World Wide Earth Hour March 27th 2010...Please sign up!

2»

Comments

• I signed up and invited all my yahoo contacts <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • We already do it. We have been doing this for a couple of years. I think it started in 2007. We have never signed up or anything, we just saw on the internet about it and started doing it. I am glad that more people are involved.

I´m back, really nice hour!
    I don´t know when this started as a official initiative against the global warming, but I remember doing this to save energy (reducing Earth exploitation) or to boicot energy companies at least for 8 years now.

But this people, take this kind of initiatives they turn them theirs and manipulate their meaning.
  • mjj4ever777mjj4ever777 Posts: 1,467
    Thanks to all of you that are participating in Earth hour!! I'm not doing it because of the global warming,just because it is a small way to contribute to the earth in general. Peace and Love to all...Do it for Michael!!! Take the time to just be a family..have a talk with the kids about what they can do to help the earth...or just talk! xxoo <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • My earth hour is in 4 hours, I think I'm going to jump on my trampoline and read for a hour and than come back on here xD
  • CCCC Posts: 2,136
    I´M IN ARGENTINA, HERE THE TV CHANNELS ARE ON THIS AND BUENOS AIRES GOVERMENT (THE CAPITAL) ARE IN THIS TOO... THIS IS SO COOL!
    NOW AN HOUR AND A HALF REMAIN TO EARTH HOUR!
    OF COURSE I´M IN!!!
    COME TOGETHER!
    LOVE <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • MichelleMichelle Posts: 325
    Hello guys <!-- s:P -->:P<!-- s:P -->
    I'm in Hungary and we're almost 2 hours after it, just me and my teenage sister were at home, we cut off all the electric things and lighted candles and we just sat in the dark and talked, it was soo calming!
    It's really good if you do it for Michael, but it's even better if you do it for yourself and your children and their children and their children..............
  • 3 hours until now, I'm pretty excited <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • katson45katson45 Posts: 116
    I am still in wheelchair/don't get out much. Neighbor just informed me the city is joining 'earth hour' and will 'be completely dark' at 8;30 pm for 1 hr. The officials are cutting the citie's power source for the hour! alright..love it! I'm in BC lower mainland...
  • I am still in wheelchair/don't get out much. Neighbor just informed me the city is joining 'earth hour' and will 'be completely dark' at 8;30 pm for 1 hr. The officials are cutting the citie's power source for the hour! alright..love it! I'm in BC lower mainland...

That's cool, I wish my city would have done that. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> Although nobody else in my neighborhood did it my family did proudly <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->
  • Sorry, but I don't follow such things. Turning off the lights, AND turning them ON after is asking so much energy ! It's symbolic, but useless... When you turn your light ON it needs more electricity in one moment then usual work. If everybody does it at the same time...it's just big problems for all the "energy net"
    I think ecology is an everyday fight. What is the use to turn your TV OFF for one hour, if you let it on "sleep program" all night long, all year long ?

I know many people want to feel connected in a great motivation, but I think we should do thing that could last...be careful for energy loss EVERY DAY,EVERY HOUR.

*breaking other's dreams* OFF <!-- s:geek: -->:geek:<!-- s:geek: -->