Michael Jackson -- Strong Stimulant Found

SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
edited January 1970 in News
Michael Jackson -- Strong Stimulant Found
Posted Apr 7th 2010 3:00AM by

0406_michael_jackson_ex.jpg

There may be a clear explanation as to why Michael Jackson had trouble sleeping the night before he died -- authorities found a pill bottle in the room containing tablets that would have hyped the singer up big time.

The bottle, which had no label, contained 13 tablets. Each tablet had a combination of ephedrine, caffeine and aspirin. The commercial sale of ephedrine -- a stimulant designed for weight loss -- is banned in the U.S. because of reports of heart attacks, strokes and even death.

Each pill contained 25 mg of ephedrine, 200 mg of caffeine and 80 mg of aspirin. The caffeine alone in each pill is equivalent nearly a 6-pack of coca cola.

One company that manufactures the drug warns against using it past mid-afternoon, because it will cause insomnia.

According to the toxicology results, ephedrine was present in Jackson's urine.

Read more: <!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/category/celebrity-j ... z0kOhFvdCT<!-- m -->

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Comments

• mjfansince4mjfansince4 Posts: 1,030
    okay so let me get this straight....michael suffered from insomnia that led him to take propofol ( which doesn't give you a rested feeling and is useless for people who can't sleep), yet he used ephedrine pills that contained caffeine too?

huh?

ohhh wait i get it. they must have forgotten i have a brain and i actually use it. oooh okay. yeah, this is bullshit.

oh p.s. i wonder how many more bottles will all of a sudden be discovered from nearly a year ago!
  • SouzaSouza Posts: 9,400
    And again the Coca Cola. I did a liddle search on caffeine and I found lots of articles that stated that caffeine can help with the cure of cancer:

<!-- m -->http://worldvillage.com/does-caffeine-cause-cancer<!-- m -->

<!-- m -->http://www.skincareblog.org/entry/caffe ... sks-study/<!-- m -->

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• msteetee34msteetee34 Posts: 1,234
    Why the heck would MJ take a stimulant if he was suffering from insomnia? That wouldn't make any sense. Okay take a stimulant be hyped up all day then rely on propofol to fall asleep. OKAY..... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> That makes sense. These TMZ stories are getting out of hand. No wonder it's a celebrity gossip/entertainment source. More drama than a soap opera. Have you ever watched that show? Everybody on that show is annoying and they always laugh at the celebrities when they're reporting stories. Also why does Harvey always write down every person's name they discuss during the show like he's an educator or something. How he even go from the people's court to TMZ anyway?
    <!-- m -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECA_stack<!-- m -->

Risks

The primary risk of the ECA stack is in the effect of ephedrine on the heart[citation needed]. Pharmaceutical ephedrine is particularly dangerous to people with valve damage, heart problems and heart disease, but can also cause heart attacks, stroke, or death in previously healthy young adults. "Natural" supplements that contain ephedra (aka Ma Huang) as an ephedrine substitute have been linked to cases of heart attack, stroke, and death in healthy young adults even when taken at the labeled dosage.[7]. It is worth noting, however, that the evidence of serious harm is based only on self-reports of uncontrolled use by supplement users; when EC has been used as medically prescribed or in controlled studies, evidence of cardiovascular risk has not been found.

Why the heck would MJ take a stimulant if he was suffering from insomnia? That wouldn't make any sense. Okay take a stimulant be hyped up all day then rely on propofol to fall asleep. OKAY..... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> That makes sense. These TMZ stories are getting out of hand. No wonder it's a celebrity gossip/entertainment source. More drama than a soap opera.

Or they are trying to tell us something in their own gossip way...

• Why the heck would MJ take a stimulant if he was suffering from insomnia? That wouldn't make any sense. Okay take a stimulant be hyped up all day then rely on propofol to fall asleep. OKAY..... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> That makes sense. These TMZ stories are getting out of hand. No wonder it's a celebrity gossip/entertainment source. More drama than a soap opera.

Agreed on. Look at the big picture. It's certainly not the first time TMZ points out something by writing in between the lines.
  • jessicakthxjessicakthx Posts: 460
    Good god TMZ is certainly late on this story.
  • darkchilddarkchild Posts: 1,161
    okay so let me get this straight....michael suffered from insomnia that led him to take propofol ( which doesn't give you a rested feeling and is useless for people who can't sleep), yet he used ephedrine pills that contained caffeine too?

huh?

ohhh wait i get it. they must have forgotten i have a brain and i actually use it. oooh okay. yeah, this is bullshit.

oh p.s. i wonder how many more bottles will all of a sudden be discovered from nearly a year ago!

Hey, TMZ, I have a brain as well. This is complete rot. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> I am so tired of your lies. You guys only write this rot to hurt the MJ fans, his family and to destroy MJ's character. Also, to line your pockets with cash. But, I will never believe it at all. TMZ, you can write your lies day after day, and night after night, and guess what millions upon millions of fans will love MJ forever and forever. MJ, trained his fans well. MJ leads by example. MJ just continues to love no matter what the world throws at him. See TMZ, I will never stop loving MJ no matter what! Applehead, I love you the most. <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • Again with a picture of him smiling.
  • shirleyshirley Posts: 39

actually they posted it before
    Drug Stash Found at Michael Jackson's

Posted Mar 26th 2010 7:10PM by TMZ Staff

A newly-released search warrant details what cops found at Michael Jackson's home in the wake of his death -- and the list is long. It includes:

0326_conrad_mj_bn.jpg

- 3 - 10 mg/ml 1% lydocaine vials (2 empty, 1 3/4 full)
    - 1 empty bottle propofol 200 mg
    - 1 pulse monometer
    - 1 empty vial lorazepam 4 mg
    - 2 empty vials midazolam 10mg
    - 1 empty vial propofol 1g/100ml
    - 1 black nylon bag
    - 1 dark blue costco bag
    - 1 light blue canvas bag
    - 1 pill bottle with 13 tablets containing 25 mg ephedrine, 200 mg caffeine, 80 mg aspirin
    - 4 vials propofol 200mg/20ml
    - 2 vials 5 mg flumazenil
    - 1 vial lorazepam
    - 1 vial lidocane
    - 200mg vials of propofol (1 full, 1 1/4 full)
    - 1 empty bag I.V. drip of sodium chloride with syringe
    - 1 ziplock baggy containing 18 tubes of Benoquin

Note that one of the items seized was a canvas bag. Bodyguard Alberto Alvarez told cops Dr. Murray told him to put vials of propofol in a plastic bag and put that bag in a canvas bag.

Read more: <!-- m -->http://www.tmz.com/category/michael-jac ... z0kP0dgcgv<!-- m -->
    Yes I know and it was also in the original case report where the autopsy is also found. However on that it says they found 14 pills. Small detail but it's cute how they can't get it right.

My point is that there was no reason to suddenly drag this story up again aside from needing better ratings. They'd already reported on it and I'm sure anyone who cared googled and found out they were talking about ECA stacks. This newest article is 100% pointless, like most drivel TMZ posts.
  • loyalfanloyalfan Posts: 1,641
    just my opinion on this.....micheal has to "MAX" this up....to get the peoples sense of outrage,disbelief,etc.......this is important to acheieve the sate of frenzy,and frustration......this is what he needs to show us all.........and i think ...finally...we are all coming to that conclusion.........xxxx he went through hell in 2005......and has never been the same man since..........so now he is showing us ...the new man he has become........so watch out..!!!!
  • At least the pics on TMZ are getting better, from blurry to clear smiley pics <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->
  • lotus_sutralotus_sutra Posts: 224
    Why the heck would MJ take a stimulant if he was suffering from insomnia? That wouldn't make any sense. Okay take a stimulant be hyped up all day then rely on propofol to fall asleep. OKAY..... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> That makes sense.

Unfortunately, we are a pharmaceutical nation and it is much easier/faster to write a prescription rather than find the underlying cause of the symptom...with this being said, I myself have in the past taken a pill to wake me up and focus (ADD and daytime hypersomnia), then something for anxiety and sleep (due to nightime insomnia), and sometimes a muscle relaxer in between because of bone/muscle pain from autoimmune disease...I did not abuse these meds, I actually took less then the recommended dosage, but I had no control over my body I gave control to a little pill!!! I know many ppl in highly professional positions that function this same way, my friend is a physical therapist in fact a director of the PT dept at a large hospital, and this is how he lives as well...pills to get up, pills to go down, pills to make you happy, etc, etc!!!!!
    So my point is, while I am sure this story is related to the hoax, this is not an unusual story at all~!
  • LSKLSK Posts: 97
    Why the heck would MJ take a stimulant if he was suffering from insomnia? That wouldn't make any sense. Okay take a stimulant be hyped up all day then rely on propofol to fall asleep. OKAY..... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> That makes sense.

Unfortunately, we are a pharmaceutical nation and it is much easier/faster to write a prescription rather than find the underlying cause of the symptom...with this being said, I myself have in the past taken a pill to wake me up and focus (ADD and daytime hypersomnia), then something for anxiety and sleep (due to nightime insomnia), and sometimes a muscle relaxer in between because of bone/muscle pain from autoimmune disease...I did not abuse these meds, I actually took less then the recommended dosage, but I had no control over my body I gave control to a little pill!!! I know many ppl in highly professional positions that function this same way, my friend is a physical therapist in fact a director of the PT dept at a large hospital, and this is how he lives as well...pills to get up, pills to go down, pills to make you happy, etc, etc!!!!!
    So my point is, while I am sure this story is related to the hoax, this is not an unusual story at all~!

I agree whilst I'm not sure the TMZ story is true its still highly plausible. I used to suffer from anxiety problems and still suffer from insomnia and once you get into the cycle of taking sleeping pills or anything like it you kind of need that boost the next morning to counteract the groggy feeling from the pills. I never went to the extent of taking banned medication but anything that I could take that I thought would perk me up a bit I was there! Its a just a vicious circle really.
  • MJJ1982MJJ1982 Posts: 1,282
    I don't believe it, the stories are getting ridiculous.
    You don't take ephedrine (it's like a herbal xtc) and then propofol...
  • lotus_sutralotus_sutra Posts: 224
    I don't believe it, the stories are getting ridiculous.
    You don't take ephedrine (it's like a herbal xtc) and then propofol...

While it may be ridiculous, I assure you that similar situations are a common way of life for many...while propofol is going to the exteme, ppl are taking uppers and downers all day long!!!!
  • MJJ1982MJJ1982 Posts: 1,282

While it may be ridiculous, I assure you that similar situations are a common way of life for many...while propofol is going to the exteme, ppl are taking uppers and downers all day long!!!!

You say it, people take uppers and downers but I think they will not take such extreme things.
    I believe he would have taken something else instead of propofol if he wanted to sleep.
  • Why the heck would MJ take a stimulant if he was suffering from insomnia? That wouldn't make any sense. Okay take a stimulant be hyped up all day then rely on propofol to fall asleep. OKAY..... <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> That makes sense. These TMZ stories are getting out of hand. No wonder it's a celebrity gossip/entertainment source. More drama than a soap opera.

Agreed on. Look at the big picture. It's certainly not the first time TMZ points out something by writing in between the lines.

I absolutely agree with the both of you!
  • RavenRaven Posts: 709
    Many is "ridiculous". Such as taking propofol in a home setting. This is beyond reasonable behaviour, I can totally imagine Michael taking ECA pills one moment (e.g. before rehearsals) then wanting a propofol IV the next. I can also imagine him disregarding advice on sleep such as lights off, no sound and so on. It's diva behaviour.

Also, who can expect to have the adrenaline pumped up by rehearsals late at night and then still be able to sleep right after?
  • Good god TMZ is certainly late on this story.

ISNT THAT THE TRUTH <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->
    my[KING]"]

ISNT THAT THE TRUTH <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

DA TROOT!!!!
  • As ridiculous as these stories may seem, this type of substance use is actually quite realistic. This type of substance abuse is rampant. It's a big problem for both kids and adults.
  • MissinMJMissinMJ Posts: 73
    TMZ tries to make it seem like Michael is not human and he can handle extreme things longer than "normal everyday people." There would be no need for Michael to take a stimulant when he knew good and well he was tired, or so we're told. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> If Michael was that tired he would have went off to sleep. And Michael did not look a person who lacked sleep in This is It. He seemed like he was full of life. He was rolling all over the stage and jumping around and didn't look like he had extreme bags under his eyes. But then ALLLLL of a sudden when he hits home he needs Propofol to get to sleep. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> Dr. Murray exits the room for approx. 2 mins and Michael awakens from sleep that he never got that night. <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> And not only that...why was Dr. Murray giving him medicine near into the afternoon on June 25, 2009? When he got home from rehearsal around 1 am...?? Even if Michael was extremely tired he would have crashed at some point due to the stimulant...am I right or am I right?

P.S. Michael shouldn't have been the only one needing some Propofol (lol) Dr. Conrad Murray would need it too due to him driving allll the way to Michael's house and then trying to get Michael to sleep for over 8 hrs! LOL
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Each pill contained 25 mg of ephedrine, 200 mg of caffeine and 80 mg of aspirin. The caffeine alone in each pill is equivalent nearly a 6-pack of coca cola.

It looks like a script already written, again mentioned the Coca Cola <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->