Can you hear Michael sing with janet?

Comments

• whisperwhisper Posts: 630
    I've been listening to this song since yesterday ..LOL..I do hear MJ's voice <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> ..But I don't know
  • I keep relistening and the main part that sounds like MJ to me, is around the 2:44 mark. When she (or he <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> says, cuz baby... the word baby sounds just like the way MJ sings it in some of his songs.
  • miss jmiss j Posts: 346
    This is really ambiguous.

Too Michael to be Janet
    Too Janet to be Michael.

<!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->

you're so true! i got a headache now trying to identify the voice..it's like janet's voice singing in mj's style...and that can't be jermaine because his voice is deeper than mj's....
  • i can't help my self on it .. lol

their voice is sounds almost same ..
    but some parts really sounds like Michael .. also the accent ..
    especially the "Jealousy" part ..

*dies*
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    Isn't this song from her new movie??????
  • mjfansince4mjfansince4 Posts: 1,030
    Isn't this song from her new movie??????

yup
  • iMISSYOUMJiMISSYOUMJ Posts: 580
    I definitely hear Michael's voice in the first verse! <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> Oh nice song btw! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • I'm sorry but I think it's all Janets voice. They do have very simular voices so they sound a little alike and they are brother and sister after all. I do think this a total MJ song, meaning this is just the kind of song he would sing and if he would have sung it, it would have been even more beautiful.
  • mjfansince4mjfansince4 Posts: 1,030
    i think this video has already been posted...but it's relevant because i think in "scream" janet did sound very off. the "let's dance" i think is her though...
    my point is, if you believe this is michael actually singing (which sounds way too much like him and not janet) then it's not odd for michael to be singing on other janet songs...

oh. and travis payne is dancing with her too.
    [youtube:2ai36jj2]
  • teine21teine21 Posts: 898
    Good video, love that you were able to find her audio from the VMA's without music. I agree it sounds just like MJ. Janet & Mike sound alike sometimes but her voice is easy to distinguish from his, hers has always been softer & she tends to sing higher. Michael sings aggressively on his upbeat tracks, Janet doesn't she still sings softer than him. So normally I'd probably say she was trying to sing & sound like him but that was clearly his voice, even the way the verse was sung was not Janet's style. I don't think she'd be able to sound exactly like him no matter how much she tried. As for the AMA's I think that was her saying "Let's Dance". It sounded a little different, deeper but the voice changes as you get older. I don't think that was Mike, although I could be wrong. I'm pretty convinced with the VMA's that it's MJ's voice, not for sure if he was there but it is him, imo.
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    I can also hear Michael's voice. I was like <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> when I listened. It's normal that it's not obvious, blatant it's only for us to know. I love the message of the song. I trust in you Michael.
  • Okay, first time I heard this and it is very freaky. I have been listening to alot of MJ songs lately and even if she is his sister in some parts it sound exactly like MJ. Too much so I think. Perhaps it is done intentionally but WOW very very Michael. Listen to the sounds of some of the words and it sounds just like him and the way he speaks. Very Very odd I think.
  • for a good comparison:

[youtube:54z09hqt]

TOTALLY DIFFERENT... also her lower voice.... much more like a woman
  • and look at this video:
    they have deepened the voice

[youtube:3dteoo0f]
  • vanessavanessa Posts: 80
    God, i'm sure there's Mike in this song, especially the first bridge, and the way "insecurity" is pronounced for example sounded just like if Mike said it
    This song is very beautiful yet sad, i could cry for no reason listening to it, silly but i don't know why...I could listen to this song over and over again..
    The part where we suspected being sung by Mike, is more emotional IMO...

V
    it sounds kind of like Michael is speaking to us through this song. Just my opinion.

I feel it too, maybe that's why i'm feeling soo sad hearing it..
  • rasyterasyte Posts: 484
    and look at this video:

[youtube:3d4ccbk4]

OMG for sure Mike.. <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> I start to cry... <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->
  • A behind the scenes video clip from the set of the music video for "Nothing" has been posted this evening on Janet's official website.

As Janet explained on Twitter, the music video, which is being directed by Tim Palen, was filmed yesterday and "should be ready next week."

Palen is a photographer and the Co-President of Theatrical Marketing at Lions Gate Entertainment, the company that is releasing Why Did I Get Married Too?

<!-- m -->http://www.janetjackson.com/videos<!-- m -->

green screen haha <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • Stéphanie, thank you for bringing it here!
    About the green screen is one of the most normal things in a music video, more if it´s based on effects.
    But the whole thing about "Nothing" is very interesting.
    Unfortunately it´s very difficult to understand what she says.
  • and look at this video:

[youtube:22oj7uax]

OMG for sure Mike.. <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o --> I start to cry... <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->

OMG!!! I KNOW... I JUST SO MJ.. IS MJ VOICE!! im speechless, i cant believe it... <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: -->
    just imagine if that is really michael singing and they play a little bit with the sound to put it a little higher and you have janets voice... I am just <!-- s:shock: -->:shock:<!-- s:shock: --> <!-- s:o -->:o<!-- s:o -->

¨trust in me...¨
    Guys, the video is out btw...
    One thing i noticed, Janet's wearing a military style jacket in here lol
    Here's the link

<!-- m -->http://music.aol.com/video/nothing/jane ... 5628793001<!-- m -->
    a fireworks at the end reminds me ...
    b8sgfk.jpg

<!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

"What can I do to help you see.."

"Trust in me
    Trust in me" <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    I think of all the brothers of Michael, Janet is the one that most resembles him, both physically and personally <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    I think of all the brothers of Michael, Janet is the one that most resembles him, both physically and personally <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

that's true.. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • SabrinaSabrina Posts: 342
    LOL sorry but for me it's 100% Janet