La Toya Jackson Tweets Panic Over Swollen Finger

Comments

• on 1314974043:
    <br />
    on 1314936645:
    <br />latoyafingerhospital.jpg<br /><br />La Toya Jackson<br />latoyajackson: At Cedars-Sinai Hospital N BH. Woke up in unbearable pain! Index finger on my left hand is completely swollen & on fire! http://t.co/dPnsatA<br />Published: 2011-09-01 01:56:10 GMT<br />That's 3:56am in LA.<br /><br />"Woke up in unbearable pain!" look at her hair, makeup and clothes. I don't believe this story.<br /><br /><br /><br />
    <br /> <br />Agreed! If I could describe any body part of mine to be 'excrutiating' I'd go to the hospital in my pajamas. I wouldn't be dressed to go to an Award show. And I know La Toya is a flashy, high class gal but come on! An infection is a serious thing. You can die from an infection!! My make up and hair would be the last thing on my mind. And how can you even do your hair with a swollen finger (which doesn't look swollen in this pic).<br /> <br />I really hope I'm not sounding too harsh, but La Toya should know by now that we judge her every public move. <br />Toya, if you're finger is hurt I apologize. Please understand where I'm coming from. I love you and get well soon.<br /> bearhug <br />
    <br /> <br />Not only she is dressed to go clubbing (figure of speech) she even has make up on.. When I am in pain, and need to go to the hospital, I do not wear any makeup that is for sure. I understand what you are saying themoonisdancing. I do feel for her though, I had an infection on my finger once and it is very painful.
  • on 1315068683:
    <br />
    on 1314974043:
    <br />
    on 1314936645:
    <br />latoyafingerhospital.jpg<br /><br />La Toya Jackson<br />latoyajackson: At Cedars-Sinai Hospital N BH. Woke up in unbearable pain! Index finger on my left hand is completely swollen & on fire! http://t.co/dPnsatA<br />Published: 2011-09-01 01:56:10 GMT<br />That's 3:56am in LA.<br /><br />"Woke up in unbearable pain!" look at her hair, makeup and clothes. I don't believe this story.<br /><br /><br /><br />
    <br /> <br />Agreed! If I could describe any body part of mine to be 'excrutiating' I'd go to the hospital in my pajamas. I wouldn't be dressed to go to an Award show. And I know La Toya is a flashy, high class gal but come on! An infection is a serious thing. You can die from an infection!! My make up and hair would be the last thing on my mind. And how can you even do your hair with a swollen finger (which doesn't look swollen in this pic).<br /> <br />I really hope I'm not sounding too harsh, but La Toya should know by now that we judge her every public move. <br />Toya, if you're finger is hurt I apologize. Please understand where I'm coming from. I love you and get well soon.<br /> bearhug <br />
    <br /> <br />Not only she is dressed to go clubbing (figure of speech) she even has make up on.. When I am in pain, and need to go to the hospital, I do not wear any makeup that is for sure. I understand what you are saying themoonisdancing. I do feel for her though, I had an infection on my finger once and it is very painful. <br />
    <br /> <br />We still heard nothing from her?!<br />I'LL CHECK TWITTER<br />QUICK TO THE BAT MOBILE!!!!!!
  • 2LMRXNED_Favourite_Batmobile-s500x377-27526-580.jpg<br /> <br />....LOL.....<br /> <br />Ok I'm back!<br />She tweeted about hot tamales, meetings and Happy Labor Day.<br />No further about her finger other than what we already know. It may have been an insect bite.<br />Guess its another big mystery. Hope she feels better if its at all necessary! <br />;)
  • on 1315063143:
    <br />My question is: WHO TOOK THE PICTURE?  ???/  Not the doctor,  for sure! <br />
    <br /><br />I was wondering the same thing!
  •   OMG!All this propaganda for a finger? Maybe  they are focusing on La Toya to give some break on the Michael's tribute, so all the fans that were venting will stop focusing on the tribute. It is more of a distraction than anything else. Go Latoya Go..
  • on 1314986969:
    <br />FOTOSPIDERBITE11.jpg<br /><br />
    The singer initially blamed his late arrival on November 14 on a mysterious ailment — it later turned out he was just sick of the unflattering court photos taken the previous day (see "Jackson Late To Court As His Lawyers Object To Photographer"). The next day, Jackson claimed he received his first spider bite, on his hand. Then, when court resumed after a two-week recess in which Jackson took a controversial trip to Germany (see "Michael Jackson Calls Baby-Dangling Incident A 'Terrible Mistake' "), Jackson showed up to Santa Barbara Superior Court on crutches on Tuesday, complaining of a second spider bite. This time the bite was on his left foot, which he said was swollen. <br /><br />In addition to the crutches, Jackson relied upon a bodyguard, who helped carry him out of court on Wednesday. "It is a spider bite," Jackson told reporters. "It is real bad. If I showed it to you, you'd be shocked. It hurts very much right now as I speak." <br /><br />Though Jackson keeps pet tarantulas on his Neverland ranch, he claimed that a small indigenous spider that had crawled out from the scrub brush near his compound caused the bite. He said it had been smoked out during a routine fumigation. However, a Southern California entomologist told the New York Post on Wednesday that he thinks it's doubtful Jackson's spider bite could have been caused by a local variety, since the only kind of poisonous spider in Jackson's neighborhood would be the black widow, whose bite does not cause swelling. <br /><br />"The fact that Michael Jackson says he has a spider bite is a bunch of crap," Rick Vetter, staff research associate in the department of entomology at UC Riverside and an internationally known expert on spiders, told the Post. "Jackson has no idea what he's talking about. I want to see the spider." <br /><br />Judge Zel Canter, however, said that he believed Jackson's complaint to be legitimate, and ordered that the singer receive an independent medical examination. On Friday (December 6), Jackson did so, with the independent doctor's results confirming that Jackson had a legitimate ailment that prevented him from appearing in court, according to a representative of Marcel Avram, the promoter suing Jackson. Specifics regarding the ailment were not disclosed. Though the trial is expected to continue into January, Jackson's return to the witness stand is still to be determined.  http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1459053/michael-jackson-skips-court-due-spider-bite.jhtml
    <br /><br />SuspiciousMind, your new signature is mesmerizing!<br /> <br /><br />
    <br />i have wondered for a while why that little exchange went on between the two of them, i just got lucky when i ran across the pic.
  • PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    on 1315084087:
    <br />
    on 1315063143:
    <br />My question is: WHO TOOK THE PICTURE?  ???/  Not the doctor,  for sure! <br />
    <br /><br />I was wondering the same thing!<br />
    <br /><br />Same here. Maybe she asked someone to take her picture to post it on Twitter. <br /><br />I believe her. I see no reason for her to go to the hospital with pajamas or without the make up. She is Latoya Jackson and that would be weird if she went there like that. She's a fancy girl. I wouldn't go to hospital with my pjs if I had a problem with my finger. Once I cut my finger to the bone and it was bleeding so badly but still I dressed up, had a lipstick and then went to the hospital. When you get used to getting out well dressed and with the make up, you can not go out with pjs or without the make-up. You would feel yourself naked.
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    Well ok true that, PureLove... but that's full make up AND her hair done... and she's fully dressed up. All at almost 4am after waking up in "excruciating pain".<br /><br /><br />I'm just not buying her story.
  • there is no way to know when this pic is from is there? also doesn't the thing she is leaned up against look more like what comes out of an ambulance as opposed to an emergancy room bed in a hospital? and shouldn't she be in it?  :?:
    on 1315092739:
    <br />Well ok true that, PureLove... but that's full make up AND her hair done... and she's fully dressed up. All at almost 4am after waking up in "excruciating pain".<br /><br /><br />I'm just not buying her story.<br />
    <br /><br />I think it depends on the personality hun. She's a well-groomed person and I'm pretty sure that she looks like that when she is alone at home. And her make up can be a permanent one.
  • on 1315091074:
    <br />
    on 1315084087:
    <br />
    on 1315063143:
    <br /><br />Same here. Maybe she asked someone to take her picture to post it on Twitter. <br /><br />I believe her. I see no reason for her to go to the hospital with pajamas or without the make up. She is Latoya Jackson and that would be weird if she went there like that. She's a fancy girl. I wouldn't go to hospital with my pjs if I had a problem with my finger. Once I cut my finger to the bone and it was bleeding so badly but still I dressed up, had a lipstick and then went to the hospital. When you get used to getting out well dressed and with the make up, you can not go out with pjs or without the make-up. You would feel yourself naked. <br />
    <br /> <br />Well Michael went to court with his slippers and bottom pj's since he was not feeling well. He is a classy man, and Icon.
    She is indeed always very put together. I'm impressed if that's a quicky job. She doesn't even have bed head.
    on 1315093895:
    <br />
    on 1315091074:
    <br />
    on 1315084087:
    <br />
    on 1315063143:
    <br /><br />Same here. Maybe she asked someone to take her picture to post it on Twitter. <br /><br />I believe her. I see no reason for her to go to the hospital with pajamas or without the make up. She is Latoya Jackson and that would be weird if she went there like that. She's a fancy girl. I wouldn't go to hospital with my pjs if I had a problem with my finger. Once I cut my finger to the bone and it was bleeding so badly but still I dressed up, had a lipstick and then went to the hospital. When you get used to getting out well dressed and with the make up, you can not go out with pjs or without the make-up. You would feel yourself naked. <br />
    <br /> <br />Well Michael went to court with his slippers and bottom pj's since he was not feeling well. He is a classy man, and Icon.<br />
    <br /><br />Yup, but we're not talking about Michael. And that's a different situation. They went to Neverland so early and he was sleeping when the police went to arrest him. He didn't have any time to get dressed.
  • on 1315093538:
    <br />
    on 1315092739:
    <br />Well ok true that, PureLove... but that's full make up AND her hair done... and she's fully dressed up. All at almost 4am after waking up in "excruciating pain".<br /><br /><br />I'm just not buying her story.<br />
    <br /><br />I think it depends on the personality hun. She's a well-groomed person and I'm pretty sure that she looks like that when she is alone at home. And her make up can be a permanent one.<br />
    <br />reminds me of a girl at work her boyfriend woke her up in the night with some symtoms and she didn't take him to the hospital till she got a shower ( which knowin' this one i am pretty sure she had had one as soon as coming home from work) turns out the man was havin' a stroke!
  • looks like someone needed an excuse to have this pic. more like she is feeling compassion for another person who is really there rather than in pain from her own problem. maybe i am thinking way too much about this . gotta go to bed. hope i can sleep /scream/ strange work time tomarrow. :'(
  • on 1315094758:
    <br />
    on 1315093895:
    <br />
    on 1315091074:
    <br />
    on 1315084087:
    <br />
    on 1315063143:
    <br /> <br />Well Michael went to court with his slippers and bottom pj's since he was not feeling well. He is a classy man, and Icon.<br />
    <br /><br />Yup, but we're not talking about Michael. And that's a different situation. They went to Neverland so early and he was sleeping when the police went to arrest him. He didn't have any time to get dressed.<br />
    <br />No purelove he was going for his trial, it was not the arrest.. anyways I know it is not the same thing, but still when you feel pain, you do not think do look pretty and pampered.. Look I suffer of extremely bad migraines. At times I need to go to the hospital, and believe me I do not wear my best outfits, and my make up...
    on 1315096868:
    <br />
    on 1315093538:
    <br />
    on 1315092739:
    <br /><br />I think it depends on the personality hun. She's a well-groomed person and I'm pretty sure that she looks like that when she is alone at home. And her make up can be a permanent one.<br />
    <br />reminds me of a girl at work her boyfriend woke her up in the night with some symtoms and she didn't take him to the hospital till she got a shower ( which knowin' this one i am pretty sure she had had one as soon as coming home from work) turns out the man was havin' a stroke!<br />
    <br /><br />Wow. Poor guy. <br /><br />
    on 1315101191:
    <br />
    on 1315094758:
    <br />
    on 1315093895:
    <br />
    on 1315091074:
    <br />
    on 1315084087:
    <br />
    on 1315063143:
    <br /><br />Yup, but we're not talking about Michael. And that's a different situation. They went to Neverland so early and he was sleeping when the police went to arrest him. He didn't have any time to get dressed.<br />
    <br />No purelove he was going for his trial, it was not the arrest.. anyways I know it is not the same thing, but still when you feel pain, you do not think do look pretty and pampered.. Look I suffer of extremely bad migraines. At times I need to go to the hospital, and believe me I do not wear my best outfits, and my make up... <br />
    <br /><br />Yes but this is you. We do not know what Latoya would do. So I think it is useless to discuss about it. I do know people who would dress up well even when they are in a big pain. I'm one of them. So no need to talk about it any more.
  • I personally don't care if she was dressed to the Nine's. What I'd like to know is who took the photo and what the purpose was? Wouldn't a tweet about it be sufficient?
    You would think. But as of late, Latoya's been social networking heavily. People begin to virtually document every moment of their lives sometimes on social network sites.<br /><br /><br />You know she has 2 Facebook accounts? LaToya Jackson-entertainer and LaToya Jackson-public figure. Only the LJ-public figure one comes up via Facebook search for "LaToya Jackson", and Latoya posts heavily on the other one: LJ-entertainer, which is also linked to her Twitter account. LJ-public figure has almost no activity, and at last look had only 35 likes.  Just interesting.
  • on 1315105086:
    <br />You would think. But as of late, Latoya's been social networking heavily. People begin to virtually document every moment of their lives sometimes on social network sites.<br /><br /><br />You know she has 2 Facebook accounts? LaToya Jackson-entertainer and LaToya Jackson-public figure. Only the LJ-public figure one comes up via Facebook search for "LaToya Jackson", and Latoya posts heavily on the other one: LJ-entertainer, which is also linked to her Twitter account. LJ-public figure has almost no activity, and at last look had only 35 likes.  Just interesting.<br />
    <br /><br />Hm, interesting indeed.
  • _Anna__Anna_ Posts: 1,739
    She posted this and also used again N instead of IN. But here she was because the limit of 140 characters on twitter, as I checked.<br /> <br />I know it was rude but I had some great Tum Yum soup during my meeting & it was good! See it on the table N this photo.http://yfrog.com/gymwgwmj
  • on 1315103040:
    <br />
    on 1315096868:
    <br />
    on 1315093538:
    <br />
    on 1315092739:
    <br />reminds me of a girl at work her boyfriend woke her up in the night with some symtoms and she didn't take him to the hospital till she got a shower ( which knowin' this one i am pretty sure she had had one as soon as coming home from work) turns out the man was havin' a stroke!<br />
    <br /><br />Wow. Poor guy. <br /><br />
    on 1315101191:
    <br />
    on 1315094758:
    <br />
    on 1315093895:
    <br />
    on 1315091074:
    <br />
    on 1315084087:
    <br />
    on 1315063143:
    <br />No purelove he was going for his trial, it was not the arrest.. anyways I know it is not the same thing, but still when you feel pain, you do not think do look pretty and pampered.. Look I suffer of extremely bad migraines. At times I need to go to the hospital, and believe me I do not wear my best outfits, and my make up... <br />
    <br /><br />Yes but this is you. We do not know what Latoya would do. So I think it is useless to discuss about it. I do know people who would dress up well even when they are in a big pain. I'm one of them. So no need to talk about it any more.<br />
    <br /> <br />Yes purelove it is me, you seem to be upset because of my post.. I am not attacking you in any way, you seem defensive. If you feel this way I appologize.Yes we will stop talking about it...  Mish1981 has a point who took the picture and why?
  • on 1314971134:
    <br />
    on 1314970569:
    <br />yes, the twitter thing is weird. I'd think that this pic should be private. I wonder if this twitter account is verified as La Toya's? What if the message is not her's and the pic is made with an iphone & sent without her knowing or consent :?  Could be a privacy issue in healthcare.<br /> <br />protect patients’ privacy.<br />“Whenever a healthcare worker takes a picture of a patient, he or she always should use facility-owned equipment because then the photo belongs to the organization, not the worker.”<br />http://www.fortherecordmag.com/archives/060710p10.shtml<br /><br />http://merrillexperts.blogspot.com/2011/08/mobile-tech-replaces-pagers-worries.html<br /> <br />
    <br /><br />Besides when my son got stitches on the back of his head (because the nurse told him Chicks dig scars), we did take a photo of him, any other time someone in the family has gone to the hospital the last thing we think about is getting out a phone or camera and taking a photo.<br />
    <br /> <br /> :shock:  what happened to your son sounds pretty bad, I hope he's alright now. :) <br />Was the photo because of the insurance? <br /> <br />The photo could be taken because it's still a mystery what caused her injury and a picture might be necessary as evidence for investigation or for insurance.
  • That picture of Michael always makes me sad.  Why should he have to prove himself to anyone?  God I hate the media  /cook/<br /><br />Look at these new smileys.  they are AWESOME. /woohoo/
    on 1315134578:
    <br />
    on 1314971134:
    <br />
    on 1314970569:
    <br />yes, the twitter thing is weird. I'd think that this pic should be private. I wonder if this twitter account is verified as La Toya's? What if the message is not her's and the pic is made with an iphone & sent without her knowing or consent :?  Could be a privacy issue in healthcare.<br /> <br />protect patients’ privacy.<br />“Whenever a healthcare worker takes a picture of a patient, he or she always should use facility-owned equipment because then the photo belongs to the organization, not the worker.”<br />http://www.fortherecordmag.com/archives/060710p10.shtml<br /><br />http://merrillexperts.blogspot.com/2011/08/mobile-tech-replaces-pagers-worries.html<br /> <br />
    <br /><br />Besides when my son got stitches on the back of his head (because the nurse told him Chicks dig scars), we did take a photo of him, any other time someone in the family has gone to the hospital the last thing we think about is getting out a phone or camera and taking a photo.<br />
    <br /> <br /> :shock:  what happened to your son sounds pretty bad, I hope he's alright now. :) <br />Was the photo because of the insurance? <br /> <br />The photo could be taken because it's still a mystery what caused her injury and a picture might be necessary as evidence for investigation or for insurance.<br />
    <br /><br /><br />What evidence? You can't see anything wrong with her finger in that pic. We can rule this explanation out.