Joe Jackson: 'Michael Was Resuscitated After Cardiac Arrest'

Comments

• mjfansince4mjfansince4 Posts: 1,030
    tmz:
    Furthermore, sources tell TMZ Dr. Conrad Murray insists he was able to restart Jackson's heart at the singer's home before paramedics arrived and then maintained heart activity in the ambulance.

Dr. Murray's evaluation contradicts paramedics at the scene who wanted to take Jackson to the morgue, not UCLA, because they believed he was dead.

It also contradicts Joe Jackson's lawyer, Brian Oxman, who tells TMZ he believes Jackson was dead even before paramedics arrived at the house. Oxman says the weak pulse detected at UCLA was in reaction to resuscitation efforts.

We're told the criminal case is shaping up as a legal war between medical experts, who will be interpreting medical tests and charts in various ways -- always confusing for a jury.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/30/conrad-murray-michael-jackson-heart-ekg-paramedics-ucla-medical-center-wrongful-death/

I dont understand if he was resucitaded why we know that now and not after <!-- s:?: -->:?:<!-- s:?: --> <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->

And what about the ambulance ? Do the ambulances drive so slowly when they have someone with weak pulse or heart activity and they are hoping to save his life ? From the ambulance, it looked it was not an emergency anymore.

When someone is in cardiac arrest, the ambulance transport lights and sirens. It would have been very irresponsible for the driver to have flown out of the driveway as the medics in the back were actually working on the patient. I know a lot of people don't understand that. And just because this may come up, it was totally appropriate to not have sirens on at the time they were leaving the residence (they DID have lights on). And to argue that further, it took them 6 minutes to get from the house to the hospital. That time is very quick, so they definitely didn't just cruise there, ya know?

i thought i read somewhere it takes 5 minutes from michael's house to UCLA- he was that close. so the 6 minute drive isn't really that rushed, in my opinion (if that "5 minute drive"evidence is valid).
  • LadyMedicLadyMedic Posts: 169
    And what about the ambulance ? Do the ambulances drive so slowly when they have someone with weak pulse or heart activity and they are hoping to save his life ? From the ambulance, it looked it was not an emergency anymore.

When someone is in cardiac arrest, the ambulance transport lights and sirens. It would have been very irresponsible for the driver to have flown out of the driveway as the medics in the back were actually working on the patient. I know a lot of people don't understand that. And just because this may come up, it was totally appropriate to not have sirens on at the time they were leaving the residence (they DID have lights on). And to argue that further, it took them 6 minutes to get from the house to the hospital. That time is very quick, so they definitely didn't just cruise there, ya know?

i thought i read somewhere it takes 5 minutes from michael's house to UCLA- he was that close. so the 6 minute drive isn't really that rushed, in my opinion (if that "5 minute drive"evidence is valid).
    Mapquest says 7 minutes. Now here's the thing, we don't know if the driver told dispatch he was transporting when he began backing out, while he was backing out, or as he was leaving the residence. So if he did it when he began to back out, that means it took only 3 minutes. Regardless, 3-6 minutes is an awesome transport time. We don't know what traffic was like, so I can't speculate, but I would not complain about a 6 minute transport.

And again, the driver cannot just fly at top speeds. The medics are working on the patient and you can't get anything done if you're being thrown around in the back. I've told my driver to slow down many times. In 100% honesty, in a cardiac arrest I prefer they don't drive as fast as they could because I need to be able to interpret the rhythm, do compressions, make sure my tube doesn't come out, administer medications, etc. All of that requires you to not be thrown around.

When I will tell my partner to stand on it is when I have a really, really sick patient that I know I can't do much for but they need to get to the hospital FAST. A cardiac arrest that's been worked for over 42 minutes is not something that you would need to stand on it for. Lights and sirens yes. But not flying at top speeds.
  • billyjeanbillyjean Posts: 26
    What I am seeing here are some people starting to doubt because
    of this article but to me, it screams out HOAX. Every time the news
    dies down to the point we barely hear anything on MJ, something
    new gets brought up in the media, why's that? Why not deliver us
    the news all at once? They need to keep the popularity of his supposed
    death alive. It's all about financial gain. Everybody wants a piece of
    the pie. I don't see much MJ merchandise at the store. They need
    to keep the money flowing. I am convinced that he is alive & if it
    can be proved beyond a shadow of a doupt that he is dead, I refuse
    to believe so. I think he is hiding out & people are taking advantage
    of that for finacial gain & I'm sorry if I upset anyone but Joe Jackson
    included because the stories keep changing or more keeps getting
    added on. Don't loose faith & stay away from the what ifs.
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    billyjean're right every time there is a story about MJ contradicts what was said before, I'm at the point, to believe that Michael died I have to really look at the body. <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • MYLOVELYONEMYLOVELYONE Posts: 175
    "Michael WAS RESUSCITATED after cardiac arrest" do we need more explaination about it
  • <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
  • mjj29081958mjj29081958 Posts: 451
    Mapquest says 7 minutes. Now here's the thing, we don't know if the driver told dispatch he was transporting when he began backing out, while he was backing out, or as he was leaving the residence. So if he did it when he began to back out, that means it took only 3 minutes. Regardless, 3-6 minutes is an awesome transport time. We don't know what traffic was like, so I can't speculate, but I would not complain about a 6 minute transport.

And again, the driver cannot just fly at top speeds. The medics are working on the patient and you can't get anything done if you're being thrown around in the back. I've told my driver to slow down many times. In 100% honesty, in a cardiac arrest I prefer they don't drive as fast as they could because I need to be able to interpret the rhythm, do compressions, make sure my tube doesn't come out, administer medications, etc. All of that requires you to not be thrown around.

When I will tell my partner to stand on it is when I have a really, really sick patient that I know I can't do much for but they need to get to the hospital FAST. A cardiac arrest that's been worked for over 42 minutes is not something that you would need to stand on it for. Lights and sirens yes. But not flying at top speeds.

So, is your last sentence related to the chances of make someone "revive" or get back any vital sign after almost one hour of resuscitative efforts?
  • naviblnavibl Posts: 117
    This should blow it all out of the water for you all.

Listen to what Oxman is saying...He got a call a little before noon saying Randy's assistant had taken Michael FROM the Hospital...taken him where?..does that coincide with Jermaine saying Michael was not with them when he arrived at the AIRPORT?....oops he meant hospital...yeah right...!!
    So if Michael was taken FROM the hospital a little before noon....what the heck is up with the 911 call at 12:21....cause we know THAT is so accurate....Oxman is really SO heart broken, it is just all he can do to keep from bursting out laughing..OH yeah we know MR Oxman that the abulance photo is fake

<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/user/CBS#p/search/0/k3Izi-tS5Kk<!-- m -->

The list goes on and on and on and on

So, is your last sentence related to the chances of make someone "revive" or get back any vital sign after almost one hour of resuscitative efforts?

I'm not sure I entirely understand your question. Please feel free to reask it if I'm not giving the answer you intended.

I think you're referring to "A cardiac arrest that's been worked for over 42 minutes is not something that you would need to stand on it for."? If you are, yes. It is related to the chances of someone surviving after 42+ minutes (which we know was closer to, and could be even more than, an hour). They medics attempted CPR for 20 minutes with no rhythm change. At that point in time, a person is more than likely to have permanent brain damage if they were ever able to actually live. It is in their protocols (and many other ambulance company protocols) to stop resuscitative measures after 20 minutes with thourough attempts and no response from the patient. This is because the patients chances of surviving are so little.

I do understand that they say Michael regained a pulse at the hospital. I'm sure that even the doctors knew that it wasn't going to last, and even if it did, it would have just been enough time for the family to come and say goodbye to the patient.

Again, if you were referring to a different sentence, or I didn't quite answer what you were asking, please let me know and I'll try my best to answer your question <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • This is getting so destorted. This makes me believe he is dead.. But you read and hear jermaine will the slip ups, and you feel he is alive. This is hard on all of us believers, I guess we shouldn't lose faith.

Never lose faith! Keep the faith!
  • RavenRaven Posts: 709
    This should blow it all out of the water for you all.

Listen to what Oxman is saying...He got a call a little before noon saying Randy's assistant had taken Michael FROM the Hospital...taken him where?..does that coincide with Jermaine saying Michael was not with them when he arrived at the AIRPORT?....oops he meant hospital...yeah right...!!
    So if Michael was taken FROM the hospital a little before noon....what the heck is up with the 911 call at 12:21....cause we know THAT is so accurate....Oxman is really SO heart broken, it is just all he can do to keep from bursting out laughing..OH yeah we know MR Oxman that the abulance photo is fake

<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/user/CBS#p/search/0/k3Izi-tS5Kk<!-- m -->

The list goes on and on and on and on
    You're absolutely right, he says taken FROM the hospital JUST BEFORE noon. When the call was not even made before 12:22

Also about the smile on his face after he says "it is a very sad day for me, I am heartbroken": -SMILE-. However it does often happen when people are being interviewed and talking about something emotional they have been through, to be smiling. It's a very strange phenomenon, without audio it would seem as if they were talking about something very nice that had happened to them.
  • mjj29081958mjj29081958 Posts: 451
    I'm not sure I entirely understand your question. Please feel free to reask it if I'm not giving the answer you intended.

I think you're referring to "A cardiac arrest that's been worked for over 42 minutes is not something that you would need to stand on it for."? If you are, yes. It is related to the chances of someone surviving after 42+ minutes (which we know was closer to, and could be even more than, an hour). They medics attempted CPR for 20 minutes with no rhythm change. At that point in time, a person is more than likely to have permanent brain damage if they were ever able to actually live. It is in their protocols (and many other ambulance company protocols) to stop resuscitative measures after 20 minutes with thourough attempts and no response from the patient. This is because the patients chances of surviving are so little.

I do understand that they say Michael regained a pulse at the hospital. I'm sure that even the doctors knew that it wasn't going to last, and even if it did, it would have just been enough time for the family to come and say goodbye to the patient.

Again, if you were referring to a different sentence, or I didn't quite answer what you were asking, please let me know and I'll try my best to answer your question <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

I'm sorry, I know I was not clear enough, but yes that's exactly what I meant, thank you.

You say that you have a couple of mins till your neurological functions gets a non- reversible damage, so revive a patient after such a long time wouldn't have been the best news ever, right? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

LadyMedic, did you read the Autopsy Report?
    <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) --> I think I agree with you peasant ... <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    MYLOVELYONE , I mean you <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    <!-- m -->http://translate.googleusercontent.com/ ... 9JWnWlnXFQ<!-- m -->

In this blog do a bit of an analysis of the report of the paramedics, the public that all these things have to do with each other, a series of absurd and full of errors, from elaboracon of this report, through all statements we have been listening to the autopsy report. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • Why is Joe coming out with this information now?!...Okay they resuscitated him after an hour, so what happened next?! I'm no doctor nor do I have any kind of medical background...but how is it possible to resuscitate someone an hour after they supposedly had an heart attack caused by an anesthetic drug?! Think about it, propofol knocks you completely out and causes respiratory problems, that's why doctors use breathing devices cause the drug impairs breathing. So how could they have revived him especially when Murray initially didn't tell them what he had given MJ?..Don't they have to use some type of other drug to wake someone up after they took an anesthetic drug? And how does the EMT"s know he had an heart attack? Cause it could have been respiratory failure or whatever the term is. Ay yai yai I have a freakin headache. Lies lies and more stupid lies. These Jackson's are starting to really piss me off! I don't know what's going on but none of it makes any sense. <!-- s:twisted: -->:twisted:<!-- s:twisted: -->
    Why is Joe coming out with this information now?!...Okay they resuscitated him after an hour, so what happened next?! I'm no doctor nor do I have any kind of medical background...but how is it possible to resuscitate someone an hour after they supposedly had an heart attack caused by an anesthetic drug?! Think about it, propofol knocks you completely out and causes respiratory problems, that's why doctors use breathing devices cause the drug impairs breathing. So how could they have revived him especially when Murray initially didn't tell them what he had given MJ?..Don't they have to use some type of other drug to wake someone up after they took an anesthetic drug? And how does the EMT"s know he had an heart attack? Cause it could have been respiratory failure or whatever the term is. Ay yai yai I have a freakin headache. Lies lies and more stupid lies. These Jackson's are starting to really piss me off! I don't know what's going on but none of it makes any sense. <!-- s:twisted: -->:twisted:<!-- s:twisted: -->
    He did not have a heart attack. The paramedics never said he had a heart attack. No medical personnel ever said he had a heart attack.
    http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=es&sl=pt&tl=en&u=http://alucinada50.blogspot.com/2010/04/eletrocardiograma.html&rurl=translate.google.co.ve&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhjcx6AZNs6GNPY93E3x9JWnWlnXFQ

In this blog do a bit of an analysis of the report of the paramedics, the public that all these things have to do with each other, a series of absurd and full of errors, from elaboracon of this report, through all statements we have been listening to the autopsy report. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    I read your blog, and I think you're confusing a pulse ox with ETCO2. And the EKG you have doesn't really fit into what you're talking about. If you have questions about it, I'd be more than willing to answer them, because your information is very misconstrued.
    LadyMedic, this blog is not mine, you post to know if someone can get us to all doubts, I'm no doctor. But not to be a doctor tell me that all these reports, the paramedics as the autopsy are full of errors and contradictions. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    LadyMedic, this blog is not mine, you post to know if someone can get us to all doubts, I'm no doctor. But not to be a doctor tell me that all these reports, the paramedics as the autopsy are full of errors and contradictions. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    Ah! I'm sorry, I thought it was yours. But the writer seems confused about what they're writing about. But everything I've seen from the medics so far has seemed very legit.
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    'Michael Was Resuscitated After Cardiac Arrest'

I agree. This supports the preparation for a return. It already has put thoughts in non-believers minds that MJ could still possibly be alive <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: --> <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: -->

All these news reports are fake and are only being released to keep up with the hoax. It seems real, but it's all bullshit <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: --> <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: --> <!-- s:!: -->:!:<!-- s:!: -->

These are my thoughts about any new article released in the press. It's all part of this wonderful "adventure". Keep the faith and trust in GOD. As always. with L.O.V.E xox
    LadyMedic , it seems strange that if the 911 call took place at 12:21 in the image of the oximeter was another hour before I could look 11:51?.... <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    LadyMedic , it seems strange that if the 911 call took place at 12:21 in the image of the oximeter was another hour before I could look 11:51?.... <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
    That's not the pulse ox.
    And you have to manually set the time on the monitors. It's not automatic. Honest to God, when I checked my monitor yesterday and checked the defib, the time was an hour off. I did it at 9:10-ish and it said 8 something when it printed out.
  • Why is Joe coming out with this information now?!...Okay they resuscitated him after an hour, so what happened next?! I'm no doctor nor do I have any kind of medical background...but how is it possible to resuscitate someone an hour after they supposedly had an heart attack caused by an anesthetic drug?! Think about it, propofol knocks you completely out and causes respiratory problems, that's why doctors use breathing devices cause the drug impairs breathing. So how could they have revived him especially when Murray initially didn't tell them what he had given MJ?..Don't they have to use some type of other drug to wake someone up after they took an anesthetic drug? And how does the EMT"s know he had an heart attack? Cause it could have been respiratory failure or whatever the term is. Ay yai yai I have a freakin headache. Lies lies and more stupid lies. These Jackson's are starting to really piss me off! I don't know what's going on but none of it makes any sense. <!-- s:twisted: -->:twisted:<!-- s:twisted: -->
    He did not have a heart attack. The paramedics never said he had a heart attack. No medical personnel ever said he had a heart attack.

Well according to these articles, he died of a heart attack. I know the day he "died", I kept hearing heart attack or either cardiac arrest and correct me if I'm wrong but I thought heart attack was another word for cardiac arrest. So I know I wasn't living in La La Land at the time, cause I know what I heard...Read the following articles:

Heart Attack (a.k.a cardiac arrest)
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/25/AR2009062503127.html
    Cardiac Arrest
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/25/michael-jackson-dies-_n_221104.html
    Why is Joe coming out with this information now?!...Okay they resuscitated him after an hour, so what happened next?! I'm no doctor nor do I have any kind of medical background...but how is it possible to resuscitate someone an hour after they supposedly had an heart attack caused by an anesthetic drug?! Think about it, propofol knocks you completely out and causes respiratory problems, that's why doctors use breathing devices cause the drug impairs breathing. So how could they have revived him especially when Murray initially didn't tell them what he had given MJ?..Don't they have to use some type of other drug to wake someone up after they took an anesthetic drug? And how does the EMT"s know he had an heart attack? Cause it could have been respiratory failure or whatever the term is. Ay yai yai I have a freakin headache. Lies lies and more stupid lies. These Jackson's are starting to really piss me off! I don't know what's going on but none of it makes any sense. <!-- s:twisted: -->:twisted:<!-- s:twisted: -->

Well according to these articles, he died of a heart attack. I know the day he "died", I kept hearing heart attack or either cardiac arrest and correct me if I'm wrong but I thought heart attack was another word for cardiac arrest. So I know I wasn't living in La La Land at the time, cause I know what I heard...Read the following articles:

Heart Attack (a.k.a cardiac arrest)
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/25/AR2009062503127.html
    Cardiac Arrest
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/25/michael-jackson-dies-_n_221104.html
    You are actually wrong. Cardiac arrest and heart attack are two different things. Cardiac arrest is what everyone will experience. When you die, regardless of what it is from, you are in cardiac arrest. So someone who dies from organ failure, a gun shot, a car accident, suffocating, drowning, etc, they ALL go into cardiac arrest. You can go into cardiac arrest as the result of a heart attack, but not the other way around.

A heart attack is when a vessel is the heart becomes blocked (usually from atherosclerosis) and it causes part of the heart tissue to die. Some people can have heart attacks and never even know because it was so minute. Depending on where the heart attack is and many other factors, the patient could die very quickly. (Like in the movies when they grasp their chest and drop dead. It really can and does happen).

Cardiac arrest is cessation of the heart beating. So literally everyone who dies is in cardiac arrest. When the newspapers post "he died of cardiac arrest", that's about as broad as you can get. You're looking at WHY they went into cardiac arrest. It's a pet peeve of mine 1) when newspapers post that someone died of a heart attack when it had nothing to do with the heart or 2) they say someone died of a cardiac arrest... because EVERYONE who dies is in cardiac arrest.

Does that make sense?