Can you hear Michael sing with janet?

MinamaiMinamai Posts: 431
edited January 1970 in News
[youtube:1vhyllz9] <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Comments

• I can! It is electronically weaved in. I can definitely hear it! Really, no kiddin' I hear it and I make my living with my ears! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • MJsFan4EverMJsFan4Ever Posts: 334
    ME too! THey have very similar voices thought but idk <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
  • This is really ambiguous.

Too Michael to be Janet
    Too Janet to be Michael.

<!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
  • whisperwhisper Posts: 630
    Is this the song she said she did with Jermaine ?
  • Lools i feel like i can hear him lools <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    It's weird and it is hard to tell because they do sound alike <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
    It would be funny if he is in it tho <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • Is this the song she said she did with Jermaine ?

Jermaine sounding like Mike or Janet would have been even more weird! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • mjfansince4mjfansince4 Posts: 1,030
    i really, really like this song. But michael singing? ummm i dont know. when she sings in a lower register her pronunciation kind of changes, so i can see it. i love lyrics, so i tend to focus more on the words in songs. have you guys seen the lyrics? Here are some excerpts:

"There’s something I wanna say
    Something that I’ve been holding back
    Can’t let it go another day
    Let me start by saying that
    Nothing, nothing,
    Nothing, means more than the truth."

"We’ve got to fix this, fix this right this minute
    Only pure love can calm the noise
    Cause baby when we give pure love
    Pure love will never come back to us void"

and...

"We should cherish every moment like it’s the last
    Trust in me
    Trust in me"

have we heard "trust in me" before? why, yes!
    from "Morphine"
    "Trust in me
    Trust in me
    Put all your trust in me
    You're doin' morphine"

Now before you say "So many people use the phrase 'trust in me' in songs," i know that. All i'm saying is, i find it interesting that Janet wrote this song, and to me, it sounds kind of like Michael is speaking to us through this song. Just my opinion.
  • MJsFan4EverMJsFan4Ever Posts: 334
    i really, really like this song. But michael singing? ummm i dont know. when she sings in a lower register her pronunciation kind of changes, so i can see it. i love lyrics, so i tend to focus more on the words in songs. have you guys seen the lyrics? Here are some excerpts:

"There’s something I wanna say
    Something that I’ve been holding back
    Can’t let it go another day
    Let me start by saying that
    Nothing, nothing,
    Nothing, means more than the truth."

"We’ve got to fix this, fix this right this minute
    Only pure love can calm the noise
    Cause baby when we give pure love
    Pure love will never come back to us void"

and...

"We should cherish every moment like it’s the last
    Trust in me
    Trust in me"

have we heard "trust in me" before? why, yes!
    from "Morphine"
    "Trust in me
    Trust in me
    Put all your trust in me
    You're doin' morphine"

Now before you say "So many people use the phrase 'trust in me' in songs," i know that. All i'm saying is, i find it interesting that Janet wrote this song, and to me, it sounds kind of like Michael is speaking to us through this song. Just my opinion.

OMG Yeah and I love this song so much. I close my eyes and I imagine MJ singing it to me.
  • That was weird <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
  • Game PlayerGame Player Posts: 386
    Excellent lyrics.
  • teine21teine21 Posts: 898
    It's a beautiful song, I like it a lot <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    When did she record it? Because the way it's sung in some parts, is so Michael & her voice does sound different in different parts. Janet's voice has always been high & like a whisper, very soft & soothing. Even when she does go lower it's still soft. Michael's is the opposite, even though they do sound alike at times. I wonder if she was really just feeling him at that moment or if he is in the song. Whether he is or not, I love Janet & the song is great!
  • kel70kel70 Posts: 182
    around 1.06 when she says jeolousy is sounds just like michael saying it, but she does sound like him, probably not him thoe, family members do sound alike, i sound like my mum <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> wish it was him thoe, but who knows! <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
  • I think a lot of it sounds like Michael and the song doesn't sound like a normal Janet song LOL Why all of a sudden would she be singing about the truth?? It seems like maybe Michael got his voice disguised a bit but not too much where us fans can still hear him. Even in the lyrics part where it says Trust in me I feel thats MJ's way of telling us to trust in him that we should know by now he wouldn't do what the media says he's done and did like being a drug addict. Come on, if was a vegetarian and was careful about what he put in his body he for sure would not use heavy duty drugs.

And the line about we need to cherish each like it's the last and I was asking myself where have we heard this similar line from?? The song Jam "we must live each day like it's the last"

I believe Michael wrote that song and secretly sang with his sister.
  • As much as I would like it to be MJ, I think it's Janet. There was one part around 2:52 that sounded like him...but...dubious.

I think the meaning of the lyrics could be due to the *passing* of MJ, but it also probably has to do with the movie she's in. Isn't this the title song for the movie? Not sure, but I think it is.
  • When I went to listen to this, I was really skeptical. I thought this was one of those unnecessary threads, reaching for something that probably isn't there.

BUT!

It is undeniable that it sounds like Michael. Not right away, but during the lower parts of the song. It really sounds like Michael disguising his voice as Janet, which he could do. He's got the widest range for a male that I've ever heard.

Now, I believe it could just be Janet, because they've always had similar tones. But at this point, I believe ANYTHING is possible.
  • tabloidburntabloidburn Posts: 1,621
    seems like janet's voice has gotten much deeper since her last recording...i noticed that on the 'scream' performance at the vma's already... <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
    dunno...doesn't really sound like michael, but not much like 'the usual janet', either...tricky... <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • seems like janet's voice has gotten much deeper since her last recording...i noticed that on the 'scream' performance at the vma's already... <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
    dunno...doesn't really sound like michael, but not much like 'the usual janet', either...tricky... <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->[/quote

Janet is a grown woman, far beyond adolesence but not near the age of menopause. Her voice wouldn't be getting deeper at this point in her life.

It's possible that she has just chosen to utilize the deeper register of her voice. As a vocalist, I know it's difficult to make use of one's full range, especially the upper register, after an extended period of not singing.

So, she's either choosing to sing lower either because it's easier or because she likes how it sounds. Or it could be Michael (the entire song or just parts). I think both ideas are plausible.
  • MichelleMichelle Posts: 325
    I've listened to it many times, and everytime it seems to me, that Janet sings the first part and Michael sings the second verse, it's just so similar to his voice on the Invincible album...
    The melody/tune is the same for both verse, but the voices are a bit different <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
    The possibility wouldn't be so odd cause think about Janet's Scream performance back at VMA's, she obviously didn't sing live, so why they make the sound if it was Michael's and Janet's voice mixed?
  • KirscheKirsche Posts: 2,082
    <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> WHO!

I don't know....I was like "WTH" when I heard...I know, Janet and Michael does a little bit sound alike but that was ...speechless..

Some parts ( especially the first verse) sounds a lot like Michael...Strange...I don't know what to think.
  • vilte90vilte90 Posts: 148
    It def sounds like Michael. I couldn't even say that it's a woman's voice lol idk, I hear Michaels voice especially in the 2nd part <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • KirscheKirsche Posts: 2,082
    It def sounds like Michael. I couldn't even say that it's a women's voice lol idk, I hear Michaels voice especially in the 2nd part <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

hm i hear it in the first part <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

I really don't know, it's hard to say, but sometimes it really sounds like MIchael but like his voice if pitched ( I hope you know what I mean?)
  • To honor the truth I must say it would be more plausible being Janet letting herself being carried along by Michael´s timbre.

But it´s still weird and a little creepy <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    This video was made after the MTV awards, and make the comparison of the voices of Michael and Janet, and place actuacion Janet without background music. I put the video only to compare the voices. <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->

<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAiltqwxfGk<!-- m -->
  • tabloidburntabloidburn Posts: 1,621
    seems like janet's voice has gotten much deeper since her last recording...i noticed that on the 'scream' performance at the vma's already... <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
    dunno...doesn't really sound like michael, but not much like 'the usual janet', either...tricky... <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->[/quote

Janet is a grown woman, far beyond adolesence but not near the age of menopause. Her voice wouldn't be getting deeper at this point in her life.

It's possible that she has just chosen to utilize the deeper register of her voice. As a vocalist, I know it's difficult to make use of one's full range, especially the upper register, after an extended period of not singing.

So, she's either choosing to sing lower either because it's easier or because she likes how it sounds. Or it could be Michael (the entire song or just parts). I think both ideas are plausible.

i know that janet has a deep register, since i have some of her albums as well, and she's been using it on quite a few songs, too. but her voice sounded very deep at the vma's and also here. almost coarse. she's also around my age (same year), and the voice can get deeper around that time, too, since it is not that far away from menopause. you will notice some 'first signs' around that age, especially not having went through childbirth, like janet. has to do with hormones...

i did not imply here that her voice was 'breaking' or something, it is just noticeable that she sounds much deeper lately. <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • WOW janet's and michael's voice are really similar... i think is janet but in 1:02 to 1:09 when she sings

What can I do to help you see,
    That there’s no need for jealousy or insecurities

wow its sounds just like MICHAEL!!!! especially in the word JEALOUSY... I dont know what to think.. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->