remember that he was a human being and had his own faults just like everyone else...

just to be clear i am not saying he didn't . i am saying this isn't ma an pa kettle here. they didn't need the business so much to take the risk if there was one. clause or no clause doesn't mean it won't end up in court and you could somehow lose , so why take the risk. i am sure they would be in sort of a fly on the wall position to know if it were a real possibility wouldn't they? geez when you take into acct. oh lets see hair catching on fire, bridges falling , maniacs jumping on cherry pickers , possible drug addiction ect ect . i would think he might be high risk. oh yeah then there is that pesky molestation thing that some people want to nail him with on a reagular basis. when people start suing it can be far reaching.
  • a good point about the fact that AEG could be done for fraud.........................maybe thats what michael has planned for them !!!! PAY BACK TIME!

Now that is something that I can sink my teeth into!

Here is something from <!-- m -->http://dianajeann.blogspot.com/2010/01/ ... d-old.html<!-- m -->
    Please notice the comment by Tenderoni

Monday, January 4, 2010
    Remembering Old Times, Old Clues and Old Friends.
    Since the old MJHD database is now available, I was going through some old posts. I realized that somethings were forgotten and should be brought back into the spotlight. So here are some old (but good) posts from the past.

AEG Insured For Death Caused By Overdose

Think hard and remember back to July '09. Remember when it came out that AEG was insured for
    death caused by overdose but not death by natural causes. Strange? With this info we asked ourselves:

Is this normal?
    We all agreed, the answer was anonymous NO, It's not normal.
    Look at an article posted on TMZ:

"Lloyd's of London — Overdose Clause?

Posted Jul 3rd 2009 2:41PM by TMZ Staff
    A spokesperson for Lloyd's of London tells us she's never heard of a case where her company has insured someone for a drug overdose.

AEG, the company that was promoting Jackson's London concerts, claimed yesterday the policy it took out from Lloyd's did not cover death from natural causes but did cover overdoses.
    Louise Shield – the head of communications for Lloyd's of London — tells us such a policy is “odd” and that she's never heard the company insuring for drug overdoses.
    What's more — Shield says the company typically requires a “medical assessment” …. a physical before the policy is written. "

Member Tenderoni added :
    "I have been in insurance law for years, and I am tied to the entertainment industry and I have NEVER seen a clause like that. In fact, drugs are usually the reason why you CAN'T get insurance for a movie or tour project. I have never heard of an insurance policy specifically for one thing that entertainment-related insurance companies won't do….especially in light of the fact that they claim he went through the physical. That would show a natural cause related death would be covered but evidence of drugs at that time would negate the insurance.

This makes no sense to me"

So now ask yourself: Is it strange that AEG just happened to be covered for a drug over dose and Michael just so happened to of "died" of just that?
    Well YES it is. Yet another factor In this investigation that is just so out-of-the-ordinary. (This is the end of this topic, but she posted more topics.)

Thank you Tenderoni wherever you are!!

AEG says they got a policy for drug overdose and LOL says the drug use was never revealed!! Which is it. LOL knows that whatever policy they got it was not going to be paid from the time the cause of death was made public! And once again here is something else that was first reported by TMZ!!

I want a popcorn eating icon too, because that's what I have been doing since September 2009!!! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Blessings to you all!
    OnTheWingsOfLove! <!-- smj_dance/ -->mj_dance/<!-- smj_dance/ -->
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    Will the admins so kindly combine my original post with the other one regarding Lloyds of London. Thank you.
  • ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126
    Will the admins so kindly combine my original post with the other one regarding Lloyds of London. Thank you.

done <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->