WATW...TERRIBLE

MorningGlow88MorningGlow88 Posts: 36
edited January 1970 in News
I AM SOOOO SORRY BUT THAT NEW VERSION OF "WE ARE THE WORLD" WAS TERRRRRRRIBLE!! <!-- s:twisted: -->:twisted:<!-- s:twisted: -->

How could they ruin a classic like that??

Comments

• The rap part ruined it. <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
    but i didn't think it was that bad.
    but not as good as the original!
  • Dont worry... as long as it generates money for the poor people of Haiti thats all that matters.

You can almost hear MJ saying "dont worry... its ok... we just need to help those people"
  • THEY RUIN MICHAEL SONG IT SUCKED HOW COULD THEY DO THIS IT WAS AWEFULL THEY GAVE HIM 2 SECOND SHOT OF HIS PART IN WE ARE THE WORLD WE NEED TO LIFT OUR VOICES AND LET THEM KNOW THEY RUINED HIS SONG TO THE WORLD! THANKYOU MISSING YOU DESPERTLEYYY
  • I thought it was bad too. Maybe the full version is better.
  • PLEASE>.. dont worry about it.

THINK... what would Michael say>????

Michael would say that it doesnt matter... its ok... as long as money is generated and those people are helped.

Dont forget the message. xxx
  • It just started off bad to me that lil boy Justin wateva came on with the Autotune it sounded like...?? I don't think Lil' Wayne's lil 3sec part was bad but when Will.i.am came in with that wild ass rap...YEAAA... it was over 4 me. I just couldn't stop laughing and yelling at the TV.

DancingTheDream, I understand what you're saying about the money and Haiti (which i myself have my own thoughts about) but i highly doubt that MJ would approve of that garbage. Even the split screen wit him and Janet looked terrible

I must now go on youtube and watch the Original...when ppl like MJ, Bruce Springteen and Stevie Wonder KILLLED it! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • I'm in tears too! I miss him so much. The world needs MJ like crazy right now. But it's true, it's for a good cause, so that's all that matters.
  • It just started off bad to me that lil boy Justin wateva came on with the Autotune it sounded like...?? I don't think Lil' Wayne's lil 3sec part was bad but when Will.i.am came in with that wild ass rap...YEAAA... it was over 4 me. I just couldn't stop laughing and yelling at the TV.

DancingTheDream, I understand what you're saying about the money and Haiti (which i myself have my own thoughts about) but i highly doubt that MJ would approve of that garbage. Even the split screen wit him and Janet looked terrible

I must now go on youtube and watch the Original...when ppl like MJ, Bruce Springteen and Stevie Wonder KILLLED it! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

To be honest i havent listened to or seen this new version. Too painful for me. <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->

But i am willing to let it go if it generates money for Haiti.. as i believe Michael wouldnt mind as long as it helps those people.

Ive donated money direct from my pay check to Haiti so i wont be buying this new song anyway. Ive given my own way. Michael inspired me to give more than i would normally. He is the inspiration. xx
  • I'm in tears too! I miss him so much. The world needs MJ like crazy right now. But it's true, it's for a good cause, so that's all that matters.

I understand. I wont be listening to this new version as it is too painful for me too. <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->

I have donated money to Haiti myself, but i know that Michael would still approve of this remake as long as it helps those people. xxx
  • hahahaha..that was funny version, I was laughing))))
    They ruined it. The best version is with Michael. They showed him for few seconds and that was the ONLY good part in this new version.
    There will never be anyone like MJ, ever!!!!!!!!
  • OMG!!! I HAVENT HEARD IT YET IM IN CALIFORNIA. ITS NOT ON YET. BUT I JUST KNEW THAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!! OH MY. THAT SUCKS. IM WITH YOU!!!!!!
  • lmao i just posted my own thread about this... COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE <!-- s:x -->:x<!-- s:x --> ... It was terrible!! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> I advise everybody to hit youtube up and watch the original to get that garbage out of ur mind!
  • BoreasBoreas Posts: 119
    what is going on???
  • wildswilds Posts: 198
    Oh no... they could have come together and made a new song. Nothing compares to the original - which I cannot listen to anyway because it makes me cry!
  • Lol, eww they totally murdered that song.

It's a classic, why did they have to use MJ's song?
    Why can't they write a crappy song instead? Then least it would be original and "their" own. <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| -->
  • awesome1awesome1 Posts: 565
    did i miss it <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • deedee75deedee75 Posts: 192
    when I first heard it I thought it was terrible and then thought maybe I was being to hard on them but then when I read you all comments I see I was right it was horrible <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • Yes they definity should have just made a new song.. it's kinda sad though! It just made you aware that there aren't the great artists out now-a-days like there were back then. They had MJ, Ray Charles, Bruce, Stevie, Tina Turner, Steve Perry, Al Jarreau, and the only sorry ass person they had on theirs was Cyndi Lauper LMAO... but who did they decide 2 throw up there 2010?? a 10yr old with like 2 hits, a rapper that's about to go 2 jail in a few days, some actors, Kanye West?? The dude the President called a jackass?? LMAOOO... commmme on!! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • when I first heard it I thought it was terrible and then thought maybe I was being to hard on them but then when I read you all comments I see I was right it was horrible <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

lmao same thing i thought to myself after i posted my comment on the other thread i rewatched the whole versions and came to the conclusion they failed....They shouldve made a whole new song man....but hey they have to make music pple listen to now a days rap and hip hop so yeah....the only parts that i like was of course Mike's and Janets, i liked lil wayne's 3 secs it was pretty cute to me lol, umm yeah thas about it...evn Celien couldnt do that original part and shes a wonderful singer...oh man dnt even get me started on Mr. Justin SMH!!! they r so lucky thi is for a good cause or i wouldnt b spending my money on this! you ssimply cant remake art......smh.......i guess i'll buy it, for Haiti and it sumin Mike would want me to do
  • omg morningglow88 your from maryland!!! so am i..i kno this is off topic but heyyyyyyy lols <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • Yes they definity should have just made a new song.. it's kinda sad though! It just made you aware that there aren't the great artists out now-a-days like there were back then. They had MJ, Ray Charles, Bruce, Stevie, Tina Turner, Steve Perry, Al Jarreau, and the only sorry ass person they had on theirs was Cyndi Lauper LMAO... but who did they decide 2 throw up there 2010?? a 10yr old with like 2 hits, a rapper that's about to go 2 jail in a few days, some actors, Kanye West?? The dude the President called a jackass?? LMAOOO... commmme on!! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Your post made me laugh, but unfortunately, it's true! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • nellyka7nellyka7 Posts: 218
    did i miss it <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Lol. I was thinking the same exact thing..
  • omg morningglow88 your from maryland!!! so am i..i kno this is off topic but heyyyyyyy lols <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

LoL heyyy lady!! How's this snow treatin ya?? <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

Your post made me laugh, but unfortunately, it's true! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

It's very true lol, I'm looking at the list of people involved and I only see a very few amount of folk that I think have talent
  • I think there are some good rappers on here but it just doesn't work for a song like this

* Akon
    * Bono
    * India.Arie
    * Patti Austin
    * Tony Bennett
    * Justin Bieber
    * Bizzy Bone of Bone Thugs-N-Harmony <--LOVE bone thugs but not for a song like this LMAO
    * Ethan Bortnick
    * Brandy
    * Jeff Bridges
    * Toni Braxton
    * Zac Brown
    * Kristian Bush
    * Natalie Cole
    * Harry Connick Jr.
    * Kid Cudi
    * Miley Cyrus
    * Celine Dion
    * Snoop Dogg
    * Drake
    * Earth Wind & Fire
    * Faith Evans
    * Fergie
    * Melanie Fiona
    * Jamie Foxx

* Sean Garrett
    * Tyrese Gibson
    * Josh Groban
    * Anthony Hamilton
    * Keri Hilson
    * Julianne Hough
    * Jennifer Hudson
    * Enrique Iglesias
    * LL Cool J
    * Janet Jackson
    * Michael Jackson
    * Randy Jackson

* Taj Jackson
    * Taryll Jackson
    * TJ Jackson
    * Al Jardine
    * Joe Jonas
    * Kevin Jonas
    * Nick Jonas
    * Rashida Jones
    * Gladys Knight
    * Adam Levine
    * Jimmy Jean-Louis
    * Benji Madden
    * Joel Madden
    * Mary Mary
    * Katharine McPhee
    * Jason Mraz
    * Mýa
    * Jennifer Nettles
    * Orianthi
    * Freda Payne
    * P!nk

* A. R. Rahman
    * Nicole Richie
    * Raphael Saadiq
    * Carlos Santana

* Nicole Scherzinger
    * Isaac Slade
    * Trey Songz
    * Musiq Soulchild
    * Jordin Sparks

* Barbra Streisand
    * T-Pain
    * Robin Thicke
    * Rob Thomas
    * Usher
    * Vince Vaughn <---LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    * Lil Wayne
    * Kanye West
    * Will.i.am
    * Ann Wilson
    * Brian Wilson
    * Nancy Wilson
    * BeBe Winans
  • Here's the video, it can't be embedded so please click:

<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcadbeWUkfA<!-- m -->

I'm very impressed, I think they did an awesome job with this remake!