Defense Attorneys Panic as Michael Jackson Case Draws Near

all4loveandbelieveall4loveandbelieve Posts: 4,455
edited September 2011 in Dr. Conrad Murray
[size=18pt]<br />Defense Attorneys Panic as Michael Jackson Case Draws Near[/size]<br />Will Jurors Be Sequestered?<br />Bryna Jean-Marie<br />Posted: 09/03/2011 09:26 PM EDT<br />Filed Under Michael Jackson<br /><br />newsitemimage.newsimage.dimg<br /><br />[size=12pt]As Dr. Conrad Murray’s fateful day in court approaches, a bit of drama has surfaced around one of the most notorious cases of our time. The controversy is whether  to sequester the jury who will be deciding if Dr. Murray is responsible for Michael Jackson’s death, and in turn should be prosecuted for involuntary manslaughter. <br /><br />“It is absolutely essential that this jury be sequestered to ensure Dr. Murray’s right to a fair trial is guaranteed,” a source told Radaronline.com. Dr. Murray’s criminal defense team is frantic because Judge Michael Pastor decided against sequestering the jury about a week ago. The attorneys filed an appeal of the judge’s decision which was supported by the District Attorney’s office. <br /> <br />It has been reported that once the jurors are selected, Judge Pastor would forbid them to watch or read any information about the case. The judge is not a fan of sequestering jurors because of the cost which can exceed $500,000. Additionally, keeping the jurors in isolation ironically causes them to feel like prisoners since they are cut off from their own families. September 8 is the scheduled date for jury selection. The trial is said to begin at the end of the month.[/size]<br /><br />http://www.bet.com/news/celebrities/2011/09/03/defense-attorneys-panic-as-michael-jackson-case-draws-near.html?ftcnt=HP_Celebrities

Comments

• After over 2 years, what else could they read/see/hear to sway their verdicts?  Murray has certainly not been low key during this hiatus and the gossip and information machine never took a holiday. /cook/  They already have their opinions going in.  Not much can change that IMO /white flag/  In this trial, sequestering is a waste of time and the opportunity to choose impartial jurors is long gone.  It is HiStory.  Nothing they try now will make any significant difference. So just get on with it already.  Time’s a-wasting.
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    newsitemimage.newsimage.dimg<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />Yes, has the face of panic and doll behind the :lol:
  • /judge/ Oh my God what kind of court is this seriously.  There are ALWAYS some toys in the room, in view, in the photos.  EVERY TIME! 
  • i think this pic is old.
  • AndreaAndrea Posts: 3,787
    on 1315233722:
    <br />After over 2 years, what else could they read/see/hear to sway their verdicts?  Murray has certainly not been low key during this hiatus and the gossip and information machine never took a holiday. /cook/  They already have their opinions going in.  Not much can change that IMO /white flag/  In this trial, sequestering is a waste of time and the opportunity to choose impartial jurors is long gone.  It is HiStory.  Nothing they try now will make any significant difference. So just get on with it already.  Time’s a-wasting.<br />
    <br /><br />Exactly.  If a person hasn't been sequestered for over two years now, sequestering them now isn't going to help.  And likewise, the defense has had over two years to get their sh*t together.  Any further delays, like the previous delays, will be for hoax purposes I'm sure.
  • curlscurls Posts: 3,111
    on 1315237197:
    <br />i think this pic is old.<br />
    <br /><br />Yes, I agree - I think it was from the 'I am an innocent man' scene!
  • This is a real joke to me.. Toys in a court room!!! A mockery to the justice system.
  • I hope you guys  realize that if Michael comes back, he will be paying costs government has incurred over the trial.
  • You don’t think the Estate has already got that covered?
  • on 1315246704:
    <br />You don’t think the Estate has already got that covered?<br />
    <br /> <br />No, as of now the government prosecuts CM and they pay. Estate has nothing to do with that as lond as Michael is 'dead'. But when turns out that MJ is alive and court has wasted money on trial, MJ has to pay. That expenses Mr. Jackson can afford, no worries. :-*
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    Scorpionchick, you're assuming this legal scenario is being funded currently by the government. We don't know that.
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    on 1315253332:
    <br />Scorpionchick, you're assuming this legal scenario is being funded currently by the government. We don't know that.<br />
    <br /><br />Exactly.<br /><br />And just a question: Is the pink panther humping a cow? WTF??

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• PureLovePureLove Posts: 5,891
    on 1315254583:
    <br />
    on 1315253332:
    <br />Scorpionchick, you're assuming this legal scenario is being funded currently by the government. We don't know that.<br />
    <br /><br />Exactly.<br /><br />And just a question: Is the pink panther humping a cow? WTF??<br />
    <br /><br /> :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Apparently yes.
  • on 1315253332:
    <br /> <br />@Purelove, @ Souza<br />That is NOT an assumption, that is a common legal procedure that you know shit about.
    Scorpionchick, you're too restrictive with your thinking. It has nothing to do with legal procedure and everything to do with who's fitting the bill... by your own admission. You assume too much. Think bigger.<br /><br /><br />
    To put it nicely, there's ignorance to reality, transfixion on sensationalism, and much "assuming" of oneself into circles.
    on 1315256660:
    <br />
    on 1315253332:
    <br /> <br />@Purelove, @ Souza<br />That is NOT an assumption, that is a common legal procedure that you know shit about. <br />
    <br /><br />What did I say?  :?
  • I think this discussion is going to go out of hand.. I do not live in the USA so I do not know the law.. Now as we found out that La Toya is a police officer, in the other thread, maybe there is something they are doing to surpass this. If Michael in under witness protection, this case will be pardoned. I think Michael knows what he is getting into before launching himself into this adventure. Please this is a discussion and we all have our point of views, let's just remember that. Blessings.
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    on 1315256660:
    <br />
    on 1315253332:
    <br /> <br />@Purelove, @ Souza<br />That is NOT an assumption, that is a common legal procedure that you know shit about. <br />
    <br /><br />Oh, yeah. My bad. This is a hoax and therefore everything goes exactly according the books...<br /><br />I might not know shit about your legal procedures, but thank God I DO know a lot about thinking outside the box, using common sense and interpretating the information given to us over the last 2+ years. You should try it once instead of staying locked up in that box of yours. <br /><br />You should try a more kind approach next time, I might answer you more nicely in that case. But your responses are too rude for me to be nice to you, sorry for that. And before you go and be unkind to people, make sure you address the right ones, in this case yours truly and BEC, instead of PURELOVE.<br /><br /> :roll: WTF??

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

We know that this is a hoax and the FBI is also involved in it. So I do not get the reason why we still think the trial is a real one, especially with all the toys around in the courtroom. I do not believe the government is paying for the trial but Michael is. That makes sense to me. He planned everything perfectly and I'm sure that he planned the trial section as well.
  • dear Bec,<br /> <br />Since you perhaps 'missed' that I said I do not assume but anyway; at least assumption based on some knowledge, thus is justified; rather than be in groundless delusional fantasies about every matter of this hoax.<br /> <br />@Purelove<br /> <br />because you do not live here and do not know american law, u & no one I think should ridicule someones opinion based on knowledge. La Toya is not an active police officer, she is in reserve, and generally police officers do not get a law education therefore they might not know civil and criminal legal/court procedures. Actually, I did not get why u brought her up  :lol: <br />U know that FBI is involved? No, that's an assumption.
    I didn't miss it. I'm going by your theory, not your statements. You are assuming that this is real which is a ridiculous assumption to make. Why are you even here if you think these are "groundless delusional fantasies about every matter of this hoax"? I'm sorry your brain doesn't allow for the concept thinking required in order for you to get it but it's laughable for you to ridicule those of us who do.
  • If the judge needs to save money, they could put the jurors up at Neverland.....I am sure Michael wouldn't mind  :lol: <br /><br /><br />Perhaps Front would even bake them a cake.......<br /><br /><br />@Souza.....I just about fell off my chair with your pink panther/cow comment....I had to go back and look, now I need a shower...feel sort of dirty, eek! <br /><br /><br />Blessings! 
  • on 1315261857:
    <br />dear Bec,<br /> <br />Since you perhaps 'missed' that I said I do not assume but anyway; at least assumption based on some knowledge, thus is justified; rather than be in groundless delusional fantasies about every matter of this hoax.<br /> <br />@Purelove<br /> <br />because you do not live here and do not know american law, u & no one I think should ridicule someones opinion based on knowledge. La Toya is not an active police officer, she is in reserve, and generally police officers do not get a law education therefore they might not know civil and criminal legal/court procedures. Actually, I did not get why u brought her up  :lol: <br />U know that FBI is involved? No, that's an assumption.<br />
    <br /> <br />Scorpionchik I spoke about Latoya not Purelove. . She has nothing to do with it.. Listen my uncle use to be an inspector of the Montreal police force, and he did help alot to surpass the law if they needed to be in the witness protection. So scorpionchick,  you mean to tell me that Michael's faking his death is an assumption? This is what I am getting from  you.. I feel you are not believing that he faked his death.. I brought Latoya even if she is an active police officer or a non active she still has connections, this is what I meant. I strongly believe  before Michael decided to fake his death, he studied all corners so he wouldn't have to pay for anything once he comes back. This is my humble opinion. blessings to all.
    on 1315261857:
    <br />dear Bec,<br /> <br />Since you perhaps 'missed' that I said I do not assume but anyway; at least assumption based on some knowledge, thus is justified; rather than be in groundless delusional fantasies about every matter of this hoax.<br /> <br />@Purelove<br /> <br />because you do not live here and do not know american law, u & no one I think should ridicule someones opinion based on knowledge. La Toya is not an active police officer, she is in reserve, and generally police officers do not get a law education therefore they might not know civil and criminal legal/court procedures. Actually, I did not get why u brought her up  :lol: <br />U know that FBI is involved? No, that's an assumption.<br />
    <br /><br />Ohh God, girl I'm sorry to say this but are you drunk? You mixed all of our posts.  all4love is the one who wrote about Latoya and American law, not me. FBI involment can be an assumption to you but it is fact to me. Especially after the family confirmed TS/Front's authenticity, I see no reason not to believe him. I didn't ridicule anyone's post in any way but just wrote my opinion. Pls check it out once again and then adress people. This is the second time you're jumping on me because of a thing that I never wrote.
  • on 1315263319:
    <br />
    on 1315261857:
    <br /> <br />Scorpionchik I spoke about Latoya not Purelove. . She has nothing to do with it.. Listen my uncle use to be an inspector of the Montreal police force, and he did help alot to surpass the law if they needed to be in the witness protection. So scorpionchick,  you mean to tell me that Michael's faking his death is an assumption? This is what I am getting from  you.. I feel you are not believing that he faked his death.. I brought Latoya even if she is an active police officer or a non active she still has connections, this is what I meant. I strongly believe  before Michael decided to fake his death, he studied all corners so he wouldn't have to pay for anything once he comes back. This is my humble opinion. blessings to all. <br />
    <br /> <br />oops. sorry Purelove. <br /> <br />We don't know what part of events and people are included in hoax. That is what I mean. Michael could not predict what will be happening 2 years after hoax.