New forum features

Comments

• mjlovebugmjlovebug Posts: 122
    hmmm it the only thing is i put a lot more in the this post and it didnt show it. so that is the only down side it looks like. but still cool all the same lol
  • fordtocarrfordtocarr Posts: 1,547
    I'm in the moving process so don't have much time to research, so I thought I'd ask you friends if any of you have this problem.<br />Whenever I'm on this site, or it's even just up on a tab browser, I get pop ups from Microsoft that say my virtual memory is too full.  I look on my system and I'm not even half way full.<br />How do I cure this??  <br />Like I said, it comes up when our MJDHI is open. <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    fordtocarr wrote:

I'm in the moving process so don't have much time to research, so I thought I'd ask you friends if any of you have this problem.
    Whenever I'm on this site, or it's even just up on a tab browser, I get pop ups from Microsoft that say my virtual memory is too full. I look on my system and I'm not even half way full.
    How do I cure this??
    Like I said, it comes up when our MJDHI is open.

no, I do not have that problem so if it happens is that the forum is slow
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    I'm in the moving process so don't have much time to research, so I thought I'd ask you friends if any of you have this problem.<br />Whenever I'm on this site, or it's even just up on a tab browser, I get pop ups from Microsoft that say my virtual memory is too full.  I look on my system and I'm not even half way full.<br />How do I cure this??  <br />Like I said, it comes up when our MJDHI is open. <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
    <br /><br />Never have that either, looks like you have malware on your computer.<br /><br />The forum is slow at certain times when it's busy. I have re-installed the forum to get rid of the mini-chat that was slowing down, but it still happens a few hours a day. It's because many people are logging in or visiting at the same moment. It's not the server but I heard from other admins of phpbb forums that they have the same problems at 'prime-time'. I guess we have to deal with it for now. If there will be a BAM, which means the traffic will increase like hell, we have to see what we can do. But for now there is nothing I can do about it.<br />

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126
    <br /><br /><br />I used to have it when I was using WIndows. It is not uncommon problem, on the official Microsoft site there are couple of hints of what might be the cure for this, just google "low on virtual memory" and see what do they say. Good luck!
    Thanks everyone.  Something is def wrong.  I have anti-spyware and malware and virus protection up-to-date, I've defragged and tried to repair disks, it won't.  Now it gives me blue screen and won't load windows...UGH...<br />Operating time.  AGAIN.
    Thanks everyone.  Something is def wrong.  I have anti-spyware and malware and virus protection up-to-date, I've defragged and tried to repair disks, it won't.  Now it gives me blue screen and won't load windows...UGH...<br />Operating time.  AGAIN.
    <br /><br />Okay, try this:<br /><br />Go to your Windows control panel > System & Security > System > Advanced system configuration? (I have it in Dutch here, but something like that) > Advanced > Performance/ click settings > Advanced<br /><br />There you will see "Virtual memory". Click change or edit or whatever it says in English. You will get this screen. Set it like I did and fill in what they advise (I circled that on my screen, and although it's in Dutch, it should be the same with your Windows.<br /><br /><br /><br />Hope this helps, let me know if you need more help.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

ps.: what they advise does not have to match with what they advised me. It could be lower, could be higher. Just fill in the exact number twice like I did. Save and reboot.

THANK YOU SOUZA  <!-- sbearhug -->bearhug<!-- sbearhug --> <br />I did that!!  I can't believe it.  Mine wasn't identical, but so close that I could do it.<br />So far so good <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --><br />I knew I could count on you and my new friends.  I've learned so much on here from you all.
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    I've been listening in here because I too keep getting the 'virtual memory low' warning.

I've found the screen like you show here Souza (a miracle in itself!)

In the big box at the top where yours says 9198 - 9198, mine says 768 - 1536
    These numbers are in the boxes that can be altered too: initial size 768, maximum size 1536
    At the bottom it says 768 currently allocated.

Should I change that initial size to 1536? I'm scared to try it!! What's the worst that can happen?!
    I've been listening in here because I too keep getting the 'virtual memory low' warning.

I've found the screen like you show here Souza (a miracle in itself!)

In the big box at the top where yours says 9198 - 9198, mine says 768 - 1536
    These numbers are in the boxes that can be altered too: initial size 768, maximum size 1536
    At the bottom it says 768 currently allocated.

Should I change that initial size to 1536? I'm scared to try it!! What's the worst that can happen?!

Nothing will happen if you set it to maximum. Could you post a screenshot of it here so I can look for you what you can do best?

Thanks again Souza.  Since I reset that number to 9198 that pop up hasn't come up even one time!!<br />Life save <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> <!-- sbearhug -->bearhug<!-- sbearhug -->
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111

Nothing will happen if you set it to maximum. Could you post a screenshot of it here so I can look for you what you can do best?

Thanks for trying to help me Souza, I've tried and can't do a screenshot!! (Well, I can do it, but not get it to copy in a post!) My son is coming over at the weekend, so I'll get him to sort it out for me! I'm going to leave well alone till then. Thanks anyway!
  • suspicious mindsuspicious mind Posts: 5,984
    ok how do you get the font type to change ?\]so normal is really small \all of these new goodies and i can't even master all of the old goodies\oh never mind i will keep working on it <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->
  • Wow love this one Souza!!!! and i can find new posts now!!! love love love it! thank you for the hard work...you must be so tired and tense  afraid/
    OMG...I never posted for it to show up LARGE!!  I never clicked on LARGE!!  How embarrassing...can it be DELETED?????
  • ForstAMoonForstAMoon Posts: 1,126
    [move][glow=red,2,300]oh, new smileys, how cute[/glow][/move]<br /><br /><br />[move] :o 8) ;) >:( [/move]<br />
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    on 1311630708:
    <br />OMG...I never posted for it to show up LARGE!!  I never clicked on LARGE!!  How embarrassing...can it be DELETED?????<br />
    <br />Done.
  • Mish1981Mish1981 Posts: 538
    Greatly enjoying the new forum Souza!  :)
  • scorpionchikscorpionchik Posts: 2,669
    How we can modify our post?
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    on 1311840317:
    <br />How we can modify our post?<br />
    <br />You cannot. The editing option has been disabled. Souza said she would consider bringing it back for a trial period but it had been abused in the past so she was reluctant to do so.
  • angelshadowangelshadow Posts: 8,257
    I think it's very good. I had to get used to it but it runs fine. Thank Souza
  • suspicious mindsuspicious mind Posts: 5,984
    on 1311679846:
    <br />[move][glow=red,2,300]oh, new smileys, how cute[/glow][/move]<br /><br /><br />[move] :o 8) ;) >:( [/move]<br /><br />
    <br /><br />oh now you've done it! you have to teach me how to do that!<br /><br />p.s. i just want to say i have learned so much computer stuff from you all  .  :-* :-* :-* bearhug bearhug bearhug penguin/ penguin/ bow/ bow/
  • anewfananewfan Posts: 1,125
    [size=12pt]Does anyone know how to find the threads you have posted in other than "new replies to your posts" or searching for the topic? Sometimes I want to go back and post in the threads I've already posted in, but I am not able to find them unless someone else comments in them. Does this make sense? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.[/size]  rr/
    on 1311881751:
    <br />[size=12pt]Does anyone know how to find the threads you have posted in other than "new replies to your posts" or searching for the topic? Sometimes I want to go back and post in the threads I've already posted in, but I am not able to find them unless someone else comments in them. Does this make sense? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.[/size]  rr/<br />
    <br /><br />Click on 'Profile' in the menu and then 'show posts'.

This discussion has been closed.