Catherine Bach's Husband Found Dead

Comments

• <!-- m -->http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... QD9FDON9O0<!-- m -->
    Catherine Bach's husband dies in apparent suicide
    By RAQUEL MARIA DILLON (AP) – 4 hours ago

LOS ANGELES — A successful entertainment attorney who was married to actress Catherine Bach was found dead in an apparent suicide Friday, coroners officials said.

Peter Lopez, 60, died of a gunshot wound at his home in the Encino Hills, coroner's office operations chief Craig Harvey said.

A neighbor reported hearing a shot and someone at the home found Lopez's body, coroners officials said.

Bach and her two daughters suffered a "tragic personal loss," said her publicist, Steve Rohr.

Bach played Daisy Duke in the 1980s TV series "The Dukes of Hazzard."

Lopez was Michael Jackson's music attorney for several years, according to Alfred Newman, a spokesman for the firm Lopez helped found, Kleinberg Lopez Lange Cuddy & Klein. He also represented The Eagles, Andrea Bocelli and Michael Buble.

"We are deeply shocked and saddened by the unexpected loss of our friend and partner," the firm said in a statement.

Lopez worked with singers, record producers and songwriters and was a co-producer of the Jennifer Lopez film "Selena," a biopic about the beloved Tejano singer who was killed by the president of her fan club.

Raymone Bain, Michael Jackson's former general manager, said she hired Peter Lopez in 2006 as Jackson's entertainment attorney when she was reorganizing the singer's business affairs.

"I'd known Peter for 20 years," she said. When she was searching for a new legal team she said another of her clients, R&B singer Babyface, recommended Lopez.

"I can't think of a nicer individual," she said. "He was a good guy. I'm just so shocked."

She said Lopez traveled with her and Jackson to London for the World Music Awards and spoke to the singer quite often.

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger appointed Lopez to the California State Athletic Commission, which regulates boxing, and as the director of the California Exposition and State Fair Board.

Lopez attended UCLA Law School.

Associated Press Writer Anthony McCartney and Special Correspondent Linda Deutsch contributed to this report
  • there isnt much about him on the internet - seems like a nice guy - shame

but why do the news reports say apparently a suicide?
  • 2good2btrue2good2btrue Posts: 4,210
    Coroner Craig Harvey
    The same coroner as MJ. <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| --> <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| --> As always with Love xox
  • Coroner Craig Harvey
    The same coroner as MJ. <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| --> <!-- s:| -->:|<!-- s:| --> As always with Love xox

well they died in the same neighbourhood
  • He wasnt on mike's hit list

i think the connection - is just work nothing more
  • Lady JLady J Posts: 455
    Oh no I hope this is not a conspiracy....this is devastating
  • this is so sad i can't imagine what his state of mind must have been like for him to resort to suicide <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • there isnt much about him on the internet - seems like a nice guy - shame

but why do the news reports say apparently a suicide?

they write "apparently" because the investigation is not completed. It s always written that way in newspapers..."apparent suicide, apparent murder, apparent accident" and so on
  • simalvessimalves Posts: 730
    <!-- m -->http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Showbi ... 8215360920<!-- m -->

Its eerie when he talks about
    Mr Lopez also feels the media frenzy surrounding the singer's death, as well as continuing questions over the paternity of his children, is irresponsible.

"I think it's very unfortunate these sorts of things get talked about," the lawyer said.

"The children are probably going to hear about these kind of scandalous things. They are bright, young, wonderful kids.

"It's very hurtful and harmful to have this sort of talk out there, I think it's a little irresponsible frankly."

I keep thinking it must be so sad for his kids if he really committed suicide or even worse if he was murdered but they try to blame him.
  • Coroner Craig Harvey

well they died in the same neighbourhood

They did? Encino is the same neighborhood as Mike's rented mansion? Is this true?
  • VeryLittleSusieVeryLittleSusie Posts: 1,483
    Hmm... maybe he didn't die but is in a witness protection program? Maybe there is a large investigation going on that we don't even realise? <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • HollieHollie Posts: 119
    As soon as i saw this in the news, my brain went on to overload as to how this could or could not be related to the hoax, however i came to the conclusion that i strongly believe this man was under intense pressure from michael related things, maybe because he knew something big that certain other people wanted to know and because of this he may have had received some sort of threats which just pushed him over the limit.
    I dont know to me this is good for the hoax, but this is terribly saddening news <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
    Something about it is really quite erie.
  • mjgirl86mjgirl86 Posts: 316
    I agree with you, Hollie.. this is so sad, and he definitely had to feel pressured, and I wouldn't be surprised if he was threatened, and went insane, from it all... this is really heartbreaking. <!-- s:cry: -->:cry:<!-- s:cry: -->
  • paula-cpaula-c Posts: 7,221
    Apparent suicide, ... the police are well aware when someone is killed or commits suicide <!-- s:geek: -->:geek:<!-- s:geek: -->
  • DancingTheDreamDancingTheDream Posts: 4,923
    He wasnt on mike's hit list

i think the connection - is just work nothing more

He wasnt on Michaels hit list.. but he might have been on someone elses...
    Apparent suicide, ... the police are well aware when someone is killed or commits suicide <!-- s:geek: -->:geek:<!-- s:geek: -->

Police have to do an investigation first before facts can be established.
  • nefarinefari Posts: 1,227
    I'm so afraid for some reason that this points more towards Michael being dead than alive. This is all so scary like a huge picture of crime that we are not seeing yet. God we are in for a longgggg summer of confusion it seems.
    Nefari
  • I have a bit of an uncomfortable feeling with this death. Lopez was let go I think somewhere in Februari 2009, I can't find why.

Me 2. it's weird... Makes me think of Evan Chandler's suicide 6 months ago (not that I care he is gone) on 11/05. It's both a 7-date. 04/30.
  • teine21teine21 Posts: 898
    Randy tweeted about the loss of Lopez. I'm not on twitter at the moment so I can't copy & paste it, but he says that he was a friend & his lawyer. He worked for his family for over 20 yrs. So obviously, he wasn't on the bad side feeling guilty. He was on MJ's side, so maybe he was being threatened by those who were against MJ. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> So sad.
  • He worked for his family for over 20 yrs. So obviously, he wasn't on the bad side feeling guilty. He was on MJ's side, so maybe he was being threatened by those who were against MJ. <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> So sad.

I hope not. <!-- s:( -->:(<!-- s:( -->
  • I have a bit of an uncomfortable feeling with this death. Lopez was let go I think somewhere in Februari 2009, I can't find why.

Me 2. it's weird... Makes me think of Evan Chandler's suicide 6 months ago (not that I care he is gone) on 11/05. It's both a 7-date. 04/30.
    Jackson Death Mystery 'Will Be Solved Soon'
    Share15 Share Comments5:01pm UK, Friday August 14, 2009

The mysterious circumstances surrounding Michael Jackson's death should be cleared up very soon, his former lawyer has told Sky News.

Peter Lopez said he expected the toxicology report to be released in the near future.

The report has been completed but will not be made public while a police investigation is still ongoing.

Mr Lopez told Sky News: "We should hear within the next week. I believe the LAPD are doing a very thorough investigation.

"It's been seven weeks since Michael died, it was announced the reports would be out in five to six weeks, so we are a couple of weeks beyond that which is an indication of the professionalism of the LAPD, making sure they get it right."

Michael Jackson
    See more stories, video and picture galleries on our special Michael Jackson page.
    Mr Lopez also feels his former client's death could possibly have been avoided.

"I think it's too early to say, we don't have all the facts but he should not be dead, that's pretty clear.

"Something went terribly wrong and we'll find something out about that very shortly."

The lawyer paid tribute to the detectives conducting the investigation into the King of Pop's death, saying he realised they were in a very difficult situation and they were doing "terrific work" to make sure "the right results come out".

DEA agents searched a pharmacy in Las Vegas earlier this week to find prescription documents for Jackson from his former doctor Conrad Murray.

Jackson's former lawyer, Peter Lopez

They have also searched the doctor's premises, and while he is not an official suspect, Dr Murray is the subject of a manslaughter investigation.

Mr Lopez also feels the media frenzy surrounding the singer's death, as well as continuing questions over the paternity of his children, is irresponsible.

"I think it's very unfortunate these sorts of things get talked about," the lawyer said.

"The children are probably going to hear about these kind of scandalous things. They are bright, young, wonderful kids.

"It's very hurtful and harmful to have this sort of talk out there, I think it's a little irresponsible frankly."

• what a good find

this guy seems totally decent

pity mike did not have him on his team - he would be here today.

if you havent worked for mike for 20 years or so dont you think it is strange that you give an opinion?
  • ... he realised they were in a very difficult situation and they were doing "terrific work" to make sure "the right results come out".

Hmm... <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? -->
  • DatrootDatroot Posts: 1,314
    He represented Michael Buble and the Eagles too - it may have nothing whatsoever to do with MJ.
    He represented Michael Buble and the Eagles too - it may have nothing whatsoever to do with MJ.

Nah.. this has something to do with Michael Jackson. Lopez was close to the truth one way or another.