Repost: Official Dave Dave thread

Comments

• LKL Dave Dave wasn`t live - according to ChildByAdoption who sounds quite reasonable (not only on that point). I am still on the fence ...
  • Hi there. Was anyone able to "debunk" the Nodding Hampshire UK deal?? I'm new here (hi!) and I have been curious about that. Evidentally DD had Provo UK prior. That was debunked quickly... but I haven't been able to crack "Nodding Hampshire"... Sorry if this has already been answered. I did try to search first <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->
  • At first when I viewed the video I was under the assumption that it wasn't Michael.

But I actually watched the video and listened. Sometimes people just need to listen and tune everything else out for a while. The minute I heard Dave Dave said "Well" and "Um", I just knew it was Michael. Of course skeptics would say millions of men have soft voices and sound like MJ.

But no one, and I mean no one, sounds like Michael Jackson but Michael Jackson. Unless Dave is a master mimic and managed to get down Mike's mannerisms, eyes, voice, and lips down so perfectly to the point to where it's Michael Jackson then talk about earth shattering.

However, when push comes to shove, I definitely believe it's Michael and that was his way of showing us that he is okay. Even if Michael is no longer physically with us I view it as him being in a far better place. But in my heart I just know, I just believe he's alive and until I SEE or HEAR otherwise then I'll let go. Until then I am not ready to let go and I am under the pretense that Michael Jackson was Dave Dave on Larry King.
  • xx_missinghim_xx, Welcome, I also have tried to work out this "Nodding" from Dave Dave's Myspace but to no avail. I don't think there is such a place, certainly no such place in Hampshire, England or indeed New Hampshire, USA. I typed "Nodding Hampshire" into maps and it just said "near Hampshire". I've since understood this to be what happens when one types any word next to an existing place into Google Maps. It always comes back with the word "near". Hope this makes some kind of sense. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->
  • Thank you for the warm welcome <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> . I can't find anything that would make sense of "nodding hampshire". It is just very odd....
  • xx_missinghim_xx, Yes indeed it is very "n(odd)".
  • pepperpepper Posts: 558
    NOTTINGHAMSHIRE!!!

<!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nottinghamshire<!-- m -->

<!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

In popular culture, Robin Hood and his band of merry men are usually portrayed as living in Sherwood Forest, in Nottinghamshire.

Robin Hood is a hero in English folklore, a highly skilled archer, swordsman, and outlaw. In particular, he is known for "robbing from the rich and giving to the poor", assisted by a group of fellow outlaws known as his "Merry Men". Robin and many of his men wore Lincoln green clothes. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

0219_arnie.jpg

There are many songs and stories about him, starting in medieval times, and continuing through more modern literature, films, and television series. In the earliest sources Robin Hood is a commoner, but he was often later portrayed as an aristocrat, wrongfully dispossessed of his lands and made into an outlaw. <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: -->

The man, the myth, the legend?

<!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Hood<!-- m -->
  • pepper, I like your thinking but how does one make the leap from "Nodding" to "Nottinghamshire. Do you think Dave Dave made a mistake? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • pepperpepper Posts: 558
    pepper, I like your thinking but how does one make the leap from "Nodding" to "Nottinghamshire. Do you think Dave Dave made a mistake? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

Nodding, Hampshire UK

No _ _ ing Ham _ shire UK

Notting Hamshire UK

Nottinghamshire UK

I think he just spelled it wrong and put it together that way cause he knows we like puzzles <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> and having to figure things out. IMO
  • liegiliegi Posts: 640
    Could it be the pronunciation? although the British pronounce the two t's distinctly. An American pronunciation of Nottinghamshire. In America we tend to pronounce the "t" between vowels like "d".
  • pepper, That's very clever. I wish I could think like that. You may be onto something. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • liegi, I also think you may have hit the nail on the head, with your input about the pronunciation. I wonder if Dave Dave has only heard someone with an American accent say the place name "Nottinghamshire" and wrote "Nodding Hampshire". If that is not the case, Dave Dave, then you have my sincere apologies.
    Thanks, mjjveritas. I teach ESL and always have to watch out for this difference.
  • liegi, Sorry does your username start with a small "l" or a capital "I". I've just realized I've maybe got it wrong? Ll or I (i)? Hope this makes sense.
    lowercase--liegi. Not very MJ-related, but I couldn't think of anything else at the time.
  • liegi, Thank you. I'm having a dense few days. I just remembered I could have just checked the usernames at the bottom of the page. <!-- s:oops: -->:oops:<!-- s:oops: -->
  • Hmmm... you guys are very clever <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> . I wonder what the "puzzle" is?? The Robin Hood thing was pretty good. Please forgive me, but I'm unfamiliar with David Rothenberg. I only know the basics. But, I though he was from UT? Am I wrong? Did he move to the UK? Nodding Hampshire. Puzzling, indeed. Another search goes on I guess <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> . I'm soooooo glad I found this forum. I get looked at like I'm a freak show when I disguss this stuff with people. Some people actually get angry. Pretty scary. Atleast ya'll share the same passion I do... finding out the who's what's where's when's and why's. Thank you
  • There is a "Nottinghamshire" in England .... <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> But why the mispelling?? <!-- s:idea: -->:idea:<!-- s:idea: -->
  • Yeah, MJ = the modern Robin Hood? Well,just another matching fairy tale ... (Robin Hood went the "yellow brick road" backwards, like moonwalking ....) <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • LOL - I guess you never know
  • <!-- m -->http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... D=46149546<!-- m -->

What about this one ? I think DD loves the garbage bins <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
  • whatyourheartsays, Great picture. Hope this gets a pilot. I can just see this show up against "24" or some other garbage. Pun intended.
    Is he being ironic?
  • liegi, Yes, I think so. Unfortunately I don't think the world is quite ready for Kojak Dave Dave just yet. Maybe next month.
  • KirscheKirsche Posts: 2,082
    Is the eye on the garbage can one of Michaels eyes from the "invincible" cover or am I wrong?