World Wide Earth Hour March 27th 2010...Please sign up!

mjj4ever777mjj4ever777 Posts: 1,467
edited January 1970 in News
Hi everyone. I just wanted to ask all of you to please participate in "Earth Hour" which takes place on March 27 2010. For one hour, we are asking that you turn off your lights and anything electrical that you can, to celebrate world wide Earth Hour! I thought that this would be a great opportunity for all of us to show Michael that we really do care about our planet and that we can all take part of this wonderful world wide experience.

I live in Canada and here "Earth Hour" will take place at 8:30 pm March 27th, but for those of you in other countries you can go and sign up and find out the time in your country at http://www.earthhour.org

I really hope that all of you will take part in this wonderful chance to make a small change in our environment. Please pass this message along to everyone you know, because it is very important that we do this and I think that Michael would be very happy that we all participated. It may be only one hour, but it will make a difference!

During this hour of darkness, I am going to sit down with my family and talk to them about the importance of making a change and talk about the little things that they can do to help the environment. Also I am going to take this time, this, "Family Hour" to talk about LOVE and how LOVE will make this world a better place! Think about it my friends, how often do people sit down with their families, with candle light and just talk? With all the modern day electronic gadgets these days, we don't take enough time to just sit and talk with our kids about what is really important in life, so please take advantage of this 1 hour to do something that will make a difference in our world!

Thank you to my "Michael" family....I know we will all do the right thing. Every person that signs up WILL make a difference! Don't forget to tell others about this ok?

Lets dedicate this years "Earth Hour" in Honour of Michael! So who's in?

Sincerely yours,
Dayna L White

Comments

• rasyterasyte Posts: 484
    I'M IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • vilte90vilte90 Posts: 148
    Of course I'm in <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    COME TOGETHER!!!! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • loyalfanloyalfan Posts: 1,641
    I HAVE SIGNED UP JUST NOW......XXXXXX
  • I'm definitely in! <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • MichelleMichelle Posts: 325
    YEAH, OF COURSE WE'RE IN!!!
    I just registered and find out that in every country it will take place on 27th March at 8:30pm.
    Spread the world, i wish there will be more events like this, let's help healing our planet!!!
  • I'm in too !!!! <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • mjj4ever777mjj4ever777 Posts: 1,467
    Wow...I thought that more then 7 people would sign up for Earth Hour! Come on friends, if we can't give 1 hour of our time for something this important, how will we ever change the world? please show your support and sign up! Thanks. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
    my mom sign it.. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • Wow...I thought that more then 7 people would sign up for Earth Hour! Come on friends, if we can't give 1 hour of our time for something this important, how will we ever change the world? please show your support and sign up! Thanks. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

If people does not sign or say something here doesn´t mean they´re not following it or caring about Earth.
    Each one has his own way I guess.
  • mjj4ever777mjj4ever777 Posts: 1,467
    please pass the message along to all your friends and family...spread the love! Thanks
  • i'm in
  • Earth Hour is over less than 3 hours. Be sure to turn out all those lights everyone! <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • whisperwhisper Posts: 630
    this is exciting <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • 56 Minutes till Earth Hour, it's still light here but the lights will be off anyway. This is exciting!
  • It's Earth Hour! <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
  • suomursusuomursu Posts: 111
    I'm definitely in! But hey, don't just turn off your LIGHTS, turn off ALL the electric supplies you can, especially the computer! =)
  • OMG, and we´re gonna be out from here?? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    Imagine it´s the BAM hour <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

But this is about the Global Warming, a thing I don´t buy.
    I´m gonna do it but for other reasons, damaging electricity companies interests and their abuses, and helping the Earth by saving natural resources.
    OMG, and we´re gonna be out from here?? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    Imagine it´s the BAM hour <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

I´m gonna do it but for other reasons, damaging electricity companies interests and their abuses, and helping the Earth by saving natural resources.

I can't imagine us missing BAM... <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->D i would never forgive to myself... <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
    and about Global Warming I dont believe in it too... <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • Anyway , if it was so, it would be LA earth time, and it´s late night to me so... <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • OMG, and we´re gonna be out from here?? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

It is about the global warming thing, and I don't buy it neither. But the thing of people uniting and turning their lights off so it is all dark and stuff is quite a beautiful thing. And also the reasons you mentioned. Sadly most of the people who are not aware won't see the symbolism behind this as I/we do.
  • You´re sooo right MJLover1990!
    It´s really beautiful.
  • I´m blacking out, it´s my time!
    MJ, don´t BAM now.
    Or better BAM <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • I´m blacking out, it´s my time!
    MJ, don´t BAM now.
    Or better BAM <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Hahaha! <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • We already do it. We have been doing this for a couple of years. I think it started in 2007. We have never signed up or anything, we just saw on the internet about it and started doing it. I am glad that more people are involved.