Revisiting old stuff: The 'Doctor' letter mentioning This Is It

Comments

• Oh.... I forgot to mention I also called the number and it is a dead number.
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Miami Beach Doctor Prescribed Michael Jackson Drugs, But Was He Trying to Help?<br /><br />As more information about Michael Jackson's dependence on prescription drugs comes to light, a Miami Beach doctor might find himself in an unwelcome spotlight. <br /><br />According to multiple sources, Jackson was under the treatment of Dr. Alex Farshchian. TMZ obtained a letter from Dr. Farshchian to Jackson dated July 21, 2002: <br />
    Dearest MJ<br /><br />Hi and how are you,<br /><br />I am not sure if you received my package earlier, so I am sending it again.<br /><br />It's a 5-7 day program that offers you the solution.<br /><br />Buprinex is the potent narcotic I told you about last week. It is just like the D but better.<br /><br />I have everything ready. This is it. Do it before you start your second chapter. You are the best, you are an ICON, and you belong to the TOPS. "U ain't seen nothing yet." Let's do it as soon as possible. Read the attached and call me.
    <br /><br /><br />TMZ believes "the D" refers to Demerol, a drug that might have played a part in Jackson's death.<br /><br />TheWrap.com also obtained documents from the 2004 child molestation investigation that name Farshchian. Police interviewed Michael Lapperuque, a former personal assistant to the star. He claims Farshchian was the person who introduced Jackson to Al Malnik, and Lapperuque added that "he did not like Farshchian at all," and that Malnik was another one of Farshchian's patients. <br /><br />Mj%20Police%20Report%20Toxicology.jpg<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />A second former member of Jackson's team, Chris Carter, also discussed Farshchian. From the police report: "He said Dr. Farshchian told him that Jackson was addicted to Demerol but said he was giving Jackson a placebo to wean him off."<br /><br />The drug Farshchian talks about in his letter, Buprinex, is a semi-synthetic opioid used to treat chronic pain. It is also used in the management of opioid (like Demerol) addiction. Howard Stern sidekick Artie Lange called it a "miracle pill" after it helped him beat his heroin addiction. <br /><br />Farshchian works out of the Center for Regenerative Medicine in Miami Beach. A regular donor to the Republican Congressional Committee, he was named doctor of the year by its physician advisory board in 2003. The main focus of his practice seems to be arthritis treatment, not drug dependence.  <br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />Exclu: 5 Doctors Named in 2004 Police Report<br />Published: July 06, 2009<br /><br /><br />As a multi-agency criminal investigation continues into the death of Michael Jackson, confidential police documents from 2004 suggest that the path into the dark world of the entertainer’s use of prescription drugs was lined with willing doctors and employees.<br /><br />A police interview with former Jackson bodyguard Christopher Carter named five doctors who continually prescribed drugs for the pop star. (Read the full document here.)<br /><br />“Carter said he would drive Jackson to doctor’s offices in New York, Florida and California,” according to the interview, labelled “highly confidential.”<br /><br /><br />He named “Dr. Klein, Dr. Metzger (unknown spelling), Dr. Barney from Solvang, Dr. Saunders and Dr. Farshchian,” the interview read.<br /><br />XCERPT #1<br /><br /><br /><br />
    <br /><br />“Carter described Jackson as being sharp and ‘in tune’ prior to the doctor visits and afterward he would be out of it and sedated.”<br /><br />Dr. Farshchian told Carter that Jackson was addicted to Demerol, but that he’d been trying to wean the entertainer from it.<br /><br />The police interviews were part of the Santa Barbara Sheriff’s Department investigation into charges that Michael Jackson had molested Gavin Arvizo, a young man who frequently visited the entertainer with his parents.<br /><br />Jackson was acquitted of the charges in 2004.<br /><br />“Dr. Klein” refers to Arnold Klein, the Beverly Hills dermatologist who was Jackson’s longtime caregiver. His assistant, Deborah Rowe, carried two of Jackson’s children.<br /><br />TheWrap called Klein’s office to ask whether he had illegally prescribed medications.<br /><br /><br />EXCERPT #2<br /><br /><br /><br />
    <br /><br />"We are not making any statement," said a female employee answering his phones at his Beverly Hills office. The employee hung up when asked if Klein was being questioned by Los Angeles police who are investigating Jackson’s death.<br /><br />Alex Farshchian’s office did not respond to a message left by TheWrap. The other doctors could not be reached for comment.<br /><br />Citing an anonymous source, The Los Angeles Times reported that the authorities are investigating five doctors and their treatment of Jackson, which may or may not have had an impact in the singer's death.<br /><br />It is not known what involvement the physicians cited in 2004 may have had in the final days of Jackson's life or if they are part of LAPD probe, which is getting an assist from the DEA and the California Attorney General's office.<br /><br />It is a felony to illegally prescribe prescription drugs, meaning to prescribe drugs while knowing the patient is not in need of them for a medical condition. But legal experts say that the crime can be extremely hard to prove.<br /><br />A preliminary LA County Coroner's report on death was inconclusive as to cause of death. Toxicology tests on Jackson are expected within several weeks.<br /><br />TheWrap has reported that the independent autopsy requested by Jackson's family was, like the L.A. coroner's findings, inconclusive.<br /><br />Another confidential police interview gave further detail into doctors supplying Jackson with prescription drugs. Bodyguard Michael LaPerruque told Santa Barbara detectives that he believed Dr. Farshchian “may have been over prescribing medication.”<br /><br /><br />http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2009/07/miami_beach_doctor_proscribe_m.php<br /><br />http://www.thewrap.com/deal-central/article/medical-history-lined-questionsand-five-doctors_4147<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />
  • becbec Posts: 6,387
    A person dependent on medication IS a drug addict. Medication=drug, dependency=addict. "Dependent on medication" is a nice way of saying "drug addict" but let's not kid ourselves, it's the exact same animal.<br /><br />Side note: perhaps that is part of the point. Demerol is a drug that easily causes dependency. Big Pharma makes billions off of creating drug addicts out of it's customers with physician approval and encouragement and the whole problem gets swept under the rug because it's delivered under the guise of "health care". 
  • on 1358046145:
    <br />A person dependent on medication IS a drug addict. Medication=drug, dependency=addict. "Dependent on medication" is a nice way of saying "drug addict" but let's not kid ourselves, it's the exact same animal.<br /><br />Side note: perhaps that is part of the point. Demerol is a drug that easily causes dependency. Big Pharma makes billions off of creating drug addicts out of it's customers with physician approval and encouragement and the whole problem gets swept under the rug because it's delivered under the guise of "health care". <br />
    <br /><br /><br />thinking of Michael's song 'morphine':<br /><br />
    <br />Demerol <br />Demerol <br />Oh God he's taking demerol <br />Demerol <br />Demerol <br />Oh God he's taking demerol <br /><br />He's tried <br />Hard to convince her <br />To be over what he had <br />Today he wants it twice as bad <br />Don't cry <br />I won't resent you <br />Yesterday you had his trust <br />Today he's taking twice as much <br /><br />Demerol <br />Demerol <br />Oh God he's taking demerol <br />Hee-hee-hee <br />Demerol <br />Demerol <br />Oh my Oh God it's Demerol <br />
  • MJonmindMJonmind Posts: 7,290
    michael+jackson+raras+cascio+(31).jpg<br />At Disney World, Florida: Dr. Alex Farshchian with his son Joseph, Michael, Prince, Paris, and Frank Cascio<br /><br />http://cartasparamichael.blogspot.ca/2012/07/my-friend-michael-45.html<br />casciofars.jpg
  • on 1358046145:
    <br />A person dependent on medication IS a drug addict. Medication=drug, dependency=addict. "Dependent on medication" is a nice way of saying "drug addict" but let's not kid ourselves, it's the exact same animal.<br />
    <br /><br />I really can't agree with that. It would almost be like saying diabetics who are dependent on insulin are drug addicts. One way of describing dependency is that the body can't function normally without the drug, or go into withdrawl without it. An addict may also have dependency, but a dependent isn't necessarily an addict.<br />It's hard to explain, so i'll pull up some info..<br /><br />http://addictionscience.net/b2evolution/blog1.php/2009/03/30/why-distinguishing-between-drug-dependen<br /><br />http://health.howstuffworks.com/diseases-conditions/pain/medication/addiction-v-dependence-on-pain-medications.htm<br /><br />http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/principles-drug-addiction-treatment-research-based-guide-third-edition/frequently-asked-questions/there-difference-between-physical-dependence<br /><br />http://www.jenniferschneider.com/articles/addiction-tolerance-dependence.html<br />
    Well considering we are talking about Demerol, not insulin, my statement stands.
  • [size=18pt][/size]
    on 1358038820:
    <br />Hello to you all. I am new here and this is my first post. I consider myself to be smart and a good investigator.<br />I started in this thread because I figured I needed to check out old stuff to catch up. I was turned on to this site by a video on youtube<br />after a little research of my own and also a gut feeling that MJ did not die that day. Anywayswas looking at that letter<br />and decided to check out the phone number given. I did some research and turns out the number on that letter is a <br />New Mexico number. I thought that was rather strange seeing how the office building is located in Miami , FLA.<br />What could this mean if anything?<br />
    <br /><br />First of all welcome to the forum, I did more research and the area code 305 is Flordia Not New Mexico. http://www.areacodehelp.com/where/area_code_305.shtml
  • [size=18pt][/size] Hello my friends, I found out more about this phone number on the letter 3058668384 It belongs to a MR. Alex Farshehian Address: 9573 Harding Ave <br />Surfside, FL 33154-2501  The question is who is this man?<br /><br />http://www.peoplesmart.com/psp.aspx?_act=resultsphone<br /><br />Now I found out he is a doctor actually an orthopedist he specializes in arthritis. If any one lives in Florida could call and find out more info about this doctor.<br /><br />http://www.yelp.ca/biz/alex-farshchian-md-north-miami<br /><br />So sorry, I did not see that someone has already found out about this doctor, I can I erase my post?
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    About "drug addict": I think that there is a difference between someone who takes say heroin and becomes an addict and someone who becomes dependent on a drug because of a health issue against their will with doctor prescription. But maybe this is just semantics here; it’s the “philosophy” behind that makes the difference imo.
  • humm this doctor seems too be portrayed much in the same way as murray.
  • on 1358097536:
    <br />Well considering we are talking about Demerol, not insulin, my statement stands.<br />
    <br /><br />of course, how anyone dare not to agree with your "highness". You are "top investigator, doctorate in law and medical degree, judge, law clerk, congress woman who adopts law in the US, chief of medical board and department of justice".<br /><br />Everybody else................just nobody, just misers, yeah, it's only Bec who knows everything even why MJ hoaxedd his death. Yeah, he asked for your advice I am sure, otherwise he could not die without it.<br />
  • :icon_rolleyes: Oh pls someone ban it!  :icon_evil:<br /><br />
  • RKRK Posts: 3,019
    on 1358120137:
    <br />
    on 1358097536:
    <br />Well considering we are talking about Demerol, not insulin, my statement stands.<br />
    <br /><br />of course, how anyone dare not to agree with your "highness". You are "top investigator, doctorate in law and medical degree, judge, law clerk, congress woman who adopts law in the US, chief of medical board and department of justice".<br /><br />Everybody else................just nobody, just misers, yeah, it's only Bec who knows everything even why MJ hoaxedd his death. Yeah, he asked for your advice I am sure, otherwise he could not die without it.<br />
    <br /><br />Goodbye.....
  • on 1358114444:
    <br />About "drug addict": I think that there is a difference between someone who takes say heroin and becomes an addict and someone who becomes dependent on a drug because of a health issue against their will with doctor prescription. But maybe this is just semantics here; it’s the “philosophy” behind that makes the difference imo.<br />
    <br /><br />I agree Sarahli...and it's not just semantics.  While the physical result is technically the same as bec stated...the HUGE difference in my perception is the intent/method of the drug taker.  Becoming dependent on a medicine prescribed by a Dr. for a genuine/legitimate medical condition is a common, very  unfortunate side effect.  Numbing oneself continually and intentionally for the "feel good" to escape the reality of their day-to-day lives...that's the personality/mentality I call an "addict".
  • If you believe dependency = addict or dependency = non addict, I guess wasn't my point. I personally believe that someone having a dependency is an addict. We are not referring to an individual with a disease or illness who has the inability to produce a vital hormone or enzyme such as insulin. My point was simply re: jacarandas' comment is that I don't believe MJ was an addict or had a dependency, at least not at the time of this letter and not with the substance mentioned. Did he try to perpetuate such a scenario of a doctor shopping addict for the purpose of the hoax? IMO, I believe yes.<br /><br />This letter is not legitimate.<br /><br />Sidenote: Sorry in advance for being controversial, but I'll add, that now after some research and forming an opinion on Pepsi accident, (whether it be right or wrong, just my opinion, not saying this is what ppl should believe) I even doubt the whole 'addicted to pain killer' story that I once believed. I used to believe propofol / Demerol / morphene addiction stories close to 09 as false and pain killer addiction story circa 95 - 05 possibly true. Since exploring ideas about Pepsi burn, I have changed my opinion. I believe it all to be painting scenario for hoax. MJ is a health freak! But again jmo.  :icon_e_wink:
    In my opinion, the only difference between Heroin and some pharmaceuticals is one is illegal.<br /><br />Off Topic: I see my fan club is growing. 
  • Dependency and addiction are almost the same but these words are used in different context.<br /><br />Dependency - on prescribed medications<br />addiction - any illegal drug.<br />Dependency is more subtle.
  • It is possible to be addicted to legal perscription medication.<br /><br />But we are going in circles here splitting hairs over words.<br /><br />my point is that I don't believe MJ had an additction nor a dependency. One can choose their preferred word here.<br /><br /><br />But I do get the point to are making Thriller  :icon_e_wink:
  • Snoopy71Snoopy71 Posts: 952
    Maybe this is irrelevant...but I'll say it anyway  :icon_e_confused:<br /><br />I find it interesting that both Farshchian and Murray were trying to "wean" Michael off of medications....by trying "alternative" medications.<br /><br /><br /><br />As for the letter itself.....<br /><br /><br />The first part of the letter looks "hoaxy" but at first glance the second part looks legit, but certain phrases seem odd.  :suspect:<br /><br /><br />mj3-2.jpg<br /><br /><br />The second letter refers to "u" instead of "you"<br /><br />"You have been doing this. Did not work for u"<br />"Not for u because of publicity"<br /><br /><br /><br />33wqq7q.jpg<br /><br /><br />The Vitruvian Man symbol (or at least that's what I assume it to be) has been altered....it has wings, whereas the original does not.<br /><br />2dtqjr5.jpg<br /><br /><br />
  • Buprinex, or the slang "Bupe Program" as we refer to it here in Australia, is rolled out by doctors to try and help someone break a (most of the time) heroin habit. It is controlled, measured, reduced and worked towards a goal / timeline to get the person clean. (so the theory goes) Similar to methedone program, also used to treat heroin addicts. <br /><br />Their aim is to a) emilinate drug over dose, b) needle infected disease, and c) ultimately at a minimum reduce, but hopefully cease drug useage in the patient. I had many a client on the program. I have seen approximately about 40 percent of participants come clean, others have gone back to herion, and even futher others have just swapped drugs. Heroin, for Bupe. They just sit on the program indefinitely without reducing nor a time limit. In Australia it means free drugs, clean needles, disability status, disability benefits, job searching exempt status. I know a guy who has been on the program 7 years now!<br /><br />It's the Governments solution to getting it off the street. However the drug companies make a nice lil profit from it and tax payers have to fund the gap of disability initiatives for the participants!<br /><br />It's not really a solution. Just moving the chess pieces around. JMO<br /><br />Anyways, this letter is inviting MJ to take on the program. <br /><br />Considering I don't believe MJ was a drug addict that needed Bup intervention, on this basis, I say the letter is fake. JMO<br /><br /><br /><br />Edit: have seen clients (from my social worker days) go on the program for extacy, crystal meth and marijuanna abuse, not just herion.<br /><br />Double edit: Buprinex is an opiad, so it is just as easy to form an addiction / dependency to it as there is to Herion. It's much debated in social / health circles in Australia. I am personally not for it, but thats JMO.
  • Oh, forgot to add, that another reason I am personally against the program here in Australia, is that when a person is on Bupe, and they are making 'progress' and are more 'trusted' they get to take 14 days supply home with them (we refer to it as take home packs) that they can self administer and not take up doctors time. It often ends up on the street cut down with other dirty stuff like washing detergent etc to make more profit. <br /><br />So scenario is we then have drug companies making money off drug addiction, underground trafficing (although its considered petty crime, comapred to what local mafia push) being profited from by the drug addict, people getting sick becuase they are injecting washing detergent and tax payers paying for it. If they are caught they don't get charged, because they are disability status, if they are charged they most times not convicted on the grounds of "altered state of mind" (The majority get away with it with a mere slap on the wrist, again because its considered petty crime compared to other drug rings)<br /><br />So again, its not really a solution. It creates revenue and a stream of other problems too. Namely a rising number of "disability" pensions being despensed by the Government. In Australia we have more people on Disability benefits than we do on unemployment benefits. Why? Because when Gov goes to a vote, it looks better on paper that unemployment figures have dropped... When in reality, they are still the same figures. They just move the "unemployed drug addicts" out of "unemployment benefit" category and into a different category - Government has allowed drug addicts to be classified as "Disabilty" - So rather than them needing to look for work, their unemployment benefit is called something else "disability benefit" and it's all wrapped up in a neat little bow!<br /><br />
  • humm dependency on a controlled substance.<br /><br />anybody else see a parallel with media ?
    We're all addicted to the "news"?
  • on 1358128824:
    <br />If you believe dependency = addict or dependency = non addict, I guess wasn't my point. I personally believe that someone having a dependency is an addict. We are not referring to an individual with a disease or illness who has the inability to produce a vital hormone or enzyme such as insulin. My point was simply re: jacarandas' comment is that I don't believe MJ was an addict or had a dependency, at least not at the time of this letter and not with the substance mentioned. Did he try to perpetuate such a scenario of a doctor shopping addict for the purpose of the hoax? IMO, I believe yes.<br /><br />This letter is not legitimate.<br /><br />Sidenote: Sorry in advance for being controversial, but I'll add, that now after some research and forming an opinion on Pepsi accident, (whether it be right or wrong, just my opinion, not saying this is what ppl should believe) I even doubt the whole 'addicted to pain killer' story that I once believed. I used to believe propofol / Demerol / morphene addiction stories close to 09 as false and pain killer addiction story circa 95 - 05 possibly true. Since exploring ideas about Pepsi burn, I have changed my opinion. I believe it all to be painting scenario for hoax. MJ is a health freak! But again jmo.  :icon_e_wink:<br />
    <br /><br />I 100% agree with you, I am a chocolate addict because I drink cocoa milk everyday, LOL , I think Michael's message with his song "Morphine" is very clear:<br /><br />Relax<br />This won't hurt you<br />Before I put it in<br />Close your eyes and count to ten<br />Don't cry<br />I won't convert you<br />There's no need to dismay<br />Close your eyes and drift away <br /><br />Demerol<br />Demerol<br />Oh God he's taking demerol <br />Demerol<br />Demerol<br />Oh God he's taking demerol<br /><br />He's tried<br />Hard to convince her<br />To be over what he had<br />Today he wants it twice as bad<br />Don't cry<br />I won't resent you<br />Yesterday you had his trust<br />Today he's taking twice as mu<br /><br />Doctors are trying their patients to get hooked to take drugs by working hand by hand with chemical labs and obtain huge benefits with it and I think this is one of the biggest desires for Michael to expose and eradicate it once and for all, that's why I think this letter isn't legit and is made by him for a shout out hoaxy purpose it's easy to see that since the date and day of the week used (July 21/sunday) speak volumes.