JACKSON FAMILY Going After Dr. Murray's Money ... IS POINTLESS!!!

2»

Comments

• on 1327019532:
    <br />Well, if this turns out to be factual, guess Joe won’t be getting a dime either.l<br /><br />http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-oxman-disbarment-20120119,0,5669607,print.story<br /><br /><br />latimes.com<br /><br />State Bar of California recommends lawyer's disbarment<br /><br />By Stuart Pfeifer, Los Angeles Times<br /><br />January 19, 2012<br /><br />advertisement<br /><br />The State Bar of California has recommended that attorney Brian Oxman, whose high-profile client list has included pop star Michael Jackson and the 1-800-GET-THIN surgery marketing company, be disbarred for several violations of bar rules.<br /><br />In a Jan. 13 order, the State Bar Court said Oxman should lose the ability to practice law because of dishonest and unethical conduct, including failing to advise the bar after he had been fined by a judge and commingling personal funds in a client trust account.<br /><br />Under the order, Oxman will become inactive Feb. 2, pending a final ruling by the state Supreme Court. It typically takes several months for the Supreme Court to issue a final ruling.<br /><br />Oxman did not respond to a request for comment.<br /><br />In its order, the bar cited Oxman's two past disciplinary cases as evidence that he should face the maximum penalty.<br /><br />"Oxman's three disciplinary proceedings show a disturbing disregard for the administration of justice, including misrepresentations to courts and a failure to cooperate in disciplinary proceedings," the order said.<br /><br />As a result, the bar said, "We recommend that Oxman be disbarred to protect the public, the courts and the legal profession."<br /><br />Oxman has made numerous appearances on television as a legal expert. He was part of the defense team during Jackson's 2005 sexual molestation trial. Most recently, he has represented the 1-800-GET-THIN marketing company and its affiliated Lap-Band surgery centers. Last month, he represented the companies during a hearing before the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors.<br /><br />On Tuesday, Oxman was named as a defendant in a whistle-blower lawsuit filed against 1-800-GET-THIN by former workers at the surgery centers. Among other things, the lawsuit accused Oxman of attempting to bribe a surgeon to sign a statement that would falsely accuse an opposing lawyer in a wrongful-death lawsuit of ethical violations. The wrongful-death lawsuit had been filed by relatives of a woman who died following Lap-Band surgery at a clinic in West Hills.<br /><br />stuart.pfeifer@latimes.com<br /><br />Copyright © 2012, Los Angeles Times<br />
    <br />does this article have the same flavor about it as the ones about murray? being disbarred to protect the public , siting a couple of instances of violations and such. or am i just nuts?
  • _Anna__Anna_ Posts: 1,739
    on 1326932283:
    <br />Let's say Murray really killed Michael and he really was broke, then STILL you would do anything in your power as a family to make his life miserable by letting him hand over every penny he can each and every month for the rest of his life. But instead the famly decides to make a nice gesture and Murray doesn't have to pay a dime. LMAO!<br />
    <br /><br />I know. I know I would do this and more, and still I would feel like it's not enough for a life that was  taken.
  • Sarah31Sarah31 Posts: 249
    on 1326953211:
    <br />wasnt he also earning 150K a month with MJ.<br />
    <br /><br />He was never paid.
  • _Anna__Anna_ Posts: 1,739
    Randy posted today on twitter<br /><br />My siblings & I were never informed the restitution bid against Murray was being dropped. We DO NOT support that action. NOT our decision.<br /><br /><br />From day 1 this family never seems to do anything together. As if Michael isn't brother of them all. They always always have to be split, in any situation.<br />If him and his siblings didn't drop the bid then WHO did it? Mrs. Katherine and Joseph? Who? And why would they do it as if they never consult the other members of the family, as if Michael is not son/brother of them all.
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    And why do they broadcast it on Twitter? You keep that shit private. It's not the world's business.
  • on 1327176688:
    <br />Randy posted today on twitter<br /><br />My siblings & I were never informed the restitution bid against Murray was being dropped. We DO NOT support that action. NOT our decision.<br /><br /><br />From day 1 this family never seems to do anything together. As if Michael isn't brother of them all. They always always have to be split, in any situation.<br /><br />If him and his siblings didn't drop the bid then WHO did it? Mrs. Katherine and Joseph? Who? And why would they do it as if they never consult the other members of the family, as if Michael is not son/brother of them all.<br />
    <br /><br /><br />is it possible perhaps not all of the family are in the know?<br /><br />
  • blankieblankie Posts: 2,350
    I think it's another act of the film by Michael    /cook/  ..Murray did nothing and Michael are confirming us this...  /woohoo/ really the best is yet to come !!  typing/ mj_dance/<br /><br />                                                                          moonwalk_/
  • MissGMissG Posts: 7,403
    on 1327176688:
    <br />Randy posted today on twitter<br /><br />My siblings & I were never informed the restitution bid against Murray was being dropped. We DO NOT support that action. NOT our decision.<br /><br /><br />From day 1 this family never seems to do anything together. As if Michael isn't brother of them all. They always always have to be split, in any situation.<br />If him and his siblings didn't drop the bid then WHO did it? Mrs. Katherine and Joseph? Who? And why would they do it as if they never consult the other members of the family, as if Michael is not son/brother of them all.<br />
    <br /><br />
    on 1327206430:
    <br />And why do they broadcast it on Twitter? You keep that shit private. It's not the world's business.<br />
    <br /><br />For those who believe that Michael is dead, situations like this give a bad shade to the family.<br />