King of Pop - will come under attack today!

Comments

• rag dollrag doll Posts: 357
    Ok - I´ve read the whole topic. Admittedly not because I´m interested in the subject- I couldn´t care less about other peoples sexual orientation. But because I was interested in the reactions this topic would touch off.

After reading the comments, I don´t know what to say except from: it´s sad and moreover also alarming in some places!
    The latent homophobia that comes under the guise of liberality here beggars all description. And in the last resort, when everything else fails, it´s the institution of the catholic church that has to serve as the universal scapegoat for the self-justification of stuffy opinions.

Bashing the catholic church unites in most cases, since only a few will defend it.
    The last bastion, where a blanket judgement unites. An easy way not to occupy oneself with basic questions.
    "Put the blame on Mame". <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

The bottom line is IF he dated (also) men, it´s now clear as daylight to me why he wouldn´t unburden himself in public. <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
  • rasyterasyte Posts: 484
    Sigh... No I think it's better to stop this discussion right here, I might get a headache.

Typical lack of understanding and arguments...

Oh don't temp me, I have arguments enough, but that discussion is not being held in this thread. In some cases it's better to take a step back and bang your head against the wall, than to say what you really want to say. This is one of those moments.

And believe me, you don't want to be introduced to "Dutch directness" when it comes to this subject.

Some comments on this page really made my blood boil, so here's some Dutch directness, coming from first hand experience:

In July 1996 I got a heartbreaking phone call from my oldest sister, telling me that our cousin had committed suicide. Just a few years before, after struggling with himself for years because of all the prejudices planted in people's head by the church, the word of god and the holy books, my cousin came out of the closet as he couldn't live the lie anymore. My entire family had no problem at all with it, we were so happy for him for not having to hide anything anymore, and his boyfriend was welcomed into the family. They were a great couple, they loved each other wholeheartedly. Thinking back, I haven't witnessed such a pure and loving relationship again as the one they had.

For the next few years things appeared to be fine. They were considering adopting a child (yes, here in The Netherlands it's possible for gay couples to adopt children) and they were looking forward to same-sex marriage becoming legal in the Netherlands so that they could get married. They bought a house together and were about to move into it when, totally unexpected to all of us, the devastating news came.

My cousin jumped off a 14 stories building, and my aunt and uncle had to identify him by his watch, glasses and shoes. He left a long letter, in which he explained why he couldn't live on anymore. Despite the family and friends having no problems at all with his 'lifestyle' and the 'sexual gay act', he was still judged and condemned for being gay. Society assessed him as being 'not normal', and he kept running into prejudices, preventing him from leading a normal life. He was so tired of explaining and defending himself time after time again, he was tired of being hated for being gay, for being judged, for being called names, he just couldn't take it anymore, despite all the love and support he got from his boyfriend, his family and true friends.

I think I don't have to explain how devastated we all were and still are to this day by his death, and all he had to go through. His blood is on the hands of those who scream that god forbids homosexuality, who say that homosexuality is not normal and who say that homosexual acts are acts of grave depravity. How DARE those people ruin the life of such a wonderful, caring and loving person as my cousin. Think about THIS story the next time you make statements about homosexuality. I am outraged and deeply offended by those totally ridiculous and narrow minded statements!

OMG Mo! <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> It's so sad... I'm crying... <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
    I'm so sorry for your family.. <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
  • jessicakthxjessicakthx Posts: 460
    Sigh... No I think it's better to stop this discussion right here, I might get a headache.

Oh don't temp me, I have arguments enough, but that discussion is not being held in this thread. In some cases it's better to take a step back and bang your head against the wall, than to say what you really want to say. This is one of those moments.

And believe me, you don't want to be introduced to "Dutch directness" when it comes to this subject.

Some comments on this page really made my blood boil, so here's some Dutch directness, coming from first hand experience:

In July 1996 I got a heartbreaking phone call from my oldest sister, telling me that our cousin had committed suicide. Just a few years before, after struggling with himself for years because of all the prejudices planted in people's head by the church, the word of god and the holy books, my cousin came out of the closet as he couldn't live the lie anymore. My entire family had no problem at all with it, we were so happy for him for not having to hide anything anymore, and his boyfriend was welcomed into the family. They were a great couple, they loved each other wholeheartedly. Thinking back, I haven't witnessed such a pure and loving relationship again as the one they had.

For the next few years things appeared to be fine. They were considering adopting a child (yes, here in The Netherlands it's possible for gay couples to adopt children) and they were looking forward to same-sex marriage becoming legal in the Netherlands so that they could get married. They bought a house together and were about to move into it when, totally unexpected to all of us, the devastating news came.

My cousin jumped off a 14 stories building, and my aunt and uncle had to identify him by his watch, glasses and shoes. He left a long letter, in which he explained why he couldn't live on anymore. Despite the family and friends having no problems at all with his 'lifestyle' and the 'sexual gay act', he was still judged and condemned for being gay. Society assessed him as being 'not normal', and he kept running into prejudices, preventing him from leading a normal life. He was so tired of explaining and defending himself time after time again, he was tired of being hated for being gay, for being judged, for being called names, he just couldn't take it anymore, despite all the love and support he got from his boyfriend, his family and true friends.

I think I don't have to explain how devastated we all were and still are to this day by his death, and all he had to go through. His blood is on the hands of those who scream that god forbids homosexuality, who say that homosexuality is not normal and who say that homosexual acts are acts of grave depravity. How DARE those people ruin the life of such a wonderful, caring and loving person as my cousin. Think about THIS story the next time you make statements about homosexuality. I am outraged and deeply offended by those totally ridiculous and narrow minded statements!

I'm so sorry that that happened in your family <3<3<3
  • DancingTheDreamDancingTheDream Posts: 4,923
    Big up to Debbie Rowe!
  • mjfansince4mjfansince4 Posts: 1,030

oh my god, i'm so incredibly sorry. things like this make my heart break. your cousin is in heaven, i have no doubts about that. people need to understand that love doesn't have a gender. i'm straight, but i think homosexuality is beautiful because it's just another form of love. i hope as years pass, more people will get over the stigma of "being gay." i know when i have kids they will be taught that love is love. i hope more of my generation does the same so people don't feel like they need to take their lives to escape pain. again, i'm so sorry.
  • AnnieIsNotOKAnnieIsNotOK Posts: 979
    This is the sort of thing that drives me up the wall. We live in a supposed modern world yet so many of us are so close minded- stuck in the 1800s. So many of us preach about love and spreading Michael's message but then proceed to tear someone apart due to the way he looks & his sexual orientation? If in fact this man made Michael happy, then we should be happy because Michael was happy. As fans, that's what we want, right? We want Michael to be happy. But I guess if this ruins your daydreams and fantasies about MJ then it just can't be. Michael would be horrified to be reading some of the things written here. This is why so many celebrities chose to keep their sexual orientation a secret. People JUDGE. Whether for religious reasons or personal convictions, people JUDGE. Criticize, attack, destroy-- just completely pick their lives apart. I can't blame Ricky Martin for keeping his private life a secret for so long. People still talked trash even after he came out. I don't know if I would have ever said anything at all. But he feels liberated now and he seems happy. God bless him.

Now, I am NOT saying I believe Jason. AT ALL. I don't. I have two reasons for doubting him. One, Jason's timing is off. He seems money hungry to me. This smells of Arnold Klein. Someone who truly loves Michael like he says he does wouldn't be revealing this to the media. He should know how much Michael values his privacy. And second and most importantly, Michael openly stated his heterosexuality MANY times. He said he loved women over & over again. We have seen Michael flirt & we've read his own accounts about the women in his life. That should be more than enough. He chose to address those rumors when he didn't have to. If he had never addressed this issue, I would have completely understood. But as usual, Michael can't catch a break.

Michael's word is final to me. I heard it come out of his mouth. That is all I need. His sexuality shouldn't even be up for debate. But even if the media continue to disrespect him as they always have, we cannot stoop down to their level. We don't know for sure why Jason is saying anything. Maybe he's playing his part in something else. Maybe not. We don't have all the facts yet. But he is still a person. Michael once said that he always tried to treat people with understanding and kindness. He said he tried to teach Prince and Paris the importance of not hurting other people's feelings and to love your neighbor as yourself. We apparently still have much to learn from Michael...

Great post! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->
  • teine21teine21 Posts: 898
    This is the sort of thing that drives me up the wall. We live in a supposed modern world yet so many of us are so close minded- stuck in the 1800s. So many of us preach about love and spreading Michael's message but then proceed to tear someone apart due to the way he looks & his sexual orientation? If in fact this man made Michael happy, then we should be happy because Michael was happy. As fans, that's what we want, right? We want Michael to be happy. But I guess if this ruins your daydreams and fantasies about MJ then it just can't be. Michael would be horrified to be reading some of the things written here. This is why so many celebrities chose to keep their sexual orientation a secret. People JUDGE. Whether for religious reasons or personal convictions, people JUDGE. Criticize, attack, destroy-- just completely pick their lives apart. I can't blame Ricky Martin for keeping his private life a secret for so long. People still talked trash even after he came out. I don't know if I would have ever said anything at all. But he feels liberated now and he seems happy. God bless him.

Now, I am NOT saying I believe Jason. AT ALL. I don't. I have two reasons for doubting him. One, Jason's timing is off. He seems money hungry to me. This smells of Arnold Klein. Someone who truly loves Michael like he says he does wouldn't be revealing this to the media. He should know how much Michael values his privacy. And second and most importantly, Michael openly stated his heterosexuality MANY times. He said he loved women over & over again. We have seen Michael flirt & we've read his own accounts about the women in his life. That should be more than enough. He chose to address those rumors when he didn't have to. If he had never addressed this issue, I would have completely understood. But as usual, Michael can't catch a break.

Michael's word is final to me. I heard it come out of his mouth. That is all I need. His sexuality shouldn't even be up for debate. But even if the media continue to disrespect him as they always have, we cannot stoop down to their level. We don't know for sure why Jason is saying anything. Maybe he's playing his part in something else. Maybe not. We don't have all the facts yet. But he is still a person. Michael once said that he always tried to treat people with understanding and kindness. He said he tried to teach Prince and Paris the importance of not hurting other people's feelings and to love your neighbor as yourself. We apparently still have much to learn from Michael...

Fantastic post! I completely agree! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
  • SarahliSarahli Posts: 4,265
    tolerance /tlrns; NAmE tl/ noun
    1 ~ (of / for sb/sth) the willingness to accept or tolerate sb/sth, especially opinions or behaviour that you may not agree with, or people who are not like you.
  • MashMikeMashMike Posts: 1,312
    I just wanna say, that i, personally don't have anythin' against gays, i love and respect them very much, they have all the rights to be treated well and to be cosidered normal members of society, it's really not right to criticize them or call bad names,they have the same rights as each of us,it's their life and only they have the right to decide how to live it.I just know that Mike was not gay, he was straight and loved women very much, as i have already mentioned about his personal driver and friend who was interviewed in my country after Mike's memorial, so he told a couple of stories about Mike's love for women, he told us when they were in London and when a hot woman would pass near, Mike would use some armenian words to talk about that woman with Gokor, so that, if his kids were near, could not understand what they were talking about, he wouls say "lavna che Gokor", which in english means:"isn't she hot Gokor", or he would call those hot women pretty fish ,so that the kids could not understand what they were talking about and the fact that he had a woman whom he loved very much and who had been near him for many years is not a secret but her identitiy is kept secret, and it's not heismypeterpen i think.
  • This is the sort of thing that drives me up the wall. We live in a supposed modern world yet so many of us are so close minded- stuck in the 1800s. So many of us preach about love and spreading Michael's message but then proceed to tear someone apart due to the way he looks & his sexual orientation? If in fact this man made Michael happy, then we should be happy because Michael was happy. As fans, that's what we want, right? We want Michael to be happy. But I guess if this ruins your daydreams and fantasies about MJ then it just can't be. Michael would be horrified to be reading some of the things written here. This is why so many celebrities chose to keep their sexual orientation a secret. People JUDGE. Whether for religious reasons or personal convictions, people JUDGE. Criticize, attack, destroy-- just completely pick their lives apart. I can't blame Ricky Martin for keeping his private life a secret for so long. People still talked trash even after he came out. I don't know if I would have ever said anything at all. But he feels liberated now and he seems happy. God bless him.

Fantastic post! I completely agree! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

I agree with your post. Everyone has the right to be who they want to be and have whatever sexiality they want. That should never be up for debate but to constantly slam Michael and make these false accusations and claims is just sickening. Who is going to be there for him. Who WILL stand up for him. I will, I will!!!

Michael was not gay as he said himself. Like you said - he said it and that is good enough for me!!! It is just people that want to bring him down over and over again and they get a "high" by putting this BS out. Time for another talbloid trash burning party!!!!
  • sherre34sherre34 Posts: 3
    why are we still talking about this man. He is a liar and there is no way michael would be a lover for a fat ugly pig like this Jason guy.and remember arnie tried many times to get money from Michael's estate. This is more of a money not Michael is gay or maybe arnie is afraid he may be charged too with Michael's murder and Him and Jason plot this lie to back in the news. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • nynyronynyro Posts: 296
    why are we still talking about this man. He is a liar and there is no way michael would be a lover for a fat ugly pig like this Jason guy.and remember arnie tried many times to get money from Michael's estate. This is more of a money not Michael is gay or maybe arnie is afraid he may be charged too with Michael's murder and Him and Jason plot this lie to back in the news. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

We already know that Jason is lying, but are you implying that because he is in your words "a fat ugly pig", he is not worthy of love? <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> We always talk not judging based on looks when we are defending Michael, but how come we don't apply that to others?

This is a real problem, especially on the gossip sites. However, because this is not a gossip site I expect us to hold ourselves to higher standard and not stoop to their level.
  • why are we still talking about this man. He is a liar and there is no way michael would be a lover for a fat ugly pig like this Jason guy.and remember arnie tried many times to get money from Michael's estate. This is more of a money not Michael is gay or maybe arnie is afraid he may be charged too with Michael's murder and Him and Jason plot this lie to back in the news. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

You know what....? I'M REALLY DISGUSTED.....
  • hesouttamylifehesouttamylife Posts: 5,393
    Pope-Benedict1.jpg

He protects pedophiles yet preaches the word of god which apparently condemns homosexuality?

Give me a break <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

The Catholic Church = hypocricy & control, that's all I will say about it, before I will step on some people toes...

I have a serious opposition to the premise of the confessional to a human being. I take all my confessions to the host and it's kept between me and him. No man will I ever give the power to know all of my faults, sins, hurts, etc. They cannot cleanse me of any of them and who knows what their mindset is at any given moment? Priests are only human and not perfect. They have their own faults as we have seen over the years. God said confess to him that you might be forgiven your sins. He also said there shall be no other God's before Him. I follow those doctrines.
  • reading_onreading_on Posts: 463
    I think people should start reading the whole thread before posting. You have been warned about saying bad things about people's appearance. There is no love in the world anymore, if people don't hate on one side, they hate on the other.
  • why are we still talking about this man. He is a liar and there is no way michael would be a lover for a fat ugly pig like this Jason guy.and remember arnie tried many times to get money from Michael's estate. This is more of a money not Michael is gay or maybe arnie is afraid he may be charged too with Michael's murder and Him and Jason plot this lie to back in the news. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->

You, sherre34, should be ASHAMED of yourself. How DARE you call people "a fat ugly pig". Shame on you!
  • jessicakthxjessicakthx Posts: 460

You, sherre34, should be ASHAMED of yourself. How DARE you call people "a fat ugly pig". Shame on you!

It's obvious they are projecting their own insecurities onto others. Sherre34, you should probably see a psychiatrist about that, sweetheart.
  • Pope-Benedict1.jpg

He protects pedophiles yet preaches the word of god which apparently condemns homosexuality?

Give me a break <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

I know, right? <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

Sherre34, I think u need to THINK before you TYPE, srsly, cuz that is so bogus what u said. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: -->
  • DancingTheDreamDancingTheDream Posts: 4,923

Sherre34, I think u need to THINK before you TYPE, srsly, cuz that is so bogus what u said. <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: --> <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: --> <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( --> <!-- s:evil: -->:evil:<!-- s:evil: -->

Before we totally hate in sherre34... lets cool the emotions and take a step back.

I think a lot of people out there are very angry with Klein and Jason for this one.. not because of what they have alledged, but because it is clearly a fabricated LIE. A lie when MJ does not have a voice.... except we are all his voice now.

Sherre34 may have got caught up in the anger and the emotion and stepped back into name calling because of this.

Please... lets love each other and not judge. XXX
  • GraceGrace Posts: 2,864
    I am having the impression that some unnecessary negative emotions are coming back to the board.

It is not helpful IMHO to comment on other person's appearances since it is only their published appearance and not their true personality we are looking at.
    It is not helpful IMHO to extend this thread to all injustices occuring in the world.
    It is not helpful IMHO to bash on good and bad behaviour of representatives of religions or religions as such, either.
    It would not be helpful either to extend the discussions to why there are U.S. troops authorizing child slavery in Haiti or why child soldiers are still killing people in central Africa or why Bangkok would be broke if the pedophiles of western developped countries would not bring their $$$.

Sometimes we tend to discuss the world here.

I think we should take all revelations on MJ's private matters with not only one but with two grains of salt. I don't care at all about what MJ did or did not do in his private 4 corners.
    Thus everything that is a media "private matter disclosure" per se is a lie to me.
    My OMGs and sighs are reserved for the degree of stupidity of media publications and for the audacity of their blatant lies only, hoping that - like in Europe - yellow press in the U.S. will go down in distribution success and reader perception soon.
  • Thinking with your heart instead of your head definately gets you in trouble!!!
  • Thinking with your heart instead of your head definately gets you in trouble!!!

That is no excuse at all. Like I said in the other thread that contains comments which made me stare at my screen in disbelief: Count to 10 before you post.
    and that's not thinking....Try to leave your heart apart and start thinking...
    and that's not thinking....Try to leave your heart apart and start thinking...

Some of us are just a little more emotional and passionate about things

I know though i know!!! ZIP ZIP!!!